Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Pels should trade Boogie for Gobert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

gotta be the first and hope the video of you burning your jersey makes sports center or goes viral.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dexo posted:

gotta be the first and hope the video of you burning your jersey makes sports center or goes viral.

Betrayward is pretty good

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

LOL

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

E2M2 posted:

Pels should trade Boogie for Gobert

Utah should trade Rodney Hood for LeBron

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Vertical Lime posted:

the deleted jazz tweet was a pic of gobert

as in who needs you gordon

eventually twitter will all just be tweets that companies deleted

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The most tepid of jersey burnings I've ever seen.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

God drat really reaching on this one

lol

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick posted:

The most tepid of jersey burnings I've ever seen.

Gotta use a fire pit for proper fire safety

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

these Hays ain't loyal

https://streamable.com/8yfbr

i can't wait for the counter-retort from Gordon

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

What I'd really like to see is the followup video of the hungover jersey burner cleaning up the mess that makes in the morning. That stuff definitely doesn't burn down into a nice neat little ash pile

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

MourningView posted:

I don't really know what Utah does from here, they're kinda hosed barring a big breakout from Hood or Exum. They can't get Big free agents so they understandably put all their eggs in the Hayward basket and got burned. They'll still be competitive as long as Gobert is healthy but the offense is gonna be so bad. With Hayward they had a chance at like 3-4 seed but without they're gonna be fighting it out for the 8.

E: I'm not surprised they're taking a run at Porter because they've wanted a credible stretch 4 forever but Washington is going to match so it seems kinda pointless.

Utah's next step is to not be Utah.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

God drat really reaching on this one

Oh?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/04/526848211/boston-red-sox-fan-reports-a-racial-slur-and-a-lifetime-ban-results

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/05/01/orioles-adam-jones-berated-racist-taunts-fenway-park-peanuts/101187172/

Or

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19296595/new-york-yankees-pitcher-cc-sabathia-says-black-players-expect-racism-boston

Or

guy getting stabbed with american flag or something...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ainge could have had Butler/PG to go with Hayward and get a legit chance at winning something but he just wouldn't trade away any of those picks.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

what r u trying to say..?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Zogo posted:

There is a lot about the universe that nobody understands. If you can explain dark matter and dark energy to me I will give you :10bux: :20bux:.

From what I've read, a lot of the higher-order physics stuff is simply not conceivable (I'd prefer to call it "not conceptualizable" but that's not a word) by our 3D-space-in-monodirectional-time-understanding minds, so it comes down to faith in the math and the experimental results.

I like using Vector Addition in N > 3 dimensions as a basic example for that sort of thing. The rules for Vector addition in 2D are relatively trivial, and moving it to 3D is just including another set of coordinates. It still makes sense in physical space. You can do the math, and you can see it in front of you, and you can do either of those things independently. Move it up to 4D and it's only another set of coordinates, the math is longer but not really that much more complicated, and yet it's unlikely any human being will be able to hold in their head a conception of the things you are now working with.

It super annoying because it really does defy analogy--there's nothing like it in our sense of the universe. It's just some Stuff that appears to be there because it fits the numbers. Like a graviton--gravitons might not even exist, all kinds of physicists don't think they do, but they work with the math when you're trying to atomize a single unit of gravity, so it's accepted.

I don't see why they should let the color of his skin stop them. That would be racist!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Codependent Poster posted:

Ainge could have had Butler/PG to go with Hayward and get a legit chance at winning something but he just wouldn't trade away any of those picks.

That's not even close to what happened but okay

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Niwrad posted:

They could have worked out Butler/George along with Hayward. Would have actually allowed them to compete for a title.

Indiana just didn't want to wait a week it seems. Surely even an Ainge low ball offer would have been a lot better than what they got. Crowder, Smart and the Memphis pick?

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
I'll take one Crowder or Marcus Smart for the Nuggets, please

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You don't understand, the Pacers had to sign Darren Collison and....uh...

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's not even close to what happened but okay

MUH NARRATIVESSSSS

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Porter to the nets now maybe

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

euphronius posted:

Porter to the nets now maybe

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/882413952956805122

wiz will be matching this right?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hot take: implying that a literal child is a racist is a really loving lovely thing and this guy should be ashamed of himself

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Paul Zuvella posted:

Hot take: implying that a literal child is a racist is a really loving lovely thing and this guy should be ashamed of himself

:rolleyes:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

They said they'd match anything which is why I'm assuming the Kings moved on

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I love the nets

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

everyone who goes to a Boston game (not cool Buff Man) is either obnoxious or racist. watch an NBA tv stream during a commercial and see for yourself

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

oh god what does jared dudley know that we don't

https://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/status/882259498370383872

(in response to who he thinks the rockets will get)

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Doesn't Porter have an existing offer with the Kings for more than that? Did that just disappear or something. I thought that was the offer the Wizards had a few days to match.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

No, he's right.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

BWV posted:

everyone who goes to a Boston game (not cool Buff Man) is either obnoxious or racist. watch an NBA tv stream during a commercial and see for yourself

It's just the red Panda, dudes dunking off inclined trampolines, and kiss cams.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wizards 6 million in the tax it looks like if they match

God drat

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the worst part about that kid is he 's probably going to give that free shirt he got back to the organization, further diminishing the labour value of the fan. racist and a class traitor.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Oh and some dude named Geno dancing which KG loved and I never understood.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/882416373061873665

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Libertine posted:

Doesn't Porter have an existing offer with the Kings for more than that? Did that just disappear or something. I thought that was the offer the Wizards had a few days to match.

I thought Porter just didn't sign the Kings offer and was waiting for a better one.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

BWV posted:

I'm not neither of those things.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Where's my man Terry

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/882420105191325696

Let's go bitch THUNDER UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Wait Patrick Patterson to OKC for the taxpayer MLE?

Metapod posted:

Where's my man Terry

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/882420105191325696

Let's go bitch THUNDER UP

thunder up brother

• Locked thread