Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I skim your posts tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Funny you respond pretty quickly and specifically

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I have a cellphone

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

There's no risk of Ferrari pulling out.

I wish Jos pulled out :smith:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony Montana posted:

Funny you respond pretty quickly and specifically

Hit Norns with another of your epic zingers Tony so he's put in his place.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He can skim. Ive never really debated or discussed anything with him, its not like I am losing contact with a great conversationalist. An ex-military American and I dont really get on. Its no suprise to me

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns was in the military?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I think your perception of me might be slightly modified by your excessive cocane use.

There's probably a great case study between Tony's cocane posting and my weed fueled posts.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Thank you for your service Norns

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yes wicka. Navy

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah he told us when I thought he wasnt American.

You wanna know something Norns, I probably smoke more weed than you do.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

I think your perception of me might be slightly modified by your excessive cocane use.

There's probably a great case study between Tony's cocane posting and my weed fueled posts.

I think there's a far greater underlying issue than his cocaine usage and I'm just waiting for him to causally drop whatever bombshell that will be on us.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony Montana posted:

You wanna know something Norns, I probably smoke more weed than you do.

loving lol, every time you do this.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

lmbo

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
worst thread is actually...

good?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Is that the bombshell? I choose the chiba over the yayo?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
mate that's going too far.

Australian royal engineers provided communication support/laid down the lines for the American Marines during the initial invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq :colbert:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Thank you for your IT support

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Er lol how about the whole lot of dying we do following our bigger bro on thier world police eacapades?

I dont get on with Aussie ex military generally either. Different people with very different values to me thats for sure

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I believe that might be very true.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Vietnam LC. We were in that loving jungle right alongside the US. WW2. It goes on. Please dont summarise our involvement as laying cable

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
You're laying cable all over this thread.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm fairly confident I don't have much in common with Australian ex military

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Theophany posted:

lol

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

I think there's a far greater underlying issue than his cocaine usage and I'm just waiting for him to causally drop whatever bombshell that will be on us.

bipolar II

e:

Theophany posted:

devastating

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm the most anti military person in here and actually advocate dismantling ours but holy hell if you don't have anything other than the highest respect for somebody who has served for their country.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm the most anti military person in here and actually advocate dismantling ours but holy hell if you don't have anything other than the highest respect for somebody who has served for their country.

Isn't your military just a bunch of ultra polite dudes in red coats with funny hats riding horseback?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
So how about that F1, eh, lads'n'lasses? The car go round the track and go vroom vroom but its real quiet this time cause of a really lovely engine formula.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I don't really need to get into my reasoning behind my service. But it sure as gently caress wasn't because I love war.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Isn't your military just a bunch of ultra polite dudes in red coats with funny hats riding horseback?

That is more or less my point, it's a paper tiger with no actual function.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Tony Montana posted:

Vietnam LC. We were in that loving jungle right alongside the US. WW2. It goes on. Please dont summarise our involvement as laying cable

You don't have a clue do you? They were laying cable with and behind the first small wave of marines before the main invasion force. Please don't use the word "our" when describing the military again mate.

E. Touchy subject, some of my cousins are in the army.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNEKuxoo8QI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZX2GaFu-K8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGk1p3-3kgY

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah... let's end this derail and get back to the things that matter.

Like how Max Verstappen is a good driver and Lewis finally seems to have peaked.

Maybe.

Too early to tell this season.

e: or maybe, would some of that 68m Ferrari got would have saved Manor?

iospace fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 8, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

All we have are derails between races.

And the occasional livery chat and some moron will bring up engine noise eventually too.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Do I respect it.. hrm. Following orders without independant though? A culture of macho bullshit. Isolation and alienation from normal people. There are certinaly many things I dont respect about it. Like its cool some army dude is in a hole in Afganistan rather than me, but should we even be there at all? The only reason you are there is because you were told to go there and you automatically do whatever youre told? Why is that noble? We dont lap up the whole 'PROTECTING YOUR FREEDOM' bullshit. Youre there because its your job and its your job becuase your probably too much of a fuckup for a real job.

Sure there are outliers but isnt this most of the military? I dont thank the garbo for emptying my bins, its his job and he does that job becuase thats his choice.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you don't thank the garbageman for emptying your bins then you should be in the bin.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Shut uppppppppppppp

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Oh i was writing that while you posted to stop. Ok ill quit it. And jesus christ LC you dont even loving live here

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tony your thoughts on military are one thing this thread can do without.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The problems Haas is having with their brakes are exactly what you'd expect to happen when a team tries to build an F1 car through a bunch of suppliers instead of designing and building it all in-house.

wicka fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 8, 2017

• Locked thread