Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

klosterdev posted:

Whelp, my boss let me know that I'm currently the most experienced SharePoint Online person we have ever since another guy left.

Guess I'm the SharePoint guy now.

Goondolances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

klosterdev posted:

Whelp, my boss let me know that I'm currently the most experienced SharePoint Online person we have ever since another guy left.

Just hope you never have to do anything with their REST API.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

klosterdev posted:

Sounds like a raise is in order.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

klosterdev posted:

Raise or :sever:

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

skipdogg posted:

The no rear end in a top hat thing is a huge deal for me. I'm not, nor will I ever be a hiring manager, but as a Senior I sit in on most of our interviews. You spend 40 hours a week with your co-workers sometimes. I've worked with some truly talented assholes in the past and I will 100% take the person who is not an rear end in a top hat, but maybe isn't as technically strong, over a technically strong rear end in a top hat every single time.

You can teach tech, hell google has 99.5% of the answers to everything we do, and if they don't we have support contracts with vendors. No assholes is very important.

100% same. I had a referral from a trusted friend that I interviewed. In the after-interview internal meeting, I told my boss that I was a hard "no" because I wouldn't trust the interviewee to represent my team to our internal customers. They were loose enough during the interview that it tripped my rear end in a top hat radar, and that was enough to earn my veto.

Zero regrets, even with the hard conversation about their referral failing. I spend too much time with my peers to invite in someone I'm going to hate.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My first meeting with one of my colleagues tripped my rear end in a top hat meter because he said he'd rather move and live in Oklahoma than Austin if he had to leave Houston. Just a dumbshit chud.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

George H.W. oval office posted:

My first meeting with one of my colleagues tripped my rear end in a top hat meter because he said he'd rather move and live in Oklahoma than Austin if he had to leave Houston. Just a dumbshit chud.

What? Why would anyone want to live in Oklahoma?

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Podima posted:

Raise or :sever:

And title change to Lead Engineer / Solution Architect

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

George H.W. oval office posted:

Zil posted:

Oklahoma is just texas except a few degrees colder on average. Same trash state politics, same bad schools, same random nice burbs for rich assholes to escape to. Just much fewer, smaller cities.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I have nowhere else to put this so I'm going to mention that I just realized all the pages on Wikipedia with basically anything to do with England had to be updated from "her majesty's x" to "his majesty's x" and now I'm wondering now many man hours were wasted on that.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Surely there exists an API or something to leverage for this?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I looked and no, it appears to be done by hand instead of a bot.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

KillHour posted:

I looked and no, it appears to be done by hand instead of a bot.

we cannot leave honouring the royals up to a mere robot

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Zil posted:

Where else can you get barley,
Carrots and pertaters
Pasture fer the cattle
Spinach and termayters?

Ooooooooooklahoma!
Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain!

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Microsoft has released updated patches that don't break Kerberos on DC's

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/windows-message-center#2961

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

KillHour posted:

I have nowhere else to put this so I'm going to mention that I just realized all the pages on Wikipedia with basically anything to do with England had to be updated from "her majesty's x" to "his majesty's x" and now I'm wondering now many man hours were wasted on that.

However was responsible did a bulk update to the land registry and typo'd king as kingk

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Love how my coworker with the exact same title, pay and responsibility has decided she's my boss and sets all procedures

Why yes let's reboot five times installing software for no reason besides "that's how xp worked"

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

rebooting is the new ctrl-s

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

every 20-chars or so I'll close everything and reboot

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

She's decided she's going to be a manager soon

She's an "unspoken lead" now :rolleyes:

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
That’s how it works in jungle, being a helpdesk team lead with one report is part of jungle law

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I added hardcore to my LinkedIn skills list. Now we wait.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Twitter seems like it would be extremely your speed

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

i am a moron posted:

Twitter seems like it would be extremely your speed

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

No empty quotes. Ban yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Apparently enough people noped out of hardcore mode that he’s backpedaling again and twitter offices are closed for Friday and all badge access is suspended again.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I never thought a social network dying could be so loving funny

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Rumor is upwards of 75% of those remaining said “nope, I’m done.”

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

In cspam empty quotes are customary, like greeting an old friend

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

bull3964 posted:

Apparently enough people noped out of hardcore mode that he’s backpedaling again and twitter offices are closed for Friday and all badge access is suspended again.

Word is that they're switching to Active Directory integration on the badges, so this is actually kind of necessary. It still makes Musk look like an idiot, for like the 3rd time this week.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

No that's just his face that does that

He's a man forever running from a turned off monitor *takes hit*

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

GreenNight posted:

I have 5 months full pay severance, checks every 2 weeks. I do have to pay Cobra though. I don't have other interviews currently but I have a few recruiters who says there are some solid local opportunities that I'm waiting to hear back on.

The point about working and then taking something else if it comes up isn't a terrible idea, but tough to interview if you're working all day.

Do you have a family? If not, I will be your brother in law/cousin/uncle with a medical emergency that you need to go help with. Let me know when your interview is and I'll call you with an emergency

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

mllaneza posted:

Word is that they're switching to Active Directory integration on the badges, so this is actually kind of necessary. It still makes Musk look like an idiot, for like the 3rd time this week.

Even a first timer does a little planning though. There was another tweet that like 50 employees were stuck in the parking garage because their badges stopped working. A facilities manager was trying to find them a sawzall.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

mllaneza posted:

What the hell did Badges AuthN against originally?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

What the hell did Badges AuthN against originally?

Probably it's own DB. Previous job buildings and grounds had it's own server for badge access with software that didn't do LDAP.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Why on earth would you build your own AuthN Service? That's absolutely insane.

I've seen some F500 Banks do this but that's an extremely unique circumstance.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Why on earth would you build your own AuthN Service? That's absolutely insane.

I've seen some F500 Banks do this but that's an extremely unique circumstance.

Nearly every access control system has the option to do internal authentication. In fact, it's usually the default.

Access control badges predate Active Directory by literally decades.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

KillHour posted:

Nearly every access control system has the option to do internal authentication. In fact, it's usually the default.

Access control badges predate Active Directory by literally decades.

Ah hah, good point but why the sudden rush to put in AD now?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Ah hah, good point but why the sudden rush to put in AD now?

Elon Musk bought a company and therefore he needs to immediately change everything about how they do *gestures wildly*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

How do I get a blue grenade icon