Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Been bowling a lot lately. Am I middle aged?

Only if you aren't using bumpers.

Also, I would love to get out of corporate america I just don't know what to do. The income is so nice it would be hard to start fresh somewhere doing something else :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Post your best bowling score ever. I bowled a 202 once. I felt like I was on fire and then began to think I have no clue how people can bowl 300's. Truly an underappreciated sports accomplishment.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I keep telling myself that corporate America will pay for everything until I gain the skills I need to start my own consulting company

That sounds naive now that I typed it out

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Post your best bowling score ever. I bowled a 202 once. I felt like I was on fire and then began to think I have no clue how people can bowl 300's. Truly an underappreciated sports accomplishment.

I went on a first date and bowled like a 68. I got home and told my dad and he put a hand on my shoulder and said "being a poo poo bowler runs in the family"

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

I went on a first date and bowled like a 68. I got home and told my dad and he put a hand on my shoulder and said "being a poo poo bowler runs in the family"

68? :v:

Bowling is surprisingly difficult, though I employ the straight line technique because if I try to put spin on the ball I basically break my wrist. My bowling game plan is basically pick the heaviest ball I can (mainly because my fingers don't fit in the light balls) and then whip it as hard as I can at the pins and hope for the best.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Blitz7x posted:

One Pin Away

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i have tiny wrists and bowling is really uncomfortable

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I am not a good bowler but one time I randomly bowled a 214. I think that was when I was around 20. I've probably bowled six games since then and never broken like 160?

Basically this is an allegory for life, you peak when you're 20 and still too stupid to do anything useful with it and the rest of your life is a slow frustrating decline

Also, I would love to get out of corporate america I just don't know what to do. The income is so nice it would be hard to start fresh somewhere doing something else :(

:agreed: :same:

In college I enjoyed my geology classes, astronomy classes, and painting. I'm not going to go back to school for like 6 years so I can try to launch a badly-paid career in geology in my late 40s though, that'd be insane. Also I'm not that good at math and if you want a hard science degree you have to do a lot of math.

I'm stuck in the corporate grind, and if I wanted out I needed to get out 10 years ago.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

FizFashizzle posted:

lol Evan Bayh who came back to walk into a senate seat and got dunked all over

Unfortunately I saw that coming a mile away. Sucks living in Indiana when the morons elect that piece of poo poo Todd Young over Bayh.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

BrownThunder posted:

One Pin Away

Not even, girls go for the bad boy bowlers (aka 150+)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

I am not a good bowler but one time I randomly bowled a 214. I think that was when I was around 20. I've probably bowled six games since then and never broken like 160?

Basically this is an allegory for life, you peak when you're 20 and still too stupid to do anything useful with it and the rest of your life is a slow frustrating decline

:agreed: :same:

In college I enjoyed my geology classes, astronomy classes, and painting. I'm not going to go back to school for like 6 years so I can try to launch a badly-paid career in geology in my late 40s though, that'd be insane. Also I'm not that good at math and if you want a hard science degree you have to do a lot of math.

I'm stuck in the corporate grind, and if I wanted out I needed to get out 10 years ago.

You are my bowling spiritual animal because that basically describes my game to a tee.

And yeah, I think I am stuck as well. I guess it could be worse, but the corporate life is slowly sucking the life out of me. I wish the pension system in Illinois wasn't so hosed. Firefighter/Medic would have been a great career.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Candlepin is truly the king's bowling.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Only if you aren't using bumpers.

No bumpers and I might start being an alternate in my friend's league team, baby!!!!

Also yeah to your second point that would be nice not doing soul destroying work.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

EMTs deal with a loooot of bullshit and the burnout rate is really high.

Right now I am supposed to be editing readmes (because someone edited them directly in github instead of in the local repo so now I have to reconcile them) and it's not even hard work, I just can't feel motivated to do it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm working from home until I move and I'm not doing poo poo because I basically am a reserve for people to dump their supplement requests on, but we're in a supplement lull. I'm playing NES Classic, listening to podcasts and chillin with my cat

:feelsgood:

(RIP Non-Nazi Pepe)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm going to buy a book and enjoy the weather before working out later.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

EMTs deal with a loooot of bullshit and the burnout rate is really high.

Right now I am supposed to be editing readmes (because someone edited them directly in github instead of in the local repo so now I have to reconcile them) and it's not even hard work, I just can't feel motivated to do it.

I was a career firefighter for a few years (part time prior) and where I was wasn't bad. Of course you deal with a lot of BS in the EMS field like drunks and psych evals but it wasn't too bad. What sucks most is I worked my butt off to get there, and then Rauner got elected and the pension system is in scope so it was like eh, I could put in 30 years and hope for the best or I could get out, make bank in the I.T. industry and stash money away while getting out of Illinois. I chose the latter, and still think I chose correct but I miss the Fire/EMS work.

Also, no one even reads the readme's...that sounds like a horrible task.

Hot Diggity! posted:

No bumpers and I might start being an alternate in my friend's league team, baby!!!!

Good luck! Hope you get in the league!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm going to buy a book and enjoy the weather before working out later.

Why are you buying a book? Don't you already have a copy of the bible?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I love my YMCA and but the weight room is so tiny. It basically can't handle 5 people if one of them is deadlifting. I need to get better at waking up early so I can go at 5:45 and hopefully have it to myself.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Yeah it is. I had a time back in my 20s where I bowled a lot and I once bowled a 180-something and it was all strikes and spares. In another game I had one open frame and missed a spare and my score was like 40 points lower or something. Bowling is hard.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Guys if you plant grass seed then like 27% of your life is spent taking care of it in the beginning.

Also my dog won't stop attacking the sprinkler.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So compensatory picks closed yesterday and that means probably some more free agency stuff, do we just chat about it in this thread now or what

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/5/9/15596052/nfl-compensatory-pick-window-closes-free-agency-2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ehud posted:

Guys if you plant grass seed then like 27% of your life is spent taking care of it in the beginning.

That's a good dog

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

I have tiny wrists and don't look good with a watch on. My biggest regret...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

A metaphor for life man. We all need to take a big bite out of our own sprinklers.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I have tiny wrists and don't look good with a watch on. My biggest regret...

I have never owned a watch in my adult life

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
The only watch I own is a vivosmart, which only kind of counts

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Everytime I try to wear a watch, I'm reminded by like an hour in why I don't and that is because that drat dial always digs into the back of my hand and annoys the piss out of me!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I wear a fitbit, but it's worthless as a watch since you have to hit the button either once or five times to get the time.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'd wear a watch but I'm surrounded by clocks.

No wait, I'm surrounded by cocks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i wear a fitbit and i like knowing things like how well i sleep.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

Candlepin is truly the king's bowling.

Candlepin bowling's Tom Brady should be made into a movie imo

Nov 6, 2002

I don't see anything in there about him cheating. :confused:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

When I was a young boy my dad and older brother went to a monster truck show and I was left at home because my mom was afraid I would damage my hearing or something.

Anyways, when my dad and brother came home they gave me a sick Bigfoot monster truck watch. You pulled up the truck and it had the time underneath.

That's the last watch I owned.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I don't see anything in there about him cheating. :confused:

quote:

In 2011, when Sargent bowled a 245, tying the world record for a single game, organizers — as well as jealous bowlers — did everything they could to poke holes in his record, he says. There were rumors that the pins had been sprayed with a lubricant to make them fall easier. There were whispers that the lane where he bowled the record — Metro Bowl in Peabody — had been warped in a flood and should disqualify him. And there were claims that his bowling balls were too heavy, so he was required to have them weighed.

something something ideal resin law

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ehud posted:

I have never owned a watch in my adult life
I like it as a fashion piece. I love how a good watch brings an outfit together. I'm out here with lapel pins as my suit accessories and it's dope as hell but I still like watches.

Nov 6, 2002

My last watch was a Garfield watch.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I really enjoy the Divers watch look and I have a knockoff version of the Rolex Submariner and get compliments all the time

And by knockoff I mean like ~150 instead of the 5k+ Rolex

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

I wear a fitbit, but it's worthless as a watch since you have to hit the button either once or five times to get the time.

How old is your fitbit? The newer ones will show the time when you raise the arm you have it on.

gently caress Fitbit anyways. Their products are so loving cheap and constantly break for no reason. I've had my fitbit replaced like 5 times and they refuse to make things right with this last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I like it as a fashion piece. I love how a good watch brings an outfit together. I'm out here with lapel pins as my suit accessories and it's dope as hell but I still like watches.

I am wearing shoes with holes in them and a decade old dolphins shirt right now

• Locked thread