Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Deki posted:

I'm a little surprised there are no 1.0 leaks yet.

I would really like to know the scale of what's to come beyond the reasonable assumption that SAM and the collectables will do something.

I thought they explicitly stated SAM was going away. Maybe collectibles, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Bad Munki posted:

I thought they explicitly stated SAM was going away. Maybe collectibles, too.

They said as recently as a month ago that the collectibles are still going to be in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi5DXCm4kys

and two months ago that SAM will also stick around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q-naOmF9I4

The messaging has been pretty consistent from what I've seen, collectibles and SAM will do *something* but they won't specify much beyond that.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ah, I mis-remembered, then. Thought they’d said SAM at least was out in favor of finishing the game on the timeline they wanted.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Seeing random screenshots on the Satisfactory subreddit, I remember that most building assets (beyond the belt items) haven't yet been converted to Nanite. I hope that'll happen on the way to 1.0. The very least the static stuff/parts.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Combat Pretzel posted:

Seeing random screenshots on the Satisfactory subreddit, I remember that most building assets (beyond the belt items) haven't yet been converted to Nanite. I hope that'll happen on the way to 1.0. The very least the static stuff/parts.

Confirmed no. The problem is it's not a simple conversion, especially for stuff like the belts. They experimented with normal buildables and still had enough problems that they axed it for insufficient time.

Apparently it would not be a big performance benefit for normal buildables, it would just look nicer due to the nanite infinite-LOD thing.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I can understand it for belts or animated parts. But static things like an Industrial Fluid Buffer and such, Epic always pretends it's like pick your high res asset, check this box and ditch your LODs (which are sometimes pretty terrible, more so since it seems to switch early since U8).

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Sometimes I feel like the bad guys form Avatar when I use explosions to clear out areas for new equipment.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

neato burrito posted:

the bad guys form Avatar

You mean the big blue aliens standing in the way of progress?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
There was a pure unobtainium node underneath the Home Tree, the humans did what had to be done.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

neato burrito posted:

Sometimes I feel like the bad guys form Avatar when I use explosions to clear out areas for new equipment.

I was watching the scenes where they fly over the factories in Avatar 2 and I went "drat I want to play some factory building now"

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
I know if a doctor saw my factory complex they'd probably diagnose me with ADHD. I love factory builders but dang is it hard to stop and smell the roses, I just want everything unlocked now OK?

Also you should hate on trucks less I have two sharing a "road" and they've worked perfectly since the first janky recording attempt. You can delete bad path nodes and they auto-recover if they get stuck. Did you know the tractor is slower than the truck? I have this perpetually frustrated truck stuck behind a tractor that usually waits but sometimes rams it from behind pushing it off the road and it all works just fine.

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

e: answered, thx ardlen

Flutch fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 8, 2024

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

In Satisfactory, you'd probably set up Smart Splitters so that your 110 plates and 217 rods go to Factory B, and any backup on the line would feed your storages. Or you could fill your storages first, but know that your downstream factories might shut down for a bit if you pull stuff from storage.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Is there a known issue where machines suddenly go idle when the player moves to a medium distance away? Like, some intermediate distance between touching it and LOD.

I had a group start a MP game. We all took a break to play other things. I asked for the save from the host so I could SP it without bothering him if it crashed or needed restarting. I will walk around a factory I built and watch machines enter the yellow idle state. Usually that's indicative of a problem you know? not enough of something or output full etc. But nope. I'll check the machine out and it's fine. I'll watch it for 10 minutes while doing something else. No problems. Walk away? Turns off. This is an always on factory that is perfectly balanced. It should never shut off for any reason like a backed up manifold or something.

I thought that it was just a trick, but then I checked the power graph at my power switch and sure enough I see dips where machines went to idle. It's bizarre. I checked the QA forums and didn't see anything, but it can be hard to find older issues in there.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

Is there a known issue where machines suddenly go idle when the player moves to a medium distance away? Like, some intermediate distance between touching it and LOD.

I had a group start a MP game. We all took a break to play other things. I asked for the save from the host so I could SP it without bothering him if it crashed or needed restarting. I will walk around a factory I built and watch machines enter the yellow idle state. Usually that's indicative of a problem you know? not enough of something or output full etc. But nope. I'll check the machine out and it's fine. I'll watch it for 10 minutes while doing something else. No problems. Walk away? Turns off. This is an always on factory that is perfectly balanced. It should never shut off for any reason like a backed up manifold or something.

I thought that it was just a trick, but then I checked the power graph at my power switch and sure enough I see dips where machines went to idle. It's bizarre. I checked the QA forums and didn't see anything, but it can be hard to find older issues in there.

Are you using liquids? Liquid pipes slosh around and even if you have enough supply things like this can happen. The throughput is more of an average.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ice Fist posted:

Wearing a hoverpack? This longstanding bug has never been fixed. And probably won't since it's pretty minor, and I'd bet is a side-effect of the power grid wanting to minimize overhead with like lazy updates or something.

AFAIK it only happens on sub-grids (behind power & light switches). Anything that makes the sub-grid update -- connecting with the hoverpack, switching lights -- causes machines to go idle for one cycle, plus their restart delay.

tl;dr take your hoverpack off when running around finished factories checking their production rates

VegasGoat posted:

Are you using liquids? Liquid pipes slosh around and even if you have enough supply things like this can happen. The throughput is more of an average.

true, but you can generally tell it's happening because machine internal buffers will run dry. (or be too full on output, with a later stage dry)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

VegasGoat posted:

Lots. But this isn't the case. Throughput of the pipes may be averaged, but the machines don't lie about how much they have in their buffers. All of my machines had enough inputs and space in the outputs. This is an aluminum plant and I'm a big believer in recycling water, so that was my first thought is that my design was flawed and I had a water backup. Again. But it just wasn't the case.

Klyith posted:

Wearing a hoverpack? This longstanding bug has never been fixed.

gently caress. It's this. I knew I didn't use subgrids for a reason. I've run into this problem before. I think you and I had this exact conversation like a year ago or something. I'm getting old.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Started another game, yet again bootstrapping my way all through to tier 6. Always the same poo poo. :[

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Combat Pretzel posted:

Started another game, yet again bootstrapping my way all through to tier 6. Always the same poo poo. :[

At this point, I'm holding off until 1.0!

Given the glut of other factory builders at the moment (Foundry & Techtonica spring to mind, with the latter even being on Game Pass!), I'm able to redirect my building needs until then.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://www.reddit.com/r/SatisfactoryGame/comments/1cw6jnj/just_spent_4_hours_building_anime_pioneer_this_is/

1.0 needs to come out soon

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
This looks like a simple Satisfactory mixed with Planet Crafter elements.
With vehicles.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2570210/Eden_Crafters/

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I saw the discussion about coal tier trains last page.
The points against were all very reasonable, but let me raise this: coal powered trains that you unlock before computers.
Give me a steam locomotive that doesn't require power to run and you have to refuel it with coal and water.
There's no real reason for it to exist, but I want more things belching black smoke.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
How would you simplify the train routing to justify a pre-computer recipe? Maybe steam locomotives would always take the last-activated branch at every fork, and always stop at every station?

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I was thinking having you record the route, like with land vehicles, and having them ignore signals.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Groetgaffel posted:

I saw the discussion about coal tier trains last page.
The points against were all very reasonable, but let me raise this: coal powered trains that you unlock before computers.
Give me a steam locomotive that doesn't require power to run and you have to refuel it with coal and water.
There's no real reason for it to exist, but I want more things belching black smoke.

Only if it also makes a good "chugga-chugga" noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Make them half the speed and capacity. Allow the usage of the same rails.