Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

I wanted To Believe. One Last Time.

He got me 8 pts....could have...been worse...

It's cool, he's being replaced by Antonio Brown next week I just acquired.

So you were able to trade for Kelvin Benjamin and Antonio Brown in the span of a week?

Are you out 89ing yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Would offering a Jacquizz or Ingram for Crabtree trade be insulting? They're definitely the low men on my "Notes say RB1!" totem pole/logjam right now.

My current WR situation is Cooks/Meredith/Britt.

EDIT: Non-PPR.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 28, 2016

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Spoeank posted:

Prepare to be disappointed, Rob Kelley havers. It's going to be the Chris Thompson show and then there's a bye.

As someone who desperately grabbed Chris Thompson this week in FAAB, I am on board with this.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

As someone who desperately grabbed Chris Thompson this week in FAAB, I am on board with this.

Chris Thompson is awesome, but more likely to be the Gio to Kelley's Hill than a three down workhorse.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

RVProfootballer posted:

Chris Thompson is awesome, but more likely to be the Gio to Kelley's Hill than a three down workhorse.

Yah this is true, I am in 0.5PPR though so a Gio-level player would actually be a welcome addition to my crap-tier RB corps that currently consists of LMurray, JStew, Jerrick McKinnon, and Eddie Lacy RIP.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Is offering Larry Fitzgerald + Michael Crabtree for David Johnson reasonable?

Both Fitz and Crabtree are currently top 9 WR in the league. What if he wants a RB and I throw in Jstew, is that even crazier?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gruden even said Kelley would be the lead back and Thompson would be the 3rd down back.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Thompson had 19 touches last week when he was conceivably the third down back to Matt Jones. That was mostly the fumble but he was gonna get 12-15 touches with Matt Jones (who is decent) and he is going to get less with Kelley (who is less good)?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Thompson had 19 touches last week when he was conceivably the third down back to Matt Jones. That was mostly the fumble but he was gonna get 12-15 touches with Matt Jones (who is decent) and he is going to get less with Kelley (who is less good)?

Sometimes Gio out touches Hill.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Sometimes Gio out touches Hill.

Hasn't Gio out touched Hill like every game this season? Even against the Browns?

There's hope for Thompson yet

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just realized this is the second week in a row that my deep dive sleeper (Mike Gillislee vs. SF, Chris Thompson last week) brutally murders the starter

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

Hasn't Gio out touched Hill like every game this season? Even against the Browns?

There's hope for Thompson yet

No.

Gio touches: 7, 14, 10, 13, 15, 19, 18

Hill touches: 9, 14, 17, 21, 4, 14, 11

And yeah, I like Thompson a lot, calling him Gio isn't an insult. Gio outscores Hill frequently. I just don't think he's a three down back.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

VietCampo posted:

Is offering Larry Fitzgerald + Michael Crabtree for David Johnson reasonable?

Both Fitz and Crabtree are currently top 9 WR in the league. What if he wants a RB and I throw in Jstew, is that even crazier?

As a DJ owner, unless my WRs were absolutely horrible, I would not take that at all.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

If he can't drop Henry, has no one else that's easily droppable (though Coates is probably fine to drop), and is playing a weak team, it might make sense to go without a kicker. Lets him get another week of news about Charles, which might make him more or less droppable, as well as about Ben and Murray, which will impact Coates and Henry.

My WRs are really weak by the way: Robinson Maclin Moncrief Crowder Coates.

My take on Charles: At best a backup getting 10 touches or so and thats it. Hes just having too many problems to overcome and I dont remember many players having come off major knee surgery, having a setback and moving on to having a successful run. There just isnt a past precedent that can support keeping him. We are holding onto him because of his pedigree and talent.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Silly Burrito posted:

As a DJ owner, unless my WRs were absolutely horrible, I would not take that at all.

I was gonna say, you're offering two top 9 WRs for a #1 RB.

My WRs would pretty much have to be scoring <2 points every week for me to consider it at all.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 28, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

No.

And yeah, I like Thompson a lot, calling him Gio isn't an insult. Gio outscores Hill frequently. I just don't think he's a three down back.

They are separated by just 8 touches.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

No.

Gio has outsnapped Hill, 275 plays to 183, or 58.64% of plays compared to 39.02%

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Guys like Gio, Tevin, CThomp, etc are just perfectly suited to the role of a satellite back and they are all very startable. None of them except Tevin would do well as the main between the tackles runner. Being out in space is the best use of their skills.

Injuries forced Riddick to change roles and guess what? He wasnt as good.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Are y'all thinking I'm saying something that I'm not?

RVProfootballer posted:

The point with looking at the Cinci backfield touches is VietCampo said "hasn't Gio out touched Hill in every game" and the answer is no, it wasn't to say that Gio sucked.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 28, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Sorry wasn't trying to say Gio was the between the tackles back or every down back. Just that Gio fits the Bengals game plan more, and as such is on the field more often giving him more opportunities to produce that J Hill even if he touches it less.

Also, does that touch count include catches?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
So in 0.5 PPR which guy is the better to own between Kelley and Thompson? Right now I have Thompson but Kelley is available. My take is that even if Matt Jones comes back, Thompson will keep his role while Kelley will not.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Also, does that touch count include catches?

Yep, just carries + receptions, though, not factoring in targets (which would favor Gio more and be more in line with the snap differential)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Yep, just carries + receptions, though, not factoring in targets (which would favor Gio more and be more in line with the snap differential)

Cool, good to know as well! I had assumed based purely on snap count Gio would lead in touches with receptions included.

I love Gio, even if he isn't the greatest fantasy RB, he's a cool dude and good footballer.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Traded Melvin Gordon for Greg Olsen. Thanks Booker for making this possible.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Inspector_666 posted:

I was gonna say, you're offering two top 9 WRs for a #1 RB.

My WRs would pretty much have to be scoring <2 points every week for me to consider it at all.

He's been starting Allen Robinson and Diggs/Shepard and is currently on a 3 game losing streak, which is why I targeted him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Standard scoring.

I give Brandin Cooks/Devontae Booker

I get Julio Jones

Would I be giving up too much?

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Personally I have never really liked PPR RBs because they can be so gameflow dependent.

Then again havent played in a full ppr league. But I think 0.5 is perfect anyway.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

pubic works project posted:

Standard scoring.

I get Julio Jones

For the best WR in football? Absolutely.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

pubic works project posted:

Standard scoring.

I get Julio Jones

Do. This. Now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Green Gloves posted:

Then again havent played in a full ppr league. But I think 0.5 is perfect anyway.

I play in a 10 man positional ppr league, QB/RB/WR/TE/3 (WR/TE/RB) Flex spots, .5 ppr WR, .75 RBs, 1 TEs and it works really well for our league. One team is riding 3 TEs this week and might actually win their game.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
So I'm the commissioner in my work league and came across this amazing trade that was proposed and accepted.

Team A gives: Eli Manning, Travis Benjamin, Corey Coleman (7-0)

Team B gives: Ezekiel Elliot (1-6) Tanking the season, never sets their roster.

I'm all for letting trades go through, but that is so borderline collusion I should reject it right ?

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I play in a 10 man positional ppr league, QB/RB/WR/TE/3 (WR/TE/RB) Flex spots, .5 ppr WR, .75 RBs, 1 TEs and it works really well for our league. One team is riding 3 TEs this week and might actually win their game.

Sounds fair. Three flex spots is a little zany though. Id imagine a guy like Doyle didnt stay a FA for long.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Psikotik posted:

So I'm the commissioner in my work league and came across this amazing trade that was proposed and accepted.

I'm all for letting trades go through, but that is so borderline collusion I should reject it right ?

Other guys here might differ in their opinions, but I would reject that one. Unless it's a keeper league.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Green Gloves posted:

Sounds fair. Three flex spots is a little zany though. Id imagine a guy like Doyle didnt stay a FA for long.

We have 25 man rosters (it's dynasty) and he has actually been one of the most picked up and dropped players on the wire this year.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

Psikotik posted:

Two piles of garbage + big upside unproven guy does not equal a superstar RB. So my math tells me that the trade sucks and should be rejected.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Got a trade proposal in 12 team standard that I think is right on the borderline.

Give: Brees, Hunter Henry
Get: Cam, Witten (who i would drop for Brate/Ebron/Gates whatever)

I think I like Cam's ROS schedule better, and I don't think there's a significant drop-off from Henry to these streaming TE (unless Gates dies again) Probably gonna accept

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Psikotik posted:

I usually never suggest vetoing trades but this is bullshit, especially if the guy who is 1-6 hasn't even been participating (setting his lineup).

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Yeah that's the key to me. It's a work league with a vacant owner? The undefeated team clearly cornered that guy IRL was like "Hey give me Elliot since I know you don't care I'll just trade you some scraps." Might even be one of those "Hey I'll buy you lunch" situations.

That's pretty clearly collusion to me

e: If the 1-6 guy were setting his lineup every week and were actuary trying, then it would just be a bad trade. I'm willing to bet that Benjamin and Coleman are like that guy's WR5 and 6 and Eli is his backup to an every week starter and he's just trading bench fodder for a RB1

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 28, 2016

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Cam Newton or Andrew Luck going forward? I've got Cam and wondering if I should trade for a better option. Best QB on waiver wire is Alex Smith.

Standard scoring except passing TDs get 6 points instead of 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

e: If the 1-6 guy were setting his lineup every week and were actuary trying, then it would just be a bad trade. I'm willing to bet that Benjamin and Coleman are like that guy's WR5 and 6 and Eli is his backup to an every week starter and he's just trading bench fodder for a RB1

Yeah, post both teams full rosters for us please, Psikotik.

• Locked thread