Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Redvenom posted:

To me Bloodbowl is 100% a tabletop game, all of the online variants are just a pale imitation. Enjoy your leagues you lucky buggers and pour some Ogres for me.

My only complaint with online is that IMO the RNG isn't. It always seems like the game chooses a winner and the other person gets royally hosed with dice rolls.

Triple skulls?
reroll
How about Triple skulls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

berzerkmonkey posted:

My only complaint with online is that IMO the RNG isn't. It always seems like the game chooses a winner and the other person gets royally hosed with dice rolls.

Triple skulls?
reroll
How about Triple skulls?

sounds like blood bowl to me!!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know how big aircraft should be in Epic? The files I'm finding are super giant, like a Thunderhawk that's 12cm long, which seems pretty big.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

Electric Hobo posted:

Does anyone know how big aircraft should be in Epic? The files I'm finding are super giant, like a Thunderhawk that's 12cm long, which seems pretty big.

Honestly, unless you're a true scale weirdo, it doesn't really matter because in 3rd ed and EA they are only on the board for seconds and in Second Ed. you measure to the middle of the base. The newer models, esp Thunderhawks, are larger (12cm sound like it would match the bootleg ones and the one Corvo Lander from Bradley Miniatures) and, in my opinion, get in the way with their size.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Verisimilidude posted:

sounds like blood bowl to me!!

If you don't think triple skulls don't happen all the time, you clearly are not playing with a Big Guy.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

Honestly, unless you're a true scale weirdo, it doesn't really matter because in 3rd ed and EA they are only on the board for seconds and in Second Ed. you measure to the middle of the base. The newer models, esp Thunderhawks, are larger (12cm sound like it would match the bootleg ones and the one Corvo Lander from Bradley Miniatures) and, in my opinion, get in the way with their size.
That's good to know, I guess I'll save some resin, and print them smaller then.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Landers stay on the board until you take off again.

But yeah, size doesn't matter a whole lot - the old TH was a tiny shoebox and is still technically a legal model. IMO, size is going to be a factor in transportation, more than anything. The FW and now AI Thunderbolts look fantastic, but they are far more difficult to transport vs the old metal Thunderbolts because they're like 5 times the size. The FW Thunderhawk is insanely huge (around the 12cm you referenced), and I'm sure the AI version is going to be just as big.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Print it smaller and if anyone says anything just tell them it's a Thundersparrow pattern

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

quote:

Print it smaller and if anyone says anything just tell them to eat your rear end

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

:hmmyes:

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

More seriously though, anybody who's into playing Epic should be cool with pretty much anything, considering getting official GW models is insane in 2021. I'd be shocked if you got anything other than a compliment on a kickass new 3d print.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'd love to get into printing epic scale minis but I don't have a resin printer

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'll consider my options. On one hand, giant aircraft seems annoying to handle, but on the other hand a giant thunderhawk would be cool as hell, and I have a bunch of resin sitting around.

Moola posted:

I'd love to get into printing epic scale minis but I don't have a resin printer
Get one, It pretty neat.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Landers stay on the board until you take off again.

True and I can see a strategy based around using landers to block LOS so that jump troops can leap over and into the opponent's face. So bigger the better.

Crackbone posted:

More seriously though, anybody who's into playing Epic should be cool with pretty much anything, considering getting official GW models is insane in 2021. I'd be shocked if you got anything other than a compliment on a kickass new 3d print.

The models from non-GW are so much better, too. Second edition to 3rd and EA was a huge improvement but the proxies are off the charts for details and range.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

berzerkmonkey posted:

Triple skulls?
reroll
How about Triple skulls?

It's a natural human reaction to not seeing the dice rolled. You know the computer can't be truly random, so you see it as a player with their sleeves rolled down, as it were.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Electric Hobo posted:

Get one, It pretty neat.

Seconding this, it literally opens up a whole world of not-GW stuff to play with (specifically talking about the legit guys who actually make non-IP-infringing minis/vehicles/terrain that are v. good proxies for GW stuff, provided you're not playing in an official GW store or tourney of course)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Seconding this, it literally opens up a whole world of not-GW stuff to play with (specifically talking about the legit guys who actually make non-IP-infringing minis/vehicles/terrain that are v. good proxies for GW stuff, provided you're not playing in an official GW store or tourney of course)

I have a 3D printer, but a PLA one, not a Resin one (preeeeeetty sure Ender 3's can't do resin). What would I need for a setup for a resin printer as far as ventilation/enclosures/ect?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Randalor posted:

I have a 3D printer, but a PLA one, not a Resin one (preeeeeetty sure Ender 3's can't do resin). What would I need for a setup for a resin printer as far as ventilation/enclosures/ect?
It generates a lot of smelly fumes, so you should either run it with some active ventilation, like an airbrush booth, or run it in a separate room that you can air out.
Then you need a respirator, gloves, some way to clean and cure the prints, and you're ready.

We have a thread about all that stuff over here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3959573

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Randalor posted:

Ender 3s definitely can't do resin :v: But! It will be handy for printing out things like terrain pieces, larger vehicles, gaming accessories, etc. The details won't be as nice as those you'd find on a resin print, but still more than serviceable.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:

berzerkmonkey posted:

Triple skulls?
reroll
How about Triple skulls?

Sorry did you say...

Blitz to score with Ogres and win the game
Successful Bonehead
Triple skulls?
Successful loner reroll!
punches the air in relief, rerolls
How about Triple skulls?
Cas roll, dead
Apo
Dead.

My poo poo Ogre life in a nutshell :w00t:

The funny thing being that if that was during a TT game I would laugh until I collapsed. If that was online I would probably rip my hair out and run around like I was on fire. That's why TT is so good in comparison.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I painted some more Lord of the Rings stuff.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Atlas Hugged posted:

I painted some more Lord of the Rings stuff.

Looking good. Seeing LOTR stuff is always nice.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Looking good. Seeing LOTR stuff is always nice.

Thanks. I've been painting a lot more with contrasts, specifically as like a base color, but it results in a final sheen that my old tricks during the varnish stage just can't seem to hide. As a result, the models are slightly shinier than I would like and they stand out from the rest of my Lord of the Rings stuff. It's not that big of a deal, but it irks me.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I don't post in other GW threads and theoretically this could be a Kill Team maybe. It's half of a project I'm working on.

At the end of the day, these are not the best models I've ever painted, but I am really satisfied with the flame work.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I just bought bloodbowl and man I'm not prepared for the model poo poo. Griff Oberwald is headless and I glued the bird he came with as his head and then the helmet on top of that.

Two Lineman have come out normal so far

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

pasaluki posted:

Griff Oberwald is headless and I glued the bird he came with as his head and then the helmet on top of that.

You are obligated to post a picture of this :allears:

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

True and I can see a strategy based around using landers to block LOS so that jump troops can leap over and into the opponent's face. So bigger the better.

The models from non-GW are so much better, too. Second edition to 3rd and EA was a huge improvement but the proxies are off the charts for details and range.

Yeah I've built like 4 Epic armies from 90% proxies in the last year because they just look so good and are so fun to paint up. I don't think GW could ever relaunch Epic as most of their range looks hopelessly out of date compared to the proxies on offer.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
http://imgur.com/gallery/NW6VvmS

Note the shameful amount of glue everywhere.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

pasaluki posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/NW6VvmS

Note the shameful amount of glue everywhere.

Glorious :getin:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

I'm going to homebrew in
Griff (in) Oberwald will now be able to play for Nurgle and has foul appearance and disturbing presence.

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.

pasaluki posted:

I'm going to homebrew in
Griff (in) Oberwald will now be able to play for Nurgle and has foul appearance and disturbing presence.

I'm never going to unsee that.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

If you've never seen a domesticated parrot chilling in a cage chawing down on a KFC drumstick, you've missed a moment of visceral, atavistic, avian terror. That thing's a cannibal lizard and one bite can snap right through your bones...

Polly wanna cracker?
Polly wanna FINGAT!

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

I've managed to make 8 imperials and am starting to get slightly better in that they all have their heads attached and haven't needed a vat of glue.

This is the first GW 'thing' I've bought and have to say the quality/molding/ personality of this set is really nice.

I was worried the feathers on the helmets would be brittle but they arent.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Virtual Russian posted:

Yeah I've built like 4 Epic armies from 90% proxies in the last year because they just look so good and are so fun to paint up. I don't think GW could ever relaunch Epic as most of their range looks hopelessly out of date compared to the proxies on offer.

GW's current mold capabilities make me think they could make insanely good Epic scale stuff now.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They already do.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

They already do.
Yeah, the Titanicus titans are great!

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Electric Hobo posted:

Yeah, the Titanicus titans are great!

Yeah, but I mean infantry/tanks.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crackbone posted:

Yeah, but I mean infantry/tanks.
I know :) It would be pretty sick if they made some new Epic stuff, but I doubt that it would be profitable, so it'll probably never happen.

But I like that the titans can be run as a Mechanicus Legio in NetEA

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i wonder if they'll make aeronautica compatible with titanicus eventually. just add tanks and lil infantry stands and you'd have epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Electric Hobo posted:

I know :) It would be pretty sick if they made some new Epic stuff, but I doubt that it would be profitable, so it'll probably never happen.

Their loose plan is to try and make their way towards Epic by releasing stand alone product lines that can be brought together under an Epic banner if they are successful. Titanicus pays for the titans and much of the scenery. Aeronautica for the flyers. etc.