Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

also mumble sucks big rear end teamspeak is better for whispering to your friends and making fun of ur dumb fc

you are out your drat mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

also mumble sucks big rear end teamspeak is better for whispering to your friends and making fun of ur dumb fc

Well obviously when you only have like 2

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Imagine writing this terrible opinion out with your own fingers and thinking "this is an acceptable thought process."

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nazgul posted:

Imagine writing this terrible opinion out with your own fingers and thinking "this is an acceptable thought process."

You could have just said, "Imagine being Globby."

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

froody guy posted:

In the meantime in EVE Online... a new time has come.

:frogsiren: Drama o'clock. :frogsiren:

Northern Ireland has the preparations well in hand

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/gallery/2017/jul/12/eleventh-night-bonfires-12-july-belfast-northern-ireland-in-pictures

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

Hey, watch me pull the abuse of executive power out of my hat!

The beacons (and the Irish) are lit!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
mumble is the fat neckbeard of services

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

CainFortea posted:

Yea, well that's dudes making GBS threads on newbies which always deserves ire.

Escobar was the one I was thinking of actually, because half the time zungen just jumped his 12 other carriers over and soloed the drop.

Edit: You can really watch the evolution of the super umbrella by JU- days.

First you had Zungen having a dozen carriers to drop on each other. Then Escobar and some other person who's name escapes me all started doing it together. Then as it became clear that was feasible a bunch of people got into carriers one or two at a time.

Then with the mineral glut after the move to Delve it just moved to supers instead of carriers.

Im a nobody but I brought a super only to drop with Zungen, Ted and all the other dudes in Theta, around Ju-
It was great fun.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
in pre-phoebe we'd go fishing in PL - get an idiot to engage a solo BC/BS with something worth a bit (often idiots in LS with carriers on undocks), and then drop a few nyxes on them

back in 2011-13 it was pretty hard to fight back, as if people got caught even more supers could be scrambled, up to the point of being unengageable

in that post-dominion era when supercaps were niche you could have a lot of fun, and I remember guys like zungen just going on little rampages against shittlers in delve or CE

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Have you tried lighting incense and praying to the Omnissiah?
Wellp, my 2 week "Come back to EVE, here's Omega" is done, and got no reply from anyone about coming back from vacation status Via The Goonfleet Email, and having done the poo poo in the OP.

It has been fun to reminisce y'all. Thanks for reminding me that I don't hate myself this much anymore!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MrDesaude posted:

Wellp, my 2 week "Come back to EVE, here's Omega" is done, and got no reply from anyone about coming back from vacation status Via The Goonfleet Email, and having done the poo poo in the OP.

It has been fun to reminisce y'all. Thanks for reminding me that I don't hate myself this much anymore!
:rolleyes:
You should have logged into Jabber

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

MrDesaude posted:

You need to email them and bug them from my experience. I mean, too late for you maybe, but for anyone else having this problem I had to email like 3 times.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I emailed once, but it wasn’t during the summer when people tend to be on holiday

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

You can still play as an alpha, just with a somewhat limited skillset (and ships).

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

MrDesaude posted:

you need to email newbies@goonfleet.com and/or message Maneck directly. I just kick your deadbeat asses out. I don't get my hands dirty picking through the shitpiles to let you nerds back in.

Maneck: https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=179799

andromache fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 12, 2019

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Bilirubin posted:

join Groon

do this. dont play eve, though

dragondir
May 13, 2014
It has begun boys. The server is going down and darkness is coming.

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

I haven't gone solo hunting since I joined Goonfleetwaffeswarm, but I've loaded out a cloaky blaster Proteus and set a course due east. I won't come back until I'm dead or I know how to say "gently caress Goons" in at least three more languages.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TrickNixon posted:

I haven't gone solo hunting since I joined Goonfleetwaffeswarm, but I've loaded out a cloaky blaster Proteus and set a course due east. I won't come back until I'm dead or I know how to say "gently caress Goons" in at least three more languages.

Good luck! Hopefully there are people even out to target. I have to think (for the first few days at least) most of the PvE people will just not log in.

You have good taste in ships. Proteus is the best in EVE bar none.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

dont forget to plug that nullifier on the rear end of the proteus

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

Mr. Pickles posted:

dont forget to plug that nullifier on the rear end of the proteus

Way ahead of you.

[Blackout Proteus]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Corpum C-Type Energized Explosive Membrane
Damage Control II

Federation Navy 50MN Microwarpdrive
Domination Warp Scrambler
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Expanded Probe Launcher I

Medium Hybrid Ambit Extension II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Proteus Core - Augmented Fusion Reactor
Proteus Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Proteus Offensive - Hybrid Encoding Platform
Proteus Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier

Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Around 900 raw DPS with skills & implants (but not boosters) while overheated, 50k raw EHP, 1600 m/s (also overheated) and it's even cap stable. The only thing I don't like as much is that it has a slowish align due to the plate, but I'd rather have the extra HP and not need it than need it and not have it.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
ah yes the plated nullified proteus..... perfect for forever slow boating towards a 100mn VNI and taking like 60 seconds to align on a gate

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

causticBeet posted:

ah yes the plated nullified proteus..... perfect for forever slow boating towards a 100mn VNI and taking like 60 seconds to align on a gate

Aw, it's not that bad. It's just shy of 10 seconds, so I might be in a small amount of trouble if I run into a gate camp; but they'll have to get pretty lucky. I can also cycle my MWD right after I start moving and then instantly cloak so I'm not where they expect me. It's been a long time, but I used to be pretty elite back in the day.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

andromache posted:

you need to email newbies@goonfleet.com and/or message Maneck directly. I just kick your deadbeat asses out. I don't get my hands dirty picking through the shitpiles to let you nerds back in.

Maneck: https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=179799

I felt bad and figured I must have missed his email. When I checked, no one identifying with that SA account has ever emailed newbies@goonfleet.com.

It's okay though because during my check I did find one guy whose reply email was marked draft. He's in game in corp, so presumably he figured it out himself but all the same sorry that guy! You had a legitimate complaint.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
So zkill is down why?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

So zkill is down why?

zkill and r/eve are down after a petition on reddit asked them for a total blackout

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
It's not down, it's been set to blackout.

Edit: Beaten, damnit :argh:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, that's just precious

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
what I love most is the layers upon layers of salt from every aspect of the game. krabs, to hunters, to the dont even play but just watch others bitch about the game - everyone's affected

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
This is just stupid as hell.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Micromancer posted:

what I love most is the layers upon layers of salt from every aspect of the game. krabs, to hunters, to the dont even play but just watch others bitch about the game - everyone's affected

and then, finally, from CCP, as the DAU count plummets

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Micromancer posted:

In the reaches of w-space, laughter rings through the systems.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

and then, finally, from CCP, as the DAU count plummets

But it'll fix the game, Globby told us so!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Honestly I'm just looking forward to the massive levels of cope people are going to be afflicted with over this change.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This fixes those scary cloaky campers the pubbies bitch about so much, they should be happy!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Um, is r/Eve protesting local going blank to protest or something? The boards closed unless you get invited.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Yes, they're protesting. Amazing how fast their opinion on that changed, isn't it?

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Gearhead posted:

Yes, they're protesting. Amazing how fast their opinion on that changed, isn't it?

it's not a protest it's part of the meme. total blackout.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

And nothing of value was lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
Banks should blackout ccp for the same duration