Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

You see those warriors from Elsweyr? They've got barbed dicks. Barbed. Dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Cats have barbed dicks so it makes sense. Why do Argonians have tits though?

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

I’m going to start this game this weekend, now that WoW is what it is.

Are there any deals happening at the moment?

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Also, my favourite aspects of the TES games were using bows and thievery. I want to pvp as well so I’ll join EP, is there a race and class combo I should pick?

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Nightblades arguably make the best thief/assassin sorts (the only class with an on-demand temporary invisibility) and make liberal use of the bow coupled with dual wield or a two hander in a stamina build setup. Ta-da!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
can i get an invite @holyshoot316

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
When you try to screenshot a great room in a fellow goon's house

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Pivo posted:

Cats have barbed dicks so it makes sense. Why do Argonians have tits though?

In universe answer: Because Argonians are weird ...things created by the Hist (the ancient, sentient trees of Blackmarsh) wanting something to match the elves and humans. They didn't come into being naturally, and have physical qualities of different animals (they breathe underwater with a small set of gills). Drinking Hist sap physically alters Argonians, as well, including being able to change their gender.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Decided to jump back on this for some chill times in cat-land. Can someone drop an invite to @Vgorilla3774?

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I just wish the quests weren't so brain dead easy, and also that quest instancing sucks if you are trying to duo with a friend :|

sensitivepigeon
Dec 4, 2016

I'M SENSITIVE ABOUT IT, OK?

valuum posted:

When you try to screenshot a great room in a fellow goon's house

Sorry >.< Thanks for coming to check it out!

That's my Hideaway and that's me! @ Sensitive_Pigeon's primary if anyone is interested!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Schubalts posted:

In universe answer: Because Argonians are weird ...things created by the Hist (the ancient, sentient trees of Blackmarsh) wanting something to match the elves and humans. They didn't come into being naturally, and have physical qualities of different animals (they breathe underwater with a small set of gills). Drinking Hist sap physically alters Argonians, as well, including being able to change their gender.

God drat it, now I'm thinking about that super sad Murkmire quest and my day is ruined.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
The Elder Scrolls Online: Let's Talk About Cat Dicks

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Let's not. Take that poo poo to Riften zone chat you degenerates.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Scyantific posted:

Let's not. Take that poo poo to Riften zone chat you degenerates.

Boooooooo

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I bounce on and off this game every so often. I just recently beat morrowind the 3rd elder scrolls( not the xpac for this game) and was hankering for some more elder scrolls. So I gave this game another try and I think I know what my problem is.

This game is like a pig in a dress. It's a pretty cute pig in a nice dress but I know that this game is not an elder scrolls game.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Tenzarin posted:

I know that this game is not an elder scrolls game.

It is somewhat competently put together?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

I bounce on and off this game every so often. I just recently beat morrowind the 3rd elder scrolls( not the xpac for this game) and was hankering for some more elder scrolls. So I gave this game another try and I think I know what my problem is.

This game is like a pig in a dress. It's a pretty cute pig in a nice dress but I know that this game is not an elder scrolls game.

Depends on what you mean by that. If you're looking for a janky Bethesda open world game where you hoard pillows and pretty much just ignore the rest of the game they tried to design, then no - this is definitely not that.

If you want to play a theme-park game set in the Elder Scrolls universe/lore, then this is that game. Probably the best version of that game you can reasonably expect at this point.

I agree they're very different things, but I think there's room for both.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It sure is more of an Elder Scrolls game than it was at launch, I can tell you that much.

Quaan
Aug 15, 2001
Can I get an invite please as well? @logrus3093

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
My invite must've gotten lost in the mail, pls resend :( @meatballer

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Figured I'd give this a try again, heard it got improved a bit.

I logged back on to a level 43 character I haven't played in five years and I have no clue what the gently caress I'm doing. Should I just restart?

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Wouldn't hurt. Once you learn the game (doesn't take long) you'll have two levelled classes you can play.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I've decided to give this game another go. If anyone wants an invite to the EU goon guild hit me up.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Do goons still roll mostly on the EB Pact or are there guilds on the other factions now?

Do the factions even matter besides pvp? I see all kinds of players everywhere so

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 13, 2019

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

From my newbie experience factions seem to only matter for PVP now.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Is goon PvP still a thing? I remember it being fun back when the game came out.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

TulliusCicero posted:

Do goons still roll mostly on the EB Pact or are there guilds on the other factions now?

Do the factions even matter besides pvp? I see all kinds of players everywhere so

Terces posted:

From my newbie experience factions seem to only matter for PVP now.
Correct. Faction now only matters in PVP, so you can go anywhere and do anything with anyone else everywhere else.

Also we have goon presence on both EP and DC, for the most part. Really just depends on the night and the map.

Protocol7 posted:

Is goon PvP still a thing? I remember it being fun back when the game came out.
Yes, kinda, mostly. We run regularly (though we haven't been as much lately) and it is still cool and good when we're not getting hosed by zergs.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I've apparently decided to re-install and play this game again. It's been quite some time, the last time I played was Morrowind I think?

Are the multi year old links to character builds in the OP still reasonably valid? I tend to start over every time I come back because I forget how to play. :v:

I appear to still be in the crafting guilds, but not in the main guild (NA), so if someone would like to drop me an invite @GuntherMT I would appreciate it.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

I've apparently decided to re-install and play this game again. It's been quite some time, the last time I played was Morrowind I think?

Are the multi year old links to character builds in the OP still reasonably valid? I tend to start over every time I come back because I forget how to play. :v:

I appear to still be in the crafting guilds, but not in the main guild (NA), so if someone would like to drop me an invite @GuntherMT I would appreciate it.

I’ve been heading to Altcast HQ for character builds (including necromancer builds). He’s very endgame and top 1% focused, but his builds generally do a good job of addressing survivability, too, if you’re looking for solo potential.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

VanillaGorilla posted:

I’ve been heading to Altcast HQ for character builds (including necromancer builds). He’s very endgame and top 1% focused, but his builds generally do a good job of addressing survivability, too, if you’re looking for solo potential.

Thanks. Found (or re-found) that site after I posted and since I decided to go with a magika sorcerer this time around will be reading his guides on that.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

It's more of an Elder Scrolls game than Fallout 76 is a Fallout game, and that's good enough for me!!

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Catsworth posted:

It's more of an Elder Scrolls game than Fallout 76 is a Fallout game, and that's good enough for me!!

They unironically should have just re-skinned ESO for Fallout online. It would have been better received

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Catsworth posted:

Yeah, I have to say this game does do a good job of capturing the Elder Scrolls feel while still being an mmo experience. I kinda like that I can't just save scum a theft gone wrong or something now, and that bounties are actually a thing, but I still feel like I can do Elder Scrolls shenanigans

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

pinkk posted:

My invite must've gotten lost in the mail, pls resend :( @meatballer

Tried to send out an invite, got back an "account not found" error. Send me a mail at @lljkscy so I can add you to the guild.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Thanks for the invite!

Got to level 15 today exploring my way around Summerset Isles which is all new to me. Helped kill (while repeatedly dying) a world boss and one of those things that totally aren't rifts.

cnice
Apr 6, 2017
Can't way to start playing this game again when the expansion launches. Haven't played since it first came out and heard it's a lot better now.

Definitely going to start a new character to experience it all again, think my current character was vet 1 when I stopped.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Anyone play this on PS4 ?

sensitivepigeon
Dec 4, 2016

I'M SENSITIVE ABOUT IT, OK?
Hi -- Does anyone have a tank build for leveling DK? My main focus would be normal leveling via dungeons and tanking quest mobs for the SO. Any recommendation on what leveling sets, abilities, and CP to go with is very highly appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

sensitivepigeon posted:

Hi -- Does anyone have a tank build for leveling DK? My main focus would be normal leveling via dungeons and tanking quest mobs for the SO. Any recommendation on what leveling sets, abilities, and CP to go with is very highly appreciated!

No idea how good they are, but Alcast seems to have guides for pretty much any combination you want to play. I'm using one of his sorcerer guides and while it's got a few things out of date (like the passives on light armor), it's mostly working fine.

There is a 'builds' section which is broken down by PvP or PvE and then by class and then by type (damage dealer/healer/tank) and stam or magika.

alcasthq.com