Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The best part of a Trump nomination would be his secession speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Erebus posted:

Bring out your Jeb!

This is from way back, but, lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Montasque posted:

Trump campaign teaches us how to caucus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thi56OCkduA

It took them a while, but this is a good ad. However, I could see the literacy requirement being a problem.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

This is from pages ago but mods please rename this thread Maple Syrup Can't Melt Steel Beams

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

Rocks posted:

It's less of a snowball fight and more a guy throwing one snowball. Also the clip is literally 1.5s long. Even on snapchat Jeb is low energy

FAUXTON posted:

Is that a motherfucking hearse in the background

Erebus posted:

Bring out your Jeb!

:monocle:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
Looks a lot more like motorcade SUV than a hearse...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hammy posted:

Looks a lot more like motorcade SUV than a hearse...

Yeah, I think it's just a GMC Denali XL. Ugly, but not a hearse.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 17, 2016

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Platystemon posted:

Yeah, I think it's just a GMC Denali XL. Ugly, but not a hearse.

I wonder if the designer realized he just came up with a gas-guzzling version of the munster mobile

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

That old clip of Trump on the morning show talking politics, was he running for office or something? I didn't really think people cared about his politics back then.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

unless God is a family of white people, I think he's mistaken

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

smackfu posted:

That old clip of Trump on the morning show talking politics, was he running for office or something? I didn't really think people cared about his politics back then.

He was running for the Reform Party.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

blue squares posted:

unless God is a family of white people,

For those who believe in a just world, signs point toward the being the case.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/688760655189544960

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

http://www.theonion.com/article/area-man-passionate-defender-of-what-he-imagines-c-2849

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

High energy, just like Trump. Jeb! supporters are down there in Florida where it is probably 70 and sunny today.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Cruz could've easily deflected the New York Values thing when it was brought up at the debate by just saying "I was saying he's liberal". Instead he hemmed and hawed about "We all know what New York Values means..." while smirking for like a minute before getting to his point. Uh no we don't dude and that response just sounds like you're telling people from New York to gently caress off. If you're running for president you really shouldn't tell your future constituents to gently caress off even if you don't think they'll vote for you (see Romney, Mitt).

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Reposting your own tweets to get attention is rather bad form.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

If there's anything heartwarming about this picture, it is the fact that they're not wearing helmets. :angel:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

If there's anything heartwarming about this picture, it is the fact that they're not wearing helmets. :angel:

Live free or die!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

god damnit Bush, don't you know one of the first rules of canpaigning?

Children don't vote, so don't waste time on pandering to them when you could gladhand eligable voters.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

who do these people support? bush?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Vegetable posted:

who do these people support? bush?

Anyone except for Cruz and Rubio, clearly.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hail Hydra

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Thump! posted:

Anyone except for Cruz and Rubio, clearly.
I had misread it, thought they were going with the extreme "two born-in-the-US parents" interpretation which would disqualify Trump

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Vegetable posted:

I had misread it, thought they were going with the extreme "two born-in-the-US parents" interpretation which would disqualify Trump

Trump's mother became a citizen four months before he was born, but I wonder if those guys know that or if the "she was from Scotland" attack would work.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

so the second amendment is my right to be photographed with a lovely rifle and define the term natural born citizen

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Pumroy posted:

so the second amendment is my right to be photographed with a lovely rifle and define the term natural born citizen

Your 2nd amendment right is your constitutional right that guarantees all others. If Americans can elect unnatural citizens like Cruz to President, what's there to say that anything else in the constitution is valid and that the 2nd amendment won't be re-interpreted to apply to militias only?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Joementum posted:

Trump's mother became a citizen four months before he was born, but I wonder if those guys know that or if the "she was from Scotland" attack would work.

So what you’re saying is that she definitely wasn’t an American citizen at the time of his conception.

Trump: the original anchor baby.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Platystemon posted:

So what you’re saying is that she definitely wasn’t an American citizen at the time of his conception.

We go by citizenship at birth, not at conception. Who do you think we are, Germany?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i could have been there when humans hunted the mammoth, or lived side by side with neanderthals, or i could have read the lost tablets of gilgamesh, or watched the river people burn the bronze age civilizations or crossed the alps with hannibal or any other touchstones of human history but right here, right now, i'm watching a sentient wax dummy from the magical lands of canada burn all bridges, not just the ones behind him but those that lay before him and i am goddamn fascinated

Good god, poetic as poo poo ITT

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

John Kasich tells Newsmax - once he gets wrecked in New Hampshire he's throwing in the towel. He claims not to want to angle for a VP slot.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Do It Once Right posted:

John Kasich tells Newsmax - once he gets wrecked in New Hampshire he's throwing in the towel. He claims not to want to angle for a VP slot.

Gotta leave the race before you get trounced in your home state. It's one of the greatest reasons why sitting electeds should run for higher offices.

Question is, will Bush leave before he gets trounced in Florida, or is Veto Corleonne's ego too big to care?

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Dumb question for people who know about constitutional law than me: what would be required to settle the Natural Born Citizen issue? Wouldn't it require a Constitutional amendment? The lawyer in Texas is making it sound like he wants to bring his lawsuit to the Supreme Court to settle the issue once and for all, but is it in the Supreme Court's purview to review vague Constitutional language*, and what exactly could they do to that effect?

*that is to say, in and of itself, rather than how it relates to federal law

quadrophrenic fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 17, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Heads up, the people behind Game Change are doing a new show on Showtime which premiers tonight at 8PM

quote:

Come one, come all to THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE GREATEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH. This documentary series pulls back the curtain on the 2016 presidential race, revealing the intense, inspiring and infuriating stories behind the headlines. Key characters and events from the individual campaigns are presented in real time, as they are happening. Produced in cooperation with Bloomberg Politics, THE CIRCUS is a non-partisan, never-before-attempted take on what promises to be one of the most fascinating and consequential elections in modern history.

http://www.sho.com/sho/video/titles/43419/the-circus-tease

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Platystemon posted:

I don't know why I wrote "months", actually. She became a citizen four years before he was born. Good point though!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

quadrophrenic posted:

Dumb question for people who know about constitutional law than me: what would be required to settle the Natural Born Citizen issue? Wouldn't it require a Constitutional amendment? The lawyer in Texas is making it sound like he wants to bring his lawsuit to the Supreme Court to settle the issue once and for all, but is it in the Supreme Court's purview to review vague Constitutional language, and what exactly could they do to that effect?

Congress could pass a resolution to settle it.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Joementum posted:

how does that work though? is there any precedent to Congress passing resolutions that say "oh this bit in the constitution should ACTUALLY say this"?

Kinda curious about the mechanics of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Could the Senate pass a resolution on their own to settle the issue?

'Sorry, Ted, if you were as smart as you think you are you woulda realized that we determine whether you're eligable for office.'

• Locked thread