Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That design can't be canon because Tidus exploded.

Oh you didn't read the rest of that poo poo show? See Yuna has sex with his corpse and then the dead start coming back to life because she can't let Tidus go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yuna's long hair looks nice.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

spoiler they look exactly the same

god nomura is so fuckin lazy

Why would they look different

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Onmi posted:

Oh you didn't read the rest of that poo poo show? See Yuna has sex with his corpse and then the dead start coming back to life because she can't let Tidus go.

Is that the same one where Yuna gets the power to teleport by running really fast? I can never remember which :captainpop: stuff is from the audio drama and which is from the book

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

bentacos posted:

Tidus becomes Jecht and calls his kid a pussy.

Tidus turn your monitor on

X-3 would be legit good and/or an insane trainwreck, so I hope it does get made.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

Huh, that's weird, I feel like there was an entire game about her doing just that. Oh well must be my imagination

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

Huh, that's weird, I feel like there was an entire game about her doing just that. Oh well must be my imagination

that is your imagination because FFX-2 insists on having the canon ending be the one where tidus magically comes back to life instead of just having the normal ending where yuna comes to terms with his death and decides to move on with her life stick

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Help Im Alive posted:

Why would they look different

well you know people generally look older when they get older. they get baggier, with more creases and more grey hairs, even in their 30s vs their 40s. this looks like tidus: one year later, not tidus: twenty years later

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
He's not even a real person. He's a poo-gas ghost. We're lucky he aged at all.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
well how do you explain auron then

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

well how do you explain auron then

He was always an old man in a young persons body. Dude got an angry grandpa soul. Tidus however is a big goober and a sports celebrity who likes to party and hit on chicks. He's gonna be a early 20's ghost forever. He started dressing like his dad to just look older.

Meanwhile Yuna looks like a younger mother who's really trying to chill out after a long wild and crazy sphere hunting phase.

they're pretty good 'Slightly older' designs adn that's how animes usually age until they hit the point where they're grandparents/Master Roshi's.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 15, 2018

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

bentacos posted:

Tidus becomes Jecht and calls his kid a pussy.

...and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
little boy blue and the man on the moon...

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Leal posted:

My brother has wanted to beat ff8, as the disc he used to have way back when would freeze at the spaceport. As SE wants to pretend FF8 doesn't exist, he is lucky that I got a ps3 and a physical copy of FF8 around.

He has played 40 hours this week. He is on disc 2. He farmed Rosetta stones to give 3 GFs ability x4 and auto haste for each of them. :psyduck:

HE FARMED THE D DISTRICT PRISONER FOR ROSETTA STONES

please tell me he at least used this tribute to gaming OCD method to do so.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I unironically think it would be really fun for a team to work on Final Fantasy X-3 to explore turn-based mechanics and they can do their action RPG stuff for the new mainline games

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

This is why I choose to believe the "Bad" ending of X-2 is canon, because then all the bullshit of the audio drama and novel can't exist.

It also just feels like a more emotionally mature ending. Yuna reaching the end of her journey and accepting that Tidus is gone but she's made a new life and new happiness for herself is way better than "just kidding I got my boyfriend back because I believed hard enough yay Yuna always gets what she wants!"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I don't see that with the 100% ending where she goes ahead and shoves Tidus in the water just to see if he would vanish again.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I can't believe people don't want their waifu to find her perfect husbando and live their best life together.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Gologle posted:

I can't believe people don't want their waifu to find her perfect husbando and live their best life together.

Hey, I’m very happy Lightning and Toriyama are living a wonderful life together.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

This is why I choose to believe the "Bad" ending of X-2 is canon, because then all the bullshit of the audio drama and novel can't exist.

It also just feels like a more emotionally mature ending. Yuna reaching the end of her journey and accepting that Tidus is gone but she's made a new life and new happiness for herself is way better than "just kidding I got my boyfriend back because I believed hard enough yay Yuna always gets what she wants!"

Every tales of game gets 190 CD dramas and they're not Canon. It's okay the bad play can't hurt you.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I booted up FFXV today to play the new FFXIV collab quest and discovered they had done a Terra Battle collab as well. And I have to say the TB quest was the superior one. 'Sarah' from TB was pretty likable and came with a bunch of unique attacks and animations including a pair attack where she and Noctis knock each other down :lol: The boss was more entertaining as well. Biggest downside is that it made me think of how the Last Story or Drakengard might look with a FFXV budget, since they share the TB character designer.

Anyway now Noctis is permanently sporting cat ears and a tail with a cute white tip. I'm gonna miss this silly game when the final DLC has been released.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 16, 2018

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
FFXII question:

I'm about 7 hours in, deep into the Barheim Passage after getting Basch into my party. Basch is only temporary right now, but Fran and Balthier are permanent.

My question is, are Fran and Balthier permanent enough to start spending gil on armor and weapon upgrades for them? Because Barheim passage has been kicking my rear end, and I am wondering if I should have bought a lot of gear off of the prisoner in the first area where Basch joins you.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I can't recall the FFXII characters ever splitting up, at least not for long. If you like them, go ahead. You only really have to focus on three characters anyway.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Ok cool. But are you saying that Vaan, Fran, and Balthier don't have to be my core group? As the story progresses I can make it be whomever?

edit: it's been a long while since I played an FF or any jrpg. I guess characters out the rear end for parties is normal. Duh.

Twat McTwatterson fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 16, 2018

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Ok cool. But are you saying that Vaan, Fran, and Balthier don't have to by my core group? As the story progresses I can make it be whomever?

Yes, Vaan's a powerful character but you don't even need to put him in the party the moment you have four party members. You'll have plenty of time tmans money to spend on your choices so don't let that discourage you from using your resources if you're having problems.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
If a character joins you as the fourth guest character, they will leave at some point, but if they join you as a regular party member, they're there for the rest of the game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Leal posted:

I don't see that with the 100% ending where she goes ahead and shoves Tidus in the water just to see if he would vanish again.

"They look like Blitzballs to you?"

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

FF12 Zodiac Age has been fun but god the great crystal upper levels are some of the most tedious poo poo ever

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Twat McTwatterson posted:

FFXII question:

I'm about 7 hours in, deep into the Barheim Passage after getting Basch into my party. Basch is only temporary right now, but Fran and Balthier are permanent.

My question is, are Fran and Balthier permanent enough to start spending gil on armor and weapon upgrades for them? Because Barheim passage has been kicking my rear end, and I am wondering if I should have bought a lot of gear off of the prisoner in the first area where Basch joins you.

As long as a party member doesn't have GUEST written next to their name, they're going to stick around forever.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Renoistic posted:

Yes, Vaan's a powerful character but you don't even need to put him in the party the moment you have four party members. You'll have plenty of time tmans money to spend on your choices so don't let that discourage you from using your resources if you're having problems.

Also "best character for X" in FF12 is only really for edge cases. There's weird arbitrary stuff in attack animation times that gives a tenth of a second here or there, and Basch/Fran have slower speeds with their starting weapons (guns and bows) such that every ~20 attacks someone else would get 21 (and no, this is not normal; most gear acts identically regardless of who it's on. Nobody knows why.), but most charop is things like "Vaan at level 99 has 7 more strength than Fran so clearly you shouldn't have her use swords". This is a game where 7 strength can matter, it's 10% base, but gear's gonna be the main factor and nothing requires that sort of thing. If you want to make Vaan a mage and have Fran run around with a greatsword, have at it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has anyone modded the PC version so the guest slot can be used for another party member?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I recommend always leaving your white mage in the party and rotating characters through the other 2 slots. The white mage will always be over leveled and will almost always be able to keep everyone alive.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Renoistic posted:

I booted up FFXV today to play the new FFXIV collab quest and discovered they had done a Terra Battle collab as well. And I have to say the TB quest was the superior one. 'Sarah' from TB was pretty likable and came with a bunch of unique attacks and animations including a pair attack where she and Noctis knock each other down :lol: The boss was more entertaining as well. Biggest downside is that it made me think of how the Last Story or Drakengard might look with a FFXV budget, since they share the TB character designer.

Anyway now Noctis is permanently sporting cat ears and a tail with a cute white tip. I'm gonna miss this silly game when the final DLC has been released.

How's the collab quest stuff work, like is it a separate menu item or what? I was gonna hold off till the Areanaaenea DLC and the new AMD chips to come out but I'm kind of getting an itch to play this and those collabs might be my excuse.

Noctis is p groovy in Tekken 7 yo

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

teh_Broseph posted:

How's the collab quest stuff work, like is it a separate menu item or what? I was gonna hold off till the Areanaaenea DLC and the new AMD chips to come out but I'm kind of getting an itch to play this and those collabs might be my excuse.

Noctis is p groovy in Tekken 7 yo

They just show up as normal quests after chapter 5 or so. If you have a post-game save they will all still be there. Fair warning, they are really short and nowhere near as developed as the DLC episodes. They're just slightly more involved quests with ending credits.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 17, 2018

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the ff15 season pass is for sale for the fist time ever on ps4. only buy it if you have the base game, the royal edition comes with it. wait for the royal upgrade to go on sale for 7.50 if you have the base game (does not have the SP)

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Relin posted:

the ff15 season pass is for sale for the fist time ever on ps4. only buy it if you have the base game, the royal edition comes with it. wait for the royal upgrade to go on sale for 7.50 if you have the base game (does not have the SP)

Are you saying people with the Base Game should get the Season Pass while it's on sale, and then also get the Royal Upgrade when it eventually goes on sale? I bought the base game and didn't get to play it much, so I don't know what's in these various upgrades/DLCs.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Schwartzcough posted:

Are you saying people with the Base Game should get the Season Pass while it's on sale, and then also get the Royal Upgrade when it eventually goes on sale? I bought the base game and didn't get to play it much, so I don't know what's in these various upgrades/DLCs.

It's made confusing on purpose - there's the base game, the Royal Edition content (extra stuff for the main campaign), and the season pass (a collection of self-contained mini-campaigns where you play as other characters).

The Royal Edition of the game contains all 3 of those, but the Royal Edition Upgrade (for players who already own the base game), does not include the season pass - presumably to confuse people into buying something that they think has the season pass in it even though it doesn't.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tabata appeared on a stream amd talked more about the XV situation
https://twinfinite.net/2018/12/final-fantasy-xv-tabata-jp-games/

"Tabata-san confirmed that he wasn’t laid off by Square Enix, and his retirement was not a result of a soured relationship with the publisher. There is also no relation between the cancellation of the Final Fantasy XV’s DLC and him quitting. He retired on his own due to his own reasons because he’d like to create what he wants and decide his own direction independently"

The remaining team also mentioned it at an event:
https://twitter.com/nonameffxv/status/1074530342147633152?s=19

Mega64
May 23, 2008

quote:

While he wants to make large-scale games, he doesn’t want to hire a lot of people in a single location. Even while he was working on Final Fantasy XV, he wanted to change the way games are developed. In a normal development process when things get busy the workload increases creating issues with personnel availability. While outsourcing is a possibility, that also creates problems scaling up production due to hardware distribution and security. Before leaving Square Enix he was about to move to try a cloud-based system, so he wants to evolve the workflow of making games before he actually makes one.

Glad he learned from SE's incompetence. It's still amazing how he managed to make FF15 into what it ended up, and I hope his next games do well.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Motto posted:

Tabata appeared on a stream amd talked more about the XV situation
https://twinfinite.net/2018/12/final-fantasy-xv-tabata-jp-games/

"Tabata-san confirmed that he wasn’t laid off by Square Enix, and his retirement was not a result of a soured relationship with the publisher. There is also no relation between the cancellation of the Final Fantasy XV’s DLC and him quitting. He retired on his own due to his own reasons because he’d like to create what he wants and decide his own direction independently"

The remaining team also mentioned it at an event:
https://twitter.com/nonameffxv/status/1074530342147633152?s=19

that sucks bad for the dev team, but i guess it was either amputate everything or let FFXV keep getting pumped for increasingly inane DLC episodes indefinitely

still annoyed that neither of the ladies got an episode to themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Ultimania volume 2 arrived from Amazon today - it's 7-9 and I really only bought it for 8, if I do buy vol 3 it'll be solely for 12, etc