Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Give it 10-15 years and Trump will be remembered fondly while the republicans run a rotting corpse that screams racial slurs through a speaker crammed in its mouth. The corpse will beat the democrats' Zuckerberg/Physical Manifestation of the Color Gray ticket of 2032.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

donald wasn't afraid to let you know what he thought. i long for the days of his presidency, which was respectable, unlike this chaos under the leadership of Shrieking White-Hot Ball of Rage

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

If corporations are people, why can't they run for president?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

bloom posted:

Give it 10-15 years and Trump will be remembered fondly while the republicans run a rotting corpse that screams racial slurs through a speaker crammed in its mouth. The corpse will beat the democrats' Zuckerberg/Physical Manifestation of the Color Gray ticket of 2032.

Democrats, 2020: Here's our revised plan for affordable healthcare, livable wages, and free money for everyone.

Republicans, 2020: We have a pig with a swastika tattoo that we've trained to fart on babies.

*REPUBLICANS WIN IN A LANDSLIDE*

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
https://theintercept.com/2017/10/25/trump-inauguration-protest-j20-trial/

quote:

Wood and eight others are being charged for their alleged involvement in what prosecutors are describing as a riot on the morning of January 20, hours before Trump was sworn in at on the Capitol steps. All nine defendants face up to 70 years in prison.

The case’s outcome could set a precedent that would affect all of the over 200 remaining defendants awaiting trial for the “J20″ protests who face the same strict maximum sentence.

The conflation of the protesters as a whole with the alleged violent acts of a few in the crowd — represented in the indictment as six broken windows — is worrying to Menefee-Libby. It would be a “radical departure” from a basic understanding of the law, Menefee-Libby said, if the government prosecutes people solely for their proximity to criminality.

uhh so you guys might want to hurry up with those guillotines.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

bloom posted:

https://theintercept.com/2017/10/25/trump-inauguration-protest-j20-trial/

uhh so you guys might want to hurry up with those guillotines.

uh yeah

6 broken windows = 70 years prison

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Serious answer to stupid question because I get really sick of people misrepresenting the personhood of corporations.

Corporations are legally people in that they have rights to own property and not have it seized by the government, free speech, and to not have to quarter soldiers in their offices. This did not start with Citizens United; the idea that corporations are legally people pre-dates the United States. And this is an important legal concept because it means that the president can't just send in the army to smash up the presses of the New York Times because they printed something he doesn't like. It's why Trump cannot just say, "The government now owns all of Manhattan and I sell it to myself for this basket of shiny necklaces." Corporate personhood is a super important thing for a free press and a functioning economy.

But just because corporations have the many of the same legal rights as people doesn't actually make them people, so no running for office, no getting a vote, and no thirteenth amendment protections against being owned by several million people holding a small piece of them.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

uh yeah

6 broken windows = 70 years prison

But actively destroying the lives of the people who voted you into office = They actually pray to God thanking you for existing

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

Democrats, 2020: Here's our revised plan for slightly less expensive healthcare, wages that are unlivable but a little higher than they were so don't complain you uppity poors,, and free money for technocrats.

Republicans, 2020: We have a pig with a swastika tattoo that we've trained to fart on babies.

*REPUBLICANS WIN IN A LANDSLIDE*

sorry for being rude just had to edit a lil bit

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Corporations are legally people in that they have rights to ... free speech

You forgot to mention that "free speech" equals money donated to politicians who have the power to accomplish what those companies are legally restricted from doing.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
LOL clinton was gonna go down in history as the first female president but was robbed by a retard who got fewer votes. shes gonna run again no doubt LOL i cant imagine how salty she is LOL yeah i can she wrote a book about it LOL tho i havent read it cus LOL

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm listening to the president of the united states ramble on like a big retard after walking off his helicopter and i'm howling my balls off right now.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Wait a while, they'll get to that

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I welcome President AI overlord 0359.b

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

my new dog posted:

LOL clinton was gonna go down in history as the first female president but was robbed by a retard who got fewer votes. shes gonna run again no doubt LOL i cant imagine how salty she is LOL yeah i can she wrote a book about it LOL tho i havent read it cus LOL
":qq: LOSING TO A LITERAL RETARD WAS EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT BUT MINE :qq:" -hillary

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

The blood stains fade as they get older.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
President Screaming Man in Cowboy Hat Who Won't Tell Us His Name

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol we literally elected a fat, mentally ill old man as president lmao

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kumo posted:

jfc these post-election "safari" pieces are loving poo poo for two reasons:

1. They miss the point entirely. They call it a "safari" for gently caress's sake, the implication being that "flyover country" (5th paragraph) is full of animals, or some sort of "anthropological journeys" (8th paragraph) by "researchers". The entire exercise denigrates people who aren't Coasters. You're not trying to learn some political truism about your fellow american, you're a scared tourist trying to assuage your own feelings of fear, isolation & vulnerability on your terms.

It’s a rich persons safari so there’s poaching involved , so it’s a pretty accurate term

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

go for it, let's get Literally Hitler to run, it's the next logical step for the Republican party

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

President Big Mouth Billy Bass which has been altered to say either "Immigrants are bad", "Lower taxes!", or "Why aren't we talking about men's rights, did you know that many men are falsely accused of rape every year?".

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuturePastNow posted:

go for it, let's get Literally Hitler to run, it's the next logical step for the Republican party

maybe a nazi party is what it takes to break up the two party system

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

A Fancy Hat posted:

President Big Mouth Billy Bass which has been altered to say either "Immigrants are bad", "Lower taxes!", or "Why aren't we talking about men's rights, did you know that many men are falsely accused of rape every year?".

"i voted for president big mouth billy bass because he understands what its like to be a blue collar guy."

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

old beast lunatic posted:

I'm listening to the president of the united states ramble on like a big retard after walking off his helicopter and i'm howling my balls off right now.

https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/923232202179121152

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

So we're like a decade away from the Remembering Reagan comic being updated for dubya.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Isn’t this how Stockholm syndrome works?

quote:

Typically, Stockholm syndrome develops in captives when they engage in "face-to-face contact" with their captors, as well as when captors make captives doubt the likelihood of their survival by aggressively terrorizing them into "helpless, powerless, and submissive" states. This enables captors to appear to be nice people when captors perform acts of kindness on, or fail to "beat, abuse, or rape the victims".

Scary! fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 25, 2017

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Random Stranger posted:

Serious answer to stupid question because I get really sick of people misrepresenting the personhood of corporations.

Corporations are legally people in that they have rights to own property and not have it seized by the government, free speech, and to not have to quarter soldiers in their offices. This did not start with Citizens United; the idea that corporations are legally people pre-dates the United States. And this is an important legal concept because it means that the president can't just send in the army to smash up the presses of the New York Times because they printed something he doesn't like. It's why Trump cannot just say, "The government now owns all of Manhattan and I sell it to myself for this basket of shiny necklaces." Corporate personhood is a super important thing for a free press and a functioning economy.

But just because corporations have the many of the same legal rights as people doesn't actually make them people, so no running for office, no getting a vote, and no thirteenth amendment protections against being owned by several million people holding a small piece of them.

they also now have deeply held religious convictions

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

the press made him grab all those pussies

daggum FAKE NEWS!!!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

World War Mammories posted:

sorry for being rude just had to edit a lil bit

Well someone's an uppity poor :smugbert:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I think I like this CBS WH press person

https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/923234100231667712

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

lol, wtf? No, the US is the only country on earth where corporations are "people". They are treated as juridical persons/legal entities in the rest of the world. Countries with modern constitutions don't sit around and debate wheter the chicken scratch in some moldy old scroll means that Ronald McDonald can or can not refuse to quarter soldiers in the guest toilet.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/923237367594577922

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/923240865031696384

Did President Retard just call one of his memories one of the great memories of all time? lmao

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Trump just took a fresh opportunity to call that widow bitch a liar and to brag about how awesome his electoral college victory was, lololol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

This is that overton window I've heard so much about, correct?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I don't even get the "deeply held religious belief" bullshit. Who cares how deeply you believe in something? It should not be protected like age, sex, race are. You don't get to choose those things, but you sure as hell get to choose whatever backwater dumbshit beliefs you have.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Flesh Forge posted:

Trump just took a fresh opportunity to call that widow bitch a liar and to brag about how awesome his electoral college victory was, lololol

Wow I bet the Support Are Troops party will be furious that the sitting president is getting into a flamewar with the widow of a dead soldier lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Don't worry, she's black :jerkbag:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

This is just sad and pathetic. What a needy whiny bitch.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hahahah he thinks that WE don't know you can buy your way into an Ivy League "college."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/923237380026494976

look at the way the sun shines through his hair