Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

beejay posted:

Oh boy I can't wait to play such classic Blizzard characters such as... Ana? Oh well as long as they keep cranking out skins everyone can pretend the game itself and the playerbase isn't stagnant. Gimme them loots! :yokotaro:

:golfclap:

Sniper healer grandma owns, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Yeah drat that Kel'thuzad from that silly Overwatch game that nobody plays!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Way more people know who Ana is than Stukov in 2017.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

ana owns. overwatch owns.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I wonder what super broken mobility skill Ana will have

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I wonder what super broken mobility skill Ana will have

Ana has absolutely no mobility abilities.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Which, alongside Zarya, might make her one of the only Overwatch characters that doesn't shatter the game with their mobility. :p

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I am... actually not all that excited about Ana. But that's mainly because I don't think the transition from shooting at people from first person to clicking on them in third person will feel all that great.

Then again I had my doubts about Lucio initially too, so I would be glad to be proven wrong again.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I imagine she will work like Nova's snipe to heal allies? Really don't know how they will handle same shot being healing or damage depending on who it lands. They could make a snipe that does both, but in OW Ana has much more leeway with her shots for healing than for damage. Maybe the same shot will have two different widths (a narrow damage width and a wider healing width), that's how I would do it if I was a game designer.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

My suspicion, though it's only that of course, is that they won't translate it directly into AAs hurting enemies and helping allies. But we'll see in a couple months, perhaps.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

beejay posted:

Oh boy I can't wait to play such classic Blizzard characters such as... Ana? Oh well as long as they keep cranking out skins everyone can pretend the game itself and the playerbase isn't stagnant. Gimme them loots! :yokotaro:

:golfclap:

I'll tell you what, you look up Ana Memes in one tab, and look up Samuro Memes in the other tab, and tell me which tab has more results.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Sniper grandma loving owns, deal with it.

e: There's a shot in that design video showing a big pajamathur statue. Behind it is a display showing what looks like a promo image that includes Ana alongside Nova and Diablo? And a few other characters, but it is difficult to make out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3vTE55kRcg&t=370s

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Aug 30, 2017

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013

GenericOverusedName posted:

e: There's a shot in that design video showing a big pajamathur statue. Behind it is a display showing what looks like a promo image that includes Ana alongside Nova and Diablo? And a few other characters, but it is difficult to make out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3vTE55kRcg&t=370s

That's the Blizzcon keyart from 2016. The other characters would be Chromie, Sylvanas and the Innkeeper from Hearthstone.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Ah, darn.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

If it was they would have added him during the Sun's Out Guns Out event!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBuhwWV2-kM

FireBatHero was my first crush. :swoon:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Alpha Mayo posted:

I imagine she will work like Nova's snipe to heal allies? Really don't know how they will handle same shot being healing or damage depending on who it lands. They could make a snipe that does both, but in OW Ana has much more leeway with her shots for healing than for damage. Maybe the same shot will have two different widths (a narrow damage width and a wider healing width), that's how I would do it if I was a game designer.

Ana's innate will be her autoattacks heal allies they pass through. :getin:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I grouped with some random people on the /reddit channel for half of my TL placements (discord was empty last night) and got carried for four great games and got ROLLED in the fifth. The score was 1-35, down 5 levels at the end. Idk what happened there, their garrosh just wrecked us over and over. We were Sonya, Valla, Uther, Sylvanas, and Taunt Varian against Garrosh, Nazeebo, Kaelthas, Brightwing, and Ragnaros (on Dragon Shire). Did we lose it in the draft somehow or was it just a bad game? I absolutely sucked that game, and apparently Valla has a rough time on DS.

Really fun time overall though including a great BoE game where we took triple support by accident yet somehow the Artanis carried us by doing 100k hero damage in a 20 minute game (having taken amateur opponent too).

People seem way better about pushing core in TL.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Actual things they need to do so that this becomes a better game:

Make all heroes free, or at least most/many/bring back the mega bundles.
Fix or remove the lovely maps that do not get played at their own competitive events.
Fix the reconnect system.
Introduce an official API/statistics web interface.
Make MMR visible.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hire actual humans to investigate reports so that toxic players are actually removed from the community.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

20 heroes free made it so easy to f2p... At least 12-15 heroes should be free though imo, I'd have six bundles on offer so that not everyone gets the same heroes. Maybe it takes 20 tho idk, I certainly didn't play until nexus 2.0.

Certainly a rare, epic, and legendary for each role would be cool.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 30, 2017

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Well part of the problem is when they added Mega Bundles they removed the starter packs that contained like 5 or 10 heroes, then never put the starter packs back. Combine that with the fact that you get less gold now and hero gold costs don't go down anymore must make it frustrating to be a F2P player.

But yeah, they should still have the Mega Bundles - just make them $10 or $20 or whatever, with "free" promos occasionally.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Literally just make the mega bundles free forever, one per account.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MisterZimbu posted:

Well part of the problem is when they added Mega Bundles they removed the starter packs that contained like 5 or 10 heroes, then never put the starter packs back. Combine that with the fact that you get less gold now and hero gold costs don't go down anymore must make it frustrating to be a F2P player.

But yeah, they should still have the Mega Bundles - just make them $10 or $20 or whatever, with "free" promos occasionally.
Oh I didn't realize they removed starter packs. I have no idea how they plan on attracting players by giving them 2 heroes, it's crazy, part of what makes f2p addiction work is by giving rapid progression upfront.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

a witch posted:

Literally just make the mega bundles free forever, one per account.

The usual bluster and whining whenever this is suggested is "b-b-but smurfs!!! :qq:".

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Libertine posted:

I didn't say she was worrisome to lane against but no one is worrisome for her to lane against.

Nazeebo, Zagara, and a handful of others can poop on Sylvanas without trying because she's not supposed to be a solo laner. Her damage is too low and/or too inconsistent for the task. She's intended to be a lane partner to make it easier to pressure your lane opponents because they can't rely on the minion wave or the towers to back them up. Her Shadow Dagger is probably the best example of this - it deals more damage the more targets there are to spread to, so if you're soloing with her, you're straight up losing out on damage potential at all times.

Also, Mind Control is useless if you don't have teammates nearby.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I always take Wailing Arrow on Sylvanas, big burst damage and disabling multiple people is usually way better than immobilizing myself to move some guy out of position for two seconds. It's actually not uncommon for me to have highest or second highest damage on Sylvanas because she actually does do a decent amount of damage with Withering Fire resets and Wailing Arrow.

Also nobody mentioned Nazeebo too much but he is a fantastic solo laner. Voodoo ritual sustain is absurd if you talent for it, or you can play for the lategame and take the double stacking talent. Either way, if you get at least two waves to the enemy wall it's going down very very quickly. Also his damage with spiders is insane.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 30, 2017

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Say what you will about Blizzard's storylines, but they do make art:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUmkttcC9zA

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Mind Control can be better if the enemy team lacks mobility and your mates deal a lot of damage, especially if they depend on combos and skillshots to kill something.
It does require proper positioning, timing and general awareness, it's harder to pull off than a decent arrow, but MC will get you a kill if used the right way. Sometimes walking one particular threat like a Chromie into your Alarak's Murder Zone/your Punisher's stomp/your keep can be a lot stronger than silencing her team. The arrow is usually a safer choice, but it's not the best one 100% of the time.

Also, MC is a lot more fun than WA, especially with the level 20 upgrade. You could also go for blink + MC at 20 which is a fantastic way of punishing squishies out of position. The level 13 unstoppable talent can also be used right before MC so you don't get interrupted but you're probably better off going WA in those situations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

How Rude posted:

Also nobody mentioned Nazeebo too much but he is a fantastic solo laner. Voodoo ritual sustain is absurd if you talent for it, or you can play for the lategame and take the double stacking talent. Either way, if you get at least two waves to the enemy wall it's going down very very quickly. Also his damage with spiders is insane.

The only solo laner that Nazeebo has trouble against these days is Zagara and that's because the only way for Nazeebo to reveal Creep Tumors is through his jars. If Toads hit Creep Tumors, Nazeebo would be the strongest solo-laner in the game by an absurd margin.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

No Wave posted:

I grouped with some random people on the /reddit channel for half of my TL placements (discord was empty last night) and got carried for four great games and got ROLLED in the fifth. The score was 1-35, down 5 levels at the end. Idk what happened there, their garrosh just wrecked us over and over. We were Sonya, Valla, Uther, Sylvanas, and Taunt Varian against Garrosh, Nazeebo, Kaelthas, Brightwing, and Ragnaros (on Dragon Shire). Did we lose it in the draft somehow or was it just a bad game? I absolutely sucked that game, and apparently Valla has a rough time on DS.

Really fun time overall though including a great BoE game where we took triple support by accident yet somehow the Artanis carried us by doing 100k hero damage in a 20 minute game (having taken amateur opponent too).

People seem way better about pushing core in TL.

do you happen to remember the channel name? I need to get my last few TL games in for the mount.

edit...

ah, i have seen /reddit use to talk about the entire site before. Sorry about that, and thanks for the hookup on the channel.

badjohny fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 30, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

badjohny posted:

do you happen to remember the channel name? I need to get my last few TL games in for the mount.
It's "/reddit"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Power Bottom posted:

The only solo laner that Nazeebo has trouble against these days is Zagara and that's because the only way for Nazeebo to reveal Creep Tumors is through his jars. If Toads hit Creep Tumors, Nazeebo would be the strongest solo-laner in the game by an absurd margin.

Does zombie wall not pop them?

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Toshimo posted:

Does zombie wall not pop them?

No, unless they're revealed. Zombie wall only hits targetable enemies.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

badjohny posted:

edit...

ah, i have seen /reddit use to talk about the entire site before. Sorry about that, and thanks for the hookup on the channel.

I try /join sagoons, /join teamleague and /join team league

I almost never have to go to a reddit channel for TL teammates, but you do you.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
/join Sagoons is the best channel you'll ever use. Join the Discord and you'll be able to get groups easily with pretty decent people, with voice chat.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

TL is really fun. Getting a party together sucks but I can see why the mode is pushed so hard by blizz.

Aaod
May 29, 2004

No Wave posted:

In general you want to pop that web quickly.

I admit I get a little too annoyed by strong point-and-click abilities (living bomb, cocoon, and bone prison especially) compared to even trivially easy skillshots like Disintegrate. Though they really should exist to make smaller hitboxes not such an important advantage.

I know this was pages ago but trying to land skill shots on tracer is an exercise in frustration not just because she blinks but because her hitbox is miniscule. If not for Zarya I would argue every single Overwatch hero they added was a bad decision or at the very least poorly implemented and thought out.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

D Va is great. Such a weird hero, so much fun, only really obnoxious on brexit holdout where she can clear 2/3rds of a wave immediately.

I don't think Zarya's energy mechanic translated that well tbh, having a high charge isn't that exciting.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 31, 2017

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

No Wave posted:

D Va is great. Such a weird hero, so much fun, only really obnoxious on brexit holdout where she can clear 2/3rds of a wave immediately.

I don't think Zarya's energy mechanic translated that well tbh, having a high charge isn't that exciting.

I played a ton of DVA when she was released and had a great time bullying the hell of people, but i haven't played her since her last round of nerfs. I think the turning point for me was when an abba accidently cloned me and it made me laugh, because dva without her mech explosion feels like nothing.

I haven't tried out her lvl 16 talent that makes her dash, the other day i fought a dva who took that and lit me up with that and triple laser, really surprised me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't know if she's super viable but she's quite good on Blackheart's Bay because of how that map works.

Otherwise though she's just hilarious to play, whether it's crashing into someone nearly dead to kill them, big shotting someone in fog, slowly rotating around to try to get the optimal bullet spread on minions, or pointlessly tickling towers when you're left alone in lane in QM. And of course self-destruct, what she's best for.