Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Designing 4 unit teams for arena seems like a waste. 90% of the time you have to swap one of them out for a bonus unit anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Use quick riposte on Sharena imo so you can actually double Lucina, the most popular red in the game. Desperation doesn't really help much.

I actually really regret desperation on my Ryoma. I wish I thought that one through a little more. I picked it to help with mirrors and maybe kill the odd blue here and there but it turned out the blues I cared about had too much def anyway and the reds I care about have enough speed to keep up rip

Ryoma is like the ideal Vantage user tbh, that's what I would look to put on him

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Unfortunately, I only had one Shanna and she was donated to help Nino do her best! Don't have any Karels either.
Don't be in a rush to put something on her that you're not 100% on. Sharena, as is, is pretty good. I'm personally waiting for Lancebreaker 3 to be more available (I feather'd both my Narcians ages ago because I'm a fool).

That being said, I do wish they'd come out with Lunatic versions of the FRobin and Narcian maps. If only for the extra copies of the skill.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 21, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I still hate this lovely arena map with the destroyable walls and no area to move properly

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Andrast posted:

I still hate this lovely arena map with the destroyable walls and no area to move properly

It's less annoying than 2bridge imo.

Also this season's featured units are the 6 new FE7 characters plus Azama, Fir, and Anna.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
They really like Fir for some reason

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
what the gently caress happened to all the effie+hector teams I used to face against instead of this constant stream of ephraim/eirika/blade user/dancer

I upped my BST this week, they should be more common not less

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

what the gently caress happened to all the effie+hector teams I used to face against instead of this constant stream of ephraim/eirika/blade user/dancer

I upped my BST this week, they should be more common not less

Hector has his slot A taken by DC so he'll probably be less common at the top of ladder until 1.2 comes and Fury isn't counted in BST calculations.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Well, I'm gonna have to chose between Ursula or Anna for arena this week I guess. Does Ursula have the stats to be a decent user for Blarblade? Would it be worth mulching 3* Odin to give her that, New Moon and Red Tomebreaker 1?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hate how having breakable walls in a map makes the AI completely unpredictable

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Having a fury and an armor on my team shouldn't put me into a bracket where my opponent has fury three on all four of their party members, each of which is at least 40+2 (and the Nino is 40+6)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Having a fury and an armor on my team shouldn't put me into a bracket where my opponent has fury three on all four of their party members, each of which is at least 40+2 (and the Nino is 40+6)

Doesn't advanced difficulty match you against team with a higher score total than you?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

Doesn't advanced difficulty match you against team with a higher score total than you?

Yeah but usually by like, ten or twenty points, not fifty

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

cheetah7071 posted:

I hate how having breakable walls in a map makes the AI completely unpredictable

I just had a sheena and effie spend an entire match sitting at the top of the map. Sheena would walk over and buff effie, effie would throw sheena across the map. They did this the whole time I beat the corrinM and robinM to death until I sent nino up to murder them.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well, I'm gonna have to chose between Ursula or Anna for arena this week I guess. Does Ursula have the stats to be a decent user for Blarblade? Would it be worth mulching 3* Odin to give her that, New Moon and Red Tomebreaker 1?
Keep in mind Blarblade will increase the number of actions it takes to charge New Moon. Otherwise, yes. I'd save the SP an forget about the Tomebreaker though.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Roger Explosion posted:

Keep in mind Blarblade will increase the number of actions it takes to charge New Moon. Otherwise, yes. I'd save the SP an forget about the Tomebreaker though.

Right, but Growing Thunder might as well not exist for the purpose of Arena, whereas New Moon might at least occasionally come into play. Is there any reason to not inherit the maximum number of skills when consuming a unit? I still have yet to try it out.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Right, but Growing Thunder might as well not exist for the purpose of Arena, whereas New Moon might at least occasionally come into play. Is there any reason to not inherit the maximum number of skills when consuming a unit? I still have yet to try it out.
Try not to even spend the SP on Growing Thunder, if it's not too late. I guess there's no real reason not to give them three skills. I just don't like having one-off skills as options because I think it's better to save the SP for a full skill tree in the future. The lowest version isn't going to do much anyways. Besides, Ursula wants Blue Tomebreaker. If you give her the same buffs Nino gets, reds are going to get destoryed regardless.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Skip Red Tomebreaker 1 and pass on Moonbow instead, Blarblade Ursula is already gonna ruin any red tomes who look at her funny.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Roger Explosion posted:

Try not to even spend the SP on Growing Thunder, if it's not too late. I guess there's no real reason not to give them three skills. I just don't like having one-off skills as options because I think it's better to save the SP for a full skill tree in the future. The lowest version isn't going to do much anyways. Besides, Ursula wants Blue Tomebreaker. If you give her the same buffs Nino gets, reds are going to get destoryed regardless.

Ursula's still at level 1 so I'm starting completely from scratch.

Philip Rivers posted:

Skip Red Tomebreaker 1 and pass on Moonbow instead, Blarblade Ursula is already gonna ruin any red tomes who look at her funny.

Can't do that with 3* Odin, but I suppose I could spend the 2k feathers to bump him up a rarity first.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tired Moritz posted:

They really like Fir for some reason

Maybe they should've made her worth using then.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Philip Rivers posted:

It's only a three-star Odin, so only New Moon. If you have a 4-star Odin, it's well worth sacrificing him to Ursula.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Even after kneecapping my BST to try to avoid the whale bracket I still get matched up with a 40+10 Nino

April can't come fast enough

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Even after kneecapping my BST to try to avoid the whale bracket I still get matched up with a 40+10 Nino

April can't come fast enough

Nino +10 still has less BST than a normal Hector. If you've ever seen a Hector at any point, you could theoretically see a Nino+10 or Julia+10 instead.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

Ursula's still at level 1 so I'm starting completely from scratch.

Can't do that with 3* Odin, but I suppose I could spend the 2k feathers to bump him up a rarity first.

I think it would be worth 2k feathers, you can easily make double that from a good week in Arena.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Clarste posted:

Nino +10 still has less BST than a normal Hector. If you've ever seen a Hector at any point, you could theoretically see a Nino+10 or Julia+10 instead.

April can't come loving fast enough

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well, as someone who dropped 20k feathers into Ursula, I won't discourage you. New Moon is one of the best skills and Ursula is great at using it and Blarblade. I just know that the game will spit three 4* Odins at you the next pull though.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Well, as someone who dropped 20k feathers into Ursula, I won't discourage you. New Moon is one of the best skills and Ursula is great at using it and Blarblade. I just know that the game will spit three 4* Odins at you the next pull though.

That's awesome tho, Moonbow for 3 more dudes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

You probably can't have too many Odins since Moonbow is a great special for pretty much everybody

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I have five 4* Odins.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I tried using a bunch of low-level units in arena that are also featured and I'm definitely doing this whenever I can. It's great seeing so many others have the same idea.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Clarste posted:

I have five 4* Odins.
Give me your Odins. :argh:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Would it be bad to go the extra mile for blarblade+?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

cheetah7071 posted:

April can't come loving fast enough

April fools! We were joking about that change.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Finally managed to complete the 10th stratum armor quest. The 4x Effie squad worked pretty well.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Would it be bad to go the extra mile for blarblade+?
I don't think Ursula is quite worth that. The few extra Mt points is not worth 20k feathers. It'd be much better just to make her 5-stars. Death Blow 3 is a hellava drug. (Just stay away from that Blarwolf SP sink). Certainly if it's ever possible to roll a 5* Odin, I'll offer him up to the Blue Crow even if it sacrifices a Moonbow, but until then, the regular one works fine. It's strength is not so much the Mt of the tome itself, but rather the damage buffs it allows you to have.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Do we know when we will get rewards for yesterday's event?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Christ I hate the bonus units in arena.

I just want to cut lose with my triangle adept Robin/Swordbreaker Chrom team, but since I have to have Ursula they're benched for the week. Very frustrating.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Christ I hate the bonus units in arena.

I just want to cut lose with my triangle adept Robin/Swordbreaker Chrom team, but since I have to have Ursula they're benched for the week. Very frustrating.

Just get a single deathless/whatever you're happy with run done and then use the team you like. You should design your arena teams with three units in mind for this reason.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think people should plan around 3 person teams so the last filler slot doesn't affect their strategy at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Clarste posted:

I think people should plan around 3 person teams so the last filler slot doesn't affect their strategy at all.

Yeah honestly I thought folks would have figured this out by now seeing as it's 100% non-negotiable to have a focus character on your team.