Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

iSimian posted:

Please, oh please, help me solve a very old year old mystery. I think it was around 2004 I saw a music video on MTV. I don't remember the artist or if the song was particularly catchy, but I remember parts of the video. It was a scene with a black lady in a purple dress playing two large conga drums. I think this was projected on a large building in a city. That's all I remember, and no searching has proved successful.

Lamya - Empires
http://youtu.be/WAbvP9GEIsE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

Thank you bud! I can now move forward in life.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Okay, this is a long shot but I don't know where else to turn. I'm trying to remember the name of an act I saw somewhere between 2004 and 2008 at a club up in Fargo, ND. It was a duo, a guy singing on guitar and a woman playing drums. The thing with the drummer though is she did stuff like playing the snare drum she had with a metal chain to get a cool rattle between them. If I remember right, the guy was a blond dude and they hailed from either St Cloud, MN or the Twin Cities. I know they had an album out because I bought it back then but I can't find it. I believe they were billed as just the guy's name too. Does anyone have any idea what I could be or am I probably out of luck?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Banging my head against a wall on this one.

It's the music from the trailer to Far Cry 4, as heard here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9spcPf2Mu8

I'm looking for the artist. I've apparently found every other drat song associated with the game, listed here: http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Far_Cry_4 - not having any luck. Even if it's just Ubisoft's composition, it'd be nice to know that so I don't have to go searching further.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Abugadu posted:

Banging my head against a wall on this one.

It's the music from the trailer to Far Cry 4, as heard here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9spcPf2Mu8

I'm looking for the artist. I've apparently found every other drat song associated with the game, listed here: http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Far_Cry_4 - not having any luck. Even if it's just Ubisoft's composition, it'd be nice to know that so I don't have to go searching further.

It's Top Dogz - Superbad. It's been in about a billion trailers and commercials over the years, so it's definitely not a Ubisoft original.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Erebus posted:

It's Top Dogz - Superbad. It's been in about a billion trailers and commercials over the years, so it's definitely not a Ubisoft original.

thank you so so much.

edit: goddamn following the new rabbit hole I found out that the guy who did the original version of this song also composed the music used as the theme for It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 10, 2015

Serious Sam
Feb 15, 2008

Never underestimate the power of stupid things in large numbers!

Erebus posted:

I'm pretty sure it is, given that "under your spell" is literally in the lyrics of the song you're looking for.

To answer your other question, it was probably made for the movie because it's credited to a company that does music for film and TV.

Oh, thanks!

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
Does anyone know the song in the background in this Vine with a cute little hamster?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I also have a Vine one!

I'm 99% sure it's by Dwele, but try as I might I couldn't find the matching track.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

Fartmaster posted:

Does anyone know the song in the background in this Vine with a cute little hamster?

That really sounds like a Tenori-on to me, although I'm not sure if other keyboards and things share similar sounds. I quickly tried to recreate it using the TNR-i app on my phone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_HLQ_eWPn8

I have a pretty bad ear for matching notes so it's a bit off. I didn't get the 'instrument' exactly correct either (there's like 225 to cycle through). Hopefully close enough to give you the idea though. My guess would be that the person who made the Vine has a Tenori-on / TNR-i or found someone using one online and put it in the background of their video.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

Maybe. Maybe not. This was one guy with an acoustic guitar so the style was really different. And it seemed like there were more famous names listed or something. Also I think there was a chorus. I was going to put in the first post that I didn't think it was David Allen Coe but then I thought "poo poo maybe it is" so I didn't put that so maybe a bit more of that sort of vibe.

It'd probably help if I had an actual memory of it other than just having gotten really wasted on pineapple vodka.

Sounds like it could be Cuntry Boner from Puscifer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJvvxEs1_pE

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SkunkDuster posted:

Sounds like it could be Cuntry Boner from Puscifer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJvvxEs1_pE

This is the one

Thanks

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I don't think I've ever been this far off

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!

Tenterhooks posted:

That really sounds like a Tenori-on to me
Ah yeah I can definitely see it being one of those, never heard of it before though. Thanks for the info!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Okay, I need help finding a song. Tried on my own, but it's increasingly clear I'll need the help of experts. Now, I may not even have enough information to find the specific song, but I think I have enough to find the artist, which will get me close enough to go from there. First, the artist is Japanese, but he's more of a mainstream artist rather than some nerd appeal anime musician, which immediately makes him harder to look up, since most pages about Japanese musicians that are in English are about those niche artists. His name is one of those idiosyncratic stage names that are popular in Japan, rather than his real name, and I'm pretty sure it was in all-caps. He seemed to be a fairly generic pop musician, and by my understanding he'd been active since at least the nineties.

I remember seeing a video for a different one of his singles, and the video had a tiny dude moving around a full-size environment and he, like, fell in love with a doll. I think there was some sort of gimmick, too, like everything looked like paper cutouts, maybe. The specific song I'm looking for is just some schmaltzy love song, a small portion of it keeps getting stuck in my head and usually when part of a melody I don't fully remember gets stuck in my head, it helps to listen to the full thing to get it out, so hopefully this is enough info to at least find the guy, so I can then track down the song I need.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
I'm trying to find a song I heard a few years ago. It was in a TF2 video that seems to have been deleted. I don't remember the lyrics, but I do sort of remember the video for a live/studio performance of it. It's some genre of electronic music and kind of a slower song that builds in intensity.

There was a drummer, a guitarist, a guy working an electronic board of some sorts, and a woman singing. There might have been more but I can't recall. The guy with the electronic board made wubs/other sounds and got into the performance. The drummer used soft mallets on a cymbal now and then. The singer was a guest vocalist on the track, and was wearing sleeves that didn't connect to her shirt. I want to say her hair was green or something. The group members might have been separated by glass walls.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

EclecticTastes posted:

Okay, I need help finding a song. Tried on my own, but it's increasingly clear I'll need the help of experts. Now, I may not even have enough information to find the specific song, but I think I have enough to find the artist, which will get me close enough to go from there. First, the artist is Japanese, but he's more of a mainstream artist rather than some nerd appeal anime musician, which immediately makes him harder to look up, since most pages about Japanese musicians that are in English are about those niche artists. His name is one of those idiosyncratic stage names that are popular in Japan, rather than his real name, and I'm pretty sure it was in all-caps. He seemed to be a fairly generic pop musician, and by my understanding he'd been active since at least the nineties.

I remember seeing a video for a different one of his singles, and the video had a tiny dude moving around a full-size environment and he, like, fell in love with a doll. I think there was some sort of gimmick, too, like everything looked like paper cutouts, maybe. The specific song I'm looking for is just some schmaltzy love song, a small portion of it keeps getting stuck in my head and usually when part of a melody I don't fully remember gets stuck in my head, it helps to listen to the full thing to get it out, so hopefully this is enough info to at least find the guy, so I can then track down the song I need.
The video/song doesn't sound familiar at all, but the description of the singer made me think of Gackt. If not, you could read this great page - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Japanese_male_singers

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Paperhouse posted:

The video/song doesn't sound familiar at all, but the description of the singer made me think of Gackt. If not, you could read this great page - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Japanese_male_singers

It is not Gackt but yes he is more or less the only result Google will give me so apparently you're not super far off. I think the guy I'm looking for's name starts with an H but it's been like five years so it's a little hazy.

EDIT: I should point out, there was nothing even remotely heavy metal about this guy's style, which seems to be the only style that exists among artists in that Wikipedia category, which I exhausted the last time I tried finding the song several months ago.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 15, 2015

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
I found this rad black metal song on Pandora, but stupidly, I forgot to bookmark it before closing the session. I remember that the name was something along the lines of "Sarukiharta" and the band name was, I think, "Moonshadow", but searching for Sarukiharta brings up jack-diddly squat and Moonshadow is flooded with the Cat Stevens song of the same name.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Sordas Volantyr posted:

I found this rad black metal song on Pandora, but stupidly, I forgot to bookmark it before closing the session. I remember that the name was something along the lines of "Sarukiharta" and the band name was, I think, "Moonshadow", but searching for Sarukiharta brings up jack-diddly squat and Moonshadow is flooded with the Cat Stevens song of the same name.

At some point this is just throwing a dart at random metal band names, but was it possibly Moonsorrow - Sankaritarina?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGdbF3cJX8Y

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Erebus posted:

At some point this is just throwing a dart at random metal band names, but was it possibly Moonsorrow - Sankaritarina?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGdbF3cJX8Y

That's the one! Thanks, pal.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

What the hell is the name of that music you always hear in the background of Christmas ads? The mellow one, the one I'd describe as the "santa sneaking music"? It goes like dun-a-dunt-dunt, da-na-na, da-na-na, da-na-na-na-na.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

DStecks posted:

What the hell is the name of that music you always hear in the background of Christmas ads? The mellow one, the one I'd describe as the "santa sneaking music"? It goes like dun-a-dunt-dunt, da-na-na, da-na-na, da-na-na-na-na.

Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rapf3g_XvCc

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Bingo. Thank you!

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I have done some legwork to resolve this on my own to no avail.

I thought the artist was RJD2 but I'm guessing not. The song is kind of slow tempo and light on instruments. I thought the title was "I'm loving Up" but that's not helping either. In any case this is what I think the chorus is like:

I'm going through these changes;
It feels so rough;
I'm...I'm fuckin' up;
I'm...I'm fuckin' up.

DrTempest
Dec 11, 2011

It's not cute. It's all very serious.

FrumpleOrz posted:

Okay, this is a long shot but I don't know where else to turn. I'm trying to remember the name of an act I saw somewhere between 2004 and 2008 at a club up in Fargo, ND. It was a duo, a guy singing on guitar and a woman playing drums. The thing with the drummer though is she did stuff like playing the snare drum she had with a metal chain to get a cool rattle between them. If I remember right, the guy was a blond dude and they hailed from either St Cloud, MN or the Twin Cities. I know they had an album out because I bought it back then but I can't find it. I believe they were billed as just the guy's name too. Does anyone have any idea what I could be or am I probably out of luck?

I have a friend who's big into the local music scene in Fargo. I'll post if I find anything out from him.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This is a long shot, but about a year to year and a half ago, I stumbled on a band's live video on 4chan, either on /int/ or /mu/, don't remember which. The band was a Far East Russian girl punk band and they were doing a hose show of sorts from what I could tell. There was one dude in the audience who was wearing a big beanie and kinda tweaking out. Everyone involved was east asian in appearance, but they were speaking and singing in Russian. I lost the thread before I thought to save it, And have been looking for it since. I remember that the name of the back had some sort of russian profanity in it. Any help finding it would be greatly appreciated.

Masked Pumpkin
May 10, 2008
Am trying to remember a song I saw on YouTube that I really liked - some pretty hard core rock band with I think 50 Cent or Ludacris, with the video preceded by a Mandela quote - I remember the guy in chains before breaking out and beating his way through a wall into the sunlight, very reminiscent of Waters in Comfortably Numb at O2 in 2011. Any ideas?

Masked Pumpkin
May 10, 2008

Masked Pumpkin posted:

Am trying to remember a song I saw on YouTube that I really liked - some pretty hard core rock band with I think 50 Cent or Ludacris, with the video preceded by a Mandela quote - I remember the guy in chains before breaking out and beating his way through a wall into the sunlight, very reminiscent of Waters in Comfortably Numb at O2 in 2011. Any ideas?

Never mind, I found it - turns out it was Within Temptation, with Xzibit - https://youtu.be/awvqIi427_A - worth listening to :)

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Anyone know a song that has some kinda cowboy vibe video, where in the end a woman uses the sun as a gun to melt the bandits?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Geokinesis posted:

Anyone know a song that has some kinda cowboy vibe video, where in the end a woman uses the sun as a gun to melt the bandits?

David Guetta - Lovers On The Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPiW0tkWfeg

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
What is the song playing in the background at this NFL game here?

https://vid.me/V7io

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.
I'm pretty sure this is impossible, but may as well try! At least eight years ago (possibly longer) I was big into some website I can't remember the name of - unsigned (or maybe just small-label) musicians would post their music, entire albums. A significant portion of it was free to get exposure, some of it was 99c (for the album) or maybe a little more. I picked up on Hi-Fidel & DJ Crucial there. But this isn't about them! There was a song, sort of bluegrass-y, single female singer, about debt. Literally the only part of the lyrics I remember is "I'm in debt". It definitely had a country/bluegrass feel, guitar was the primary instrument, I seem to recall it wasn't a band and was just her name - maybe it started with a D? I have it on a mix cd SOMEWHERE....... Is this totally hopeless?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Cheers! "cowboy sun gun melt song" didn't get me very far on google.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

For some reason when I was in the bathroom, I got a part of a song stuck in my head. It's where a couple of kids sing "Alleluia" or "Hallelujah" somewhat drawn-out so it sounds like "ahhhh-leeeiii-luuuu-iaaaa" and it repeats two or four times. I think it's most likely a rock song and I think a guitar comes in during the second or third "Alleluia"/"Hallelujah". This is really bugging me because I feel like I used to listen to it a lot. It has the vocal melody like the intro of NOFX's "Bleeding Heart Disease", just sped up and sung by kids.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 30, 2015

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

What is the song playing in the background at this NFL game here?

https://vid.me/V7io

Anyone? Im pretty sure Ive heard it before and its a recent song

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

For some reason when I was in the bathroom, I got a part of a song stuck in my head. It's where a couple of kids sing "Alleluia" or "Hallelujah" somewhat drawn-out so it sounds like "ahhhh-leeeiii-luuuu-iaaaa" and it repeats two or four times. I think it's most likely a rock song and I think a guitar comes in during the second or third "Alleluia"/"Hallelujah". This is really bugging me because I feel like I used to listen to it a lot. It has the vocal melody like the intro of NOFX's "Bleeding Heart Disease", just sped up and sung by kids.
Never mind, figured it out. It was "School's Out" by Alice Cooper.

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

Anyone? Im pretty sure Ive heard it before and its a recent song

I don't hear anything in the clip you linked? I don't have headphones w me is it really deep in the background under the cheering and commentary?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Kings Of Calabria posted:

I don't hear anything in the clip you linked? I don't have headphones w me is it really deep in the background under the cheering and commentary?

Yeah you can mostly hear the bassline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I can barely make out that there's a song at all, so it's a little hard to determine what it might be.