Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Steve Vader posted:

I can't bring myself to buy 2k16 even though I now have an XBone, because if I can't put in authentic theme music for Koko B Ware, Brutus Beefcake, Honky Tonk Man and the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers, I will not feel whole.

PC master race.

Also, the last-gen versions have custom themes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

1st AD posted:

PC master race.

For real this game is so much better with Kane's dumbass 2005 theme and Miracle

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Diddums posted:

Did 2k ever release a way to delete downloaded logos? I've got a lot cluttering up my list from caws that I deleted but can't find a way to get rid of the logos.

You will only get the prompt to delete logos if you try to download something after you hit the limit.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 29, 2016

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

1st AD posted:

PC master race.

Also, the last-gen versions have custom themes.

I have 2k14 and played it a lot, and the custom themes were a pain in the rear end to set up and didn't always work right, and the 360 didn't always recognize the tracks I tried to rip.

It's possible my computer is way too old now and needs an update. But playing a wrestling game on a laptop seems not so fun.

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014

remusclaw posted:

You will only get the prompt to delete logos if you try to download something after you hit the limit.

What a weird way to manage that. Thanks for the answer.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
All of last year's HOF class, including celebrity induction Arnold Schwarzenegger made the cut for 2k16. It stands to reason that new Celebrity HOF inductee Snoop Dogg will make the cut for 2k17. If this happens, does this make 2k17 an unofficial Def Jam sequel?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

only if he appears as Crow which he wouldnt be

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

only if he appears as Crow which he wouldnt be

Well Crow died so I mean

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

quote:

Mar 30: Auto Booker

As a companion piece to the existing Assistant Booker, players now also have access to a full Auto Booker. This will create an entire show based upon the same code (with only mild alterations) that the AI uses when putting together its shows. This can be used for players who, for example, don't wish to book 'B' shows or have two TV shows a week and want to hand one off to the AI. The shows, once booked, can be edited by the player as they would if they'd booked it themselves, or can simply be re-run through the Auto Booker to create an entirely new one.

Mar 30: AI Angles Upgrade

In previous games the AI was limited to using three people per angles. This has now been expanded to six, allowing, for example, tag teams to interact properly.

Mar 30: AI Tournament Events

In previous games if a show had a tournament in it then that's all the AI would book. It can now put extra matches on to fill out the show if it's a small tournament. If the tournament is for a midcard title the AI is now smart enough to choose to put something else as the main event, having the finals in the semi-final spot instead, saving the show from potentially getting a bad grade.

Mar 30: AI Morale Impact

In previous games morale changes were only created for events in human-led companies. This has now been altered so that AI companies can create them too.

Mar 30: More AI Turnover

The AI now has increased turnover when it comes to midcard deadwood, increasing the dynamic nature of the game world and giving lower level wrestlers more of a chance of moving up the card in a natural fashion.

Mar 30: More Varied Reign Lengths

In previous games AI title reign lengths were quite static, always being in or around the same number of defences. More variety has now been added, with an emphasis on good champions reigning longer.

Mar 30: Better AI Expansion Planning

The AI that governs how companies go about gradually expanding has been enhanced to be more realistic, with companies now being more proactive about growth.

Mar 30: AI Loops

The AI has now been upgraded to be smarter about planning tours. This goes all the way from regional companies making more stops outside their home region to help grow to larger companies doing more realistic international tours where they stay in a foreign company for a few dates in a row. National tours, especially in the US, are also more geographically sensible in terms of what order the regions are visited.

Mar 30: More Mixed AI Booking

In previous games the AI would primarily book people of the same level of push together; this has been altered so that it can throw in more mixed pairings, for example to give squash matches. This makes AI booking more realistic.

Mar 30: AI Disposition Handling

The way that the AI handles turning people has been upgraded, with it only happening during shows now too. This includes smarter turning of tag teams.

Mar 30: AI Six Man Booking

In previous games six man teams were booked as if three individuals. This has been enhanced so that the AI will try and book it more as one individual and a tag team when appropriate. This makes AI booking more realistic.

Mar 30: More AI Angles

To mimic reality and human booking more closely, the AI will now use far more angles when booking, if appropriate. They can also use the same worker in more than one segment.

Mar 30: AI Booking Skill

The AI head booker's bookoing skill is now far more impactful, actively helping or hindering the match ratings and angles that he runs. This can lead to great bookers actively enhancing companies and leading them to glory, or bad bookers taking a promotion down.

Mar 30: Assistant Booking By Division

By request, the assistant booker can now take divisions into account.

Mar 30: Worker Profile Quick Jump
Mar 30: Company Profile Quick Jump

Both worker and company profiles now include a quick jump feature that allows you to 'jump' to see someone else's profile without having to close the window and find that person \ company in a list.

Mar 30: Employment Quick Tab

A fifth quick tab, Employment, has been added to all worker screens. It shows the worker's estimated value, whether they will negotiate with the user, and any relationships that exist with members of the user's existing roster. This is far more user friendly and takes a lot of guesswork and clicking away

Mar 30: Mask Log Enhancements

The existing mask history log has now been enhanced to include both unmaskings and head shavings and also notes who, if anybody, the mask or hair was lost to.

Mar 30: Victor Displays Mask Log

In previous games the log of mask changes was only referenced in the loser's profile; this has been altered so that the winner also shows them.

Mar 30: Preset Mask Log

Mod makers can now preset mask and hair histories to be displayed in a worker's title history section.

A ton of AI changes here

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

That's all tight as hell but part of me is going to miss all the needless guesswork that made TEWs of the past so special

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
i'm way too lazy to book multiple shows a week so this might get me into TEW for a while now

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah, ditto. I feel I am much more likely to keep going on a game if I can start with a vaguely well-assembled show and tweak it to my liking vs staring at all those blanks.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Also good for role playing as Vince.

"Here's a detailed script for tonight's show."
"I'm changing EVERYTHING!" *flex*

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

quote:

Mar 31: Halls Of Fame

Companies now have the option of having a custom Hall Of Fame for their most successful alumni. This works like the Hall Of Immortals except that the criteria to get inducted is much easier, with even some successful midcarders having a shot at getting in, and the scope being wider - whereas the HOI is for wrestlers only, the HOF is open to owners, head bookers, announcers, and referees too. Being in the HOF is almost entirely cosmetic, but is a nice extra feature. The HOF can be viewed via a company's profile (or via the office if the player is running the company). HOF inductions are also listed in a worker's title history.

Mar 31: Hall Of Fame Overview

The website has a link to a HOF overview that lists the current standings for all companies; this removes the need to visit each HOF individually.

Mar 31: Hall Of Fame Induction

The user has the option of both forcefully adding someone to a HOF, irrespective of merit, or forcing through anybody who has earned it but has yet to be inducted. As the HOF is primarily cosmetic, the user also has the option of adding people to other companies HOF if he wants to - this allows the player to recognise workers who were key to a company but may not have hit the criteria for whatever reason (for example, a worker like Jake Roberts who didn't win any titles but would clearly be a WWF\E Hall Of Famer - although the AI wouldn't induct him, the player could rectify that manually with ease).

Mar 31: Free Picture Criteria

An additional set of criteria have been added to the Free Pictures section, allowing them to be subdivided by looks, athleticism, etc.

Mar 31: Last Booked Reminder

On the booking screen there is now a 'last booked' reminder, making it easier for the player to book.

Mar 31: Learning The Ropes

There is now a limit on how much psychology a worker can learn on his own; to reach the higher levels it is imperative that they work with veterans in order to learn. This adds to the challenge of booking and also adds more realism.

Mar 31: Expanded Hiring Preferences

Owners now have expanded hiring preferences, allowing them to bias towards workers with great physiques, for example.

Mar 31: Announcers Affect Angles

In previous games announcers did not impact on angle ratings; now they do.

Mar 31: Event Location Settings

Events can now be 'locked' to take place in certain areas or regions.

Mar 31: Name & Picture Narratives

New narratives have been added that allow workers (name, short name and picture), companies (name, initials, logo, banner) and broadcasters (name and logo) to be altered mid-game.

Mar 31: Enhanced Founding Dates

Company founding dates can now be done with 'not before' and 'not after' controls, giving the mod maker a finer degree of control.

Mar 31: Pre Set Morale

Morale can now be preset via the editor.

Mar 31: Popularity Absorbing

When taking over a company there is now the option for the buyer to absorb the popularity of the victim as they are essentially taking over their fan base.

Mar 31: Pre Set Absences

Starting absences can be preset via the editor.

Mar 31: Movie Stars

Workers can now be set to be movie stars; if they are, they will occasionally go and film movies. This affects their popularity and contract expectations.

Mar 31: Mentor Tips

Mentors can now give their proteges tips, such as how to work better as a heel. This happens backstage and gives a small boost to the protege.

Mar 31: MMA Hiatus

Workers can now be set as MMA fighters and will take an occasional hiatus to train and fight. Their success of failure can impact their popularity.

Mar 31: Colour Commentary Skill

There is now a dedicated colour commentary stat. This makes the game more realistic and intuitive.

Mar 31: Pre Set Power 500

Previous Power 500 rankings can now be preset via the editor.

Mar 31: Models
Mar 31: Bodybuilders

To be more realistic, models and bodybuilders are two new backgrounds that generated workers can have.

Mar 31: Personal Finance

Potential owners now have a personal finance stat that lists their wealth; this plays into their investments into a company.

Mar 31: Worker Refuses To Sign

To add a new twist to hirings, some workers may refuse to join a company if someone they hate is on the roster.

Mar 31: Day By Day Finances

In previous games a lot of financial items were calculated at the end of the month only; to be more realistic, almost all items are now calculated daily to make them easier to understand.

Mar 31: Data Dump

From the Options menu there is now the option of 'dumping' the current database into a custom MDB file that isn't password protected and has all the different variables and fields given appropriate names to make it easy to read. This allows those who like to play with databases the chance to fiddle around with reports and other features without running the risk of corrupting anything or having to wade through data that is obscure.

Mar 31: Advertising Impacters

If a company experiences \ does something that would get their advertisers nervous then this is noted; revenue may be reduced until the drama passes. This allows shameful events to have a very real effect on a company's finances.

Mar 31: Game Region Breakdown

To clarify things for users, the game world screen now specifies exactly how each region does in terms of spillover and what the exact amount is. This can be useful for planning expansions.

Mar 31: Affairs

Workers can now have affairs, with appropriate consequences if they get caught.

Mar 31: Loyalty Improvement

Loyal wrestlers now give slightly higher value to exclusive contract offers from companies that they already work for (unless there's a reason not to, like morale). This means that anyone trying to steal them has to add a little more to their offer, simulating the impact of their loyalty without making them unsignable.

Mar 31: Importable Narratives

Narratives can now be imported, which was previously unavailable.

Mar 31: Pre Set Starting Loans

Workers can be preset to start the game on loan via the editor.

Mar 31: Website Mail & Decisions

The website now has handy quick link to a worker's e-mail and decisions screens, eliminating some clicking.

Mar 31: Musicians

Workers can now be set to be well known musicians. If this is the case then they will sometimes go off on tour, much like movie stars and filming.

Mar 31: Global Morale

In previous games morale was linked only to the player who caused it (or experienced it); it has now been switched to be global, to make things more realistic. This stops workers magically forgetting all their frustrations and unhappiness just because someone new took charge.

Mar 31: Top Workers

The website now contains a subsection where workers can be viewed in terms of worldwide or area-by-area popularity.

Mar 31: Auto Bio Fill

The editor now features an auto fill button that allows the bio to be filled in immediately using the new organic bio feature. This helps save mod makers time.

Mar 31: Dynamic External Relationships

In previous games a worker's external relationship was static; it has now been made dynamic so they can date, get engaged, marry, etc.

Mar 31: Tour Days Reset

The days that an AI company tours on are now reset between tours, replacing the old system where they were fixed forever. This makes for a more dynamic game world and stops smaller companies that share workers either always losing or always avoiding losing people dependent on their own schedule.

Mar 31: Pre Set TV Announcers

Specific announcer teams can now be preset for specific TV shows.

Mar 31: Property Of Benefits

If owned by a media group or broadcaster, a company now benefits by having much easier Minimum Quality requirements when dealing with their parent for broadcasting contracts.

Mar 31: Attendance Gradient

Attendances are now calculated on a gradient rather than stepped, relating to the company's popularity. This is more realistic.

Mar 31: Sponsorship Gradient

Sponsorship money is now calculated on a gradient rather than stepped, meaning that as a company rises or falls in popularity they can expect their income to move in relation. This is more realistic and makes financial planning easier.

Mar 31: Bankruptcy Leniency

New companies now get extra leniency from bankruptcy; the extra time gives them a chance to establish themselves and leads to less companies having a very short lifespan.

Mar 31: Daily Contract Payments

Instead of written deals being paid in a lump sum at the end of the month, they are now paid daily instead. This makes the system far more accurate as a worker who joins or leaves midway through a month does not gain or lose a substantial amount of money that they shouldn't have. This also makes finances a lot clearer for the player.

Mar 31: Regional Industry Effects

In previous games the industry effects were only calculated in relation to the region the event was being held in. This has been altered so that each region covered is calculated separately.

Mar 31: Booker Stability

In previous games the AI head booker could only really lose his job is the company fell in size. Under the new system, a long period of inertia can result in him deciding to move on. This is more realistic and opens up more jobs for the human players as well as making the game world more dynamic.

I assume that this is probably the last day of the diary so it's mostly a bunch of smaller things that were just thrown into a big update. Still though, you can make your own personal hall of fame!

edit: farkkkk, just announce the release date already and hopefully the demo comes out with the next fortnight.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 31, 2016

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
drat, I'm shocked by all of these updates. Ryland seemingly has fixed every problem I have had with past versions of TEW that's kept me out. I cannot wait to buy this game and turn WWE into a NJPW style format. Daniel Bryan; KING Of THE JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHTS!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Yeah, if all of this stuff actually works this game is going to be amazing.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

So I can just basically be Vince in this game and let the booker do the boring work and just chime in to PUSH YAMATO DAMNIT or whatever? Might get this if so.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I love most of the changes that are going into 2016 (except for the 'young workers who are pushed in large companies get attitude problems' change, but I can respect that).
The only thing I want that I haven't seen is an improved 'Creative Meeting' scouting report where I don't have to spend 20 minutes removing people's pushes just so I can see how all my young workers rank.

I am chomping at the bit to do a January '91 WCW run, so I hope it comes out sooner rather than later.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
With the new musician feature, I can finally live out my dream of a promotion where the upper card is comprised of Steely Dan members

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

ChrisBTY posted:

I love most of the changes that are going into 2016 (except for the 'young workers who are pushed in large companies get attitude problems' change, but I can respect that).
The only thing I want that I haven't seen is an improved 'Creative Meeting' scouting report where I don't have to spend 20 minutes removing people's pushes just so I can see how all my young workers rank.

I am chomping at the bit to do a January '91 WCW run, so I hope it comes out sooner rather than later.

I might have imagined it but I'm almost certain that there was an update that the creative meeting was being changed

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

For my final fight in career mode on UFC 2, it matched me up against a CAF with roughly 70 stand up while I had 100 stand up.

He refused to touch gloves so I knocked him on his rear end 12 times in round one before he finally slept off of one of the knockdowns. Unholy retribution.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I want to give Vince the "scumbag owner" tag then just sim for a couple of years and see what happens.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Huge price drop on EA UFC 2 already. Pick it up if you don't have it already. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B017V6Y2ZE/34a6-20

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I was thinking of putting work into adapting the TEW13 mod I used for my on-hiatus "real world" game but all the new stats would make that quite a project. Plus the "refuse a contract cuz they hate someone on the roster" thing is going to make contract renegotiation a nightmare. Either Paul Heyman goes or everybody else in management goes

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I was just thinking about how I hated how finances were handled in previous TEW games. I'm glad he looked into fixing it!

Edit: There are degrees of "hate", so hopefully if there's "simmering tension" people can still work together. You just have to hope mod makers take that into account, and use "hate" very sparingly.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 31, 2016

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Basic Chunnel posted:

I was thinking of putting work into adapting the TEW13 mod I used for my on-hiatus "real world" game but all the new stats would make that quite a project. Plus the "refuse a contract cuz they hate someone on the roster" thing is going to make contract renegotiation a nightmare. Either Paul Heyman goes or everybody else in management goes

Yeah. I know there's a mod converter but now that there's a color commentary stat that throws a bit of a wrench into things (among other issues, but I think a wholly new stat is a big issue).
On the other hand, now we don't have weird situations like Goldberg being a potentially amazing CC in the Nov 97 mod.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I might have imagined it but I'm almost certain that there was an update that the creative meeting was being changed

A quick double check seems to indicate that there is a creative meeting change, but the change is that the thresholds for certain categories are relaxed for smaller feds (for example; Scott Taylor isn't a ring general by WWE standards, but he might be in a local sized company).

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 31, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

For my final fight in career mode on UFC 2, it matched me up against a CAF with roughly 70 stand up while I had 100 stand up.

He refused to touch gloves so I knocked him on his rear end 12 times in round one before he finally slept off of one of the knockdowns. Unholy retribution.

On the other hand I got matched up with Valerie Letourneau and knocked her on her rear end 8 times in a round... She won on points because she double-legged me a million times and did gently caress-all while on top.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It started matching me up with 100 in all stats real fighters at one point.
Getting my next fight and seeing a 100 ranked Robbie Lawler was terrifying.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I had an rear end in a top hat deliberately lay-n-pray on me in Ultimate Team because he realised my character has much better standup (got some good body kicks and a 5 star Renan Barao spinning roundhouse). I wouldn't be mad if they'd gone for g&p or subs, but they just took me down and transitioned around forever. Thankfully knocked them out with 20 seconds left in the 5th.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Release Date

The trial \ public beta of TEW2016 will be released on Monday April 25th.

The trial will allow two months of gameplay per save game; i.e. you can start as many save games as you want, but only play two months with each. You can play in any year (so historical mods are eligible to be played) but only in the months of January and February. Save games can be continued with the full version of the game.

The full version of TEW2016 will be released on Monday May 2nd.

In both cases the release will be sometime between 4pm and 10pm GMT. A more accurate time will not be given. If you do not know how GMT relates to your own time zone I would suggest searching for a time conversion website, there are many easily and freely available.

Not going to come out for another month

quote:

Apr 01: Company Figureheads

Each company now has the option of appointing a company figurehead (or 'ace'). This is the face of the company and the central focal point of the promotion's marketing and creative direction.

Finding a strong figurehead can provide a massive boost, but requires long-term planning and a good eye for talent. Good figureheads are very hard to find but can provide such a boost to business that they're worth their weight in gold. This simulates the real-life impact that the WWF had with finding Hogan at exactly the right time, for example.

A bad figurehead will tank business and is generally bad news. Companies don't have to have a figurehead, but going without means that you're not getting any of the potential bonuses. The battle between two big companies who are equally matched could easily be decided by who finds that key figurehead.

The figurehead has lots of specific pros and cons applied to him; for example, he'll be in a much stronger negotiating position and demand more money, and he's easier to keep popular, but he will be far more heavily affected by losses. This can help simulate the meme about Cena always winning; if he is your figurehead you may well find yourself having him win all the time to allow you to keep reaping the benefits of having him be a strong figurehead for you.

This is both a realistic feature and one that can potentially have a major impact on the way the player books, particularly in large organisations.

Apr 01: Merchandise Sales Effect

A top babyface worker may now take into account the drop in merchandise revenue he'd endure if he turned heel. This makes things more interesting as the player may be forced to turn other workers instead in order to keep the star happy, potentially altered booking plans. To stop this being a permenent issue, eventually all workers will relent and agree to turn heel.

Apr 01: Casting Call

When assigning gimmicks the user can now perform a 'casting call', giving him the ability to see all the workers who would particularly suit that gimmick. This is useful if the player has a specific role in mind.

Apr 01: Harder Harmonies

Relationships made creating a harmonious backstage environment too easy in previous games as the user could just stack up proteges and blood relatives. This has been addressed to make the system less abusable.

Apr 01: Product Impacting In-Ring

In previous games a company's product didn't impact the workers' in-ring performances very much, meaning the same workers would get similar ratings regardless of the company they were fighting for. This has now been altered so that the product can have a major impact and some workers will be significantly better or worse in certain companies.

Apr 01: Recent Fortunes Reset

For realism, a successful gimmick change or turn can potentially reset a worker's recent fortunes to simulate his fresh new creative direction.

Apr 01: Extra Product Settings

Extra settings have been added to the product screen, notably being able to ban risky moves or head drops - this impacts the injury rate of the company, at the expense of match ratings.

Apr 01: Judge Finishes

Road agent notes giving MMA-style finishes that go to the judges have been added.

Apr 01: End Storyline Note

There is now a road agent note that allows storylines to be ended in a segment automatically, thus negating the need to visit the storyline screen after to do it manually.

Apr 01: Track Title Prestige

By request, title prestige can be tracked in the same way that a worker's skills can.

Apr 01: Storyline Notifications

Momentum changes from storylines are now either e-mailed to the player or show on-screen.

Apr 01: Storyline Heat Impact

The heat that a storyline has can now influence the ratings of matches and angles that the participants are in.

Apr 01: Flash Pin Upgrade

Flash pins have been altered to be more realistic; they are now specifically about allowing someone to get beat without tanking their heat or momentum the way a 'proper' loss would. The flipside is that there are reduced bonuses for the winner.

Apr 01: Tour Regulars

Companies can now have tour regulars; these are workers who they'll always try to bring in if possible. This list is dynamic.

Apr 01: Contracted For Matches

In previous games workers could be contracts for a specific number of shows; this has now been adjusted to apply to matches instead. This allows workers to appear in angles to promote their matches without running down their contract.

Apr 01: Too Small Note Upgrade

The 'you're too small' note that would stop smaller companies from getting big stars has been relaxed slightly, allowing more scope for out of work stars to resurrect their careers.

Apr 01: Furthered Storylines

In previous games a company was forced to have a minimum number of storylines or they'd get a penalty. This has been adjusted so that the requirement is now to actually further a minimum number per event (rather than them just existing). This forces the player to actually pay more attention to how they're booking and not just lazily dodge the penalties. The number and lowest acceptable heat have also been adjusted to be fairer.

Apr 01: Leaving Off Major Shows

Workers are now smarter about when they complain about being left off major shows. In particular, being left off a season finale or legendary event is a huge sign of disrespect and will annoy anyone, even those who are quite low down. This forces the player to book more realistically and try and fit everyone on certain shows, even if it means stuffing people into a battle royal or turning singles matches into meaningless multi-way bouts, like this coming Sunday.

Apr 01: Toxic Locker Room

If your locker room harmony rating becomes low enough everyone will get a small 'toxic locker room' penalty. This forces the user to start dealing with growing bad situations before they poison everyone.

Apr 01: Losing The Locker Room

If the number of unhappy locker room leaders rises above the number of happy or neutral leaders then the player can 'lose the locker room', causing morale problems. Similarly, having no leaders whatsoever can cause issues too. This adds to the backstage management realism.

Apr 01: Political Feedback

After a show finishes, major players (main events, road agents, etc) can comment on lesser workers, either for better or worse. This can lead to relationship changes.

Apr 01: Sneaky Writtens

In previous games, AI companies who'd just fallen to Cult status often ended up with a booker on a PPA deal because it was almost impossible for them to still have the momentum to 'sneak' a written deal. This has been changed so that important jobs are automatically allowed to sneak a written deal. This leads to more realistic AI behaviour.

Apr 01: Female Role Models

Young, attractive, bubbly babyface females can be eligible to get a bonus to simulate a young female fanbase and being a positive role model to them.

Apr 01: Clique Building

Highly manipulative workers are now able to poison the minds of their friends to turn them against people they dislike, or, form bonds between two or more allies to create a clique.

Apr 01: Isolation Effects

A worker who has lots of enemies and few friends backstage now gets morale hits and may eventually choose to leave. This is another feature that makes managing the locker room more interesting and subtle.

Apr 01: Intimidating Presence

A worker who would otherwise have complained about a booking decision may now choose to keep quiet if the opponent is much tougher than him and decides to intimidate him. This can lead to some workers becoming the user's enforcers of sorts.

Apr 01: Try Out Contracts

A very short contract is automatically considered a 'try out' and this is taken into account during negotiations.

Apr 01: Contract Offer Memory

To make contract negotiations less exploitable, workers now remember all previous offers that they've recieved in the recent pact and will not fall for cheap tactics like being undercut or 'sounded out' by making offers to find the lowest acceptable limit and then exiting the screen and coming back in.

Apr 01: Pulling Ribs

In the locker room controls screen there is now the option for the user to pull ribs on specific workers. This can cause morale changes and impact the locker room atmosphere.

Apr 01: Negative Chemistry Reminder

The game will now pop-up warning messages if you try and book something that would trigger some negative chemistry that you've already discovered. The user can supress these messages if he wants.

Apr 01: Announcer Experience

Announcing teams with high experience are immune to poor chemistry in the same way that highly experienced tag teams are.

Apr 01: Low Level Popularity

Just appearing on shows helps boost worker popularity if the worker in question has virtually none to begin with. This helps get total rookies to at least a usable level pretty quickly.

Apr 01: Momentum In Segments

Significantly high or low momentum now affects segment ratings as it simulates fans being invested \ cold on a worker.

Apr 01: Momentum Complaints

Workers can now complain if their momentum gets too low, potentially leading to morale hits. They can also get pleased from good momentum. This makes roster management more realistic.

Apr 01: Show Grade Calculation

Rather than the penultimate match always being considered the 'secondary main event' figure for show grade calculations, it is now the best rated match (other than the main event). This makes it fairer and more realistic as the user can put his co-main event anywhere on the card, or put a 'calm down' bout before the main event without tanking the rating.

Apr 01: Six Man Team Names

Results will now name six man teams as 'X & Tag Team' where possible rather than just using three shortened names. This is more visually pleasing when reading histories.

Apr 01: Using Stable Names

When the user is booking a match with three or more wrestlers on one side the auto namer will automatically try and use stables names where possible.

Apr 01: Smart Fatigue

The AI is now smarter about using fatigued workers, but will overlook it if it means having them work on critical shows or season finales.

Apr 01: Contract Expiry Change

If a worker leaves due to contract expiry rather than being released it no longer creates the standard six month resigning block due to it not necessarily being a negative event.

Apr 01: Freelancer Improvements

The AI that governs freelancers has been improved, better simulating their tendency to stay with companies only for a short stay.

Apr 01: Improved Title History

A worker's title history list has now been significantly smartened up, with everything organised in a more logical manner and with importance incorporated.

Apr 01: Original Belt Owners

Titles can now be set to have an original (company) owner as well as a current one. In most cases it will be the same, but if a belt has been purchased by another organisation this allows the title to appear in the correct HOF listings.

Apr 01: Narrative AI-Player Split

By request, mod makers can now make specific narratives apply only to companies if they are AI-controlled or only if they're human-controlled if they want to.

Apr 01: Locker Room Leader Search

The user can now search for locker room leaders.

Apr 01: Regional Battle Immunity

After rising in size but still being less than Cult, a company now gets a one month immunity from regional battles; this helps them stabilise rather than yo-yoing.

Apr 01: Being Sent Home

As a new pre-show event, workers can show up who are physically unable to perform and therefore must be sent home. This adds an extra wrinkle to bookings and encourages occasional on-the-fly changes.

Apr 01: Impairment Complaints

Other workers in a match can now complain, and get morale hits, for working with opponents who are too high or drunk to perform properly.

Apr 01: Impairment Via Road Agent

If a worker is so high or drunk that he gets heavily penalised during a match then the road agent will now comment upon it.

Apr 01: Loyalty Change

If a worker goes more than six months without work or gets fired he now loses his loyalty to a specific company.

Apr 01: AI Company Generation

The game now has the ability to create its own companies during gameplay, not just rely on pre-created versions. This allows the game world to continue evolving with companies far longer than otherwise would have been possible.

Here's the final journal entry though which includes Tanahashi mode, Victory Road mode & Bayley mode.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Apr 1, 2016

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
All of those seem like fun, good changes, but that momentum complaint thing feels like it'd be a killer on a small fed.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Looking forward to seeing the changes as Veryslightlymad mentioned I hope momentum complaints factors in fed sizes otherwise smaller feds in theory will be a non stop sea of complaints about low momentum!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Why would you release a bunch of news on April 1st, now I have no idea if any/all of those are pranks

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why would you believe that something that he's been doing for a month straight is suddenly a big joke today only because some idiots decided that Apr.1 is a good day to gently caress around?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Too many websites try to be cute on April 1st and it trained people to disbelieve anything published today

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
None of the things listed would be funny jokes, though.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Veryslightlymad posted:

None of the things listed would be funny jokes, though.

So just like 95% of April fools jokes then..

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

All of those changes sound cool, especially the AI spinning up its own feds. I also like that now small companies can hire retired stars. Can't wait for the demo to come out!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I can hire people I don't like and pull ribs on them constantly until they get mad and isolated and leave the company and the entire time I have Brock Lesnar intimidating them into behaving this is the best game over holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

All of those changes sound cool, especially the AI spinning up its own feds. I also like that now small companies can hire retired stars. Can't wait for the demo to come out!

It's less retired stars and more just name talents that leave a promotion and will refuse to work somewhere which they consider too small for them while also being not quite good enough to make it at a promotion that they'd actually be hired at. So like a midcarder in a national/international would only work in a regional sized company or larger but now they will sign with a small company if they've been out of work long enough.
I assume that they have to be out of work for 6 months since that's when you'd get the story about a worker being frustrated in 2013.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I can hire people I don't like and pull ribs on them constantly until they get mad and isolated and leave the company and the entire time I have Brock Lesnar intimidating them into behaving this is the best game over holy gently caress

I'm so hyped that I can hire Alex Riley and just relentlessly give him poo poo backstage. This is truly the greatest wrestling game of all time