Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

PureRok posted:

I don't get recording blocking. People who want to record cutscenes are going to do it whether it's blocked on the console or not. I mean, people have been recording their games long before the consoles offered the ability to do so.

It's pretty much annoying just to be annoying it feels like. All it does is make outside capture look more attractive.

Also catching up on the thread some, gotta admit I'm a bit excited to see how the Attack on Titan game goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't know if there's any truth to it but a fellow Warriors enthusiast recently was telling me that the recording/streaming blocks are due to some kind of weird contract stipulation or licensing thing with the Japanese voice actors rather than TK just deciding that they don't want stuff recorded or streamed.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jibo posted:

I don't know if there's any truth to it but a fellow Warriors enthusiast recently was telling me that the recording/streaming blocks are due to some kind of weird contract stipulation or licensing thing with the Japanese voice actors rather than TK just deciding that they don't want stuff recorded or streamed.

It probably is, and I could be wrong (I never tried recording stuff in a non stream environment on Touikden or SW4) but One Piece seems to keep audio intact when recording unlike their other titles so I guess blocking all the cutscenes and poo poo is a compromise. At that point I'd rather just be audioless though honestly.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Jibo posted:

Yeah, a lot of VA's have contracts that forbid foreign license for some reason.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'd like to play One Piece Pirate Warriors at some point, but I'm way behind on the series (I'm watching the Alabasta arc right now for those of you who know the anime) and don't wanna get spoiled. Could someone please tell me what arcs each game covers?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'd like to play One Piece Pirate Warriors at some point, but I'm way behind on the series (I'm watching the Alabasta arc right now for those of you who know the anime) and don't wanna get spoiled. Could someone please tell me what arcs each game covers?

One Piece 3:
Romance Dawn Arc
Orange Town Arc
Syrup Village Arc
Baratie Arc
Arlong Park Arc
Loguetown Arc
Drum Island Arc
Alabasta Arc
Jaya Arc
Skypiea Arc
Water 7 Arc
Enies Lobby Arc
Post-Enies Lobby Arc
Thriller Bark Arc
Sabaody Archipelago Arc
Impel Down Arc
Marineford Arc
Fishman Island Arc
Punk Hazard Arc
Dressrosa Arc

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Lizard Wizard posted:

They all go well past Alabasta but OPPW2 is an original story that only borrows some general plot points from the anime/manga. If you're really into it and concerned about spoilers, I would just power through reading/watching it and maybe by the time your'e done you will have been able to pick up OPPW3 in some kind of sale.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Tae posted:

One Piece 3:
Romance Dawn Arc
Orange Town Arc
Syrup Village Arc
Baratie Arc
Arlong Park Arc
Loguetown Arc
Drum Island Arc
Alabasta Arc
Jaya Arc
Skypiea Arc
Water 7 Arc
Enies Lobby Arc
Post-Enies Lobby Arc
Thriller Bark Arc
Sabaody Archipelago Arc
Impel Down Arc
Marineford Arc
Fishman Island Arc
Punk Hazard Arc
Dressrosa Arc

...what's the highest episode number out of all of those? :nyoron:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The anime is currently in Dressrosa still, isn't it?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

...what's the highest episode number out of all of those? :nyoron:

Starts:
Anime-629
Manga-700

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

Pirate Warriors 3 goes through the cliffnotes version of every major story beat as Tae posted, 2 is its own fake story so you could play that without spoilers (other than characters existing)

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tae posted:

One Piece 3: :words:
In comparison, the first game mostly focused on the Quicktime Event-saga, a choice seen as controversial by a large portion of the fanbase.

Just wait until PW3 goes on sale a year from now and catch up with the manga if you wanna avoid spoilers altogether.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

quakster posted:

In comparison, the first game mostly focused on the Quicktime Event-saga, a choice seen as controversial by a large portion of the fanbase.

Just wait until PW3 goes on sale a year from now and catch up with the manga if you wanna avoid spoilers altogether.

I'll probably wait for the anime to catch up with where the manga is now; I'm terrible at reading action scenes in manga. :negative:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dub trailer of Dragon Warriors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wnCFZy2blc

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'll probably wait for the anime to catch up with where the manga is now; I'm terrible at reading action scenes in manga. :negative:

Dressrosa just ended in the manga and the anime isn't that far behind. I doubt that the game covers through the end since the game came out months ago in Japan which would have had it released right in the middle of the arc rather than at the end.

What I'm saying is if you just want to watch the anime you can probably watch what's currently out and be caught up far enough for the game.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Dessarosa arc in PW3 is apparently an original work done in collab with the anime staff who do the filler stuff according to some article I read.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Early reviews say One Piece Musou is a good port, 60 fps.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

It will suck when this doesn't sell well and gets forgotten because it looks really fun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It needs a pc release and I'm doubting there ever will be if rumors are true that's Sony helped make it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tae posted:

Early reviews say One Piece Musou is a good port, 60 fps.

Played a mission last night and it played great. Only hiccup I have is trying to remap some buttons and it goofing up and putting the pause on the shoulder button.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Any solution to the game not recognizing xbox 360 controller? Some of the buttons get responses, but buttons like the triggers or my analog sticks don't register at all, and the default controls are awkward and bad.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Sorry if this has already been answered, but as there's like 200 pages, I can't read them all!

Would people recommend buying Dynasty Warriors 8 or Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires?

I usually don't buy a a DW game if I bought the previous one, I like to leave it a couple of years so the improvements are bigger. I did play 7 and 7 Empires though, but are there enough changes to warrant buying 8/8Empires?

You know what's crazy? Not me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm still really sad that Arlong and Kuro still aren't playable in PW3...I always liked those villians.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
now that I think about it has kuro ever been playable in anything?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Attacks in one piece are weird. It's different in that I have to remember certain combinations, sometimes in reverse order. Not really sure what the dash/evade button is for, does it function like samurai warriors in continuing attacks?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Attacks in one piece are weird. It's different in that I have to remember certain combinations, sometimes in reverse order. Not really sure what the dash/evade button is for, does it function like samurai warriors in continuing attacks?

Yep!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

now that I think about it has kuro ever been playable in anything?

He's playable in Treasure Cruise...That's about it as far as I know.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yup, also if you dash into a boss type enemy while they're kind of charging and glowing white it'll knock them out of the move they were going to do and give you an opening to dizzy them.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm incredibly glad the camera no longer sucks.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The one thing that bugs me is the game will teleport you to the boss in an empty room after you clear the objectives, so you've gotta plan your Kizuna well if you want it up for the boss.

I really like the Kizuna system, even if it is a stealth Buggy nerf.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The translation is a bit weird though, all the attack names are in kind of awkward English but they keep 'Kizuna' instead of just making it 'Bond'?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Sakurazuka posted:

The translation is a bit weird though, all the attack names are in kind of awkward English but they keep 'Kizuna' instead of just making it 'Bond'?

Keeping in tradition with the manga translations then. You never know what will actually be translated in each installment.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It's strange that they left kizuna untranslated and then translated all the nakamas. I played for hours before I realized why the strawhats bonus thing is called "Can we be crewmates"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Kizuna sounds cooler than bond

alternatively maybe the kizuna was in katakana like a proper name

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manic X posted:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but as there's like 200 pages, I can't read them all!

Would people recommend buying Dynasty Warriors 8 or Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires?

I usually don't buy a a DW game if I bought the previous one, I like to leave it a couple of years so the improvements are bigger. I did play 7 and 7 Empires though, but are there enough changes to warrant buying 8/8Empires?

DW8 Empires is almost the exact same game as DW7 Empires. If you want a new game I would reccomend Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate :getin:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I liked how they made Mr 2's special "Oh Come My Way Karate" instead of Okama, unless that's the official english name change or something. Funny either way.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah, that's a pretty good way of getting around the whole okama thing

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I can't tell if that's only the localized name of it, or if it is also an intended pun in the original Japanese.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

"I'm sorry my pants ate all your ice cream."

Luffy feels the most effective between good AoE and a powerful command grab. Advantage is that his aerial bombardment is quick and stays in one place, unlike Zorro's which is basically a missile.

Do I seriously get to play as a bunny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

Rutibex posted:

DW8 Empires is almost the exact same game as DW7 Empires. If you want a new game I would reccomend Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate :getin:

Oh wow, I have WO3, didn't know Ultimate was around. If it's anywhere near as good as WO3 that will make my Summer... sadly.