Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
As someone who never really listened to ETID before (this was the first release they've had since I've been into metalcore), White Void might be my favorite song of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

wandler20 posted:

As someone who never really listened to ETID before (this was the first release they've had since I've been into metalcore), White Void might be my favorite song of the year.

I think it’s my favorite song on the album, and one of my favorite songs period.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Yeah I find myself singing it in my head or under my breath a lot. "I got what I came foooorr"

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I do not care for the new converge chelsea wolf thing. Thanks for reading

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

kumba posted:

this is not very good, but it's more interesting than code orange

https://point04.bandcamp.com/releases

Lol it's bouncy. I don't mind it.

Ten seconds in to Planet poo poo, hyped.

End of the song, gently caress YEAH

A Colossal Wreck, loving great.

Desperate Pleasures, also good, but not quite as good as the last.

I just what? ETID has done it again.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 20, 2021

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

el B posted:

Speaking of Protest the Hero, I caught Saytr playing tonight. I totally forgot they had pretty much sampled a PTH riff until I heard them play this song. I've enjoyed everything they've done, but this song bugs me.

https://youtu.be/sX-ZmnD9JdY

Oh man Satyr fuckin rips

https://youtu.be/QNvsMEZqt5Y

Hits all the right notes

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Also haven’t seen this in the last few pages - I need some new bangers for the lifting playlist so what’s y’all’s favorite breakdown of all time?

Right now. For me. Gotta be the end of Malice by Agerasia. Close runner-up is Through Struggle by AILD

https://youtu.be/LU2Bx9uEo6g

I get fuckin violent when that one comes on

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Seeing Dying Wish, Orthodox, Kublai Kahn (TX), and The Acacia Strain tonight AND tomorrow in a tiny venue less than a block from my apartment. Very stoked for that. Might catch SeeYouSpaceCowboy on Saturday. Then flying to Buffalo next week for Tid The Season. My budget is about to get hosed up by PBRs and band tees

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i had two tickets to see TAS this sunday but was flying back from another city bc i double booked and missed it. then i couldn't for the life of me find anyone selling a ticket to the second night. mega bummed. enjoy them, xiii.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

i had two tickets to see TAS this sunday but was flying back from another city bc i double booked and missed it. then i couldn't for the life of me find anyone selling a ticket to the second night. mega bummed. enjoy them, xiii.

Sorry to hear, bud. I'll crowdkill some teens for ya

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Not core and the Spotify wrapped social media sharing is kind of an eyeroll. But this made me laugh pretty drat hard:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Buddy, you and me both

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

saw this on /r/slammetal and giggled

for anyone who gives any kind of poo poo*, here's some of my wrapped

*i care about yours, post what ya got. i think it's interesting

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Hell yeah, that Slope tape is very good

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

ShoogaSlim posted:

saw this on /r/slammetal and giggled

for anyone who gives any kind of poo poo*, here's some of my wrapped

*i care about yours, post what ya got. i think it's interesting

every time i die was my #2 as well :hfive:

(my #1 is taylor swift and has been since they started doing wrapped in 2016)

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I too am a fan of Bo's last 3 specials/albums.

(I don't use Spotify, no stats for me)

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Ya, I'm still waiting on YTM to lemme know what lovely music I've listened to the most this year. I'll post up once I know

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Gone Fashing posted:

every time i die was my #2 as well :hfive:

(my #1 is taylor swift and has been since they started doing wrapped in 2016)

Taylor fell from number 2 to 3 this year for me :smith:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Bo Burnham is basically a genius and i'll fight anyone who disagrees. Inside is transformative, and his other specials are masterpieces.

for anyone who might care about knowing their music stats, you can create a free last.fm account and install a browser plugin/phone app where it'll track what you listen to regardless of what service you use. spotify's algo is pretty biased i think anyway

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I'm old. I generally listen to an album a time or two on Bandcamp or YouTube, but then I buy a physical cd (when they exist, some bands don't bother), download it into my meticulously organized mp3 library that's been growing for 15+ years, and mostly listen with foobar2000.

I used to use Google play, and sync my library to it and listen with my browser and the phone app when driving, but they shut it down :(.

At least Bandcamp has high quality mp3 downloads, but every now again I still have to rip them myself. Don't fret, my EAC setup is good and has the log files :D. Oddly enough, I had to rip Radical myself. The Amazon cd didn't include the mp3s.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Just saw that Keith is taking a hiatus from etid because of his mental health. Hope he’s alright.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

xZAOx posted:

I'm old. I generally listen to an album a time or two on Bandcamp or YouTube, but then I buy a physical cd (when they exist, some bands don't bother), download it into my meticulously organized mp3 library that's been growing for 15+ years, and mostly listen with foobar2000.

I used to use Google play, and sync my library to it and listen with my browser and the phone app when driving, but they shut it down :(.

At least Bandcamp has high quality mp3 downloads, but every now again I still have to rip them myself. Don't fret, my EAC setup is good and has the log files :D. Oddly enough, I had to rip Radical myself. The Amazon cd didn't include the mp3s.

Setting up a Plex server is pretty simple, especially if you're just gonna use it for music. That's what I did when Google Music went dark

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Just saw that Keith is taking a hiatus from etid because of his mental health. Hope he’s alright.

Hope he's alright as well. Were they still on tour? Because Andy tore his bicep a few weeks ago in a wrestling match.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Hope he's alright as well. Were they still on tour? Because Andy tore his bicep a few weeks ago in a wrestling match.

Yeah, they've still got three more shows before Tid The Season. Looks like they're still playing them, just sans Keith.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Setting up a Plex server is pretty simple, especially if you're just gonna use it for music. That's what I did when Google Music went dark

Oh I've had plex setup for forever! I didn't even think of hooking it up to my music library. I just thought of it as video. Thanks!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

XIII posted:

Yeah, they've still got three more shows before Tid The Season. Looks like they're still playing them, just sans Keith.

They also seem to be inviting fans to take his place on stage.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

oh boy this doesn't sound like it's gonna be great
https://twitter.com/deathoftheparty/status/1466831942607851537?s=20

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What the hell Jordan?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Yeah, this doesn't seem like a little temporary thing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The follow up feels like it's missing something. They were gonna boot him because he won't party with them?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I mean it kind of sounds like that yeah, which is both pretty lovely and not incredibly surprising (like, not for ETID specifically, just for touring bands in general)

e: obviously it's probably deeper than "won't party with them" but it seems like he was isolating himself from them pretty significantly and they weren't really being super-understanding,
"traveling separately, away from alcohol and the behaviors of those who choose to drink"

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Unbelievably common occurrence for someone to get sober and have others resent it when it forces them to face their own problems as a result.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/deathoftheparty/status/1466837342296186885?s=20

gently caress

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Weirdly this makes me better understand his terrible Seinfeld take from a few weeks ago.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

it feels so strange to read about this drama on twitter. like, i assumed etid was always pretty tight knit and, especially since two of them are family, you'd expect them to keep this poo poo out of the public image.

regardless of what happens with the band, this is gonna be a stain on their "legacy" forever, which is a bummer.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I mean it seems the last straw was the band deciding to play shows without him, which IMO warrants a response, at least

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

this just makes me really sad. gently caress.

they just released the best record of their careers. ETID without Keith isn't a real loving thing. what the gently caress is going on.

:(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ShoogaSlim posted:

it feels so strange to read about this drama on twitter. like, i assumed etid was always pretty tight knit and, especially since two of them are family, you'd expect them to keep this poo poo out of the public image.

regardless of what happens with the band, this is gonna be a stain on their "legacy" forever, which is a bummer.

Yeah, I do want to hear what the rest of the band has to say about it but I don't really see how this isn't the end of them.

Wamsutta posted:

ETID without Keith isn't a real loving thing.

Even if they were to try to carry on without him I have zero interest in hearing anybody else sing a lot of my favorite tracks so yeah.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 3, 2021

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
Yeah if he's not on the stage I'm not going to see them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, I do want to hear what the rest of the band has to say about it but I don't really see how this isn't the end of them.

You may be right but drat what a shame that would be, such an undignified ending for a monumental band. I just hope they can get whatever issues they have sorted out, they've always seemed like some of the most genuine guys in metal/hardcore/whatever. The armchair psychologists on reddit are already diagnosing Keith with bpd and I'm definitely not trying to jump to any of those sort of conclusions but it really does seem out-of-character for him to be spilling that kind of tea on Twitter. Hope he can get through whatever's going on, regardless of what it means for the future of the band (I will be bummed if I don't get to see any of Radical live but if that's what it takes for him to be healthy & happy then :shrug:).