Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Stringbean posted:

Clearly this is the "Urban Gorilla" mech which was created by clans piecing together IS mechs in an effort to dominate cityscapes by climbing the sides of buildings with its massive arms. It comes equipped with ECM and would drop down behind enemies and unleash it's SRM/AC20 directly into their backs.

Do more! I wanna write about more mechs that fit into Battletechs crazy poo poo.

Let me know when you start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pi In The Sky
Dec 31, 2015

The Saddest Robot posted:

Unrelated, Commoners suggested that I mash up some mechs. So I present the Urban Atlas.

Now make it spin around while twerking.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

so basically a Linebacker?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Archer quirks. Looks close to DOA honestly

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Goons have said every one of the unseen was DOA and 2/3 have been excellent with the third being merely OK.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I wouldnt say DOA. They were going to have LRM quirks from the start. I wish they would have thrown one of them some SRM quirks, but whatever. You get a decent Lasboat on one, a brawler on the other, and a gimmick SRM build on the third.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
Nine missile hardpoints is enough of a threat without quirks, and the 5W does get some brawler support with decent agility and some token structure bonuses. It would have been pretty hilarious if they'd given it SRM quirks as well, but honestly it's probably better for game balance this way.

Not to say that it's guaranteed to be great either. Hitboxes and other factors (like the giant protruding CT and low-slung cockpit) might hold it back. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Great Beer posted:

Goons have said every one of the unseen was DOA and 2/3 have been excellent with the third being merely OK.

Where have you seen this? Only the Riflemans been pretty poo poo which was the prognosis from the start.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
Ha ha ha ha.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

Archer quirks. Looks close to DOA honestly

This is what happens with lots of nice hardpoints and an ECM hero.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

So apparently Russ has said something stupid and people are angry about the quirks concerning both the catapult and the archer? Does anyone here actually give enough of a drat to know what that's about? All I know is that I had 30+ messages from Mr. Complains About Everything last I looked.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Those wallpapers are not accurate. We all know that 90% of Archers will never fire lasers, they will be hiding in the back vomiting LRMS.

The remaining 10% will be cool SRM bros spitting explosions all over the faces of their enemies.

Unrelated, Commoners suggested that I mash up some mechs. So I present the Urban Atlas.

Johnny Bravo - the īmech?

grissenko
Jan 18, 2006

Oh he's so pringles. Where yo curleh mustache at?!
Fun Shoe
Six losses in a row tonight. All but one match over 300 damage dealt, about 500 on average. Thanks everyone I played with in Tier 4 tonight who think lone wolfing is a good idea, and who box themselves into narrow passages and shoot their team mates. I'm done for a few days.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
WELP

Sorry PGI you'll get 'em next time

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014
12 v 12 gets real old. Not enough maps. The game modes are all the same. The grind sucks.

But stomping around and unloading weapon fire into someone is fun.

The fun only outweighed the non-fun for me for 2 months, which from that graph looks like was true for many other steam-launch players.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Love Stole the Day posted:

WELP

Sorry PGI you'll get 'em next time

"we banned over 500 hackers"

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014

Sard posted:

I take it all back and promise to login tonight.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Sard posted:

The cheating just keeps getting worse. It's most obvious when you play a light and get CT cored over and over.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Washout posted:

The cheating just keeps getting worse. It's most obvious when you play a light and get CT cored over and over.

It's particularly noticeable when it happens if you pilot a marauder or crab because coring out one of those without taking off something else first is drat near impossible.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

grissenko posted:

Six losses in a row tonight. All but one match over 300 damage dealt, about 500 on average. Thanks everyone I played with in Tier 4 tonight who think lone wolfing is a good idea, and who box themselves into narrow passages and shoot their team mates. I'm done for a few days.

have you tried not playing solo queue?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Sometimes solo queue makes you feel like a wolf among lambs though. Especially in an Atlas.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

DancingShade posted:

It's particularly noticeable when it happens if you pilot a marauder or crab because coring out one of those without taking off something else first is drat near impossible.

I'm glad someone else said this. I've noticed quite a bit how I get CT'd in my Marauder from time to time while wiggling and nothing else gets hit. Meanwhile, I can't hit the ct of a marauder if they stand still. I mean I know I'm terrible, but gently caress, the amount of Helios I've seen in the last few weeks is staggering. No one is even trying to hide it anymore.

Also, if you want to hate the game, play solo queue.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I solo queue 90% of the time. I did the same in WoT. As long as I play well, I don't mind when my team folds in on itself.

I'm probably a masochist though.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

quote:

Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details
X

Complaint
I have spend money on the video game '***********: Online' produced and published by PGI. Recently PGI has revoked access to my game account citing reasons outside of the actual game like forum posts.

I contacted the CEO of PGI, ************, on ******* and asked him to either name the in-game transgression that would justify and ban or give me the money back I spend on this game (*********************************************************). He just called me a troll and blocked me.

Desired Settlement
Restore access to my game account or refund the money I spend on the game.
- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/mbc/business-reviews/video-games-dealers/piranha-games-in-vancouver-bc-1265827/complaints#sthash.gsCHLfyJ.dpuf

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Please tell me this isn't yours, because that's a pretty dumb thing to complain about.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The system is corrupt and must be brought down. Trump 2016 is the answer. Please help me get my account unbanned

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

My first game with 1000+ damage in the Arctic Cheetah :awesome:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Archer scale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVwCpHwetxE

relatively small for a 70-tonner but the hitboxes might not be great

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Stringbean posted:

Clearly this is the "Urban Gorilla" mech which was created by clans piecing together IS mechs in an effort to dominate cityscapes by climbing the sides of buildings with its massive arms.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

oh look it's the inspiration for what PGI did to the Catapult's missile arms

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The Howler is the official MWO Pubbie build. It's a slow 20-ton light `Mech with 3 LRM 5s.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

Archer scale

Looks pretty close to average to me, especially with the giant CT profile. Which is what you'd hope given that they're paying closer attention to scaling now. Maybe a tad small, I dunno.

But yeah, the hitboxes are really the question. If the entirety of the central torso structure really is CT hitbox, that's going to be pretty terrible. It'll be incredibly easy to hit from the side, easier than the STs. So never not run XL engines I guess?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
No no, see, the archer's CT size is deceptive because it'll always be in the back firing LRMs and never being shot. Checkmate. :smuggo:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Supraluminal posted:

But yeah, the hitboxes are really the question. If the entirety of the central torso structure really is CT hitbox, that's going to be pretty terrible. It'll be incredibly easy to hit from the side, easier than the STs. So never not run XL engines I guess?

It almost looks like all three torso hitboxes will be really easy to isolate

Orv
May 4, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Howler is the official MWO Pubbie build. It's a slow 20-ton light `Mech with 3 LRM 5s.

I sometimes wonder how half of the totally pointless and insane BT mechs came to be and then I usually think it's best not to wonder how someone survives on that many drugs.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Orv posted:

I sometimes wonder how half of the totally pointless and insane BT mechs came to be and then I usually think it's best not to wonder how someone survives on that many drugs.

In the Howler's case, it was:

The Jade Falcons shoved a whole bunch of half-trained morons through pilot training and needed a cheap piece of garbage for them to drive while they found out which of them was actually capable of not getting themselves messily dead.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

Archer scale

Arms don't shield anything and you can always hit the CT from any angle. STD only and don't bother torso twisting.

Oh well, I'm sure the quirks will... compensate... oh :gibs:

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

It almost looks like all three torso hitboxes will be really easy to isolate

Yeah, probably. But the CT is such a giant shoot-me sign I still bet it'll get opened up before you lose a ST in 90% of matches, especially if you can twist at all competently. Hence why I'd try it with an XL; if your CT is impossible to miss you might as well be faster and pack more weapons.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

DancingShade posted:

Oh well, I'm sure the quirks will... compensate... oh :gibs:

Russ on Twitter posted:

People way to caught up on quirks - for one we took the same approach as all the classic mechs. For another there are several major moments approaching that could result in major changes to quirks if not a complete start from scratch.

First the rescale - this will cause a lot of quirk changes. Next is the new heat scale replacement that will also trigger a complete look at quirks. Lastly it's always the best course of action to come in light then buff rather than the other way around- I'm confident in its performance.

As to the Archer quirks yes I think in the image the quirks listed are correct but he default load out on the 2R is incorrect. See the archer order page for the default load outs.

It's OK guys because we're rolling out major changes next year! Also it's weak on launch so we can buff it later, something we've never done and have no intention of doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Orv posted:

Canon battletech mechs are designed with the philosophy of "Imagine modern day military-industrial procurement methods extrapolated 1000 years into the future, and build war machines based on their track record".

Given that design scheme, a great many battlemechs make a hell of a lot of sense... and which is why the Hellstar has no business existing.

• Locked thread