Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

That was cool because he not only beat Daley standing up, but had Daley shooting for takedowns. Then he retired on the advice of a singer when he was just about to be brought into the UFC.

He also split a pair of fights with Hendo, and was the only middleweight to beat Hendo in PRIDE. Hendo hit him with the big right in the first fight and he folds in half like he got shot but immediately starts working on a leg lock. He was a tough son of a bitch. Also he beat up fatherdog once.

That was back in the day when Hendo was reviled as a boring paper champ while Misaki was the uncrowned king of the middleweight division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I'm glad Misaki retired when he did because can you imagine him trying to fight with Wonderboy or Matt Brown or anyone else remotely good circa-2013?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

1st AD posted:

I'm glad Misaki retired when he did because can you imagine him trying to fight with Wonderboy or Matt Brown or anyone else remotely good circa-2013?

I choose to picture him tko'ing fatherdog

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I haven't heard the story about fatherdog and Misaki

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

colonel_korn posted:

I haven't heard the story about fatherdog and Misaki

He did a couple training camps at Almeida's, and during one of them I was training for an amateur fight, so we did some sparring, during one session of which he dropped me with a body shot. He was very polite about it.

EDIT: It was a very cool experience but doesn't actually make that interesting a story

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Kazuo Misaki via this very forum taught me to hate the greasy cheater Yoshihiro Akiyama and for that I will always be grateful. That fight loving owns.

E: the normally quiet Japanese audience cheering every leg kick Misaki lands like a goddamn soccer match is the best part

Gramps fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 26, 2016

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Anyone watching Combate America on fight pass where a ref just wars a guy out in a submission for 3 or 4 seconds. Luckily the kid woke back up but holy poo poo.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Misaki also crowned himself "Most Lecherous Man In The World" before his Strikeforce fight at the Playboy Mansion where he beat Joe Riggs with his two fists, which were seriously cool moves

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That's the fight where Misaki gets knocked down, pops back up like a fairgrounds game and puts Riggs out, right?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Still slowly working my way through my Fight Pass backlog, gotta give a shout to the main event of Friday's Eurasia Fight Night's card, Akop Stepanyan vs. Vener Galiev. Galiev's 40, the crowd's wild to see him fight, the fight is good, and the solo commentary guy is somehow still very good at making the fight more exciting.

http://www.ufc.tv/video/efn-ufa at the 3:55/235 mark.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Boco_T posted:

Still slowly working my way through my Fight Pass backlog, gotta give a shout to the main event of Friday's Eurasia Fight Night's card, Akop Stepanyan vs. Vener Galiev. Galiev's 40, the crowd's wild to see him fight, the fight is good, and the solo commentary guy is somehow still very good at making the fight more exciting.

http://www.ufc.tv/video/efn-ufa at the 3:55/235 mark.

The Fight Night Russia commentary guy is honestly one of the best parts. That dudes ridiculous.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
The two best things about EFN are the live music performances during intermissions and the lady with seven sons who are all MMA fighters who's in their corner for all their fights and does stuff like pop balloons with throwing knives or perform an elaborate sword dance before their fights.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEt-ja8t_GS/?taken-by=therealdada5000

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lmao holy poo poo

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Jesus Christ

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
what a worrior

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, I can believe that dude died twice.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
for all the haters out there who think i shouldn't fight here's a picture of me dead from light sparring. the comeback begins.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
#BacktoWorkBybDawgFightIsUpNxt #DatPart #yougottaloveit #fightLife #worldwide #gohard#BYB #DAWG #ManWithTheRedMohawk#Emmy #ImDopeInRealLife#HouseHoldName #OnDeck #TheBigFist #Perrine#God

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/725734860900458496

lol

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Shawn Jordan and Lorenzo Hood signed by WSOF, last I heard Hood was signed by bellator then tore his patella while warming up for his fight, guess bellator cut ties with him

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

:laffo: at his itty bitty titty I feel like it almost needs nsfw tags.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Congrats to Fabio for passing the eye test

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He might as well seeing as there's no testing.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i wonder if he's actually being serious or if it's "well since there's no testing i'm going to do it: that's right folks, i'm going to take dhea [winks to camera, which zooms out and reveal his head has been grafted onto vitor's body]" because anything but the latter will be a disappointment

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i wonder if he's actually being serious or if it's "well since there's no testing i'm going to do it: that's right folks, i'm going to take dhea [winks to camera, which zooms out and reveal his head has been grafted onto vitor's body]" because anything but the latter will be a disappointment

i wouldnt trust someone who said they werent going to test me to actually not test me so hes clearly looking for an excuse to do it. so i think he will do every PED under the sun and maybe that thing where gay men inject 2lbs of silicone into their balls for good measure

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Aside from the fact Misaki had two of the best fights ever with Jorge Santiago of all people, his fight with Akiyama still has the best atmosphere you'll ever see in a fight. The entrances were such a contrast

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hqoqb

how come misaki gets to bring a pimp to the ring

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

where gay men inject 2lbs of silicone into their balls for good measure

is this why you can no longer ride a bike?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

attackmole posted:

how come misaki gets to bring a pimp to the ring

that's gono and if you weren't around for pride then he had a cool fight with a very young tamdan mccrory back in the day

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

origami posted:

is this why you can no longer ride a bike?

I still ride a bike

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

I still ride a bike

this leads me to the other half of the equation: how big are your balls?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Is it important to gay men or men in general that they literally have huge balls or at least a luscious ball bag?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Did he put a little motor in his bike? Sure. But you must understand something: my son has weird little balls and it's hard for him to go up hills because of them.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this leads me to the other half of the equation: how big are your balls?

2lbs but theyre squished flat at the bottom like toffee apples

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I bet Lance had big ones if he got so much better/faster after just losing the weight of one of them.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that's gono and if you weren't around for pride then he had a cool fight with a very young tamdan mccrory back in the day

I think this was the fight where Rogan kept talking about how Gono wasn't throwing kicks properly and not getting any power behind them, and Gono sassed him about it a few months later when he found out.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I'm now also reminded of the time he got mauled by Big Tan Dan twice in the same fight

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

origami posted:

I bet Lance had big ones if he got so much better/faster after just losing the weight of one of them.

The one with cancer was the size of an orange, apparently. He was so focused to training that he never thought to get it checked out.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Whos ready to stream some wacky Eurasia Fight Nights at work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

The one with cancer was the size of an orange, apparently. He was so focused to training that he never thought to get it checked out.

Jesus - say what you want about his morals but that was guy was a winner