Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
If you think it's fantastic that prisoners are routinely beaten and abused in America's prisons, even if they're horrible people like Fogle, you're a shithead. Hope this helps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

WickedHate posted:

You're completely right, that beating was totally undeserved. If the prison system really worked, ideally he'd have gotten much, much worse, as he deserves. Can't eat subs through a tube.

This is ironic considering your rap sheet.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

veedubfreak posted:

It looks like a robot. Also, why can't they poop while still in the trees?

They suspect that the sloth knows it's poop will make noise dropping from a height, bringing in predators, so they go down to the ground to poop in silence. The theory is borne out by the fact that when it rains heavily, they will just stay up in the trees to poop, since the rain masks the sound of those dook bombs.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

fullroundaction posted:

I like when pedos get beat up in prison :unsmith:

I know I'm getting old because this has become a controversial opinion for everyone younger than me.

Oh no what have you done

Pull up thread! Pull up, we're heading straight into shithead derail mountain! Too much damage has been done, we'll need to land somewhere between Mod Intervention Lake and the Abyss of Bad Threads!

Local schadenfreude: house next to mine was foreclosed, occupant evicted because she went into hiding from her multiple drug warrants. Thing was gutted by the bank who held it for about a year. The asking price was insane for the lack of finishing touches, clearly the bank wanted to hold it until the area market went up. Some lady decided to buy it anyway, and when I talked to her she said she was using one of those house flipping programs you hear infomercials for. She gets three guys to totally renovate the place over two months.

She sold it last week for little over what she paid for. From what I can estimate with the amount of work she put in, she must have lost near 10 grand. The house flipping system works people! Buy expensive property, put more money into it, sell it for a loss!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

zakharov posted:

If you think it's fantastic that prisoners are routinely beaten and abused in America's prisons, even if they're horrible people like Fogle, you're a shithead. Hope this helps!

Some prisoners deserve it, some don't. The one's who commit sexual abuse against children deserve it. Its possible to hold an opinion that doesn't apply broadly to every single case, hope this helps!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Basebf555 posted:

Some prisoners deserve it, some don't. The one's who commit sexual abuse against children deserve it. Its possible to hold an opinion that doesn't apply broadly to every single case, hope this helps!

No they don't. We don't sentence people to beatings and rape in a civilized society. We're supposed to be better than that, not that we actually are. Hope this helps even more!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

This page is going to be great I'm telling you. Maybe it will continue to the next one as well when somebody quotes an outrageous post again.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Highly recommend this thread from Valuum regarding spending a few years in prison. It's not just random beatings by savage people doing poo poo for no reason, though child molesters do seem to be targeted more often if they do dumb poo poo.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676982

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

zakharov posted:

No they don't. We don't sentence people to beatings and rape in a civilized society. We're supposed to be better than that, not that we actually are. Hope this helps even more!

I didn't say anything about sentencing, or that our justice system sentences people to beatings. I'm not suggesting physical violence should ever be a tool used by the state, and I'm against the death penalty.

Whether someone "deserves" a beating or not is a totally different issue though. Some people do, some people don't.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Rape is an appropriate punishment for prisoners.

Therefore, rape should be legal.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
You're both wrong and you're both assholes. Yay!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Basebf555 posted:

I didn't say anything about sentencing, or that our justice system sentences people to beatings. I'm not suggesting physical violence should ever be a tool used by the state, and I'm against the death penalty.

Whether someone "deserves" a beating or not is a totally different issue though. Some people do, some people don't.

When a justice system sentences people to prisons where beatings, rape, and abuse are known to be widespread, and nobody seems interested in stopping it, they are sentencing people to beatings, rape, and abuse. There's a reason our culture has jokes about "don't drop the soap in the shower LOL!"

I'll drop it since this really isn't the thread. This is one of the issues that makes me angry.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Highly recommend this thread from Valuum regarding spending a few years in prison. It's not just random beatings by savage people doing poo poo for no reason, though child molesters do seem to be targeted more often if they do dumb poo poo.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676982

I'm wondering how many of us sent crudely-drawn dicks to Brian, because he certainly got more than one from me :yayclod:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Speaking of inhumane treatment of prisoners, Anders Behring Breivik is suing the Norwegian state for human rights violations, and because "the prisons in Norway are the worst in Europe".

Among his list of complaints is that he has been denied cigarettes, that his coffee is often cold and that he has had to eat the same meal two days in a row on several occasions :monocle:

To be somewhat fair, he's also complaining about the extended periods of isolation and the hundreds of times he has had to undergo full body cavity searches. Both of those points are kinda valid, extended isolation is considered torture by most definitions, and considering his isolation, it's hard to imagine him smuggling a lot of stuff up the ol' cornhole.

But I think the other complaints kinda make clear how much of a ridiculous narcissist he is. And of course the first thing he did in court was to raise his right arm in a nazi salute.

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Mar 16, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

zakharov posted:

Lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

zakharov posted:

There's a reason our culture has jokes about "don't drop the soap in the shower LOL!"

I'll drop it since this really isn't the thread. This is one of the issues that makes me angry.

Don't drop it LOL!

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

zakharov posted:

This is one of the issues that makes me angry.

Oh poo poo I had no idea, I'm sorry. If you're angry, please feel free to keep correcting people on this here internet comedy forum. We'll all be better off after you make us understand the truth.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Hey guys, while we're at it, I've got something to get off my chest about all you guys laughing at skateboarders being injured!

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Violence has and will solve more problems than reform/diplomacy. Therefore, violence in prisons will fix more criminal behaviors and act a deterrent to others that are thinking of committing crimes. Hope this helps!

:munch:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

Violence has and will solve more problems than reform/diplomacy. Therefore, violence in prisons will fix more criminal behaviors and act a deterrent to others that are thinking of committing crimes. Hope this helps!

:munch:

Violence in prisons isn't a defect, it's a BONUS FEATURE!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N473MJHvbZ4

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what if we just put fat people in prison

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

HAHAHAHA! That kid is awesome! Bet you didn't see that coming Tanya!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Alaois posted:

what if we just put fat people in prison

They won't be able to rape each other. Perfect.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

ElGroucho posted:

Hey guys, while we're at it, I've got something to get off my chest about all you guys laughing at skateboarders being injured!

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

That opinion stinks.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Paladinus posted:

They won't be able to rape each other. Perfect.

Send fat people to space to deflect asteroids

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FAROOQ posted:

but surely you'll miss your mom

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Let's just serve up a little animal 'freude for a palate cleanser.

Ever wondered what a pissed off sloth looked like?
http://i.imgur.com/obz5g7v.gifv
:stare:

Like, no one will ever be able to convince me sloths aren't animatronics.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Here's the sloth video. I was interested in finding it so that means someone else was too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJUfiEFh1w4

edit: Holy poo poo the squeal it makes @3mins.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

An asteroid can't miss her, though.

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Paladinus posted:

An asteroid can't miss her, though.

Dicks don't either.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fat Loser posted:

Dicks don't either.

I just found out that a "your mom" joke is much funnier when I imagine Carl is the one saying it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They suspect that the sloth knows it's poop will make noise dropping from a height, bringing in predators, so they go down to the ground to poop in silence. The theory is borne out by the fact that when it rains heavily, they will just stay up in the trees to poop, since the rain masks the sound of those dook bombs.

So sloths are japanese women, physically unable to go to the bathroom if there is a greater than .1% chance of anyone hearing them or knowing what they are doing. Someone get these sloths trees that play flushing or nature sounds at the press of a button.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Please stop arguing about whether rape/violence are appropriate in prison/against convicts (or ever).

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Mar 16, 2016

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2016/03/16/fifa-admits-to-world-cup-hosting-bribes-asks-us-for-cash/81850202/

FIFA admits to being bribed but is demanding that the US return the bribe money seized from them. You got to admire both their nerve and stupidity in the whole situation. Either way, it's going to be magical.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Nicaden posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2016/03/16/fifa-admits-to-world-cup-hosting-bribes-asks-us-for-cash/81850202/

FIFA admits to being bribed but is demanding that the US return the bribe money seized from them. You got to admire both their nerve and stupidity in the whole situation. Either way, it's going to be magical.

Haha, holy poo poo, this is a pro-click. Some of the specifics in the article

quote:

— $28.2 million for years of payments, including bonuses, flights and daily expenses, to officials it now says are corrupt

— $10 million for the "theft" of money that FIFA officials transferred as bribes to then-executive committee members to vote for South Africa as 2010 World Cup host

— "substantial" cost of legal bills since separate U.S. and Swiss federal probes of corruption in international soccer were revealed last May

— damages for harm to its reputation, plus other bribes and kickbacks for media rights to non-FIFA competitions but "which were made possible because of the value of the FIFA brand"

"FIFA has become notable for the defendants' bribery and corruption, not its many good works," lawyers for soccer's world body state in the claim. "FIFA is entitled to restitution for this harm to its business relationships, reputation and intangible property."

I especially love that last one. "Because you arrested all our corrupt people we are now seen as corrupt so you need to compensate us for people not wanting to do business with us!"

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Scruff McGruff posted:

Haha, holy poo poo, this is a pro-click. Some of the specifics in the article

I especially love that last one. "Because you arrested all our corrupt people we are now seen as corrupt so you need to compensate us for people not wanting to do business with us!"

God drat that's perfect.

"Ok fine we're corrupt but you didn't have to go tell everybody about it, jerks! We were gonna split that money with you 90 / 10 but now you aren't getting anything, give it all back right now. Squeelers don't get bribe money!"

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Baronjutter posted:

So sloths are japanese women, physically unable to go to the bathroom if there is a greater than .1% chance of anyone hearing them or knowing what they are doing.

What are you talking about I've seen hundreds of Japanese women go to the bathroom.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

captainOrbital posted:

What are you talking about I've seen hundreds of Japanese women go to the bathroom.

I'm never gonna get over seeing goons with their children as their avatars, not while goons still make posts they wouldn't want to explain to them.