Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAB
Nov 5, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Not everyone can be this cool

this is some Han Solo on a speeder bike poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

AAB posted:

this is some Han Solo on a speeder bike poo poo

Rasheed has successfully made the dumb not-cape look cool.

I'm not sure how to process this information. :stare:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

oh no wait I was close, this is more like it

old man harrison ford on his beamer bike :lol:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Nuebot posted:

Get a grasp. Mine doesn't even have a god roll and it just eats dudes up. I love just walking through maps and gunning dudes down from full health while in critical health because they don't even know what the hell is going on. It's a great gun if you suck and need a replacement for actual skill.

Is the omnigul strike hard? Does it take forever to farm or what. From the descriptions it seems kinda involved

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Buy 350 gear and play iron banner.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Darth Windu posted:

Is the omnigul strike hard? Does it take forever to farm or what. From the descriptions it seems kinda involved

These days you use a skeleton key at the end of the strike (which may be grasp or a bond :downs:). Grasp farming died when ROI launched, Blues farming died during the latest hotfix.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
guys the hunter vest with the legendary version starter cape is pro

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

guys the hunter vest with the legendary version starter cape is pro

I like the titan belt with no butt towel but mine has a terrible roll.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So is that vendor IB shotty any good for PVP? Even with rifled barrel it looks not great

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Darth Windu posted:

No, it's easy as long as there's no arc burn involved. Kill fallen, kill more fallen, run through a room, kill hive, kill boss. Use a skeleton key on the chest and you'll probably get a grasp or a cool warlock bond.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Roman posted:

So is that vendor IB shotty any good for PVP? Even with rifled barrel it looks not great

No it's trash

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So I'm having some struggle getting my light up. I'm at 338 right now. What can I do to just rip right through it? I've help onto my encrypted legendaries. Should I just say gently caress it and pop them?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Moochewmoo posted:

So I'm having some struggle getting my light up. I'm at 338 right now. What can I do to just rip right through it? I've help onto my encrypted legendaries. Should I just say gently caress it and pop them?

don't

buy vendor gear

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Moochewmoo posted:

at 338 it shouldnt be that hard to find enough random blues to get you to 340, maybe wait until then at least.

Mazerunner posted:

don't
buy vendor gear
that too

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I only have 75 legendary marks!!!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Darth Windu posted:

You can get 45 a day doing daily events on planets if you have 3 characters (plus 3 purples)

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Darth Windu posted:

do the daily story, do the daily pvp, do public events on as many characters as you have

do weekly pvp, do heroic strikes, do some iron banner

there now you have a ton

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Darth Windu posted:

Ghost for 75 at vanguard/crucible

Also find a public event and do one. 15 marks, guaranteed legendary

e:fb

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I finally got my drat Zen Meteor. It decrypted at 387 so that's pretty sweet too, also I can stop burning special exotic engrams now that I have them all and save them for hard mode and any other potential level cap raises.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
If I were a betting man, which I'm not, I'd be willing to bet that you're not gonna be able to hit 400 with stored stuff or vendor packages.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If I were a betting man, which I'm not, I'd be willing to bet that you're not gonna be able to hit 400 with stored stuff or vendor packages.

Why not

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Nuebot posted:

No, it's easy as long as there's no arc burn involved. Kill fallen, kill more fallen, run through a room, kill hive, kill boss. Use a skeleton key on the chest and you'll probably get a grasp or a cool warlock bond.

Huh skeleton key? Chest?? I just beat it and didn't get anything but some engrams and greens

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Darth Windu posted:

Huh skeleton key? Chest?? I just beat it and didn't get anything but some engrams and greens

You don't always get one.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
That's gay and dumb.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Because everything they've done has been to punish hoarders so no reason to change. Make all the highest level gear available from actual activities instead of just who can stockpile the most engrams. It's good. Stop grinding, just play the game.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Man hand cannons suck dick

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Because everything they've done has been to punish hoarders so no reason to change. Make all the highest level gear available from actual activities instead of just who can stockpile the most engrams. It's good. Stop grinding, just play the game.

I mean I don't care either way but that's not what they did at all like 2 weeks ago

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Clever Dragon is really fuckin' good, really wish I had grinded harder for a good grasp.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
How do I get skeleton keys Google isn't helping g

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Darth Windu posted:

How do I get skeleton keys Google isn't helping g

They are random drop of strike bosses. Heroic and Nightfall strikes have a higher chance but it is still a really lovely drop rate.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Calidus posted:

They are random drop of strike bosses. Heroic and Nightfall strikes have a higher chance but it is still a really lovely drop rate.

God I hate this game

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Got a dragon with hidden hand, lightweight, braced frame, seems like it'll be fun

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Oh also, I did the siva crisis strike playlist and it sent me to the dust palace?? I hate that strike, kinda assumed it would be new ones

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

I mean I don't care either way but that's not what they did at all like 2 weeks ago

Yeah it was, in a way. They straight up capped purples and if you popped your yellows early they gave you basically no overall light boost.

People were still able to power level because of two reasons.

First, people quickly figured out Omnigul blue farm, which allowed smart hoarders, who held back after they recognized poo poo wasn't popping at light increases like they expected, to hit 365 first and then pop their poo poo.

Second, people has serious amounts of SC that they could use to rank factions (also more effective once the Omnigul farm was identified). Remember, factions rankups were traditionally capped below max hard mode light. 330. Not 335. I expect something similar here.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Emron posted:

Got a dragon with hidden hand, lightweight, braced frame, seems like it'll be fun

Mine has braced framed, armor piercing rounds and hidden hand. I don't feel like it needs counter balance at all.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Do I need a team to do challenge of elders

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So, since when did Queen's Wrath start handing out good poo poo? I just got a really cool looking 361 light titan helmet from Petra.

Darth Windu posted:

You get a free skeleton key for doing the post-RoI storyline quest from Shiro. Quests only show up if you do them from the playlist IIRC.

Darth Windu posted:

Do I need a team to do challenge of elders

Yes. Well, not technically, but it's kind of poo poo to solo.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol rekt

http://i.imgur.com/MopQSKr.gifv

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

They really went overboard on buffing the hell out of the arc hunter super. I don't think I've seen a single one die since RoI. Meanwhile I've been shooting down sunbreakers and Stormcallers left right and center. I charged at a storm caller earlier and punched him to death while he was shocking me. Blade dancer though? Get hosed they're invincible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I think they just fixed the hit registration for blade so that you can actually hit a dude and trigger your healing perk under fire. No armor buff.

Blades are just harder to hit because they're in close and can rapidly change direction. I've killed plenty with teamshot then shotty melee.

• Locked thread