Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Idk your pattern seems pretty clear that you bitch, then just do whatever you’re asked to anyway, complete with stern finger waggle and statement that it will never happen again, until it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Idk your pattern seems pretty clear that you bitch, then just do whatever you’re asked to anyway, complete with stern finger waggle and statement that it will never happen again, until it does.

I mean in all fairness to Mustang, this could probably be applied to a majority of the army

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mustang posted:

This S3 CPT is a loving liability holy poo poo. It's absurd that someone with almost a decade in the Army is so awful at their job.

Idiot sent out a timeline after everyone had left that had a hit time the next morning before anyone had checked their email.

He doesn't do anything illegal or unethical and passes APFTs so there's nothing to do about him. The Army is stuck with him until he gets passed over for MAJ.

I think I'm going to call him out about his FRAGORD not having a corresponding OPORD.

He's gonna make LTC.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I bitch and vent here.

The response from the field grades with any and all push back is basically "suck it up", "yeah it sucks but do it anyway" or "you're wrong".

Recently the staff and company command teams unanimously pushed back on something in particular to no effect.

My take away is that the field grades, BN Commander in particular, feel that their judgement is never wrong and that we're just a bunch of babies that can't manage our time.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Thats what being enlisted feels like 24/7

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

To be fair you'll probably get a reprieve when you get PCS orders to attend CGSC at ft Leavenworth. So you have that to look forward to

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

see we keep telling you to get your letters now then contract a serious case of the fuckits until you're demoted to assistant assistant s3 and you're like "Nope"

feeling like you're the goon in the well we're pissing on now

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

I bitch and vent here.

The response from the field grades with any and all push back is basically "suck it up", "yeah it sucks but do it anyway" or "you're wrong".

Recently the staff and company command teams unanimously pushed back on something in particular to no effect.

My take away is that the field grades, BN Commander in particular, feel that their judgement is never wrong and that we're just a bunch of babies that can't manage our time.

You are exactly like the people you bitch about. You may not agree, but the people you bitch about probably don’t think they are the way you describe either.

You’re going career, just admit it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I also need my BN Commander to approve me taking part in the corpate fellowship program but I can't apply for the spring or summer program until the end of the year.

He's already reluctant to approve people as it is due to so many officers getting out, he's definitely not going to sign off on it if I'm in gently caress it mode.

As it is I only do what's required of my job, I don't participate in any of the extra bullshit like all these comepitions and poo poo we seem to have all the time now.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Mustang posted:

As it is I only do what's required of my job, I don't participate in any of the extra bullshit like all these comepitions and poo poo we seem to have all the time now.

Senior leadership will interpret this as a lack of "heart". Your best recourse is malicious compliance and recognizing now that you've become what you despise. Let the hate flow through you.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Good morning, LTC Mustang, sir.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Went to the VA and got an appointment for a primary care doc, then went to express care and told the PA my shoulder is hosed up (it is). She ordered some x rays and says the phys therapy folks will call me plus gave me a bunch of ibuprofen. Time to find out jacked up my arm is!

Hopefully that stuff won’t cost me out of pocket since it’s stuff related to an injury I got overseas...

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 10, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

somebody come up with a new avatar for mustang

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
a big green dick with major rank on it

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Sgt chowdown but it’s a green dildo and he has the rank of LTC

E: I have photoshop what are the allowed dimensions? I’ll make it jumbo sized if you can mod it in.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 10, 2018

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
A Stryker driving off a cliff.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mustang posted:

He's already reluctant to approve people as it is due to so many officers getting out, he's definitely not going to sign off on it if I'm in gently caress it mode.

By you do not understand how this works at all do you? By making yourself actually useful you are making it highly unlikely he’ll sign off on task mustang with dumb poo poo time over to something that actually benefits you. Meanwhile if you become a goofy fuckup that passes every bit of your job back up to him he’ll sign off to just not have to look at you and assign someone else the fuk fuk army poo poo.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Here you go

It will probably need to be resized or possibly optimized but I did all the legwork! :)

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

mother of god

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I have witnessed something truly beautiful today

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

needs text

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Don’t worry sir, I know your job sucks right now, but field grade officer cum tastes way better because they serve fresh pineapple in the officers mess

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The cum is always sweeter on the other side

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This ain't the navy, son. (I'm so jealous of the navy officers)

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Have you considered not attending the Captain’s Career Course?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
As long as the girth goes on my OER, sir...

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
"It's for my resume!"

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It tasted better at JLBM

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Can't wait to be an airborne infantry officer irl.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

spacetoaster posted:

Don't be, the only Navy O's take pride in that dumb Navy mess poo poo are SWOs.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

spacetoaster posted:

The Navy has a fine tradition of making junior personnel literally serve dinner to officers like they're loving butlers during special occasions.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
21 Cum Salute

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://i.imgur.com/1C0lKGU.gifv

av size:

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 11, 2018

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

maffew buildings posted:

The Navy has a fine tradition of making junior personnel literally serve dinner to officers like they're loving butlers during special occasions.

That's not hyperbole if anyone's wondering.

It's literally what happens in a ship's officer's mess.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

That's not hyperbole if anyone's wondering.

It's literally what happens in a ship's officer's mess.

Not special occasions. Daily. The wardroom mess cranks serve food. They also did our laundry.

For non-navy people, almost all junior enlisted on a ship spend some time as a Food Service Assistant (FSA) aka a mess crank. There are three spots you can crank on a small boy: mess decks, chief’s mess, and wardroom. Mess deck cranks clean the main chow hall, help clean the gallery, and clean dishes in the scullery for all three meals in port and underway. Chief’s mess cranks work in the chiefs mess and mainly serve them soda and do their laundry and clean their berthing. Wardroom cranks serve the Os for all three meals underway but only bfast and lunch in port. They do officer laundry as well, but they aren’t responsible for cleaning our staterooms.

There’s shittiness in each spot, but generally speaking cranking in the wardroom is better than the chiefs which is better than the mess decks.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I remember trying to explain to my uncle, a former retired Naval Officer, the difference between Army and Navy and he was dumb founded. He couldn’t get over how my Detachment Sergeant and I shared a room in Afghanistan. It was basically sacrilegious to him.

My dad was also a Navy Officer also, but he went to Vietnam as a boatswains mate with the Mobile Riverine Force before he went to OCS. There wasn’t quite as disparity in understanding. He used to call his older brother a whiny bitch a lot when I was growing up so that might be part of it.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The Seabees only make guys do it like once a year. Glad to know the blue water fleet is further devaluing them daily

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I was seriously considering enlisting for the minimum term in the navy after finishing my 20 in the army. Just to do something interesting.

How dumb am I?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

I was seriously considering enlisting for the minimum term in the navy after finishing my 20 in the army. Just to do something interesting.

How dumb am I?

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I spent some time working in a joint command and made friends with some navy dudes. The stories of port calls and life on a ship seemed really interesting. Also, that navy bases tend to be in nice places too.