Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Ideal army list:

man with gun, 1pt
man with big gun, 2pt

tank with small gun, 10pt
tank with big gun, 15pt

gun: 4+ to kill
big gun: 3+ to kill

eratta:

small gun: 5+ to kill but shoots twice!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

MasterSlowPoke posted:

What flavor? It's zany for zany's sake. It' s a rotary missile launcher, which means that it fires a ton of smaller rockets instead of one larger missile. Sure, that's cool. But why are there ammo selections? There's only one hopper per launcher, and there isn't any means of mechanically selecting which rockets it can fire, so where's the ammo coming from? It should only be loaded wwith one ammo type. And if they're smaller rockets, why are they so powerful? Why don't marine missile launchers get these turbo-vehicle-fucker missiles? If they're slightly too big for a marine, why not dreads and hunter killer missles? Why is it D3 rolls on the chart and not just 2D6, pick highest? Where's the elite tracking coming from for the anti-air missiles? Why do they all have different ranges? Is it really fun to spend 50 points on extra ammo to gently caress-harder low-save blobs or mechanicus dudes? Why even give the option to list tailor against Admech? If the Imperium has had weapons that can just turn off entire robot forces since before Unification, why is it only in this extremely underproduced tank?

It's a rotary missile launcher. It should just shoot a bunch of small missiles. I'd say the 8th edition special rule it has is more flavorful anyway, you can fire it normally or go full auto. I don't see why the HH version has remaining stationary be more important to it, it's a Sicaran class tank and is meant to be move and fire. It's not the Enterprise-D where it's choosing to give more power to the phasers or engines.

This is what it looks like when you roll a 1 on your Overcharged plasma gun in real life.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Now is a good time to point out that Thousand Sons automata don't have cybernetica cortexes.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

GreenMarine posted:

Now is a good time to point out that Thousand Sons automata don't have cybernetica cortexes.

:getin:

I hope they do bigger magic robits. A TSons thanatar firing some kind of warp bomb would be incredible.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I don't like 7th edition because the guns aren't realistic

Hmmmmmmmmmm

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

GreenMarine posted:

I hope dark admech can replace the cortex with a daemon :getin:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

They'll still die to a Leviathan with a snippy claw. :getin:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm so pumped for Angelus. It's going to be such a letdown. Inferno mk2.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Uhhhhh, Inferno is a great book. I don't get the hate

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Not in here. Out there.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:frogsiren: Work in Progress comin' through! :frogsiren:

Ok, so here we go. This guy's obviously a work in progress, but I think I'm comfortable showing him off for now. Essentially, I took the dorky Praetor Tribune model and dangled him up to hell and back. The halberd blade, wing poles, and dong shield are all stolen from the plastic Deathwing kit. The chest angel is a little 40k decoration I cut the wings off of and shaved down, using greenstuff to fit it to the torso after removing the central eagle-ish thing. Now it's got its wings unfurled, shooting lightning everywhere. :black101: The head's an alternate from the metal Dark Angels company master. It's been lurking in my bits box for forever and it seemed fitting. I did try a helmet, but just couldn't get it to fit even by shaving it down so I moved on. The cape is a terminator chaos lord cape with a few modifications. I had to cut out the original mount and the smokestacks, then I used greenstuff to repair the fur and I tried to patch up all the holes in the cape. There are a lot of them and they still probably need a little bit of work. The cape is held on with some putty for now, it'll be kept separate for painting.

Again, this guy's not done yet. I've got another growly lion shoulder pad coming from ebay; they're actually Age of Sigmar bits and I had a left one leftover from some model I built for Silver Tower. I tracked down a right-hand version of the shoulder pad in the Stormcast Paladins box. The weapon is also unfinished. I'm aiming to use the censer end of the Deathwing halberd, but I'm also trying to extend the haft of the weapon a little so it doesn't look quite as doofy. Unfortunately, no plastic grips match this one so I'm going to have to figure something out myself.

Overall, I'm really happy with how this guy is coming along. The crotch protector is maybe a little too long; it actually starts at the torso on the original sculpt and only goes to around the knees. I can still alter it and move it up a few mm, but I'm pretty ok with it as-is. I'm also contemplating a grenade harness up top, between the two feather poles.

The original model, for reference:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

That poo poo is rad and I love it. Best conversion I've seen since Skullapalooza.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

What flavor? It's zany for zany's sake. It' s a rotary missile launcher, which means that it fires a ton of smaller rockets instead of one larger missile. Sure, that's cool. But why are there ammo selections? There's only one hopper per launcher, and there isn't any means of mechanically selecting which rockets it can fire, so where's the ammo coming from? It should only be loaded wwith one ammo type. And if they're smaller rockets, why are they so powerful? Why don't marine missile launchers get these turbo-vehicle-fucker missiles? If they're slightly too big for a marine, why not dreads and hunter killer missles? Why is it D3 rolls on the chart and not just 2D6, pick highest? Where's the elite tracking coming from for the anti-air missiles? Why do they all have different ranges? Is it really fun to spend 50 points on extra ammo to gently caress-harder low-save blobs or mechanicus dudes? Why even give the option to list tailor against Admech? If the Imperium has had weapons that can just turn off entire robot forces since before Unification, why is it only in this extremely underproduced tank?

It's a rotary missile launcher. It should just shoot a bunch of small missiles. I'd say the 8th edition special rule it has is more flavorful anyway, you can fire it normally or go full auto. I don't see why the HH version has remaining stationary be more important to it, it's a Sicaran class tank and is meant to be move and fire. It's not the Enterprise-D where it's choosing to give more power to the phasers or engines.

I think that's being a bit unfair, abstraction exists for a reason. Unfortunately 8th went really the wrong way to just boring.

I mean even the CSM legion traits are just the same as the SM ones.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Ok, so here we go. This guy's obviously a work in progress, but I think I'm comfortable showing him off for now. Essentially, I took the dorky Praetor Tribune model and dangled him up to hell and back. The halberd blade, wing poles, and dong shield are all stolen from the plastic Deathwing kit. The chest angel is a little 40k decoration I cut the wings off of and shaved down, using greenstuff to fit it to the torso after removing the central eagle-ish thing. Now it's got its wings unfurled, shooting lightning everywhere. :black101: The head's an alternate from the metal Dark Angels company master. It's been lurking in my bits box for forever and it seemed fitting. I did try a helmet, but just couldn't get it to fit even by shaving it down so I moved on. The cape is a terminator chaos lord cape with a few modifications. I had to cut out the original mount and the smokestacks, then I used greenstuff to repair the fur and I tried to patch up all the holes in the cape. There are a lot of them and they still probably need a little bit of work. The cape is held on with some putty for now, it'll be kept separate for painting.

Again, this guy's not done yet. I've got another growly lion shoulder pad coming from ebay; they're actually Age of Sigmar bits and I had a left one leftover from some model I built for Silver Tower. I tracked down a right-hand version of the shoulder pad in the Stormcast Paladins box. The weapon is also unfinished. I'm aiming to use the censer end of the Deathwing halberd, but I'm also trying to extend the haft of the weapon a little so it doesn't look quite as doofy. Unfortunately, no plastic grips match this one so I'm going to have to figure something out myself.

Overall, I'm really happy with how this guy is coming along. The crotch protector is maybe a little too long; it actually starts at the torso on the original sculpt and only goes to around the knees. I can still alter it and move it up a few mm, but I'm pretty ok with it as-is. I'm also contemplating a grenade harness up top, between the two feather poles.

This guy is awesome. Dark Angel as gently caress :getin:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Played a 2v2 2500pt per force game last Friday.

Night Lords & Blood Angles vs. Space Wolves & Sons of Horus

List looked something like this:

NL's: Terror Assault
Terror squads in claws
Curze with some raptors
Predator squadron
Contemptor in a pod

Blood Angels:
Praetor with Assault Marines
Tac squad
Assault marines
2x predators
Sicaran
Command squad with banner
Leviathan in a pod
Kheres contemptor mortis

Sons of Horus:
3x maxed reiver squads with axes
Horus
Chaplain
Outflanking contemptor
2x squads of Justaerin

Space Wolves
3x maxed squads of grey slayer with fists
Russ with a squad of Varagyr
Centurion in terminator armor
Gregor Fellhand
Spartan

Here's the deployment:

Turn 2:

Pods come in, everyone rushes to the create a giant manpile in the center of the table

Turn 3:

Stanyer the Young takes Stanyer89 outback and puts a bullet in his head.

Curze woops this poo poo out of Horus and he runs away with 1 wound remaining with a glorious intervention

I forgot to take anymore pictures, just imagine Blood Angels and Night Lords being removed from the table in handfuls.

We got spanked. Attrition was something like 12-6. I think the final score was 3-7. Still was a fun game. Panascope showed his true colors and ran away a combat with Horus

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Slow but steady on el glaiverino. I'm pretty content with how the bas relief came out, considering I'm not much of a sculptor. Now to edge highlight goddamn everything and add some checkerboard to the top of the hull.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
All dork angles are beautiful.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Slow but steady on el glaiverino. I'm pretty content with how the bas relief came out, considering I'm not much of a sculptor. Now to edge highlight goddamn everything and add some checkerboard to the top of the hull.

Glaives are awesome, Dork Angels are awesome. This is going hams.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

27 out of 60 Grey Slayers fully painted and based... I'm almost there!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Stanyer89 posted:

27 out of 60 Grey Slayers fully painted and based... I'm almost there!

Too bad they are bad.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

awuuu... :smith:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
e: nvm I need to kill myself or learn reading

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

DJ Dizzy posted:

Too bad they are bad.

Wrong as usual

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

All dork angles are beautiful.

Always loving wrong as usual.

Also, 29 out of 60...

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Show me your LOW toxxes. I would, but have not yet bought mine. Because I like to wait until the last minute.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Imagine I posted a pile of resin I don't even want to look at

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Who's a bad enough dude to win this copy of Space Jam??

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Will take better pictures. I think since these I have fixed the skin tone on the face quite a bit too.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Stanyer89 posted:

Will take better pictures. I think since these I have fixed the skin tone on the face quite a bit too.

(Bigger pics please!)

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Safety Factor posted:

I was going to come and say that the plastic robe from the Custodes box fits Tartarus armor perfectly but man, that's rad as hell.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

#3 Huscarl for my Grey Slayer Pack.

Awuuuuuuuuuu!

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Hamshot posted:

(Bigger pics please!)

Big Papa Wolf-Daddy. LoW Toxx: COMPLETE.

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 10, 2017

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

"What do you mean we're out of Busch Light?!"

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

This is my progress on Angron so far. My Knight had been primed (then pushed aside) for months!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

World Eaters never fought Imperial Fists, ettin please ban

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Good models itt.

Looking forward to Russ killing most of my army

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

World Eaters never fought Imperial Fists, ettin please ban

Horus never bitched out of 1v1 either