Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

So I just found out the mod of my dreams existed but was never made public.. :smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpIp4SNRz_I

God damnit it looks so good too... :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

randombattle posted:

So I just found out the mod of my dreams existed but was never made public.. :smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpIp4SNRz_I

God damnit it looks so good too... :smithicide:

That actually looks p.cool. Haven't done a melee/unarmed run yet though.

Oh, I've been playing a bit of Honest Hearts, and I don't really like it. The fact that they have a dude in it named two-bears-hi-fiving though, that made me laugh out loud and say 'oh poo poo, awesome'

Had to share my joy of finding that

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I have a hundred crack fist mod off the Nexus from a while back.

It's not that one, and it's not as awesome.

:(

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Nah that wouldn't do it, my Steam isn't even on the C: drive.

drat :(
Well poo poo. :( It was a long shot, but thought it was worth mentioning.

You know what, I'm just going to list exactly what I've been doing. Maybe you can tell me if I'm doing something wrong:
  1. Download and extract Combat_Package-35668-1.rar to common\fallout new vegas - Merge Data folder when prompted
  2. Download and extract Desert_Scorpion-V3-35668-1.rar to common\fallout new vegas\ - Merge Data folders when prompted. Overwrite files when prompted - 10 files total:
    Desert_Scorpion.esp
    meshes\armor\DesertScorpionTSJacket.nif
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\equip\knife.dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\equip\rope.dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\BACKPACK.dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\BACKPACK_N.dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\CHEST.dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\CHEST_N.dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\EQIP.dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\EQIP_N.dds
  3. Drop your edited NVBCS01 mesh into Data\meshes\armor\DesertScorpion
  4. Download and install Geonox_Riot_Armor_v1_1-38887-1-1.rar with FOMM
  5. Download and install Geonox_Riot_Armor_-Female--43844-1-1.zip with FOMM - overwrite when prompted - 1 file total:
    Geonox_Riot_Armor.esp
  6. Download and install New_Vegas_Battle_Suit_V2-35668-1.rar with FOMM - overwrite all files when prompted - 9 files total:
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\equip\EQUIP.dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\equip\EQUIP_N.dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\BAGS.dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\BAGS_N.dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\HARNES (2).dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\HARNES_N (2).dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\HOLSTER (2).dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\HOLSTER_N (2).dds
    textures\armor\DesertScorpion\Re5\KNIFE (2).dds
  7. Download and install VegasGirl_V4-38050-4.7z with FOMM.
  8. Drop LeatherRiotArmor.esp into Data - check .esp in FOMM
  9. Arrange load order as:
    Desert_Scorpion.esp
    Geonox_Riot_Armor.esp
    NVBS.esp
    VegasOutfits.esp
    LeatherRiotArmor.esp

A thought occurred to me while writing all this poo poo out: Does it matter that I'm extracting Combat Package and Desert Scorpion directly to my Data folder and installing the other stuff with FOMM?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Weird :( I DO want to believe someone found an updated version of Desert Scorpion gear however, maybe I'm using that one and the one I've got uploaded there is out of date? Checking my /textures/ folder found "blackPants", however, but it doesn't seem to match the mesh.

If someone could tell me how to look up what texture a mesh is using via Nifskope, I could figure this out.

E:

May have found them. Pop these two files in fallout new vegas\Data\Textures\Armor\DesertScorpion\Cowboy

Texture
Normal map

Beeb fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Oct 6, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I don't have a Cowboy folder, so I made one and dropped those files into it:

Getting warmer :v:. Pants work and it's just the belt stuff now that has the flickering textures (holster, knife, back pouch thing).

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Bash Ironfist posted:

Oh, I've been playing a bit of Honest Hearts, and I don't really like it. The fact that they have a dude in it named two-bears-hi-fiving though, that made me laugh out loud and say 'oh poo poo, awesome'

I'd rank Honest Hearts second to Dead Money, for me (yeah I'm a weirdo)

The entire story is very biblical (which was obviously the point), and they really got the point across that Joshua is badly exploiting these people for his own bloodthirsty ends, and they're willingly following him because he's "a great leader"

My major complaint was that the valley sucked quite a bit, especially getting around some areas (the mountains in particular suck balls)

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

This is probably very obvious but I've spent 30 minutes looking around and I can't find how, but how do I edit/create perks and traits in the GECK?

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Upmarket Mango posted:

This is probably very obvious but I've spent 30 minutes looking around and I can't find how, but how do I edit/create perks and traits in the GECK?

I've never done it, but judging from a quick glance there is a Perk subcategory in the Actor Data category whose entries seem to refer to perk effects defined in Game Effects -> Actor Effects which then call up effects defined in Game Effects -> Base Effects.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Thanks.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Bash Ironfist posted:

Okay, something has corrupted my save game. When I try to load it, it just stays on the loading screen, and I have to use task manager to shut down fallout.

Start a new game and play until the first autosave which is right before choosing your SPECIAL. Once autosave is complete you should be able to load your old save. No I don't know why this works but it does every time for me.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Horns posted:

I don't have a Cowboy folder, so I made one and dropped those files into it:

Getting warmer :v:. Pants work and it's just the belt stuff now that has the flickering textures (holster, knife, back pouch thing).

Try these three:

They go in /Cowboy/ as well :clint:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Is there any mod that makes combat in 1st person bearable? How do you guys actually use ironsights? I can't hit poo poo with most of my guns.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Brace posted:

Is there any mod that makes combat in 1st person bearable? How do you guys actually use ironsights? I can't hit poo poo with most of my guns.

Aim? I actually find third person way less precise. The whole four or five times I've attempted three or four shots that is.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Brace posted:

I'd recommend turning off iron-sights. They're only there for babby console toys and ultimately block half of the screen.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
What? How hard is it to use iron sights? Line things up and pull the trigger.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the problem with the ironsights in F:NV isn't the iron sights themselves, it's the terrible enemy animations and AI that basically has them switch direction almost instantly and without any warning at all

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Rather Dashing posted:

I'd recommend turning off iron-sights. They're only there for babby console toys and ultimately block half of the screen.

...what? How does using iron sights have anything to do with consoles?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Burning Mustache posted:

I've never done it, but judging from a quick glance there is a Perk subcategory in the Actor Data category whose entries seem to refer to perk effects defined in Game Effects -> Actor Effects which then call up effects defined in Game Effects -> Base Effects.
Perks can actually do a lot without actor effects. There's three main things they do:

1) Grant an ability (actor effect) - this is, for example, how perks like Solar Powered or Night Person work.
2) Set a quest stage - this allows you to run whatever script is associated with that quest stage, permitting perks like Explorer or Animal Friend (which sets the player faction to be friendly with the animal faction).
3) Alter math calculations at one of a number of pre-specified "entry points," such as weapon spread, limb damage, addiction chance, run speed, enemy critical chance...for any such entry point, the relevant value can be altered in a number of ways, such as being set to a new specified value, set to a fraction or a multiple of its normal value, or added to. Many of the default perks use this, such as Cowboy increasing weapon damage, or Lead Belly reducing radiation.

Another 'entry point' is "activate," which permits you to add a new choice to use of items or even people; I can't think of any default perks that use this, but if you have the mod that lets you cook in ovens, it uses this.

4), sort of: It's also possible for a perk to do nothing directly, except being checked for in some other part of the game. For example, the Rad Child perk has no actual effects associated with it. But radiation poisoning has a regeneration effect that checks if you have the Rad Child perk, and only applies if you do. Similarly, Whiskey's intelligence debuff checks that you don't have the Whiskey Rose perk, and it has a DT buff that checks if you do have it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

fennesz posted:

...what? How does using iron sights have anything to do with consoles?

Clearly they're for babies much like consoles. Can't you read??

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Yodzilla posted:

Clearly they're for babies much like consoles. Can't you read??

The whole trend of ironsights comes from analogue sticks not being all that great for aiming. They're somewhat redundant for mouse aiming but I can see the attraction of looking down the sights, though I'm generally left irked that 50%ish of my view is blocked.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I prefer my FPS without ironsights; but they really arent because of consoles; take a look at the more serious fps games like ARMA for example.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you're using the iron sights the only thing you want to see is the person you're aiming at through the actual sights. The rest of the screen is redundant at that point.

That's a pretty silly criticism.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
I thought they came from Red Orchestra being awesome.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Rather Dashing posted:

The whole trend of ironsights comes from analogue sticks not being all that great for aiming. They're somewhat redundant for mouse aiming but I can see the attraction of looking down the sights, though I'm generally left irked that 50%ish of my view is blocked.

That is probably part of why they originated but your point of view seems totally skewed by your own opinion, I love having iron sights in PC games since it allows for more precise aiming and is a little more immersive than shooting from the hip at whatever is in your crosshair. I grew up on games like Doom and Hexen where iron sights were nothing but a pipe dream and still feel this way, games that don't implement iron sights of some sort actually come off to me as cheaply made these days.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Iron sights are awesome. Perfectly lining up your shot with your unscoped hunting rifle and nailing some bandit in the head from 500 yards away and getting a sneak attack critical is a fantastic feeling.

The game would be infinitely worse off without them.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Just to clarify, I agree that shooting from the hip and running around as if this were Quake would not be Fallout - I just prefer the less realistic, arcadey aiming where the camera doesn't have to be touching the gun.

I disagree that all you need to see is what you're aiming at. I need to be aware of the surrounding dangers as you very rarely are fighting a single foe in this game.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Then... shoot from the hip until you have to make a shot that counts?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

LvK posted:

Then... shoot from the hip until you have to make a shot that counts?

Or, as I said, turn off the advanced/realistic (I forget what the option is actually called) and use the arcadey zoom.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Rather Dashing posted:

The whole trend of ironsights comes from analogue sticks not being all that great for aiming.

What? How does aiming down the sights change how well you can control a game with a controller compared a mouse? Iron sights were added to games to differentiate between inaccurate shooting from the hip compared to actually aiming a gun like you would in real life.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Take this retarded iron-sight poo poo to the regular thread where God intended it. This thread is for men talking about men modding man-things, like guns and cowboy hats.

Now, for those of you who have wondered what Legion PA would look like, look no further. I think the best thing about this mod is that 1: It is canon friendly unisex armor, which the community could definitely use more of and, 2: If it gets integrated into the leveled lists, it'd make for some terrifying Legion encounters.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Holy poo poo, that is awesome.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Take this retarded iron-sight poo poo to the regular thread where God intended it. This thread is for men talking about men modding man-things, like guns and cowboy hats.

I apologise, I begat a monster.

Back on topic, what's a good armour pack to select if I just want them to be spread throughout the wastes? I tried one a few months back (I forget which) but it seemed to just add a box of the things to Goodsprings, which I'm not really a fan of.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Now, for those of you who have wondered what Legion PA would look like, look no further.

This loving owns, though I'm a little sad that PA didn't stand for Pennsylvania. Was looking for some nice Amish duds up in here.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Holy poo poo that armour is pretty loving cool. Lanius should definitely be the one wearing it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Saw this in the thumbnail for a mod to fix the White Glove mask, but it wasn't included with the mod. Any idea where I can find this re-texture for the White Glove Society dress?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rather Dashing posted:

Back on topic, what's a good armour pack to select if I just want them to be spread throughout the wastes? I tried one a few months back (I forget which) but it seemed to just add a box of the things to Goodsprings, which I'm not really a fan of.

I have asked the same question, myself. There are very few armor "packs" that add themselves to leveled lists. A majority add lone armor sets, and of those, most either require a console command or are hand-placed in a box at some specified location.

Besides FOOK and Project Nevada's Equipment module, Jaysus' Rogue Ranger Coats adds a number of lore-friendly cowboy-style outfits to the game via script. I frequently hijack this mod's script when I want to add my own armors to the game, since it's (marginally) easier than writing my own script from scratch.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
what the loving christ

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44274

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Ddraig posted:

what the loving christ

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44274

The mod author posted:

...I used Bouncing Natural Breasts...

There's a mod for that? Nexuuus... :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Smol posted:

There's a mod for that? Nexuuus... :stare:

Mods, youtubes for said mods, screenshots, animated GIFs, the whole shebang.

That said, judging from the youtube video of the bouncing breast mod, the general assumption of the Nexus is that breasts behave much like a pumpkin sized water-balloon.

Boobs don't work like that.

Edit: Suffer for your curiosity! :nws:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQbBTR6Qzas:nws:

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 6, 2011