Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

My parents are morons and took out an old smoke detector to replace it, but didn't throw the old one out. They left the battery in and it died a long (months long) death, beeping at irregular intervals because the battery just didn't have quite enough juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I'm sure the only reason my parents smoke detectors aren't doing this is because they are wired into the wall.

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
Frequently Adam and Drew reference this transsexual man that Adam says was the angriest man he's ever been around, and that he thought a sex change would solve all his problems. Anyone know what the guy's name was, or which year the episode took place in?

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

BrokenCycle posted:

Frequently Adam and Drew reference this transsexual man that Adam says was the angriest man he's ever been around, and that he thought a sex change would solve all his problems. Anyone know what the guy's name was, or which year the episode took place in?
http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=1398

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Was Renee the only guest who Adam kicked out of the studio? I know a few people left but I don't remember him kicking anyone else out. Chumbawumba maybe?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ez posted:

Was Renee the only guest who Adam kicked out of the studio? I know a few people left but I don't remember him kicking anyone else out. Chumbawumba maybe?

I'm pretty sure Fletcher from Pennywise may have been kicked out :v:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
nobody's my hero 'cept fer jesus

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...

Thank you.

That wasn't nearly as funny as I was expecting.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The 2001-02-18 Temptation Island episode is probably one of the most surprisingly delightful guest episodes. I avoided this episode on replays because usually reality show guests are horrible but by the second break the guest was telling a story of how he used to gently caress a mattress.

Wonderful episode.

Dr. Jack Griffin
Apr 6, 2006

A few times over the course of the show Adam and Drew have talked about what I believe they eluded to as "Adam Carolla Syndrome" or possibly "Leg Lock Syndrome". Something to the effect of Adam having trouble orgasming during his younger years without flexing and 'locking' his leg muscles. I know at one point he described how he remedied it, saying that he would masturbate in that position, and once it was time for orgasm he would jump up, and complete the job while standing.

I've been searching the comments on lovelinetapes, but it's a ridiculously specific thing I'm looking for. Anyone have any memories of these discussions?

Dr. Jack Griffin fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 8, 2013

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

What was the episode where some dude was keeping his jizz in coke bottles under his bed? Was it a comeback '09 episode? Did it exist?

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
8-29-1999 is a can't miss episode, in a vein that's different from most "can't miss episodes."

Adam's drugged up on Vicodin (although probably not as far gone as Drew seems to suggest), and it's compounded by being one of those full moon jacked up, non-compliant callers night, culminating with 17 year old Michelle in the first hour who is probably the most legit sociopath I've heard on the show. After asking Drew is Oleander tea would be a painless way to commit suicide, she giggles as she describes her to apparently successfully frame her stepmother for attempted murder, because she's a "bitch." One of the most unsettling callers I've heard, and I've heard Head-Pulling Kenneth and the Dog Fucker

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Michelle probably has 5-6 kids now.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

WDIIA posted:

8-29-1999 is a can't miss episode, in a vein that's different from most "can't miss episodes."

Adam's drugged up on Vicodin (although probably not as far gone as Drew seems to suggest), and it's compounded by being one of those full moon jacked up, non-compliant callers night, culminating with 17 year old Michelle in the first hour who is probably the most legit sociopath I've heard on the show. After asking Drew is Oleander tea would be a painless way to commit suicide, she giggles as she describes her to apparently successfully frame her stepmother for attempted murder, because she's a "bitch." One of the most unsettling callers I've heard, and I've heard Head-Pulling Kenneth and the Dog Fucker

Reminds me of the March 28, 2004 episode with Jena Malone. Some woman called bragging about how she got her husband arrested by hitting herself and telling the cops the bruises were from her husband.

Speaking of Jena Malone, is she the youngest guest to appear on Loveline? She had just turned 17 five days before her November 26, 2001 appearance with Shiri Appleby. I don't count the Columbine kids because that was a special circumstance.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Jubs posted:

Reminds me of the March 28, 2004 episode with Jena Malone. Some woman called bragging about how she got her husband arrested by hitting herself and telling the cops the bruises were from her husband.

Speaking of Jena Malone, is she the youngest guest to appear on Loveline? She had just turned 17 five days before her November 26, 2001 appearance with Shiri Appleby. I don't count the Columbine kids because that was a special circumstance.

The closest I can think of is Kelly Osborne but I think she was 18, if I'm doing the math right.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Jubs posted:

I remember Dr Drew mentioning Hanson being on, as well as Seth Green when he was very young.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
The 2/12/1996 ep, has Joey Dupalo sit in the whole show, he was what 13-14?

Dr. Lariat fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 14, 2013

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Anyone ever hear that episode with Minka? I had never heard of her but apparently she's a really popular Asian Big Boob Queen. I forget how popular, but it was #2 or #3 I think. Anyways, pretty good episode, check it out if you get the chance. She was a tennis player before that, and she said she still plays tennis when she gets the chance.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Why you need so many condom?
You buy for fren?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Riptor posted:

Why you need so many condom?
You buy for fren?

No I-I-I'm horny...

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

little munchkin posted:

Anyone ever hear that episode with Minka? I had never heard of her but apparently she's a really popular Asian Big Boob Queen. I forget how popular, but it was #2 or #3 I think. Anyways, pretty good episode, check it out if you get the chance. She was a tennis player before that, and she said she still plays tennis when she gets the chance.

I never listened to that episode but I remember it because Adam talked about her for years afterward. I guess she made quite the impression.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ror posted:

I never listened to that episode but I remember it because Adam talked about her for years afterward. I guess she made quite the impression.

Really? I don't recall Adam bringing her up much.

Hormones
May 9, 2009

FCKGW posted:

Really? I don't recall Adam bringing her up much.

What? He was obsessed with her for years.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Hormones posted:

What? He was obsessed with her for years.

Adam really doesn't like bringing up anything he's talked about before. He wouldn't have mentioned Minka much.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I know :thejoke: but I'm listening to the period right now between where Adam ran into Minka at the strip club and the episode where they got her into the studio and geez louise he really lays it on thick. To be fair it's mainly because people call in and request it night after night which gets him going for 5-10 minutes every time.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

~Coxy posted:

I know :thejoke: but I'm listening to the period right now between where Adam ran into Minka at the strip club and the episode where they got her into the studio and geez louise he really lays it on thick. To be fair it's mainly because people call in and request it night after night which gets him going for 5-10 minutes every time.

Still better than the podcast!! (I'm still subscribed)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I still listen to the Adam and Drew Show podcast and it really disappoints me when he won't let Dr. Drew interject momentarily because then it just turns into another clone of his main show.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

~Coxy posted:

I still listen to the Adam and Drew Show podcast and it really disappoints me when he won't let Dr. Drew interject momentarily because then it just turns into another clone of his main show.

Listen to the Dr Drew podcast instead. Its "actually" good!

Hormones
May 9, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Adam really doesn't like bringing up anything he's talked about before. He wouldn't have mentioned Minka much.

I see what you've done, here. Heh.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Who is numba one?

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Don't play tennis no more.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
http://vimeo.com/13290757

I'm just going to leave this here...

Good god, Adam raps at the end.

Brekelefuw fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 28, 2013

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
Apparently all new episodes are going to be released as on ITunes and PodcastOne/LovelineShow.com.

Now I don't have to record the show anymore on TuneIn Radio. :)

number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day
Did I imagine this or was there a caller who was a true mosaic hermaphrodite who drove a truck?

Hormones
May 9, 2009

number one pta fan posted:

Did I imagine this or was there a caller who was a true mosaic hermaphrodite who drove a truck?

There was! Eric/Erica! She called in a few times over the last couple of years and the first few times she was Eric but as far as I know the last time she was presenting as a woman and going by (I think) Erica. When he was presenting as Eric he was on Loveline as a guest in 2010 too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlEa4k7SJ1w

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Adam singing Jigsaw at 1:15:30 is the best thing I've heard in the archives so far: http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=2817&h=YmZhOGYwNWI

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
human being better run

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Drew, please.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
You're fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA

I love it when David Alan Grier is belching loudly and Adam responds with "Drew, please!". It gets me every time.

• Locked thread