Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Baby steps. She's 60+, and came to me with an earnest question. I didn't feel it the time to correct language. Especially when there's comics like the one you quoted still pushing that it's all the same, and it's all deviant. I was a little proud of her, really, because she's been becoming more conservative Christian as she gets older :sigh:

Oh for sure, I just recently found out that my mother-in-law was telling all her old folks at the old folks home about her transexual daughter-in-law and was like jfc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

There is wisdom in this post

Fulchrum, I've wasted far too much time on this argument, and we're clearly never going to see eye-to-eye on this, but I urge you to consider that progressive policy frequently involves taking action against the sole interests of the whites, and suffice to say the whites have considerable means which they have proven all too willing to use to protect those interests. Just try to take that into account. You don't have to make it your be-all end-all. Just remember that race exists, and it's important. Remember that race is a factor. That's all I want. Be intersectional about it. I'm not even trolling now. This is a heartfelt plea.
Since it's clear I cannot lead you to the answer, evidently I will need to spell it out for you by showing how simply your argument carries over.

Calling rich people all the enemy regardless of their actual policies or goals is loving idiotic, just as much as demonizing all whites or all Christians. The majority of all three groups is in the Republican camp, but it is only the portions in the Republican camp who are the enemy and should be hated vehemently. Because if you try to purge everyone of these people out for sharing a trait with people who vote Republican, all you will do is swell the ranks of Republicans and make it even more impossible to win and establish a less atrocious society.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
All this defending of poor racists is making it hard to read the thread, also making me sort of nauseous. :sigh:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

All this defending of poor racists is making it hard to read the thread, also making me sort of nauseous. :sigh:

Man, just put Fulchrum and Loquacious on ignore. Saves the scrolling, filters out 95% of bad posts.

I, of course, provide the other 5%.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Man, just put Fulchrum and Loquacious on ignore. Saves the scrolling, filters out 95% of bad posts.

I ain't loving defending poor racists, don't bring in this both sides at fault poo poo.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

I ain't loving defending poor racists, don't bring in this both sides at fault poo poo.

also: neither is anyone else

e: sorry mandatory lesbian, I couldn't resist this one :negative:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Brexit and political divisions – MPs have overturned two House of Lords amendments that aimed to protect the rights of EU citizens living in the UK and hand parliament a ‘meaningful vote’ on the final Brexit deal" Also Boaty McBoatface to go on its first Antarctic mission

Telegraph:

Scottish independence: Nicola Sturgeon fires starting gun on referendum

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Second Scottish referendum

England and Jonathan Joseph thump Scotland to seal Six Nations title

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The Copper Kaiser posted:

gently caress science (or my ill-informed view of what science is anyway).

The only time I've seen a scientist come close to saying that science disproves God was when Lawrence Krauss said that the physical laws of the Universe exist in such a way that they can spring from nothing and don't require a creator. Adam4D is always strawman bullshit but this one is particularly blatant.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The Copper Kaiser posted:

gently caress science (or my ill-informed view of what science is anyway).

Fine. God did it. Sounds good.

What does that have to do with loving anything after that? How does that help study a distant star, or analyze a genome, or fight a disease?

Adam 4D apparently thinks scientists sit on their asses* dissing fundamentalist Christians all day without doing any work.

*Kind of like Adam 4D!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Jesus, yeah. They are both moving goal posts around like it is the World Calvinball Championships​. I lost interest in who was actual making an argument pages ago.

Content:

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I just wanna know what an alcoholic duck thinks about college students

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Has Tinsley ever had his duck mouthpiece drink before? Or does he try to pretend he's a moral and upstanding teetotaler?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fulchrum posted:

Since it's clear I cannot lead you to the answer, evidently I will need to spell it out for you by showing how simply your argument carries over.

Calling rich people all the enemy regardless of their actual policies or goals is loving idiotic, just as much as demonizing all whites or all Christians. The majority of all three groups is in the Republican camp, but it is only the portions in the Republican camp who are the enemy and should be hated vehemently. Because if you try to purge everyone of these people out for sharing a trait with people who vote Republican, all you will do is swell the ranks of Republicans and make it even more impossible to win and establish a less atrocious society.

#notallmen, eh Fulchy?

Because there's a rhetorical reason that we don't specify "some rich people" or "some white people." And if you think through why you're so offended by the more universal term you'll understand why.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Dear mods, please make replying to Fulchrum a bannable offense and also give me a pony.

Thank you. Amen.

On less annoying topics, we may have hit Peak Zombieanne Conway.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

#notallmen, eh Fulchy?

Because there's a rhetorical reason that we don't specify "some rich people" or "some white people." And if you think through why you're so offended by the more universal term you'll understand why.

It hurts your head and makes you sad you can't just claim both parties are bad, man, and it's all the corporations who are keeping us down?

And we've had five loving pages of people arguing #notallwhites.

The universal term is all Republicans. It's also the actually correct term you loving idiot.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fulchrum posted:

It hurts your head and makes you sad you can't just claim both parties are bad, man, and it's all the corporations who are keeping us down?

And we've had five loving pages of people arguing #notallwhites.

The universal term is all Republicans. It's also the actually correct term you loving idiot.

And I'm done trying to help you. You're not even thinking before you write anymore. Take care, F-dog.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

And I'm done trying to help you. You're not even thinking before you write anymore. Take care, F-dog.

I'm not the one who keeps coming back to saying the poor racists are just misguided victims, so I'm pretty confident I'm not the one who is in need of help here.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Tei posted:

Magnetic fields can generate electricity, and electronic machines create a magnetic field. With this maybe can spy on somebody keyboard next room in a hotel with thin walls, so you can steal passwords without any contact with the hardware or the software.

Yep, that's the basis for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempest_(codename) aka https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Eck_phreaking

Also using microwaves is a thing for surveillance: http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1274748

I'd hedge my bets KC and the Trumpshine Band read up on some technobabble to try and sound smart and latched onto the only word they were familiar with, though not for the correct use.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

HACKER PEOPLE

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Well, I sure did enjoy scrolling past all those Fulchrum posts. It's a shame no-one changed his mind in the end but I guess that's because they gave up to easily.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

I'm not the one who keeps coming back to saying the poor racists are just misguided victims, so I'm pretty confident I'm not the one who is in need of help here.

Turn on your monitor

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Popped up on my Twitter feed, not sure how recent it is:

A commission, obviously. Hell if I'm going to the URL but it's probably sex tourism.

Not sure what the point is in doing a commission done of "yourself" when at least 3/5 of the people being depicted are just a famous person you chose as your Twitter avatar.

Garrison being who he is, I'd put good money on the second-from-left guy actually being morbidly obese (assuming it's not just another famous person I don't recognize) and second-from-right guy having serial killer looks.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

A commission, obviously. Hell if I'm going to the URL but it's probably sex tourism.

I...wow.

quote:

The definitive single mens' guide to living the dream of a location independent lifestyle and making the most out of their lives

quote:

The Single Dude’s Guide to Life & Travel is a comprehensive guide on how to see the world, live the life of your dreams and not spend a ton doing it.

We happily accept fan mail, hate mail, comments, questions, suggested articles, guest posts, travel reports and more.* If you add something really cool and we like what you do we may even give you a big fat plug. Please feel free to write us any time at contact@singledudetravel.com. If you are interested in submitting a guest post, please read our guest post policy.

There's a link list on the lower right of the site that is....an endless shaft of alt-right gold, tunnelling deep into the earth.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Hey, I'm not the one who suggested Ed Wood despite Glen or Glenda actually conflating transvestitism and transsexualism, claiming one is just a less advanced form of the other.

And it having Bela Lugosi yelling to an empty room about big green dragons.

Wow, I guess it's a good thing I didn't mention the movie "Glen or Glenda" at all then!

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Does anyone even use the term transvestite anymore? Outside of the Rocky Horror Picture Show?

Yes. In fact there's a transvestite comedian of no small amount of fame.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Not sure what the point is in doing a commission done of "yourself" when at least 3/5 of the people being depicted are just a famous person you chose as your Twitter avatar.

Garrison being who he is, I'd put good money on the second-from-left guy actually being morbidly obese (assuming it's not just another famous person I don't recognize) and second-from-right guy having serial killer looks.

If I remember right from when it was originally posted, it's pretty much entirely sex tourism.

MRA sex tourism.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

It's been posted before, there were some good edits.

nobodyssweetheart posted:

Better? Or worse?

nobodyssweetheart posted:

I agree. Not enough. It still seems lacking. I'll try again.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MikeyTsi posted:

Wow, I guess it's a good thing I didn't mention the movie "Glen or Glenda" at all then!

Oh gee, what could have made me think that when talking about cross-dressing, transgenderism and Ed Wood, you'd be referring to the only Ed Wood movie actually about transgenderism and cross-dressing.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MikeyTsi posted:

Yes. In fact there's a transvestite comedian of no small amount of fame.

Probably lives in a cave.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Oh gee, what could have made me think that when talking about cross-dressing, transgenderism and Ed Wood, you'd be referring to the only Ed Wood movie actually about transgenderism and cross-dressing.

Because I specifically mentioned one movie and not the other?

Don't be dense.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What does climate change and caricatures of SJWs have to do with single dude travel? Or the second amendment? Pretty sure carrying a gun on you to other countries would be a bad idea.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fulchrum posted:

"Transgenderism" is not a word dude (outside of focus on the family's website). Being transgender is not a religion or a philosophy. "Transgender" is an adjective in front of words like "person", or "woman", or "man". If you're going to post like crap, at least crap in real words.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MikeyTsi posted:

Because I specifically mentioned one movie and not the other?

Don't be dense.

You didn't mention one movie, you said to watch an Ed Wood movie. He only made one movie that's relevant.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Starshark posted:

Well, I sure did enjoy scrolling past all those Fulchrum posts. It's a shame no-one changed his mind in the end but I guess that's because they gave up to easily.

I unfortunately can't keep posting non-stop until the heat death of the universe

If I was the kind of guy who commissioned a politically-themed Ben Garrison portrait of myself, but I had the option of instead presenting myself to the world as Jeff Bridges, I know what I'd pick

Also the best part of the picture is still the "down" arrow on Borat/Boris' arm, the only way Garrison could think of to signify that Borat is not, in fact, pulling Osama out of the trash can

MikeyTsi posted:

Don't be dense.

askin a lot there

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

cis autodrag posted:

"Transgenderism" is not a word dude (outside of focus on the family's website). Being transgender is not a religion or a philosophy. "Transgender" is an adjective in front of words like "person", or "woman", or "man". If you're going to post like crap, at least crap in real words.

How about instead of jumping down my throat you just give me the correct goddamn term of issues relating specifically to transgender?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fulchrum posted:

How about instead of jumping down my throat you just give me the correct goddamn term of issues relating specifically to transgender?

Why would I give the benefit of the doubt to someone who uses terminology from the Focus on the Family website?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

cis autodrag posted:

Why would I give the benefit of the doubt to someone who uses terminology from the Focus on the Family website?

You don't even know the correct term, do you?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Jesus Christ PMs are a thing.

Mr. Bill
Jan 18, 2007
Bourgeoisie Pig
Not because you were hoping to use appropriate terms, mind you. You were worried someone might yell at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fulchrum posted:

You don't even know the correct term, do you?

If you had reading comprehension you would have understood that there is no word that means what you want it to mean. "Being transgender" is the closest you're going to get pal.

• Locked thread