Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
There is a reason for his "free" college bill and his press conference with sanders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Conservative Clinton

Status Quo Bernie

Progressive Cuomo

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense posted:

Conservative Clinton

Status Quo Bernie

Progressive Cuomo

alcoholic me

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I love that song. But yeah the key part is the multiple levels of irony it's working on especially with the video. There's no way any of those humorless fart huffers heard it

lol I hadn't seen the video before

It's a very C-SPAM video, complete with how low-budget it looks to a 2017 viewer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOEIRI5HSuQ

the Talking Heads are such loving art-school kids, I love it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

loquacius posted:

A Cuomo nomination or a second Clinton nomination might be what finally makes me succumb to deep-blue-state apathy and vote third-party

and y'know what???? If enough people do this that MA doesn't go blue, the Democrats loving deserve what they get

dont vote democrat outside of swing states

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
anyhow with 20 people running including bernie and hillary i hope we get a deadlocked convention and a walkout

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

logikv9 posted:

spoiler: Cuomo is running as the progressive in the primary

cuomo is gonna be in jail before 2019

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
that big article last week that was slobbering on his dick literally depended on breathless quotes from hacks at the Third Way think tank

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

after four years of trump, the rich suburban moderate persuadable republicans that surely exist and aren't entirely made up will certainly vote for hillary this time.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a remake of the blues brothers but this time jake hates anime nazis

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

lol I hadn't seen the video before

It's a very C-SPAM video, complete with how low-budget it looks to a 2017 viewer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOEIRI5HSuQ

the Talking Heads are such loving art-school kids, I love it

All Talking Heads videos are pretty C-SPAM, TBH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU

Once In A Lifetime is pretty much CSPAM.vid

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

singing "sensual pantsuit anthem" behind chicken wire at a country bar

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

the joke being when they all dive into the water to avoid being run over, it's the first time many of them have bathed in months.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Is there a better concert video than "Stop Making Sense"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAtn6I5rbY

The answer is no and I will fight you

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the blues bernie brothers

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GalacticAcid posted:

singing "sensual pantsuit anthem" behind chicken wire at a country bar

they initially win the crowd over at the wine bar with an impromptu cover of the newsroom theme.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we're on a mission from marx

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I never put together how much David Byrne looks like cilian Murphy

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, we play both kinds: fleetwood and mac!

GalacticAcid posted:

the bernie brothers

ftfy. i mean, c'mon dude.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

Y'know the Talking Heads song "Nothing But Flowers" where civilization collapses and actually it's really cool because flowers are growing everywhere, yes, this makes internal sense, flowers are the most prolific plant in existence

Anarcho-primitivism is basically that but completely in earnest, by people who are professing a serious political opinion rather than just writing a catchy song, and without being tempered by the song's narrator lamenting all the modern conveniences he no longer has access to

Anarcho-primitivists heard this song when they were 14 and were like "yeah, this sounds like a great central philosophy to base my opinions around" and then didn't pay attention to the last minute or so of lyrics

you know the end of The World's End, when a cornetto wrapper drifts by in the breeze? we can live without ice cream, we can't live if co2 rises too much

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

ftfy. i mean, c'mon dude.

im PUNCHINg myself!!!

thanks

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Someone make the kickstarter

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tired: Bernie Would Have Won

Wired: Bernie Will Win

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Frijolero posted:

Tired: Bernie Would Have Won

Wired: Bernie Will Win

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
current mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0B8EGiRuoE

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Scent of Worf posted:

https://twitter.com/OurRevolution/status/885513885624750080

Bernie is endorsing Ben Jealous. Anyone know anything about him?

I don't live in Maryland and never heard of this guy, but Larry Hogan is the most popular governor in the country and democrats would need the biggest blue wave in history to unseat him.

Granted, he's still got over a year left to somehow crater his career Christie style.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The Nastier Nate posted:

I don't live in Maryland and never heard of this guy, but Larry Hogan is the most popular governor in the country and democrats would need the biggest blue wave in history to unseat him.

Granted, he's still got over a year left to somehow crater his career Christie style.

there also hasn't been an onslaught of ads linking him to the broader GOP agenda and trump yet

plenty of time for a well-managed campaign to tank his approval ratings.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Nastier Nate posted:

Eh, I'm cool with that. It's good to be chipping away at the entrenched centrists even if you aren't successful.

Same reason I keep telling people I know who live in deep red states to go out and vote even though they don't have a real shot at changing things. The more you can eat away at the margins the more things will change over time.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

got any sevens posted:

you know the end of The World's End, when a cornetto wrapper drifts by in the breeze? we can live without ice cream, we can't live if co2 rises too much

We also can't live without farming food for us to eat

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

logikv9 posted:

There is a reason for his "free" college bill and his press conference with sanders

huh that doesn't sound like Bernie to abandon his ideals to jump in front of a camera

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

We also can't live without farming food for us to eat

it sure is a good thing cavemen waited to climb down from the trees until they invented the tractor

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I like mine making fun of Thoguh for saying that Ossoff losing would actually be a good thing (this was before it happened)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ossoff losing was funny, not necessarily good or bad.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ossoff is a garbage person lol

zergermans defending him is par for the course

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Eh, I'm cool with that. It's good to be chipping away at the entrenched centrists even if you aren't successful.

Same reason I keep telling people I know who live in deep red states to go out and vote even though they don't have a real shot at changing things. The more you can eat away at the margins the more things will change over time.

meh, ill go out and vote for local amd state candidates even if I don't like them but if there a pres candidate thats terrible I'm voting for whatever 3rd party runner has the best name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Ossoff losing was good and showed the Panera strategy for what it was

If we won that seat it would have validated the centrist strategy, holding the seat would do nothing short term in congress, and we would probably lose it again in 2018 anyways when the national Ossoff strategy crashed and burned :lol:

• Locked thread