Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smokewagon
Jul 3, 2012

Zazamoot posted:

The Olympia AST came in the mail this morning. I really appreciate the design and construction, but I'm swimming in it. The waist can't cinch down tight enough to fit closely, but I don't think that actually matters. The elbow armor fits fine, due to the sleeve cinches, but I can push the shoulder pads onto my back pretty easily.

I really like the jacket, but I'm not sure if the shoulder armor and overall looseness should concern me.

edit: For anyone else considering it, I'm 5'11" and 145lbs

I noticed Olympia jackets ran a little bigger than normal, especially for anyone who was used to shopping for the more "European cut" styles in a lot of jackets. It's a good thing for bigger folks like myself (6'2"+ and 285lbs, 54" chest). I'd say their sizes probably run a full size larger than a lot of brands, at least that's what I noticed when I was shopping around. Some brands I would be in a 4X and it fit way too tight, or their 4x wouldn't even fit. With Olympia their 3X was perfect for me. They make a very high quality jacket from what I can tell. I haven't crash tested one, but I've heard nothing bad about their quality.

As far as being concerned with a loose fit, you definitely should make sure it isn't too lose. Motorcycle jackets should fit fairly snug, you don't want them moving around if you end up sliding on the pavement. If they fit loose they aren't as effective in keeping you from getting road rash. In addition the armor may not be where it is supposed to be in order to protect you in the event of an accident. It could be improperly positioned, or move upon impact, all bad things for armor if there ever comes a time when you need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.
Also, regarding size, a lot of American gear companies (I'm looking at you, Tour Master) assume you have to have a huge belly in order to wear their jackets. I'm 6'1" and have a slim athletic build at 175lbs, and I swim in most American jackets. It's hard to find a jacket with long enough arms that isn't made for a Danny Devito build.

I have the Teknic Supervent, and it's great for slim builds (especially with the velcro waist cinch). Dainese is pretty well-renowned for its slim builds, so I'd seriously look into their gear. European fits are much better for slimmer/athletic people looking for gear.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Shimrod posted:

I have to disagree that 2pcs are bad for winter - I have a 2pcs and it's winter at the moment where I am and as long as I have my scarf on I have no problems whatsoever with being cold.

Of course, it doesn't snow or anything here, but it gets down to -2 Celsius or so at night.

Subjectivity. :argh:

I'm not saying that you can't be warm in a two-piece. What I am saying is that all else being equal, a two-piece will move more air. The reason for this is not just wind blowing through it, but wind creating a vacuum around various openings and allowing air to flow through the large hem. This makes it colder.

Being colder means that you need to wear more layers, and then shed more layers when going from the motorcycle to normal attire. That's really the basic advantage of a one-piece. In an ideal-one piece you do not need to wear any additional layers when riding, beyond what is already appropriate for the weather conditions. So dress for walking around, and let the suit handle the windchill factor.

A perfect riding suit would be almost totally sealed. The warmest thing I own for moderately cool conditions is a leather racing suit. It seals perfectly, and I don't need any extra layers.

The Roadcrafter does not seal perfectly. You will need a scarf to seal up the neck opening. The zipper is large and air does leak past the main flap. You will probably need one extra layer for extended riding (face it, riding is like athletic sitting in a cold wind). But there is nothing better for commuting in temperate winters.

Xovaan posted:

Well, a tad bit of air leaking in never really hurt because my commute is no longer than 30 minutes each way. The weather always picks up during the daytime so my logic is basically around whether it's worth it to have the inconvenience of not being able to unzip while walking around for weather that only exists for odd and sparse times of the day.

But I'll take your word for it because you're a smart and well-versed gentleman in the art of gear. We have about the same body type-- how well does your Roadcrafter fit and protect?

What do you mean about not being able to unzip? The Roadcrafter has several vents, and you can operate both top and bottom zips and walk around with it mostly undone. But the real purpose is to take it off in 30 seconds, run a cable through it, and lock it to your bike. No hopping around or messing with waist zippers.

I'm not saying the Roadcrafter is perfect, but I don't really follow the case for two-piece garments in winter.

Fits me fine in 40L with an extra fabric ellipse patch on the back for extra torso bend. Torso is perfect, but perhaps a touch short in the legs at 34 inseam. Protection is variable; you decide what armor you want. It comes standard with shoulder, elbow and knee. Back and hip are also available. Armor placement is good.

I would recommend trying on my suit next time you're in the Bay Area, it can be annoying trying to size a garment sight-unseen and then do the whole shipping back and forth for adjustments.

EDIT: I forgot that the Aerostich is now shipping with improved zippers. These should cut down on airflow even further and reduce the likelihood of crotch wetness if water starts pooling.

MotoMind fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 28, 2012

Smokewagon
Jul 3, 2012

Fangs404 posted:

Also, regarding size, a lot of American gear companies (I'm looking at you, Tour Master) assume you have to have a huge belly in order to wear their jackets. I'm 6'1" and have a slim athletic build at 175lbs, and I swim in most American jackets. It's hard to find a jacket with long enough arms that isn't made for a Danny Devito build.

I can vouch for this. The TourMaster jackets i tried on seemed to be made perfect for folks with extra belly. I also found that most companies don't make jackets with long enough sleeves for me. I believe TourMaster, Olympia and one other were the only ones that fit great in sleeve length for me. I'm pretty out of proportion with normal people, I have a monkey torso and arms, short legs, and big narrow clown feet.

So buying motorcycle gear has been a huge pain in the arse for me. Most many companies don't have a whole lot of choice for jackets in Tall sizes (Though I am finding more now than I used to). And I've only found one or two that sell pants in Short sizes though some companies like Olympia make their pants so they can be tailored easily. I can't really find anyone that sells boots in narrow sizes. I'm actually a 13 A, which is rediculously narrow, but i'd settle for a boot in narrow if i could find it. I'm most likely going to have to go custom for riding boots. I did that for my cowboy boots and they fit perfect and are the most comfortable thing I've ever put on my feet. I'll be going custom for a one piece riding suit for sure, it's the only way i'll get a one piece that will fit. I got a link from one of the threads here for a company overseas (Pakistan I think?) that does custom one piece work that people speak highly of.

Smokewagon fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 28, 2012

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I'm also having issues with american jackets fitting me weirdly because I'm lanky. Absolutely none of the jackets fit me at the shop I went to.

I got a tourmaster jacket on revzilla (returning the bilt meshy one to the store), and it fits quite well, but the arms are still a little too loose and the elbow pad can slide around. Can I cinch the inner sleeve lining together to make it stay in place? Or is there any other good way to keep an elbow pad in place?

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES
Tried some of the Frank Thomas stuff on at a Honda dealership, but it seemed way overpriced compared to the website and the person helping me seemed a tad pushy, as well as when I mentioned wanting a helmet that had passed the SHARP test and she went on about it being some conspiracy involving Caberg, which is odd given only two of their helmets are on the list. Anyway, bought the Frank Thomas stuff I liked off their website, will I still get it or is their business completely gone? Tried ringing the number on their site and got through to NHS Gloucestershire.

edit: Ignore this, order confirmation came through, JS Accessories bought them out and it seems they're just clearing what's left.

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 28, 2012

Discomancer
Aug 31, 2001

I'm on a cupcake caper!

Smokewagon posted:

I can vouch for this. The TourMaster jackets i tried on seemed to be made perfect for folks with extra belly. I also found that most companies don't make jackets with long enough sleeves for me. I believe TourMaster, Olympia and one other were the only ones that fit great in sleeve length for me. I'm pretty out of proportion with normal people, I have a monkey torso and arms, short legs, and big narrow clown feet.

I had a problem finding jackets with longer arms for more lanky/athletic builds and ended up with an RS Taichi leather jacket in one size larger than my usual suit size. It fits awesome, nice long sleeves, a little snugger fit in the stomach with well placed armor in the shoulders and elbows. If you haven't looked at them, I'd give that a shot.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Zazamoot posted:

The Olympia AST came in the mail this morning. I really appreciate the design and construction, but I'm swimming in it. The waist can't cinch down tight enough to fit closely, but I don't think that actually matters. The elbow armor fits fine, due to the sleeve cinches, but I can push the shoulder pads onto my back pretty easily.

I really like the jacket, but I'm not sure if the shoulder armor and overall looseness should concern me.

edit: For anyone else considering it, I'm 5'11" and 145lbs
I got an AST that I had altered by a tailor a bit. Sleeves shortened, fits pretty nicely now. The skirt is perhaps a bit long. 5'8" 150lb, I think it was size small.

Zazamoot
Apr 2, 2005
Yeah, I bought a size small. I suppose I'll send it back. I realized upon trying it on again that the shoulder pads don't actually sit on my shoulder at all. I wandered into Manhattan and found somewhere to try a Dainese jacket. The fit was much better--everything felt much more securely in place, even though the Olympia is certainly more substantial. No purchases yet, though.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
I have a Q. On the off chance I don't like motorcycles (yeah right), I don't want to buy a $500 leather jacket right out of the gate just for the MSF. Is just a regular leather jacket acceptable? Denim? The MSF place I want to go to says thick/sturdy clothing is required.

Zazamoot
Apr 2, 2005
If I had worn leather at my MSF course I think I would have fainted. You're going seated above a hot engine on hot pavement beneath the summer sun. You'll be stationary most of the time and riding slowly the rest.

I wore a long sleeve button-down. I think denim would be acceptable.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

I wore a long sleeved shirt and was fine, you wont be moving fast enough for the wind to cool you down so full leather will make you way too hot.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I ordered the new Tourmaster Solution Airs as my first moto footwear. They're kind of moonboot-ish, so I had to adjust my shift up to accommodate compared to athletic shoes. Being zip-up with no laces, my heel lifts a little bit when I walk, but they're otherwise reasonable to walk in, and that might improve with break-in. Despite being the "Air" version, I can't really feel a breeze at speed. Maybe the non vented version would be miserable, or maybe I've been spoiled by my foolish mesh running shoe riding.

Oddly, only the left shoe came with solid ankle protection sewn in. Hopefully that's not by design and NewEnough will take them back. Aside from that defect, they seem like a nice deal at about $120.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
If you hang your toes down over the pegs and extend your foot downwards you'll probably catch some more air if your feet are getting hot. Normal riding position sometimes doesn't catch enough air but even on my non vented boots doing that seems to pull in a little more and cool my feet down.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Got a bunch of $ saved up in Amazon gift certificates, and thinking about buying my first high quality helmet. I'd love an Arai, cause I've tried a couple on and they felt awesome, but I'd really also love to have the features of an internal sun visor and the option of bluetooth. Arai don't have those. I'd love a Schuberth just because Michael Schumacher and it's German, but ain't none of those on Amazon. Anyone have opinions of fancy helmets with these features? Are any as awesome as Arai? As a Ducati owner, it would be nice to have a brand that is known to be elitist in some way.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I really like the look of the Nolan N43E Trilogy, but I don't know if it's elitist enough. The yellow in the voyage pattern is boss. The only thing I'm iffy about is that chin bar.

E: Wait, get this thing!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 30, 2012

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Pope Mobile posted:

I really like the look of the Nolan N43E Trilogy, but I don't know if it's elitist enough. The yellow in the voyage pattern is boss. The only thing I'm iffy about is that chin bar.

I ordered one of those LITERALLY yesterday.

You're a wizard.

edit: Speaking of elitist enough.Yes, Yes it is. I am replacing my Roof Boxer V8 with it and if it's good enough to replace my wacky French fighter pilot lid, it's elitist enough.

PadreScout fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 30, 2012

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
He works in mysterious ways.

QnoisX
Jul 20, 2007

It'll be like a real doll that moves around and talks and stuff!

Pope Mobile posted:

I have the Nolan N43E Trilogy Outlaw. No fancy graphics or even brand name on the outside. Just got it a couple weeks ago. The chin bar seems pretty study and it uses metal clips to attach to the helmet, unlike a lot of modulars that use plastic clips. I don't think it's going anywhere. The visor comes down further than most helmets, so you have massive visibility. I bought it mainly because of the flip down inner visor and it works just as well as my Scorpion 1000. It does come standard with dark smoke, instead of Scorpion's light smoke. There's also pinlock, which the Scorpion doesn't have. The wind noise level is a bit much, but it moves a ton of air. Come winter time my face might freeze in the mornings. Dunno, have to give it a go once it's cold outside. Oh and it's really light weight, huge change from my Scorpion...fits better too. I went with a large Nolan, where I had to use XL with the Scorpion.

Too bad the bluetooth module that fits into the helmet is extremely overpriced. I'll probably end up skipping it and making my Sena fit. Kinda a shame. Oh and attaching a gopro to the top is not really an option.. The visor is huge and comes waaay back when fully open.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Pope Mobile posted:

I've got one of these and while the viewport is awesomely huge it has some issues:

The twist knobs that hold the visor on can be prone to coming off. In really bumpy off-road conditions I've had to go back and find them twice.

The helmet is the loudest I've ever used, I can't hear my Cardo G2 with a headphone amp at any speed above 60mph.

To fit the cardo I had to take a dremel to the thick bottom cuff/collar bit to get it to fit, but it has nice pockets in the foam for speakers.

The top vent (I got the euro one with the big sliding vents) is pretty awesome but after ~20K miles it's starting to break.

The helmet has the most flex of any helmet I've owned, somewhat disconcerting.

Whatever coating they used on the helment is pretty sweet and the paint held up much better than any other helment I've used in the past and cleans up much easier.

PlasticSun fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 30, 2012

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Got a bunch of $ saved up in Amazon gift certificates, and thinking about buying my first high quality helmet. I'd love an Arai, cause I've tried a couple on and they felt awesome, but I'd really also love to have the features of an internal sun visor and the option of bluetooth. Arai don't have those. I'd love a Schuberth just because Michael Schumacher and it's German, but ain't none of those on Amazon. Anyone have opinions of fancy helmets with these features? Are any as awesome as Arai? As a Ducati owner, it would be nice to have a brand that is known to be elitist in some way.

I just picked up a Schuberth S1 that sat on a shelf for 5 years for $100 sure it's a little old but it's by far the fanciest helmet that I've ever owned and I'll be damned if this thing isn't mutiple steps above my old Arai, if you can find one for a non-absurd price I'd go for it.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

It's advised to replace helmets after accidents right? Theres a very minor scratch on the side where I fell. (not to mention many other drops off my table/bike/deck/car top.)

Also, Where can I find styles like this in America for less than $600 :psyduck:?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Tenchrono posted:

It's advised to replace helmets after accidents right? Theres a very minor scratch on the side where I fell. (not to mention many other drops off my table/bike/deck/car top.)
If you're anal about it, any impact to your helmet should be a reason to replace it.

Remember the egg thing you (hopefully) did in science class in school. If you squeeze an intact egg in your palm it can take a LOT of pressure before it breaks. If there's even a tiny crack in it, it will break instantly. It's the same way with your helmet.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

If you're anal about it, any impact to your helmet should be a reason to replace it.

Remember the egg thing you (hopefully) did in science class in school. If you squeeze an intact egg in your palm it can take a LOT of pressure before it breaks. If there's even a tiny crack in it, it will break instantly. It's the same way with your helmet.

I think it's more of an issue with the EPS liner being already squished so that if you take an impact in the same area it may not properly cushion the blow. The shell really is just there to make sure nothing impales your head. Most falls of something about table height or lower are nothing to worry about.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
If it just scraped the ground a little (with no real impact) it's probably fine. Like Drunk Pledge Driver said it's really all about the liner. You can always keep it as a spare if you decide to replace it. Falls off tables etc. are absolutely fine unless there was a head in it at the time. If you know a Roof Boxer will fit you OK I would be happy to ship one on for you from across the pond but I don't know if it would work out much cheaper, those are expensive lids.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Tenchrono posted:

Also, Where can I find styles like this in America for less than $600 :psyduck:?

The closest helmet I've seen (looks wise) to the boxer is the Icon Varient. It has a dirt-bike like peak and also has the curved visor and big chin bar. It's still pricey at a few hundred bones and icon's build quality is lower than most other helmet manufactures. FWIW, it does ventilate better than the boxer and if you perfer d-rings it has that over the euro-style buckle. It has a strange internal shape and I couldn't find one that fit me well.

Airoh is brand without US distribution but they make some very nice helmets. I've order from this German supplier before and they've got great customer service and reasonable shipping. The J106 is a modular helmet where you can remove the chin bar, for a jet style helmet, here's a webbikeworld review: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/airoh-j106/

And the german supplier I've order from before: http://www.motoin.de/Helmets/Jet-Helmets/Airoh-J106-COLOR::22206.html

http://www.burnoutitaly.com/ is cheaper and they also carry Roof helmets but the matte finish ones are still close to $600.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Awesome, Thanks. I'll probably order a new helmet when I finish moving. I don't want to take any chances.

E: Anyone know if Scorpion does post-crash helmet testing?

ReformedNiceGuy
Feb 12, 2008

qutius posted:

I've been riding with my in-ears more often lately - I like the foam tips, they seem to stay in my ears the best and are the most comfortable. I had some rubber tips with a triple flange that were pretty comfy too, but would still need to be repositioned in my ear more often than foam.

Comply Tips are great and will fit almost any earbuds if you want to check out some replacements.

I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for this recommendation. I picked up some large Tx100s and they're absolutely perfect for me.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Does anyone own a http://store.teizms.com/mojave?
I really would like some more detailed photos. I need something cooler than my current jacket, with more vents or mesh or something. I'm melting in FL.

I have this http://www.firstgear-usa.com/Mesh/CSSVentureJacket.html now and those front black panels with all the pockets block too much airflow.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

PlasticSun posted:

Airoh is brand without US distribution but they make some very nice helmets. I've order from this German supplier before and they've got great customer service and reasonable shipping. The J106 is a modular helmet where you can remove the chin bar, for a jet style helmet, here's a webbikeworld review: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/airoh-j106/

And the german supplier I've order from before: http://www.motoin.de/Helmets/Jet-Helmets/Airoh-J106-COLOR::22206.html
I WANT THIS SO BAD. What's the fit like?

Edit: I can't read, I guess you haven't owned it. Sorry.

Really wish I knew what shape my head was.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 3, 2012

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

BlackLaser posted:

Does anyone own a http://store.teizms.com/mojave?
I really would like some more detailed photos. I need something cooler than my current jacket, with more vents or mesh or something. I'm melting in FL.

Why what a coincidence: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/teiz-motorsports/mojave/

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Fifty Three posted:

I WANT THIS SO BAD. What's the fit like?

Edit: I can't read, I guess you haven't owned it. Sorry.

Really wish I knew what shape my head was.

I have owned an Airoh S4 which I loved but fit me terribly, assuming (and it's a big assumption) that the fit between the two helmets is the same I'd say it's very similar to a classic Shoei fit. If a Shoei T series helmet fits you well or their multitec the Airoh head shape would likely fit you well, it is rather different from the X-11 or long oval head shape. My head is very long (front to back) and I had an uncomfortable pressure point on my forehead with the S4 but it was a very very well made helmet, nicer than the Arai XD I got to replace it.

Motoin.de is a quality seller though and even through they'll ship goods worldwide they offer a good return policy and respond quickly with email (remember to take the time difference from Germany into account).

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Fangs404 posted:

I have the Teknic Supervent, and it's great for slim builds (especially with the velcro waist cinch). Dainese is pretty well-renowned for its slim builds, so I'd seriously look into their gear. European fits are much better for slimmer/athletic people looking for gear.

I'm so glad you posted this. I ordered a First Manufacturing jacket in medium and there is a ton of extra space, super awkward. Typically with "trendier" brands I wear a medium, so I might give these guys a shot.

I currently have a joe rocket mesh jacket that is basically just a support structure for padding, super porous, which is great for Louisiana summers, but I was looking for something that might be good in the fall/winter. It rarely gets below 40 in our winters, and honestly if its that cold I'd probably just stay home. Do you think this particular jacket with the lining and maybe a sweater underneath would be good for 50f riding temperatures?

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Holy poo poo thanks!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

PlasticSun posted:

I have owned an Airoh S4 which I loved but fit me terribly, assuming (and it's a big assumption) that the fit between the two helmets is the same I'd say it's very similar to a classic Shoei fit. If a Shoei T series helmet fits you well or their multitec the Airoh head shape would likely fit you well, it is rather different from the X-11 or long oval head shape. My head is very long (front to back) and I had an uncomfortable pressure point on my forehead with the S4 but it was a very very well made helmet, nicer than the Arai XD I got to replace it.

Motoin.de is a quality seller though and even through they'll ship goods worldwide they offer a good return policy and respond quickly with email (remember to take the time difference from Germany into account).
Man, I've never worn a Shoei T helmet. I've never worn a helmet other than my HJC CL-Max, which fits me pretty well as far as I can tell. I need to go get a baseline to compare against, I guess.

Edit: Has anyone else worn a CL-Max that can compare it to other helmets? Maybe we can start a database. :v:

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 4, 2012

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
From what I've picked up on this forum, Shoei and Arai is a tighter fit length-wise than HJC, Shark, and Bell. My Shark and Scorpions have had similar fit for my longer head and chin.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH
I don't know if I have a long head or chin or a round one or whatever; I do know that most helmets I wear end up hurting me right above the eyebrows though, but then again this also happens if I wear a baseball hat or anything tighter than a knit cap

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
There's your problem Shliski don't wear a baseball hat under your helmet

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.

ADINSX posted:

I'm so glad you posted this. I ordered a First Manufacturing jacket in medium and there is a ton of extra space, super awkward. Typically with "trendier" brands I wear a medium, so I might give these guys a shot.

I currently have a joe rocket mesh jacket that is basically just a support structure for padding, super porous, which is great for Louisiana summers, but I was looking for something that might be good in the fall/winter. It rarely gets below 40 in our winters, and honestly if its that cold I'd probably just stay home. Do you think this particular jacket with the lining and maybe a sweater underneath would be good for 50f riding temperatures?

I live in Iowa, and I've worn the Supervent in temperatures around the upper 30s. It's pretty chilly, but the windproof liner does a fantastic job. I wear a hoodie underneath, and it's pretty good for commuting. If you're wanting to use it for longer rides in cold weather, I'd look elsewhere.

That said, if you're just worried about temps in the 50s, this jacket would be perfect for you. Throw the liner in, and you'll be very comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Fangs404 posted:

I live in Iowa, and I've worn the Supervent in temperatures around the upper 30s. It's pretty chilly, but the windproof liner does a fantastic job. I wear a hoodie underneath, and it's pretty good for commuting. If you're wanting to use it for longer rides in cold weather, I'd look elsewhere.

That said, if you're just worried about temps in the 50s, this jacket would be perfect for you. Throw the liner in, and you'll be very comfortable.

This sounds perfect I'll order one once I get my return processed