Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Also I'm glad I'm here too, thank you all for nice words y'all are cool and nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples

^I'm glad you are here too

I understand this word but I don't understand how it is possible in this context. :2bong:

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Dixville

I don't think!
I think if you get too high you feel weird and groggy after. Happened to me back in the days when I did that stuff (weed)
Edit I didn't smoke though i did edibles

Goons Are Gifts

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Also I'm glad I'm here too, thank you all for nice words y'all are cool and nice

love you, pet the medbot for me and post with us whenever you can and feel like it, we will sing a song for you

actually we recently made a lot of actual songs in byob, this is a real danger now

Ass-penny

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Hi I recently almost died in the hospital because of a stupid medication error on the part of the ER and I just wanted to come in and say that even though my hands hurt too much at the time to post much, being able to scroll through the 'yob and see terminal chillness was really comforting when I was up all night alone hooked up to a bunch of machines n poo poo and I love you all a lot <3

Dang! Glad you're ok! Sending good vibes your way.

13Pandora13

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Hi BYOB, we would like to invite you to the Goon Penpal Thread over in Creative Convention. We are also nice and chill, the mail exchange has been around in it's current form since 2011 with years of mailing each other stickers and other cool things. We'd love to have some new Pals! :3: Getting snail mail that isn't bills or political ads is fun and good, especially when you're stuck at home/bored for the COVID sequester. Plus you can support the USPS (who will deliver you awesome stamps like holographic t-rexes and glittery bats if you want). International Goons welcome as well.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

13Pandora13 posted:

Hi BYOB, we would like to invite you to the Goon Penpal Thread over in Creative Convention. We are also nice and chill, the mail exchange has been around in it's current form since 2011 with years of mailing each other stickers and other cool things. We'd love to have some new Pals! :3: Getting snail mail that isn't bills or political ads is fun and good, especially when you're stuck at home/bored for the COVID sequester. Plus you can support the USPS (who will deliver you awesome stamps like holographic t-rexes and glittery bats if you want). International Goons welcome as well.

this sounds like an incredibly byob thread, will check out

alnilam

omg i just got the trex stickers and didn't even realize at first they were freaking HOLOGRAPHIC

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

nut posted:

how does yob feel about common grackles or at least this one that hung out outside my window

There's a couple that sit on the roof next door and talk poo poo to my cat Franklin so they're pretty rad in my book.

alnilam posted:

omg i just got the trex stickers and didn't even realize at first they were freaking HOLOGRAPHIC

SHOW US

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Hi I recently almost died in the hospital because of a stupid medication error on the part of the ER and I just wanted to come in and say that even though my hands hurt too much at the time to post much, being able to scroll through the 'yob and see terminal chillness was really comforting when I was up all night alone hooked up to a bunch of machines n poo poo and I love you all a lot <3

:love: Hello friend, we're glad you're alive and we're glad you're here to hang out with us :love:

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Stoner Sloth

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

:glomp: glad you're alive and hope you're feeling much better soon friend

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Goons Are Gifts

13Pandora13 posted:

woah!! Writing from here to the US costs roughly as much as a private jet, but I want to do it!!

biosterous

i just noticed i got the space cat tag and i'm really happy!!!!!!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

13Pandora13

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

nut posted:

how does yob feel about common grackles or at least this one that hung out outside my window

I love Grackles, they get a bad rap because they love corn and will go to town on a cornfield, but they're really pretty and have big talkative families. These are all from my backyard, I have a large family group (~30) living in the woods:

This dude has a huge tumor:

He's still flying and hopping about just fine but I am worried about him.

Goons Are Great posted:

woah!! Writing from here to the US costs roughly as much as a private jet, but I want to do it!!

You should, not all of the pengoons are in the US, and you don't have to write to everyone (or anyone, really) to get mail!

xcheopis

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I'm glad you're doing better and holy poo poo, that sounds terrifying.

Dixville

I don't think!
I keep starting new threads in gbs. I hope people don't think I'm weird but i like when people respond and go on their own tangents it rules

Shifty Nipples

Those iridescent feathers are cool as heck

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Stoner Sloth

Shifty Nipples posted:

Those iridescent feathers are cool as heck

:birddrugs:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

biosterous

http://psp-tv.com/r/shorts

we thought it was gonna be zorro, but it turns out it's actually "what if batman was a lady and a cowboy and incredibly fuckin rad", come watch

gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

Dang it my "be the other body in grammas house for a few nights" responsibility had an unexpected drawback, I was looking forward the shortsnight

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Brute Squad

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

cross-posted from PI.
i have a house guest for the night

A Mourning Dove made a nest in a hanging planter out front a few weeks back. Or more, maybe. It took us a while to notice her. I went to run an errand after dinner, and got buzzed by a Cooper's Hawk carrying something. He landed in the backyard and it looked like he had gotten mama dove. Checked the front, and mama dove was gone. Checked back a couple hours later, still gone. I hadn't seen the nest unattended in weeks. So between my dad and I, with my vet tech sister on FaceTime, we bodged this together for the night. There's still an unhatched egg in the nest, but given the size of the nestling, I don't think it's viable. We're still watching for mama dove, but if she doesn't show, we're headed to the wild bird sanctuary first thing in the morning.

I knew I shouldn't have thrown out those old red incandescents when I was cleaning out the basement.

biosterous

yeah save the babby!

gallery of sigs

he/him

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Brute Squad posted:

cross-posted from PI.
i have a house guest for the night

A Mourning Dove made a nest in a hanging planter out front a few weeks back. Or more, maybe. It took us a while to notice her. I went to run an errand after dinner, and got buzzed by a Cooper's Hawk carrying something. He landed in the backyard and it looked like he had gotten mama dove. Checked the front, and mama dove was gone. Checked back a couple hours later, still gone. I hadn't seen the nest unattended in weeks. So between my dad and I, with my vet tech sister on FaceTime, we bodged this together for the night. There's still an unhatched egg in the nest, but given the size of the nestling, I don't think it's viable. We're still watching for mama dove, but if she doesn't show, we're headed to the wild bird sanctuary first thing in the morning.

I knew I shouldn't have thrown out those old red incandescents when I was cleaning out the basement.

extremely invested in this. good luck and thank you

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

SeaGoatSupreme
You're doing a good thing brute squad. Any action in such situations is better than no action, red incandescents or not.

Dixville

I don't think!
Yay babby bird! I remember trying to help a baby robin once. I can't remember if it died or got picked up by like animal control or something

SeaGoatSupreme
Two of my dogs brought me to a fledgling Robin last year, they were scared shitless by it so they immediately came to find me.

We gently put it in a box with some towels and brought it to our neighborhood crazy unofficial animal sanctuary lady. She was so, so happy upon hearing how gentle and rad my dogs are that she cried while petting it.

She keeps a family of possums. They are good dogs. I got to wear one like a parrot.

Brute Squad

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

checked on bird. bird is still bird. it blinked at me, so it's still alive. and it pooped recently. getting taken to the sanctuary in 7ish hours.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Dove o' the mornin' to ya

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Paper Lion

im from the wrestle forum. this forum seems nice. it could be good to post here, sometimes. lets be friends

Dixville

I don't think!

Paper Lion posted:

im from the wrestle forum. this forum seems nice. it could be good to post here, sometimes. lets be friends

Hi! I'm mostly from gbs and pyf but started posting here. It has been a good experience :)

Goons Are Gifts

owlhawk911 posted:

extremely invested in this. good luck and thank you

Goons Are Gifts

Paper Lion posted:

Yay!! Hi hello welcome & chat, how's it hanging, what did you have for breakfast and do you have pictures of the crimes your pets committed lately??

Goons Are Gifts

Every new poster in byob makes the day objectively better, it's a law of nature

Stoner Sloth

Paper Lion posted:

hi friend!

and also a big hello to all the other folk who've come to post here from other forums!

it's nice to have you here and we hope you'll feel welcome to stick around and post with us!!

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

Every new poster in byob makes the day objectively better, it's a law of nature

Dixville

I don't think!
Can't sleep. I got more sleep tonight than I have been but I just can't sleep. On the plus side I'm catching up on some neglected threads

Goons Are Gifts

Sorry for neglecting the traveling kitty thread, I completely forgot it moved here :v:
Fresh kitty probes are available there now!

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Paper Lion posted:

Good mango, new friend. I'm from The Yob and welcome you to our fair kingdom

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Paper Lion

Goons Are Great posted:

Yay!! Hi hello welcome & chat, how's it hanging, what did you have for breakfast and do you have pictures of the crimes your pets committed lately??

ive been eating through this loaf i made that tastes like an apple fritter. got big old chunks of apple in it, and spices and stuff. its good

i have no pictures of the crime, but my big orange cat man named macaroni recently went on a tear through the house and obliterated a bunch of cables and cords, and also some potted plants. hes a real bastard, that macaroni

nut

Paper Lion posted:

my big orange cat man named macaroni recently went on a tear through the house and obliterated a bunch of cables and cords, and also some potted plants. hes a real bastard, that macaroni

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville

I don't think!
I'm gonna probe myself so i can't post at work