Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Gonna be egg on all your pimply nerd faces when you find out that the download is just the co-op poo poo and the single player is on the cart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Really, it's a stupid move on WB's part. Why add the manufacturing costs to a product they could have just released as an eShop title? They've managed to get the worst of both worlds going this route.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Takoluka posted:

Hello, friends. My PS4 is offline, and I'm looking forward to *looks at box* Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5. Trip report incoming!

that game does play entirely offline as required yes

thats not to say it isnt a buggy piece of poo poo and a mess, but the patch doesnt exactly change that situation either

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Jimmy Hats posted:

Gonna be egg on all your pimply nerd faces when you find out that the download is just the co-op poo poo and the single player is on the cart

it wont be egg on my face, i'll be very happy if thats true!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The only games worth buying physical are the nintendo first party releases imo, lego games burned me as a kid and I refuse to give the Danish anymore money for them and their ugly games

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I can't believe that WB Games, the company that released a fundamentally broken and still unfixed version of Batman Arkham Knight on the PC, would make such a lovely move

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Stux posted:

that game does play entirely offline as required yes

thats not to say it isnt a buggy piece of poo poo and a mess, but the patch doesnt exactly change that situation either

The disc version literally does not contain the game outside of the tutorial, buddy.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Looking forward to buying the physical version of Lego City in 4 months for $15 while the digital sits proudly at $59.99

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can buy the digital version for $20 right now... on WiiU.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Takoluka posted:

The disc version literally does not contain the game outside of the tutorial, buddy.

thats what people thought initially due to a single unsourced tweet but it actually does, the patch is incredibly huge for no discernible reason as it barely fixes anything wrong with the game. probably some weird lack of delta patching which has happened with a couple of games this generation from terrible developers. i think it also replaces a bunch of textures etc iirc?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

32 GB of mask ROM costs like $2. It might be WB being lovely to their customers or it might be Nintendo price gouging for carts, but somebody is being a huge gently caress.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

We'll see when the game comes out (or maybe reviews will mention it) but yeah, if you can't even start the game while offline it's lovely.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

32 GB of mask ROM costs like $2. It might be WB being lovely to their customers or it might be Nintendo price gouging for carts, but somebody is being a huge gently caress.

Imma go with WB being fuckheads and cheaping out on a ported game

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Since the Binding of Issac physical version came with an actual full color instruction manual and stickers for the same price as digital, I'd bet anything that WB is being a huge gently caress, especially given their past history of being a huge gently caress

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
i think we can all agree that while WB are definitely huge fucks, nintendo need to come down on this now and ensure this is a one off by stopping any one else who tries it from getting cert

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Got my Switch, now I'm waiting to be authed on Discord.

Is there a goon friends DB?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok I'm going to have to finally ask this because it is mentioned casually everywhere now.

What is Discord?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

parallelodad posted:

Ok I'm going to have to finally ask this because it is mentioned casually everywhere now.

What is Discord?

Voice and text chat software, very much like slack, aimed at videogame communities. It's pretty good!

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Voice and text chat software, very much like slack, aimed at videogame communities. It's pretty good!

The authbot seems to have issues with me though. I think it''s the "!" in my username.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Warner Brothers issued a statement that players who purchase the retail version do not need to download the game to play. It's a somewhat ambiguous statement.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol people thought Nintendo aren't as scummy as everyone else.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Empress Brosephine posted:

Nintendon't do that

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

parallelodad posted:

Warner Brothers issued a statement that players who purchase the retail version do not need to download the game to play. It's a somewhat ambiguous statement.
Statement here:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-28-fans-have-noticed-something-odd-about-lego-city-undercover-on-switch

Seems fairly cut and dry, although it still doesn't explain why an internet connection would be "required".

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 28, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Empress Brosephine posted:

Why do you come in this thread?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I was able to pick up a switch yesterday (two actually - snagged the second for a friend). Still finding my way around this thing. Breath of the Wild seems like it's going to take a long time to get through. Mario Kart is dropping at the end of the month, and I hear good things about Master Blaster and Shovel Knight. What else should I be checking out on it?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

housefly posted:

I was able to pick up a switch yesterday (two actually - snagged the second for a friend). Still finding my way around this thing. Breath of the Wild seems like it's going to take a long time to get through. Mario Kart is dropping at the end of the month, and I hear good things about Master Blaster and Shovel Knight. What else should I be checking out on it?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

housefly posted:

If you have a friend or family member, Snipperclips is great co-op puzzle solving fun. Single player is so so. Fast RMX is a good wipeout clone and goon recommended for lunch tournaments at the office. The Neo Geo golf game has a dedicated goon following. The upcoming Lego City game is fantastic if you want to play Grand Theft Lego.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 28, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Turf Masters is goat

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Norns posted:

Turf Masters is goat

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bad news for anyone holding out for those Romance of the Three Kingdoms games: the new expanded version was announced to come overseas and every current gen version was confirmed for US release EXCEPT the Switch version.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Region free mothahfuckaaaaaas.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

maybe they could only fit one kingdom on the cart.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Policenaut posted:

Bad news for anyone holding out for those Romance of the Three Kingdoms games: the new expanded version was announced to come overseas and every current gen version was confirmed for US release EXCEPT the Switch version.

Non issue

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Does anyone know when during the day new games show up on the eShop? Really want to play Snake Pass

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Thursday?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Normally, but Snake Pass is supposed to be out today presumably because that's when it comes out on other platforms.

I'm guessing it'll update to be buyable at 11am CST since that's when it tends to update on Thursdays, and the Snake Pass page on the eShop already says "Available Now"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Snake Pass is today.

It's noon Eastern, 9 Pacific.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

EU shop says it's released tomorrow, which makes no sense.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
WHERE IS BINDING OF ISAAC EU SHOP?!?!!?!?1/1/1/!?!?1

*lots of annoyance*

I'm literally my avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

VideoGames posted:

I'm literally my avatar.