Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Game devs in 2017 that think a mouseover html5 menu is an answer to anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Hot pro tip for aspiring game developers: copy everything about overwatches menu system and throw away every dumb idea you have.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I've only ever fired a Groza once. It would be great if they added a solo gun range to test out attachments and such ffs.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
You know what bonus mode that could of been added rather than a loving zombie mode?
Protect the VIP.
50v50.
Still have 3/4 player squads. Give the teams uniforms so you can identify them.
Red team VIP spawns on the ground with in a squad with 3 body guard on the ground somewhere.
The rest of the Red has to drop in, enemy Blue has to do the same.
Red wins if VIP stays alive until the end of the circles ('Extraction') or all Blues are dead.
Blue wins if VIP is killed.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

I wonder when they'll have the same realization as the wow devs, that spending a lot of your time on content that less than a percent of people see is dumb.

100 people per game. 7ish drops per game... betting the same person is not getting all of those.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Croccers posted:

You know what bonus mode that could of been added rather than a loving zombie mode?
Protect the VIP.
50v50.
Still have 3/4 player squads. Give the teams uniforms so you can identify them.
Red team VIP spawns on the ground with in a squad with 3 body guard on the ground somewhere.
The rest of the Red has to drop in, enemy Blue has to do the same.
Red wins if VIP stays alive until the end of the circles ('Extraction') or all Blues are dead.
Blue wins if VIP is killed.

VIP/bodyguards get a headstart before the plane spawns, but also don't show up on the map until their team has landed, that way they can get to cover, but then have to pass along their location to the reinforcements, otherwise everybody knows exactly where to jump as soon as they spawn in.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

TheFonz posted:

100 people per game. 7ish drops per game... betting the same person is not getting all of those.

Wow didn't know the crates didn't drop tommy guns and k98 and all the other irrelevancies.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

*Spends months detailing the serial number on the groza, doesn't add animations to getting in cars*

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Wow didn't know the crates didn't drop tommy guns and k98 and all the other irrelevancies.

"All the other irrelevancies"

AWM, M24, Groza... are the other weapons.

Do you really give a poo poo about animations to get into a car over more weapons?

The day I realized Bobbin was a fake troll account :(
It took me too long on PCOS Bill too.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

*Spends months detailing the serial number on the groza, doesn't add animations to getting in cars*

Okay I get it now, you're just a huge troll. Right? I mean this kind of hyperbole must be ironic.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

smdh if you dont pick up and swap out every piece of clothing you find. can't be tracked if you step out of a house wearing an entirely different outfit from when you went in

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

TheFonz posted:

Do you really give a poo poo about animations to get into a car over more weapons?

Are you loving serious? Do I care about guns I see once every 100 games, or animations for an action performed 10 times every game? Wow real head doozer here to figure out the right priority.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Are you loving serious? Do I care about guns I see once every 100 games, or animations for an action performed 10 times every game? Wow real head doozer here to figure out the right priority.

This is going to blow your mind, but yeah, a lot of people want more guns rather than an animation for getting inside a car.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

This is going to blow your mind, but yeah, a lot of people want more guns rather than an animation for getting inside a car.

This is going to blow your mind, but the president of america is a cheeto.

Non sequitur for non sequitur.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I legit didn't know there where more crate exclusive weapons than the Tommy gun. I don't even see that poo poo on other people

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Getting shot because my player character has to perform a several second long uncancelable animation every time he enters/exits a vehicle sounds like a great idea. Cars are already deathtraps when they're slow/stationary, why would you want to make it worse?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Vatek posted:

Getting shot because my player character has to perform a several second long uncancelable animation every time he enters/exits a vehicle sounds like a great idea. Cars are already deathtraps when they're slow/stationary.

If I have to deal with those so I can have a tumble animation so I can leave moving cars I will accept it

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

:confused: How the hell is what I said a non sequitur?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

because you touch yourself

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Jack_tripper posted:

because you touch yourself

Checks out.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Ice Fist posted:

it wasn't

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Yeah please give cars predictable animations so I can even more reliably kill anyone who even thinks about getting into vehicles. Vehicles are already deathtraps.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Everyone knows that the guy that does car animations is the same one that models gun serial numbers. Its a union rule or something.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Yeah please give cars predictable animations so I can even more reliably kill anyone who even thinks about getting into vehicles. Vehicles are already deathtraps.

lol like you can even shoot anybody in this game since you don't have a private server to practice on

POST YOUR KDR COWARD

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

The changes they did to the UMP and vector fire modes is so annoying and needlessly complicated. With only two fire modes, the desired fire mode can always be selected with at most one button press. With three fire modes, if the current mechanism to change fire modes is retained, players will have to be conscious of the fire mode they want to skip over and in which cases they have to remember to do it. It's a small complication of dubious value. I'd be surprised if anyone used burst fire on these weapons given full-auto is an available fire mode.

Inspector_666 posted:

lol like you can even shoot anybody in this game since you don't have a private server to practice on

POST YOUR KDR COWARD

I was gonna say the same thing but you beat me to it

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

POST YOUR KDR COWARD

there is a certain sort of person that reduces everything to numbers...

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

POST YOUR KDR COWARD

You first.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Jack_tripper posted:

there is a certain sort of person that reduces everything to numbers...

Is this a jew joke?

He already loving did in this thread.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

If I have to deal with those so I can have a tumble animation so I can leave moving cars I will accept it

Please wait until the ride has come to a full and complete stop.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

He did. A couple pages ago when you first asked people to. In fact, he was the *only* one to post his legit stats iirc.

Your move.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

i wasn't talking to you but ok, here are my bad stats again https://pubg.me/player/trzzbk

i am unable to practice small units of skill, so my kdr is very bad

EDIT: do i need to link my stats every post? i just want to make sure i know the rules here

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 10, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

This is going to blow your mind, but the president of america is a cheeto.

You must be mad that Trump has his own private server to play on.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Let me bomb my lovely flaming sedan into that rear end in a top hat, you piece of poo poo game

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Inspector_666 posted:

i wasn't talking to you but ok, here are my bad stats again https://pubg.me/player/trzzbk

i am unable to practice small units of skill, so my kdr is very bad

EDIT: do i need to link my stats every post? i just want to make sure i know the rules here

Make it your signature

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rage-saq posted:

Make it your signature

Oh gently caress, wait, can I generate one of those sick real-time updating sigs like you used to be able to have for Counter-Strike and Battlefield?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Bobbin hasn't even played the game and you guys continue to argue with him

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Can we only have fashion advice for the next 3 days?

I'm a big fan of the half gas mask and punk goggles.

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
yo maybe you could make it so you can cancel the getting in car animation??? I'm no game dev scientist but I think it might be possible

I'm more concerned with getting vaulting animations and being able to leap thru windows anyway

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Its honestly painful to watch the Giantbomb PUBG stream because just...how. How the gently caress can you play something for so long and not show any improvement :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Can we only have fashion advice for the next 3 days?

I'm a big fan of the half gas mask and punk goggles.

Rimless sunglasses, balaclava, fingerless gloves, utility belt is the objectively best outfit

• Locked thread