Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
does he have a mechanic in to help simulate the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight title yet because thtat's what's really important to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
And when can I feed disobedient workers to my brother in the basement?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Baron La Croix posted:

And when can I feed disobedient workers to my brother in the basement?

You can do that in the 2013 angle maker.
Just set your brother to be rated on 'Menace'
and set the disobedient worker(s) to be rated on 'Deliciousness'.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

2k16 would be a lot more fun if the refs had a field of vision you could exploit. I don't even think you can do the ol Latino Heat misdirection gag anymore.

give to me more heelishness, 2kgames.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

coconono posted:

2k16 would be a lot more fun if the refs had a field of vision you could exploit. I don't even think you can do the ol Latino Heat misdirection gag anymore.

give to me more heelishness, 2kgames.

I know in tag matches I go to town on other wrestlers routinely while my friend faces the ref the other way.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

The Bee posted:

I know in tag matches I go to town on other wrestlers routinely while my friend faces the ref the other way.

What can you specifically do in that context, though? Are there dirty moves that do damage quicker than clean equivalents? Do you sneak a foreign object in and drop it before the ref turns around? I feel like all the shady heel poo poo you can do in a tag match either doesn't give you much of an advantage over fighting clean, or it's not counted as illegal (e.g. sending the enemy to the outside near your corner and wailing on him 2-on-1)

Charlie72
Apr 21, 2010

Tew posted:

Mar 28: Scumbag Owners

If an owner of a sub-Cult company has a particularly ugly personality then he now falls under the heading of Scumbag Owner. Workers who get this categorisation - and they'd have to be pretty rotten people to do so - generate special incidents where they stiff employees on payments, do scummy behaviour like organise fraudulent kickstarter campaings, beat up rookies backstage, etc. They are also extra likely to develop bad relationships with their employees and have walk outs happen. This adds to the realism of the game.

Dixie Carter/Ian Rotten Mode active.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Charlie72 posted:

Dixie Carter/Ian Rotten Mode active.

I hope there's some kind of upside to being a scummy owner. It's a game, there shouldn't be features that are just purely negative so everyone will avoid them.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

what is the upside to working for, or indeed being, Dixie or Ian in real life?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

what is the upside to working for, or indeed being, Dixie or Ian in real life?

All the tacos you can eat from your shoot job.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

triplexpac posted:

I hope there's some kind of upside to being a scummy owner. It's a game, there shouldn't be features that are just purely negative so everyone will avoid them.

Stiffing pay obviously saves you money, beating up rookies might contribute to fear-based discipline?

What's great/tragic is that, just like real life, scumbag owners will still get fresh employees coming to them because wrestlers still need to get paid :smith:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is there a button in the Scumbag Owner menu to straight up Mike Levy some kid and it only works if he has no experience. That'd be interesting.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

projecthalaxy posted:

Is there a button in the Scumbag Owner menu to straight up Mike Levy some kid and it only works if he has no experience. That'd be interesting.

It'll probably just be a random event backstage

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

triplexpac posted:

Very (pretty) sure that things like this only affect AI behavior. Sort of like how it doesn't matter what the worker you choose as an avatar is like irl, you can make them do whatever you want

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Jenny Angel posted:

What can you specifically do in that context, though? Are there dirty moves that do damage quicker than clean equivalents? Do you sneak a foreign object in and drop it before the ref turns around? I feel like all the shady heel poo poo you can do in a tag match either doesn't give you much of an advantage over fighting clean, or it's not counted as illegal (e.g. sending the enemy to the outside near your corner and wailing on him 2-on-1)

Tons of foreign objects, until I slip up and do it in the ref's eyesight.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

quote:

Mar 29: Gimmicks Upgrade

The entire gimmick system has been completely overhauled to be both more realistic and far easier to understand. Amongst the changes are gimmick life cycles that allow worker's gimmicks to peak and wane, and gimmick tweaks that allow the user to try and extend the lifespan of successful gimmicks by adjusting them slightly. The way gimmicks are rated has also been revamped, making it less of a lottery, and their impact on the game has also been redone.

Mar 29: Preset Gimmick Settings

Mod makers can now use the editor to preset not only a gimmick's rating but also how long of a lifespan it has left and how freshly it was altered.

Mar 29: Gimmick Copying

For realism, if a company assigns a gimmick to a worker and he is already using it in another company, the rating will be the same to reflect that it is already well known how well he performs it.

Mar 29: AI Gimmicks

In previous games the AI did not alter its workers' gimmicks when turning them, leading to a messy roster. This has been altered so that the AI will switch the gimmick accordingly.

Mar 29: Manual Gimmick Changes

As with turns, the user can now manually decide when a gimmick change is to take place (rather than it happening the next time they appear on screen). This gives the user a far greater degree of control, especially if the gimmick change is being done at the same time as a turn.

Mar 29: Gimmick Changes With A Turn

The 'too soon for a gimmick change' penalty previously made turns tricky, as logically just changing a gimmick also then precluded a turn for a few months (unless the gimmick could work with both dispositions). A turn now allows a gimmick change to happen without this penalty if done simultaneously, thus eliminating this annoyance and allowing the player to be more creative.

Mar 29: Default Gimmick Auto Pass

To improve the way gimmicks work, a worker's default gimmicks are now automatically considered to be appropriate for them, irrespective of whether their stats genuinely fulfil the criteria. This is especially useful for mod makers who no longer have to check each gimmick for each worker using them.

Mar 29: Harder Non-Aggression Pacts
Mar 29: Harder Working Agreements

In previous games it was too easy for human-controlled smaller companies to get non-aggression or working agreements with larger AI-controlled companies who had no real incentive to agree. This acted as a sort of loophole as the user got lots of advantages but few, if any, disadvantages. The AI is now smarter about rejecting relationship requests that have no benefit to them.

Mar 29: Alliance-Mate Pacts

If a human-controlled company attempts to create a positive relationship with another company who are in the same alliance then the likelihood of it being accepted greatly increases. This adds another benefit to being in an alliance.

Mar 29: Pact Switching

In previous games there was no easy way of switching your relationship with another company without first ending the original, risking a war. This has been addressed by allowing the company to propose moving directly from one relationship type to another.

Mar 29: AI Alliance Joining

AI companies can now choose to apply to join alliances whenever they want to. Previously it was limited to when the user actively made offers. This makes a more dynamic game world.

Mar 29: Preset Alliance Membership

By request, mod makers can now preset certain companies to join specific alliances when they debut.

Mar 29: Leaving Alliance Reaction

In previous games a company could quit an alliance with few consequences; this has been changed so that the remaining members can get annoyed or even declare war at the betrayal.

Mar 29: Monday Night Wars

A national battle is now triggered with two rivals, not three, so that the real life Monday Night Wars can be simulated.

Gimmicks have been changed a bit

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Basic Chunnel posted:

Very (pretty) sure that things like this only affect AI behavior. Sort of like how it doesn't matter what the worker you choose as an avatar is like irl, you can make them do whatever you want

You can't turn off their soft drugs habit. You'd think there'd be a "Quit drugs" option.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Everybody is fighting with 2k16, when they should really be playing the No Mercy mod Showdown 64 as their current wrestling game. Bonus points for being able to run it at a brisk 60 fps on PCs, eliminating my main beef with that game. Look at this monster! The forum that hosts it, Old Skool Reunion, is pretty chill too and has lots of other projects like porting a bunch of WM2000 and Revenge dudes to VPW2 and a New Generation mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eSr-jKZZ98

It's ridiculous how much better the AKI system still is than our current alternatives. Has anyone tried playing it online?

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Mar 29, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Dishwasher posted:

Everybody is fighting with 2k16, when they should really be playing the No Mercy mod Showdown 64 as their current wrestling game. Bonus points for being able to run it at a brisk 60 fps on PCs, eliminating my main beef with that game. Look at this monster! The forum that hosts it, Old Skool Reunion, is pretty chill too and has lots of other projects like porting a bunch of WM2000 and Revenge dudes to VPW2 and a New Generation mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eSr-jKZZ98

It's ridiculous how much better the AKI system still is than our current alternatives. Has anyone tried playing it online?

Is there a safe place to get pj64? Their site is blocked by Chrome and I heard certain versions have adware.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

As long as it's version 2.1 and is a RAR file instead of EXE, you should be good to go at any of the other sites you can get it.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

Features with no direct upsides have existed in games for decades, they're called difficulty settings. Letting a bunch of scumbag owners loose in the world and trying to deal with them sounds like a fun self-imposed challenge.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Le Saboteur posted:

EA UFC 2 had the whole crossing yourself after a victory thing patched out today completely. So no more Khabib being suddenly Catholic after a win.

I'm honestly surprised this didn't cause a bigger problem.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Dishwasher posted:

I think we got No Mercy to work online twice, once with a mod, once without.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Veryslightlymad posted:

You can't turn off their soft drugs habit. You'd think there'd be a "Quit drugs" option.

Give it a "Quit Drugs" option, but then it randomly turn on at a later point.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Davros1 posted:

Give it a "Quit Drugs" option, but then it randomly turn on at a later point.

Oh, you can actually just go into the editor. I'm gonna call this acceptable cheating, since it's literally the only part of my "personality" I can't control.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Tomahawk posted:

If I just wanna play out some WCW 1996-1998 fantasies is WWE 2k16 the game for me?

Yes, I think so.

If you dedicated your entire universe mode to WCW, you'd have any WCW guys already in the game and 100 CAW spots to fill with everyone else.

My Universe mode has a classic WWF and a WCW brand (along with 4 modern brands). I've got them set up to occasionally crossover for WWF vs WCW events.

Stunning Steve Austin is in the midst of a very long world title run right now. Outsiders just picked the tag belts up from Benoit/Malenko. Didn't have a Great American Bash logo when I made the show, so I used Dusty's face texture for the logo which worked out great.

Shot from one of the WWF vs WCW events

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

About the best thing about this game is the ability to book ridiculous fantasy and old school events that look drat near like they're official content. I really wish they'd fix the gameplay issues because everything around the game is perfection.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

How do you cutoff the timelines? I do this occasionally but always get into arguments with myself as to whether Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, or Bret Hart, go in the modern roster or the retro roster. I mean, in this one does Stone Cold go modern because we have Stunning Steve for the classic, or does WWF get to run Stone Cold in opposition to WCW's Stunning Steve?

On the other hand, its not like there isn't plenty of Stone Cold to go around in this one.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 29, 2016

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Did anyone ever figure out how to get more cutscenes during universe mode or is it still broken?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

From what I understand, they made it so cut-scenes only happen during rivalry's now, which sucks.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Anyone playing 2k16 on PC? How do you create and upload logos? I'm sick of not having PPV logos for a bunch of WCW PPV's.

Also it's funny if you just sim through years' worth of matches and then start swapping guys to other brands. The Vaudevillains got signed to my WCW which is basically 1998 without Hogan and Flair on top, they immediately beat Hall and Nash and are holding onto the titles forever. I just wish there was a way to manually edit the attribute stacks, it'd be cool to just be able to get some kind of injury going for someone without having to beat the poo poo out of them in a match.

Dishwasher posted:

Did anyone ever figure out how to get more cutscenes during universe mode or is it still broken?

remusclaw posted:

From what I understand, they made it so cut-scenes only happen during rivalry's now, which sucks.

In 2k15 this barely worked anyways. I do wish they kept in some stuff from the older games like letting you do a run-in with someone not booked in a match. Also give me the drat special referee match back :argh:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

1st AD posted:

Anyone playing 2k16 on PC? How do you create and upload logos? I'm sick of not having PPV logos for a bunch of WCW PPV's.

Also it's funny if you just sim through years' worth of matches and then start swapping guys to other brands. The Vaudevillains got signed to my WCW which is basically 1998 without Hogan and Flair on top, they immediately beat Hall and Nash and are holding onto the titles forever. I just wish there was a way to manually edit the attribute stacks, it'd be cool to just be able to get some kind of injury going for someone without having to beat the poo poo out of them in a match.

In 2k15 this barely worked anyways. I do wish they kept in some stuff from the older games like letting you do a run-in with someone not booked in a match. Also give me the drat special referee match back :argh:

https://wwe.2k.com/wwe2k16logo/index.php
same as on the console, though I'm sure there are ways to do it manually.

Universe mode is a faster loading less entertaining version of Smackdown 2's season mode.

Still, best actual wrestling match gameplay in about a decade. FPR came out in 07 and KOC II in 04.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 29, 2016

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Speaking of old games, has there ever been a gameshark code that allowed instant title matches on WCW/NWO Revenge without having to play 10 matches? I remember there being a code to skip straight to the champion and Google is yielding nothing.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLg_aIlhe6I

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I can't bring myself to buy 2k16 even though I now have an XBone, because if I can't put in authentic theme music for Koko B Ware, Brutus Beefcake, Honky Tonk Man and the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers, I will not feel whole.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

"Recreating ourselves in wwe 2k16"
*thumbnail is a bunch of community creations*

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014
Did 2k ever release a way to delete downloaded logos? I've got a lot cluttering up my list from caws that I deleted but can't find a way to get rid of the logos.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think there was a system message about adding that last time i booted up but idk

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Dishwasher posted:

Speaking of old games, has there ever been a gameshark code that allowed instant title matches on WCW/NWO Revenge without having to play 10 matches? I remember there being a code to skip straight to the champion and Google is yielding nothing.

Found it after a lot of digging, if anyone cares.

Instant Title Match on Championship Mode:
80038AAB 0008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

i think there was a system message about adding that last time i booted up but idk

I could find a note in patch notes about deleting logos you had uploaded, but not ones you downloaded.

Diddums fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 29, 2016