Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

It'd be pretty cool if Labour won

e: Umm. May 25th 1660 Charles II lands at Dover and begins the restoration of the monarchy.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

spectralent posted:

Wait what the gently caress??? This is from today/yesterday??? After Manchester?

Maybe people are feeling that the person who was in charge of the Home office for the past six years and current PM is...Responsible in some manner?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Does anyone have a gif of Corbyn waving his hands around?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Holy shitballs.

This is going to be pretty crushing in a couple of weeks when the Tories win 500 seats.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/NatalieAL24/status/867848763171377152

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Skinty McEdger posted:

My one take away from seeing the army out in London today is that they all look so loving young.

almost like the majority of them join to escape bad home situations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Instead of hope, why not make fun of the Stalinist moderator instead.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Dabir posted:

Does anyone have a gif of Corbyn waving his hands around?

It has been requested already but a Corbyn version of "it's happening" has yet to be produced.

Get on it, people

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

happening: its

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Lab/Dem coalition with prime minister Chukka Umunna revoking Article 50. Absolutely fine with that.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

spectralent posted:

I thought the soviets betrayed spain because they wanted all their gold?

that would be a pretty stupid motive, financially

quote:

The total weapons bill is quite important in assessing whether or not the Spaniards received fair exchange for their gold. The value of the gold sent to Moscow was approximately $518 million. As we have seen, the gold was converted into hard currency and applied toward the purchase of weapons in Russia and other wartime financing in Paris. In 1937 alone, $256 million was transferred from Moscow to the Republic's Eurobank account. 31 Per our estimate above, at least an additional $250 million or more was spent on Soviet arms over the course of the war. If to that $506 million we add at least $70 million and possibly as much as $155 million in loans which were never repaid, it would appear that Moscow could not have turned a monetary profit on the Spanish Civil War. 32

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hoops posted:

Lab/Dem coalition with prime minister Chukka Umunna revoking Article 50. Absolutely fine with that.

Actually it'd be prime minister Corbyn and no lib dumbs

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://capx.co/the-inconvenient-truth-about-corbyn-and-the-ira-2016/

Does anyone have any decent articles that counter this nonsense about Corbyn being an IRA sympathiser/traitor.?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
There's a wonderful stalinist poster from the civil war which depicts an anarchist militiaman with his face being ripped off, revealing a swastika daubed monstrous demon face underneath. Now, when I need it most, I can't find it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hoops posted:

Im having a panic attack

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

willie_dee posted:

Does anyone have any decent articles that counter this nonsense about Corbyn being an IRA sympathiser/traitor.?

The fact that irl he was right and the troubles only ended when the ira and the gov't sat down and had a chat

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Namtab posted:

I loving hate the meme guy more than the racists

;_;

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Holy Crap. A 5 point gap, and the best vote share for Labour since 2001.

According to electoral calculus, Labour would gain one seat, and the Tories would gain 7. Con majority 26.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

sebzilla posted:

Holy shitballs.

This is going to be pretty crushing in a couple of weeks when the Tories win 500 seats.

no shut up shut up this is going to be 100% different from the last ten times polling underestimated the rightwing-shithead contingent shut up shut up shutttttuuhhhhhhhh oh god

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Namtab posted:

The fact that irl he was right and the troubles only ended when the ira and the gov't sat down and had a chat

Was the Good Friday agreement the only worthwhile thing Blair did?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

It has been requested already but a Corbyn version of "it's happening" has yet to be produced.

Get on it, people

I've researched google GIS and this was the result

More like train completely happening

Tortuga fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 25, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

poo poo just got real
https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/867848883774173184

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Oberleutnant posted:

There's a wonderful stalinist poster from the civil war which depicts an anarchist militiaman with his face being ripped off, revealing a swastika daubed monstrous demon face underneath. Now, when I need it most, I can't find it.

i'm looking for it now and have come to the conclusion old propaganda posters are extremely bad rear end

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

ukle posted:

gently caress

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/867848021182173185

5 Points in it. Fieldwork done today and yesterday.

Congrats to TinTower and the Lib Dems on a successful #fightback.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

willie_dee posted:

It's an article from capx. It refutes itself.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

quote:

CapX was founded to make the case for popular capitalism: now more than ever, it is vital that the case is made for markets, innovation and competition, and for policies that deliver for the masses as well as the elites.

To that end, our team monitors thousands of news sources, blogs, academic papers and think tank publications to find the day’s most interesting ideas and most important facts and trends. We also commission opinion and analysis pieces by leading experts – though the views contained in any such article are entirely the author’s own.

CapX is edited by Robert Colvile, former head of comment at the Telegraph and author of the critically acclaimed book ‘The Great Acceleration: How the World is Getting Faster, Faster’. The team is based in our London office (57 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3QL), but retains a global focus.

You can follow us on Twitter and Facebook, or get in touch if you want to contact our team.

CapX is grateful for the generous support of all our sponsors, including the Templeton Religion Trust and the Rising Tide Foundation. CapX is owned and produced by the Centre for Policy Studies in London.

I'm sure this blog has a neutral pov

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Gonzo McFee posted:

Maybe people are feeling that the person who was in charge of the Home office for the past six years and current PM is...Responsible in some manner?

I'm legit kind of confused because my assumptions about the electorate's intelligence have plummeted since I've started canvassing. I guess having to explain about ten times to the same woman that UKIP aren't standing does that.

sebzilla posted:

Holy shitballs.

A lot could happen in a few weeks, but, god. Maybe we can at least hope that this proves a left-wing vision for the country is workable and we can have serious left wing candidates instead of designated joke spots.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

that corbyn favorability rating shoot-up is insane, i'm calling it now someone copied the wrong formula in Excel and that's actually the approval rate of biscuits or something

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Imagine if the Labour right hadn't spent the last two years briefing the press with negative stories about Corbyn and tried to do a coup. We could have had this resurgence years ago.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Was the Good Friday agreement the only worthwhile thing Blair did?

No, there were a lot of decent things Blair did. The problem was that he was a warmonger and, as a populist centrist didn't really do enough to combat the worst excesses of capitalism/the financial sector.

Stop posting alt-right things, even ironically. Please also support antifa, as opposed to fa

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/867852044710948865

Dang.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Gonzo McFee posted:

Imagine if the Labour right hadn't spent the last two years briefing the press with negative stories about Corbyn and tried to do a coup. We could have had this resurgence years ago.

The flip side of this is that if Labour were polling well, May might have never called the election in the first place.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

now lets not get carried away, polls are just polls and the only thing that matters is what happens on the day itself but still: lol jezza you absolute madman

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Lol look at the percentages on those "anti terror" proposals

"Yes, introducing the death penalty will deter terrorist attacks" says an idiot days after a suicide bombing

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Get on it, people

All we need:

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Namtab posted:

No, there were a lot of decent things Blair did. The problem was that he was a warmonger and, as a populist centrist didn't really do enough to combat the worst excesses of capitalism/the financial sector.

Stop posting alt-right things, even ironically. Please also support antifa, as opposed to fa

I can meet you on the first point, on the second point I'd rather just shitpost on the internet and eat Jacobs Cheddar Biscuits and Maoam Pinballs

Intrinsic Field Marshal fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 25, 2017

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

this country just can't stop itself from jacking off over the death penalty can it

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Introduce death penalty... to stop suicide bombers? Is this a parody poll or a parody of a country?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

spectralent posted:

I'm legit kind of confused because my assumptions about the electorate's intelligence have plummeted since I've started canvassing. I guess having to explain about ten times to the same woman that UKIP aren't standing does that.

"Theresa May cut 19,000 police" is big, simple and easy to understand. Especially after an attack that didn't get prevented because a man reported by his own family and friends five time managed to slip through the cracks. Especially when May has staked her entire claim on the phrase "Strong and Stable".

Eventually your gently caress ups are too big and obvious to be hidden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Lol look at the percentages on those "anti terror" proposals

"Yes, introducing the death penalty will deter terrorist attacks" says an idiot days after a suicide bombing

The idea that the death penalty is going to stop terrorism.

• Locked thread