Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

M42 posted:

invalid unless the rest of your gear is white :colbert:

But I can't say no to a helmet with a sick graphic. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Nice JNCOS.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
They were the cheapest leather overpants I could find. I'm ok with it.

Edit
When you ride a supermoto you need extra space for your raging hardon.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 11, 2015

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nice racism

Moooooods

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Gold visor = astronaut
Silver visor = the Stig

I also like black helmets with one of those green/purple/blue visors, I think Shoei used to have them.

e: actually I wish more helmets had motocross style vibrant visor colors, like these

M42 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 11, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Nice racism

Moooooods

Cycle Asylum is a hive of stormtroopers. Come at us, bro.

M42 posted:

Gold visor = astronaut
Silver visor = the Stig

I also like black helmets with one of those green/purple/blue visors, I think Shoei used to have them.

:thumbsup:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Nothin much, just hipster stuff.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So jealous. Is it as fun as it looks?

Dr.Hashshashin
Jul 7, 2015

DABS ALL DAY
All hail the King!

2008 Suzuki B-king
180HP of naked goodness

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I was gonna say, get rid of that dumb nerd poo poo on the tank, but it fits the anime bozozoku style, so keep it. NICE YOSHIS YES.

That bike must be bananas to ride. Good buy.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Dr.Hashshashin posted:

All hail the King!

2008 Suzuki B-king
180HP of naked goodness

Sell it to me when your done with it.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

Dr.Hashshashin posted:

All hail the King!

2008 Suzuki B-king
180HP of naked goodness
But you bought the wrong colour!

2010 B-King

Sad to say, but although 180 HP is often bandied around, stock bikes generally pull 155-165 HP; mine had 6000K's and was in showroom condition, still only put down 159 HP (but plenty of torque), across several dyno runs.

Are you going to mod it up?

Isolationist fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 12, 2015

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Isolationist posted:

Sad to say, but although 180 HP is often bandied around, stock bikes generally pull 155-165 HP; mine had 6000K's and was in showroom condition, still only put down 159 HP (but plenty of torque), across several dyno runs.

I'd have assumed that manufacturer's quoted figures would be at the output shaft rather than at the wheels, accounting for the difference - just the same as with cars.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
The king needs a turbo.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I would like to see a B-King trike with enormous rubber on the back and a huge hairdryer hanging off the engine.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

leica posted:

So jealous. Is it as fun as it looks?

It's so much fun. I've taken the long way to every place I've been to today. It's small weight is great for urban riding, but it doesn't feel wobbly or anything on highways at all. So far, A+, would buy again.

Dr.Hashshashin
Jul 7, 2015

DABS ALL DAY
The king need's a supercharger, no turbo.

Yeah she made 165 before (insert huge list of mods)

Theres no other naked bike I want except maybe a ZX14 naked if they produced one.

My other bike is a Honda 919

Shown here together

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I know I'm in the minority, but I think bkings are seriously awesome looking bikes

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Isolationist posted:

But you bought the wrong colour!

2010 B-King

You have to link the actual jpg man!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Dr.Hashshashin posted:

All hail the King!

Hell loving yes; nice!

Isolationist posted:

But you bought the wrong colo(u)r!
2010 B-King

2008 is the only year in which the King was available in Freedomland.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I know I'm in the minority, but I think bkings are seriously awesome looking bikes

Like my ex-girlfriend said, when she dumped me for the night manager at 7-11, "power is sexy".
:dong:

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 12, 2015

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yes they are. I want one some day just for the ridiculous factor.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Weighing in- White helmet, blue visor. You know, what The Stig actually wears. :colbert:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Isolationist posted:

The only mod that bike needs is to unbolt the passenger pegs, because only the loving king rides the king, and gently caress his court. :c00lbert:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

That B-King is one of the most intimidating things I've ever seen. Awesome, but terrifying.

Here's me and the guy who only had to send me about five short emails to sell a bike. I would be giving an enthusiastic thumbs up, too. My old bike is somewhere behind me, I really wish it was in the shot for a contrast.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Is that front fender on backwards? Looks a little off.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Nah, I think it's just the angle. There's actually another bolt that the fork is covering up that evens things out. I think the fender is the same backwards and forwards.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I love that bike. Scrambler looks awesome.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Lot's of smart bike purchases here. I'll say again, the bking is awesome. More people need to own them, but I'm just glad they aren't the bastion of gixxahbros. You already have the yoshi exhaust so it needs NO MORE MODIFICATIONS.

That scrambler is so nice, and you seem to fit it stylistically. They seem so simple and easy to throw around. That seat leather looks so supple.

CHECKING IN: White/blue iridium is best, except that White/Black visor is better. It scares the poo poo out of people. Just think how you feel when you look at one of m42's faceless pictures and imagine you are not into bikes, and that is right next to you.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coydog posted:

CHECKING IN: White/blue iridium is best, except that White/Black visor is better. It scares the poo poo out of people. Just think how you feel when you look at one of m42's faceless pictures and imagine you are not into bikes, and that is right next to you.

I get the same effect with my Icon Sensory, but with the added bonus of kids loving it.

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009

Dr.Hashshashin posted:

All hail the King!

2008 Suzuki B-king
180HP of naked goodness

Sorry bud, you bought the wrong color. Its widely known that the black / silver are the fastest.

Enjoy that bike! I think there now are officially 3 of us goons with one. At what point will it become the goon bike of the month?

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
I took a ride to the Adirondacks to go camping this weekend. Turned out to be a fun ride! I was really dumb though, and had a few issues that I thought were with my starter/battery. When I hit the ignition, I would hear a click and the lights would all die out. Every time I stopped I had to take the luggage off, take the seat off, finagle the wire to the positive terminal of the battery, then hit the ignition. Then put the seat back on, luggage back on, and ride off. Of course my dumb rear end didn't think, "Hey, maybe you should see if you can tighten the screw on that terminal..." Turns out that was the issue and I fixed it with a half turn of a screwdriver after riding a few hundred miles and having to take the seat off at every stop. Live and learn!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Your bike is gorgeous. What is it? A bonnie?

Hey, on the upside, it wasn't a battery issue!

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Coydog posted:

Your bike is gorgeous. What is it? A bonnie?

Hey, on the upside, it wasn't a battery issue!

Thanks! Yeah, it's an '03 Bonneville t100 with a few mods here and there. I love when annoying problems end up being quick (and cheap!) fixes! On a sad note though, one of each of the side cover and seat bolts vibrated out on the trip, so I ordered new tool free screws and will load them up with blue loctite this time around.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
drat. I love the green with your nice brown seat. That's a really gorgeous bike you have there.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
That bike is too nice to drag around dirt roads.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Chichevache posted:

drat. I love the green with your nice brown seat. That's a really gorgeous bike you have there.

Thank you! I'm thinking of getting some of the Biltwell grips in brown to match the seat, but I don't think their available colors match it well. I could also go full hipster and wrap the grips in leather bicycle grip tape, but that might be too much.

notZaar posted:

That bike is too nice to drag around dirt roads.

No worries there - this was only a short distance off of a paved road. I have this little TW200 for more fun dirt road action.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Dr. Light posted:

Thank you! I'm thinking of getting some of the Biltwell grips in brown to match the seat, but I don't think their available colors match it well. I could also go full hipster and wrap the grips in leather bicycle grip tape, but that might be too much.

Errant Gin Monks is making his own leather grips in his Build Thread. You should go check it out. You'll probably have better luck matching and staining the leather yourself so that it matches. Plus his description didn't make it sound too difficult.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Errant Gin Monks is making his own leather grips in his Build Thread. You should go check it out. You'll probably have better luck matching and staining the leather yourself so that it matches. Plus his description didn't make it sound too difficult.

God drat that's a beautiful bike he's building. I actually just ran into a leatherworker at the farmer's market out here last weekend; I should see if he has some scraps I can get to try out Errant Gin Monks method. Thanks for the tip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

Dr. Light posted:

I took a ride to the Adirondacks to go camping this weekend. Turned out to be a fun ride! I was really dumb though, and had a few issues that I thought were with my starter/battery. When I hit the ignition, I would hear a click and the lights would all die out. Every time I stopped I had to take the luggage off, take the seat off, finagle the wire to the positive terminal of the battery, then hit the ignition. Then put the seat back on, luggage back on, and ride off. Of course my dumb rear end didn't think, "Hey, maybe you should see if you can tighten the screw on that terminal..." Turns out that was the issue and I fixed it with a half turn of a screwdriver after riding a few hundred miles and having to take the seat off at every stop. Live and learn!

Is that a National Cycle wind screen? I've never been able to get mine setup correctly so it stops thrashing my head around.

Beautiful bike.