Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I'd rather have your luck than my 4 dukes and 1 VoL from his banner.

wow "4 dukes" should be a trigger for suicide watch hotlines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

but youre always reminded of that hit song by the spin doctors, how could you be sad with four dukes

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
So, chasing Cloud netted me Duke(lol), Wilhelm (!!!), Elfreeda (cool), and Prishe #2.

Wilhelm has been one of my sought after units so I will definitely accept that as a consolation prize. Any word on how 7* Prishe is? Assuming she exists, of course.

Also, is doublehand only worth going all in on if you possess 2 elfreeda’s and a cloud?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I am under that impression based on the fact that otherwise how the hell will you compete with 1200atk+ DWers, as you must, to be a good unit now, not just compete but dust 'em I guess

I'd still love even just one of Elf's, that thing is dope

put it on my Olive tomorrow if I could

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
SDFina is rated 1 point higher than DFina. I guess because she’s water and Tidus is good? And they’re right around/just under the currently 6* max top tier units.

Prishe is a couple point higher than SDFina and she gets a lot of numbers, nothing particularly amazing. I think her biggest downside is that she still has ramp up time.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

new kind of cat posted:

Also, is doublehand only worth going all in on if you possess 2 elfreeda’s and a cloud?

Doublehand is worth it when it results in more damage than dual wield. It sounds obvious and trite, but that's it, period. Doublehand was mostly garbage before now, unless you had one of a few characters, and it's still mostly garbage unless you have some number of a few more characters.

Olive has 125% innate doublehand if she's using Sparky. Add a doublehand materia (which you prob already have, if you have Olive) and that's 175%. Add a single Elfreeda TM and you're at 225% equipment attack. Stack on desch's earring and 3 materia of your choice and a black cowl and your equipment attack is 233. That means your doublehand materia alone is adding 116 attack, which is better than 60% attack.

Nothing has really changed as far as doublehand goes. The characters who want to use it will have it innately to some degree, and how well they'll stack up vs other options depends on how many options you have for building them.

I actually wanted a cloud rather than an elfreeda for my demon rain, for example, not because cloud's TM is better, but because it's a materia, which lets me roll 2 pirate jake rings or 2 bracers, as I need, for more extra tanking than I can get from most materia.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ugato posted:

SDFina is rated 1 point higher than DFina. I guess because she’s water and Tidus is good? And they’re right around/just under the currently 6* max top tier units.

Prishe is a couple point higher than SDFina and she gets a lot of numbers, nothing particularly amazing. I think her biggest downside is that she still has ramp up time.

she gets a 70% water resistance aoe buff, and an enchancement to physical fall that makes it a 45% aoe fullbreak.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

new kind of cat posted:

Well, the short of it is that Cloud and Elfreeda's TMRs are just the first part of the DH meta. We still aren't quite there yet in terms of units/enhancements. For now, DW units will keep being the dominating meta while DH units will be a "fun" addition to your teams for demolishing events or doing weird anti-dodgetank poo poo in Arena.

For trials, the case is currently that two DW chainers > two DH chainers >>> two DH non-chainers. It's better than the previous case of two DW chainers >>>>> two DH whatevers, but still just not quite there yet..

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
So can a well-built cloud oneshot aigaion if say I had two tiduses chaining on the body?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Uh, this banner likes me. Did another 11 and got a second Cloud and a third Elfreeda. :stare:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Echophonic posted:

Uh, this banner likes me. Did another 11 and got a second Cloud and a third Elfreeda. :stare:

Keep drawing then. And while you're at it, can you tell me what the next lottery numbers are?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

one weird thing about doublehand is that with the way waylay works, dh is actually the bext xon build. not that "the best xon build" is a thing that REALLY means anything but i guess if you want to maximize your xox parties its worth slapping on him. taking him and pirate jake to do anything is a lot of dead weight so i get a decent amount of mileage out of it for whatever that is worth.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

one weird thing about doublehand is that with the way waylay works, dh is actually the bext xon build. not that "the best xon build" is a thing that REALLY means anything but i guess if you want to maximize your xox parties its worth slapping on him. taking him and pirate jake to do anything is a lot of dead weight so i get a decent amount of mileage out of it for whatever that is worth.

I just put Pilfer on Pirate Jake, it's worth getting random 70% - 100% to just not waste two party slots. (course that only works on single bosses like the raid.)

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Decided to throw out one more 10+1:

gently caress. Yes.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hamsystem posted:

Decided to throw out one more 10+1:

gently caress. Yes.

Something shady going on there with the reception. You lag switching bro?

(Nice pull)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
My Wilhelm is nearly complete. one more Patriotic Recall to replace Resentment (which will put him at 777 DEF)

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Dana Crysalis posted:

My Wilhelm is nearly complete. one more Patriotic Recall to replace Resentment (which will put him at 777 DEF)

I’ll try to use this this weekend but I’m not sure if we’re friends on ffbe. I need a Wilhelm to get punched by Aigaion.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Something shady going on there with the reception. You lag switching bro?

(Nice pull)

Nah man, totally legit...:ninja:

Spent the small fortune required to get her fully enhanced sans Ultima. Now to kill that plant for reals this time.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hamsystem posted:

Nah man, totally legit...:ninja:

Spent the small fortune required to get her fully enhanced sans Ultima. Now to kill that plant for reals this time.

I can throw up a pretty decently geared TT with good dark resist and ribbon if you need her.

Build - 80% dark resist, 1133 MAG, 5759 HP, ribbon.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I can throw up a pretty decently geared TT with good dark resist and ribbon if you need her.

Build - 80% dark resist, 1133 MAG, 5759 HP, ribbon.

That'd be great, thanks. She won't the need the ribbon, I have an enhanced Marie covering that.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i basically immediately enhanced marie and my "oh i guess i will have to wait to pull a good mage to get bahamut" immediately turned in to, "oh i guess mystea survives tanking megaflare now and a friend t.terra can just kill bahamut over the course of a few turns"

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ugato posted:

I’ll try to use this this weekend but I’m not sure if we’re friends on ffbe. I need a Wilhelm to get punched by Aigaion.

I've got room, just send a request: 472211176

e: if that was you with the GLS, might I recommend this friend for taking on Malboro? (I can put her up whenever) She is missing paralyze/petrify resist, but since she can self-buff those, I dunno if it's worth the MAG drop to equip a ribbon.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 19, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hamsystem posted:

That'd be great, thanks. She won't the need the ribbon, I have an enhanced Marie covering that.

She’s setup and ready to roll. Good luck.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

She’s setup and ready to roll. Good luck.

Ding dong the bitch is dead (with limit burst kill finally)! Thanks for the assist! I almost hosed up on the next to last turn and forgot to put lovely guard up but thankfully he didn't hit anyone with anything that couldn't be overcome. So glad to be done with it.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hamsystem posted:

Ding dong the bitch is dead (with limit burst kill finally)! Thanks for the assist! I almost hosed up on the next to last turn and forgot to put lovely guard up but thankfully he didn't hit anyone with anything that couldn't be overcome. So glad to be done with it.

Jesus dude, that was fast. Congrats!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Jesus dude, that was fast. Congrats!

That was my third double T.Terra attempt today using a 16 turn guide I found on Reddit. I got close the other two times but just didn't have quite enough firepower to finish it. Was easy peasy the last time.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’m not sure who I should aim for next for getting mage TMs. I might just try and use tterra for Malboro and grab a friend tterra. But I also have GLS and 3(!) Barbariccia. I actually have all the gear for an 1100 mag tterra - just need a dark robe for the additional dark resist I guess. I’m assuming my team would be EV tanking, Ayaka, Marie, VoD (for insanely survivable breaker and support) and TTerra. I might just try that tonight. Only thing that’ll suck is I have no ribbons but does that even matter with enhanced Marie?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Nah, just don't be like me and forget to put lovely guard up at the wrong time. Also, I don't know if VoE has enough mitigation to solo tank it. He may be fine though.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
New Malboro challengers, be careful not to kill too quickly. 2 TTS over 1100 MAG we’re knocking the minis below 10% in 1 round, which caused them to blow up.

A little higher and I could probably kill each round.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7kqaza/winning_malboro_trial_strategy_with_trance_terra

This is the strat I used except I used Wilhelm to tank and Zargabaath instead of Soleil to get the limit burst kill.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Welp, new Christmas mage has a new hex/drain mechanic, I'll give you even odds that it's BUSTED AS ALL HELL.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

hamsystem posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7kqaza/winning_malboro_trial_strategy_with_trance_terra

This is the strat I used except I used Wilhelm to tank and Zargabaath instead of Soleil to get the limit burst kill.

Same page, Zarg buddy.

I killed it 3 times last night.

Once for completion.

Once subbing Zarg n for Ayaka for the LB (which I mistimed).

Once where I got the timing right.

My team was Cag/Mystea/Zarg/Soleil/TT/TT

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Orlandu gets enhancements before aileen and still no ramza. At this point gumi is just loving with us

Also loving gilbert, another bard, gets an exclusive global awakening to 6* because thats what everyone was asking for

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Dec 20, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also loving gilbert, another bard, gets an exclusive global awakening to 6* because thats what everyone was asking for

lol actually I kind of was. He was one of my first rolls and I actually used him for awhile at the very beginning of the game so I have a soft spot for him.

Also yay, Orlandeau and WoL enhancements.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
They also snuck in a secret Lunera enhancement this banner, too. An actual one-handed bow means that she'll be able to rack up 230% SPR from just wielding the bow and an instrument (post-enhancements, which I expect to be next month instead of Ramza's)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im going to flip my poo poo if onion and vod get their enhancements prir to aileen.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I wonder if they're crazy enough to make Christine an ice T.Terra clone. I would burn through all my tickets if they did.

Dana Crysalis posted:

They also snuck in a secret Lunera enhancement this banner, too. An actual one-handed bow means that she'll be able to rack up 230% SPR from just wielding the bow and an instrument (post-enhancements, which I expect to be next month instead of Ramza's)

Is there a 1-handed harp other than Dang. Ariana's mic? My thought was bow+staff is probably an improvement over bow or harp alone if using Lunera as a bard, especially if you have the staff from Sheratan.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PDQ Law posted:

I wonder if they're crazy enough to make Christine an ice T.Terra clone. I would burn through all my tickets if they did.

Is there a 1-handed harp other than Dang. Ariana's mic? My thought was bow+staff is probably an improvement over bow or harp alone if using Lunera as a bard, especially if you have the staff from Sheratan.

Plot Twist: Christine shares frames with Fryevia. (Not really)

Yes, there are multiple one-handed instruments. Rumor has it the Holiday Bell from the new raid is one. EIko's TM is another with massive SPR on it, and the 10-man trial Earth Bell waaaaay down the line is another (and has huuuuge SPR)

Angel Flute (Eiko's TM): ATK+10, MAG+48, SPR+98 HP +10%
Earth Bell: +35 ATK, +46 MAG, +104 SPR, Earth Element, +30% Earth Resists & Para Chance (One-Handed)

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gilbert was my first Rainbow. Ah such fond memories. Thanks for the troll rainbow Fohlen today too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Stacking damage multiplier makes me think that the ice unit is a finisher. Would be great if she had Fry's frames though.

• Locked thread