Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If that's true that's really cool and will make raiding a lot less miserable.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

Are instances going to be able to be controlled? Like if you bring in a raid full of 50 people, it will automatically spawn a new instance for you?

From what I've gathered in /gu, you can hail the squiddy guys outside the instance and it will spawn an instance and give anyone in the group an automatic 2 day lockout timer. Anyone who joins the instance will gain the same timer. Once a boss is killed, the timer goes to 6.5 days.

So if you have 50 or 70 people or whatever the max is, you spawn the instance and roll out. If you have more, you split raid and open two instances. There's a minimum required for the hail guys to spawn an instance, I believe it's a full group.

This should encourage instancing of /pick zones like planes for single group gear farming, while maintaining lockouts for raid targets.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

Hoohah posted:

It is I. I'm playing Zelas (enchanter) and Serri (cleric) but anyone in the guild can invite right now. We need bodies, play the class you want to play.

Guild Plug
Echoes of Elysium did classic till secrets of faydwer on Vulak, then secrets to house of thule on Fippy, including the unlock kills for Underfoot and the first half of House of Thule. There wasn't really a set intention to redo the guild on Phinigel, but once Damdor started playing and we started gabbing with some of the core from EoE, The EoE was remade. We intend to raid, but every single officer (myself included) has stated that the poopsocking will not be happening, unless we have a force online to grab the daily respawns on bosses and we can confidently win the race. There's no application stuff necessary right now, just hit up Damdor, Hamshire, Selan/Sesrak, Rhaok, or myself (Zelas/Serri) if you have questions, and if you want to join, ask almost anyone. We're just relaxing and leveling right now, and generally bullshit around on TS. You can check https://www.echoesofelysium.com and look through the news for the cavalcade of our previous achievements. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I7K1hX1kqI is recommended viewing (yes, it's a downfall parody, but even Damdor laughs his rear end off at it, and he's nothing like that anymore).

Please don't join if you have a thin skin or can't handle people being offensive in TS. You can always mute them. I'm not sure what the 'plans' to make the raiding force are, at the moment it sounds like we simply want numbers.

Hahaha I think yourecruited me last night through ooc. Did not realize it was a goon snapping me up. That makes my choice of saying yes even better. Char name is Karala btw.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

koreban posted:

E-peen and a chance at double loots per week. With a 90 day window between expansions, maximizing gear distribution is the best way to ensure competitiveness come the next opening. It's basically MAXXXXXIMUMPOOPSOCKING! which really, really only matters to AS/TL. Who, incidently, are being the most brash and annoying about "being first" at it.

I suppose that that makes a certain amount of perverse sense... if you're a total twat. (Not you, koreban, them)

I'll ask again... does anyone have a single Krono that I can buy for cheap? I'd like to give this a try during the winter break as I have gently caress all else going on and I would like to have a go before AA is introduced and ruins everything. I'm really sad that they nerfed the rate of general experience gain and didn't include fast regen mode. <sigh>

I'm probably going to play a cleric since enchanters are apparently a dime a dozen and clerics are always in demand, but if anyone wants me to play another relatively uncommon class like warrior or bard, I can dig it.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm all in favour of not poopsocking, but I feel compelled to ask again... why would that for a moment be necessary on a server with instanced raid targets? The only thing that I can think of would be perhaps certain epic mobs, but those aren't out yet. I'm starting to think that I don't understand something about instancing on this server. Perhaps it's more limited than I think.

Because the base instances also pop the same targets, and they're on a massively accelerated schedule. Phinny pops every 4 hours, nagafen/vox daily, Trakanon will be daily with a window, etc.

We will not be fighting Gangstercitizen or Asylum of Zerker's Loot Fiesta or MIM for those targets by having people sit around ready to engage in the window. We're just not doing it this time, and thank loving god for it.

Apze
Jul 4, 2014

koreban posted:

E-peen and a chance at double loots per week. With a 90 day window between expansions, maximizing gear distribution is the best way to ensure competitiveness come the next opening. It's basically MAXXXXXIMUMPOOPSOCKING! which really, really only matters to AS/TL. Who, incidently, are being the most brash and annoying about "being first" at it.

It's not double loot per week, its closer to 4-5x the loot per week. or in the case of trakanon, getting completely VP keyed in the first week versus 6 weeks in.

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
Sounds like I need to take more days off work so I can hit 50 faster.

I'll hit someone up in EoE when I play next too. Guess that is now the unofficial goon guild?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I joined a guild called Broken Wave last night, but if goons are going to EoE I wouldn't mind joining as well

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 17, 2015

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
Not sure how common selling Kronos is, but if anybody has a few they want to get rid of I will buy them off of you. PayPal, newegg gift cards, Burger King coupons, whatever you want. Just let me know.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Hoohah posted:

Because the base instances also pop the same targets, and they're on a massively accelerated schedule. Phinny pops every 4 hours, nagafen/vox daily, Trakanon will be daily with a window, etc.

We will not be fighting Gangstercitizen or Asylum of Zerker's Loot Fiesta or MIM for those targets by having people sit around ready to engage in the window. We're just not doing it this time, and thank loving god for it.

I didn't know about the massive acceleration part. I'm in gangstercitizen and no one's brought it up in the ~3.5 days of /played I've logged thus far. We're all just being super not-caring about it until we've got critical mass of people and can start split raiding the dragons.

Hell, half the guild is off until Thursday or Friday because Fippy raiding is still a priority.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's honestly pathetic how much I love this lovely game.

Dinged level 19 on my bard last night and I felt like I actually accomplished something.

What is wrong with me?

Edit: Also, thanks for getting me into EoE, Hoohah. Looks like I am the highest level bard in the guild, so that's cool. Looking forward to raiding when the time comes!

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

RCarr posted:

It's honestly pathetic how much I love this lovely game.

Dinged level 19 on my bard last night and I felt like I actually accomplished something.

What is wrong with me?

Edit: Also, thanks for getting me into EoE, Hoohah. Looks like I am the highest level bard in the guild, so that's cool. Looking forward to raiding when the time comes!

I'm right there with you. I'm only a 16 bard but I got into a runny eye group fighting other people for fungus spawns to the point where we said lets just try the basement and ended up killing a few named along with lord pick axe himself and I was able to pick up a black alloy long sword, bunch of the black armor, the SK got a BABs, and somebody got a grotesque mask. All this when the highest person in the group was only level 18. No other MMO has been able to replicate that feeling of accomplishment and I've played a poo poo ton of them. Definitely going to stick with this server for awhile and hopefully find a raiding guild that does stuff around my weird play hours.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Double XP weekend, progression servers included.

Runs Saturday from 10am PST to Tuesday, 11:59am PST.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
So I mean how is the downtime in this? Is there still just a ton of sitting around waiting for health/mana to come back and not actually fighting anything?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Depends on how poorly you play and where you farm. Harder stuff means more effort and more mana spent but if you stick to whites/yellows in a group unless your healer is a moron it's chain pulls. Unfortunately a lot of healers just loving LOVE to buff everyone even though they don't need it and spend more time medding than needed. No Mr. Cleric, the wizard that only nukes at 30% to get a mob death marching doesn't need hp buffs, knock it off so we don't have to wait for your rear end to med. :argh:

Almost as annoying as druids/mages that don't DS the tank.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

boho posted:

Double XP weekend, progression servers included.

Runs Saturday from 10am PST to Tuesday, 11:59am PST.

Welp, gently caress the work christmas party.

Edit: Befallen is a real pain in the dick for an ogre/troll box. Half way to Shrink at least.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 19, 2015

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Republicans posted:

Welp, gently caress the work christmas party.

Edit: Befallen is a real pain in the dick for an ogre/troll box. Half way to Shrink at least.

And her I was going to complain mine was Thursday night!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Anybody on Phinny selling banded armor or black alloy arrmor? Also looking for a Dragoon Dirk or equivalent dmg piercer. I am only level 6.5 and could use a group for leveling as well (not looking for power-leveling, just a decent group where I can get decent xp for a while). Killing blues without dual wield or even double attack SUCKS!

Edit: Level 6.5 gnome rogue named Ratcatcher, any help appreciated. I have cash to pay, like I said, I'm not looking for handouts.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 19, 2015

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Feels like there is an over abundance of healers now. At least for non res healers. Shaman and druid group spots are pretty cramped right now. I'm on day 3 of no groups at all while advertising and /LFG. 35 sucks. About to pack it in and reroll tank.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DerekSmartymans posted:

Anybody on Phinny selling banded armor or black alloy arrmor? Also looking for a Dragoon Dirk or equivalent dmg piercer. I am only level 6.5 and could use a group for leveling as well (not looking for power-leveling, just a decent group where I can get decent xp for a while). Killing blues without dual wield or even double attack SUCKS!

Edit: Level 6.5 gnome rogue named Ratcatcher, any help appreciated. I have cash to pay, like I said, I'm not looking for handouts.

I have a set of small banded armor I can give you. Name is Threesix. I'll be on a lot this weekend.

Hit 22 on the Bard last night. I can't believe I've never played this class. It's stupid fun. I'm splitting rooms of red cons, tanking reds cons, and keeping 3-4 red cons mezzed, all at the same time, without breaking a sweat.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 19, 2015

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Double exp weekend including progression servers.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Normal exp enabled on Phinny. Go go go.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I'm on Phinigel now as Burble, gnome cleric.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
This is good exp.......if you're not afraid to declare martial law and take every spawn you can in lower guk regardless of camp.

36-44 so far. My socks are full.

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
Yeah I got threatened with suspension by some angry players earlier when I stole their pulls with charm. It was great. I went 16-19 in about 3 hours. Sounds like the rate you had was really similar, does it not slow down as much as RF past 30?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just finished the 40-46 grind. The sock-pooping is just beginning.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
49 is a beast. Holy poo poo.

Evor 3
Feb 19, 2010

Givin posted:

49 is a beast. Holy poo poo.

Just for authenticity hell levels are back!

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
45 through 50 sucked on RF because all you really have to kill is oot goblins, so you just sit there for hours and hours

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

darkhand posted:

45 through 50 sucked on RF because all you really have to kill is oot goblins, so you just sit there for hours and hours

We ran it last night with a charmed allizewsaur. With 2 pullers it was really good exp. we estimated 3-3.5 hours for our guy to go from 49-50.

Without 2x exp, this would have been miserable.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Got to effectively max on both characters, then saw that Damdor was starting to make moves to go back on his entire plan of 'do casual raiding' and realized what the end goal/game would be like, and I just can't do it on this server.

Have fun goons, don't let my disgruntlement keep you from being in EoE, the core is really good people they just want to do things a lot different than I was expecting.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don't understand. You want them to be more hardcore raiders? Isn't classic raiding basically pretty simple and repetitive? (Have never really raided classic before) I image you'd have all the best gear pretty quickly with instances.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

RCarr posted:

I don't understand. You want them to be more hardcore raiders? Isn't classic raiding basically pretty simple and repetitive? (Have never really raided classic before) I image you'd have all the best gear pretty quickly with instances.

No, I wanted us to relax and take our time doing things. Damdor ostensibly agreed at first, but this past weekend he became fanatical for killing Phinigel, killing dragons, kill plane of hate, killing Kith dark elves, clearing fire giants and etc. He was starting to discuss the idea of grabbing randoms from other guilds to kill dragons and I realized that he simply cannot ungrasp this game at all, and will shout down anyone's attempts to do so. I already dealt with that for a year or two in the Vulak/Fippy EoE, I'm not willing to deal with it this time.

The 7 day lockout on everything is also too much, and I realized for months in Classic, Kunark, and Velious, it would be sitting on random spawns in xp zones trying to get items and I just don't see having any fun with it.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just going to put it out there but CitiGangster is doing more of the casual thing right now. We have so many people that showing up once a week on raid nights to hit scheduled instance targets would be trivial. There's no need to go balls deep in batphones. I know I won't be.

We're also not beating the wardrums for targets. We've been told not to take the 2 day lockout instances because of scheduled raids and that we're going to start looking on targets on Tuesday. That's it, really. Everyone's having fun doing exp and trade skills.

Just for consideration.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Guh, finally found something that instantly pisses me off about leveling. The goddamn faction controlled areas between dungeons. Got wrecked in HPH tonight and getting off the boat in Butcherblock. Man I didn't miss that bullshit.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

For prayerless, this is what the multibind setup on my druid looks like

It's like pushing all of those buttons on the hotbar in order, at once. The highest available one gets used, if all the spells are down, then the AAs in that social get used.

You can also bind a bunch of spell gems to the same key under the Spell Casting tab. But the hotbar method is more flexible to changing which spells are in your multibind and what order to cast them. On some raids I just have Dicho(#1) and Remote(#4) in my dps multibind, and everything else is replaced by debuffs and buffs. So I don't have to de-mem the long reuse spells, I just move them around on that hotbar and remove the non-dps buttons from that bar.

I also have another hotbar for my heal multibind, but that's only 3 gems and a blank.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Dec 21, 2015

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
When I learned about multibinding it completely changed how I played and I became an immensely better paladin. I have a multibind for all my agro spells, and one for my reflect-heal spells. The speed at which you can mash that, and hit AAs in between each cast, is enormous compared to otherwise. I can't believe I was even guilded not knowing about them. I was still using in game macros and I can't imagine using them for anything important again.

Emergent gameplay, in Everquest of all places.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

koreban posted:

Just going to put it out there but CitiGangster is doing more of the casual thing right now. We have so many people that showing up once a week on raid nights to hit scheduled instance targets would be trivial. There's no need to go balls deep in batphones. I know I won't be.

We're also not beating the wardrums for targets. We've been told not to take the 2 day lockout instances because of scheduled raids and that we're going to start looking on targets on Tuesday. That's it, really. Everyone's having fun doing exp and trade skills.

Just for consideration.

I've grouped with more OGC that I have my own guild. (MiM)

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Node posted:

When I learned about multibinding it completely changed how I played and I became an immensely better paladin. I have a multibind for all my agro spells, and one for my reflect-heal spells. The speed at which you can mash that, and hit AAs in between each cast, is enormous compared to otherwise. I can't believe I was even guilded not knowing about them. I was still using in game macros and I can't imagine using them for anything important again.

Emergent gameplay, in Everquest of all places.
I've known about it for ages (good for skilling up Disarm and poo poo like that when grinding), but only recently got the hint on the official forums that multibinding for regular DPS'ing is in fashion, when some people were asking for the latest optimal multibinds for monks (which I main).

I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to stuff like this, but I guess I should really use it for the random low-challenge XP grinding and old-content grinding I'm doing. You can always revert to using specific hotkeys if you want to optimize DPS on a named, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

jetz0r posted:

For prayerless, this is what the multibind setup on my druid looks like

It's like pushing all of those buttons on the hotbar in order, at once. The highest available one gets used, if all the spells are down, then the AAs in that social get used.

You can also bind a bunch of spell gems to the same key under the Spell Casting tab. But the hotbar method is more flexible to changing which spells are in your multibind and what order to cast them. On some raids I just have Dicho(#1) and Remote(#4) in my dps multibind, and everything else is replaced by debuffs and buffs. So I don't have to de-mem the long reuse spells, I just move them around on that hotbar and remove the non-dps buttons from that bar.

I also have another hotbar for my heal multibind, but that's only 3 gems and a blank.

Forgive me for being ignorant. But.. Multibind? Was this a thing in 99-05? Please explain how this is done :). I am at work so I cant hit your image on pc. And do not want to know enough to chew up my data plan on the phone.

And is it usefull for SK?