Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Let us all join hands and give thanks on this holiest of days. You know who also gave people bread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

bedpan posted:

this is my ufo head cannon. Earth is the one place in the universe where you can get good bread products and that is the literally only single thing that makes the planet special.

Romulan ale, Klingon bloodwine, Earth Wonderbread

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

sharknado slashfic posted:

Let us all join hands and give thanks on this holiest of days. You know who also gave people bread?

me

i bake poo poo for the neighbours all the time

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

honestly love making bread unironically

two cups wheat flour, two cups white, teaspoon of salt, a half teaspoon of sugar in the yeast (i usually do a tsp or two) water, mix, knead a bit, gently caress off and bake six hours later.

You're supposed to let it cool, but on the other hand putting some butter on a hot slice and eating it fresh is so loving goood there are few pleasures as simple

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

They like our bread so much because they're absolute poo poo at baking it themselves

yeast dont rise in zero g

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Riot Bimbo: Enjoys our bread

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

toggle posted:

yeast dont rise in zero g

only because rising would require direction

instead it expands endlessly in all directions consuming all that comes before it into a superintelligent sourdough mass

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

mediaphage posted:

only because rising would require direction

instead it expands endlessly in all directions consuming all that comes before it into a superintelligent sourdough mass

Bread orb

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Gene Wolfe’s green man but it’s just a dude with auto-brewery syndrome

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah maybe theyre not here because they want our bread

theyre here because our bread terrifies them

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Brorb

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I graduated to full levain bread recently and I’m now an artomancer. Just effortlessly whipping up rye breads and pain de campagne

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

mediaphage posted:

yeah maybe theyre not here because they want our bread

theyre here because our bread terrifies them

The concept of flat bread is truly alien and unlocks the potential of sandwich technology. They can't fathom such a thing as their orb sandwiches can't contain fillings between two infinitely small point contacts

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i feel like its a scifi trope that aliens have all sorts of crazy biotech/bioengineering but maybe an alien would come here and be horrified that we slop around in soups of microbes and use them to produce food and medicines

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Gene Wolfe’s green man but it’s just a dude with auto-brewery syndrome

this is the future evolution of mankind

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/stewartschgo/status/1781055224691495389?t=khGOxdCaHcBDbUF8KXDsmg&s=19

Lol, this dude is a tough follow

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

mediaphage posted:

i feel like its a scifi trope that aliens have all sorts of crazy biotech/bioengineering but maybe an alien would come here and be horrified that we slop around in soups of microbes and use them to produce food and medicines

Scornful sexbot, cracking knuckles: "time to bring the PAIN du CAMPAGNE"
*multiple jump signatures detected leaving this sector*

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

https://www.businessinsider.com/nasa-chief-says-secretive-china-hides-military-space-projects-2024-4

I'm all for another space race but did nelson forget that there is already an American flag on the moon

I wonder how long it will be before we have our first lunar military installations set up, with interceptors to destroy other nations rovers/landers. I'll say 25 years :toxx:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

D-Pad posted:

This is a Russian tank in Ukraine with EW equipment haphazardly strapped to the top and it's good enough to stop any drones in the area by knocking out their communication. Anybody telling me the US military doesn't have the ability to easily knock out human made drones over it's most secure airspace is blowing smoke up my rear end.

Like I could maybe see them not want to shoot something down with missiles over that area, but there are lots of capabilities the military currently has that can handle the problem. Additionally, if they were human in origin they would pretty easily be able to track down their origin point considering it wasn't a single flyby and happened repeatedly for a month.

I hear what you're saying but drones can fly preprogrammed routes while recording info internally before proceeding to a designated landing spot. It's not 100% necessary for man-made drones to have an active comm link with an operator, especially if it's bespoke military gear

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Spergin Morlock posted:

I wonder how long it will be before we have our first lunar military installations set up, with interceptors to destroy other nations rovers/landers. I'll say 25 years :toxx:

50 years ago actually lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Spergin Morlock posted:

I hear what you're saying but drones can fly preprogrammed routes while recording info internally before proceeding to a designated landing spot. It's not 100% necessary for man-made drones to have an active comm link with an operator, especially if it's bespoke military gear

Depending on the drone it can fry the circuitry & guidance systems. Hardened military systems that are light weight are pretty expensive (or used to be).

Dunno how they handle it really, maybe slap some tin foil on that bad boy and call it good

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Condorman6/status/1781118402469224545?t=vQZyS6Bin-GNZxqE53Ua4w&s=19

This tracks tbh

Spergin Morlock posted:

Oh for sure, but there are other types of countermeasures as well. There's also always shooting it down. The point is there are multiple options available for disabling or destroying these drones. And any drone that is capable of deploying countermeasures against all of these methods is necessarily going to be large and power hungry which makes it even harder to smuggle here as well as hide its takeoff/retrieval point for a month. It also wouldn't make sense for China to risk their top secret super advanced drones for such an operation. Like either they are riskable and simple which means the military can easily put a stop to it or they are large and incredibly advanced which doesn't make sense to risk and introduces it's own problems as I've already outlined. No matter what road you go down it makes no sense.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/rosscoulthart/status/1781115670765482059?t=LVPEpRS9MbIX8Bn1dAhRrg&s=19

https://twitter.com/rosscoulthart/status/1781118890669748508?t=bDRzpRRX9FjuymHl6QP6nw&s=19

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

[banging my fists on the floor, screaming over and over]:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

why would they release this to the public

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I wonder if someone still has the Italian UFO

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I wonder if someone still has the Italian UFO

It's somewhere in my mom's basement

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Biden shot it down oops

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sleekly posted:

50 years ago actually lol

What is this installations capability

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

D-Pad posted:

https://twitter.com/Condorman6/status/1781118402469224545?t=vQZyS6Bin-GNZxqE53Ua4w&s=19

This tracks tbh

Oh for sure, but there are other types of countermeasures as well. There's also always shooting it down. The point is there are multiple options available for disabling or destroying these drones. And any drone that is capable of deploying countermeasures against all of these methods is necessarily going to be large and power hungry which makes it even harder to smuggle here as well as hide its takeoff/retrieval point for a month. It also wouldn't make sense for China to risk their top secret super advanced drones for such an operation. Like either they are riskable and simple which means the military can easily put a stop to it or they are large and incredibly advanced which doesn't make sense to risk and introduces it's own problems as I've already outlined. No matter what road you go down it makes no sense.

Wouldn't want to have to talk about aliens, that's bad for the election odds

Better start a global war instead

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

genocide joe: don't look jack

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
lol wait hold the gently caress up.

according to Oggi Magazine, whatever the gently caress that is (could be italian weekly world news or some poo poo or it could be mega hard hitting investigations for all I know)
Enrico Fermi, famous nuclear physicist and nuclear mechanics guy w/e, was part of the hands-on alien artifact analysis team while under fasc gov authority in italy
He then gets a nobel prize for his work on physics but doesn't go back to italy, instead goes to america cause italy is too mega racist (eh *"little of this little of that" weighing hand gesture*)
15-20 years later after working with the americans to build a hell weapon of insane power, he came up with and popularized this "paradox" saying no aliens are around or else they would totally have already been here and def weren't

lmao

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/LueElizondo/status/1781135423303029022?t=zU_Ue9QZKttx9m5WXK3EUg&s=19

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/LueElizondo/status/1781142660230553917?t=DOCwlOxe4ejNjW2REGQYaA&s=19

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

lol wait hold the gently caress up.

according to Oggi Magazine, whatever the gently caress that is (could be italian weekly world news or some poo poo or it could be mega hard hitting investigations for all I know)
Enrico Fermi, famous nuclear physicist and nuclear mechanics guy w/e, was part of the hands-on alien artifact analysis team while under fasc gov authority in italy
He then gets a nobel prize for his work on physics but doesn't go back to italy, instead goes to america cause italy is too mega racist (eh *"little of this little of that" weighing hand gesture*)
15-20 years later after working with the americans to build a hell weapon of insane power, he came up with and popularized this "paradox" saying no aliens are around or else they would totally have already been here and def weren't

lmao

mama mia...

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

for the People, by the People, uhh yea ok man

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I asked the government to be transparent and they said no

Guess that's that then

We fought the good fight but they outplayed us, those wily defense dogs

Tighclops