Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
BUT IT REFUSED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fargin Icehole posted:

I played Undertale for like 20 minutes, and while im intrigued, I got a lot of games to play. What the fffuuuck, this looks like a really confusing tribute to me. I think i'll try playing again.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

I got just long enough into Undertale to be intrigued, but I'm worried if I finish it I'll just want to play it again for a different ending.
Never made it out of the Ruins, right? Try to stick it out, the Ruins were made for backers of the kickstarter as a demo like 2 years before the actual game came out. There's a fairly staggering difference in quality, both of gameplay and writing, between the Ruins and entering Snowdin, the area immediately after. Once you meet Sans and Papyrus, the game pretty much never lets up, constantly throwing new things at you. Just remember, it's possible to beat the game without ever using the fight command outside of one fight later on, if you don't want to kill anyone.

There's a podcast hosted by our very own Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus, the Chipod Ironicast(which is also pretty good in itself, shame it's so sparsely produced), where they ran down what they liked about Undertale in the first half hour of it, which I think very eloquently explains what they enjoyed about it without spoiling too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwxwc63SOSc&t=255s

I'd recommend, as well, checking things twice as you go through the game, there's quite a few things that give different remarks the second time. Same goes for the cell phone, you can call up some characters you get the phone numbers of and they will have different dialogue for every single room in the game, and most of it is hilarious. That's all I'll say about it though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Rewinding time just enough for people to hurt themselves over and over was pretty funny.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

HGH posted:

Rewinding time just enough for people to hurt themselves over and over was pretty funny.

Same, but with the train.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Holy poo poo, if you go to see it in person, and get close enough to the capsule, her eyes follow you when you move.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Based on this:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I really like these acoustic covers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Egf_CyycfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pjhyyoluGE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarF06JKANg

Bonus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7WD3sxG8j0

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Goddammit.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/zpFvGjR.jpg

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

HGH posted:

it's weird to see something related to Life is Strange that's funny as opposed to completely soul destroying

game hosed me up, man

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I like this a lot. Part of the fun of Undertale for me was visualizing what's actually happening during battles, because it's super vague, and I think this was along the right lines.

Minorest of Undertale and One Punch Man spoilers.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Is that another Undertale reference? I feel so out of the loop. Should I be playing this game?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
did someone say UNDERTALE?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Here comes Captain Invictus.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Ha-ha, you were expecting Captain Invictus, but it's just me, come to say that Undertale is both fun and good.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Yardbomb posted:

Undertale is both fun and good.

:yeah:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

dumb. posted:

Is that another Undertale reference? I feel so out of the loop. Should I be playing this game?

Early in the game that character asks you if you prefer cinnamon or butterscotch, and follows it up shortly after by asking if you DISLIKE the one you didn't choose.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

dumb. posted:

Yes, it's a short game, about 4-9 hours depending on how much exploring(of the world and mechanics/easter eggs) you do, and once you leave the Ruins it becomes a much better game. It's only ten bucks on steam and has been on a ton of 2015 GOTY lists, it's worth picking up.

Nanomashoes posted:

Here comes Captain Invictus.

undertale spoilers

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Huh

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Captain Invictus posted:

Yes, it's a short game, about 4-9 hours depending on how much exploring(of the world and mechanics/easter eggs) you do, and once you leave the Ruins it becomes a much better game. It's only ten bucks on steam and has been on a ton of 2015 GOTY lists, it's worth picking up.

undertale spoilers

You sold me. You're a good salesman. Saleswoman? Salescaptain.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Diomania's coming for you.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAi0J58SPZg

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Gonna die historic on the Rainbow Road
https://twitter.com/Scty/status/672283574893084672

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Crossposting from the cosplay thread:

Is there a rule of the internet yet that states any kind of rule 63 fanart will become cosplay?

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

spasticColon posted:

Is there a rule of the internet yet that states any kind of rule 63 fanart will become cosplay?

For f's sake stop giving me shyguy boners, you're confusing the hell out of me.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Awesome, but I'm pretty disappointed that the mandatory union break and the line "with legs like these who needs arms!" Weren't included.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

dumb. posted:

For f's sake stop giving me shyguy boners

No.

Hell, have one more.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

spasticColon posted:

I'll raise you one weirder.

Concordat has a new favorite as of 04:10 on Jan 27, 2017

Forti
May 5, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

has been on a ton of 2015 GOTY lists,

Truly a mark of quality

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

wwhy is gman piss #Doritos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Forti posted:

Truly a mark of quality
Generally, yes, being on a lot of people's favorite game lists tends to mean a lot of people enjoyed it

Giantbomb.com had a "list your top 10 of 2015" thing for a few weeks and at the end, undertale had the 6th or 7th most mentions in people's top 10 out of like 2500 people. Really impressive for a one man production ten dollar indie game, especially considering how good a year for games 2015 was.

• Locked thread