Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

Officers say they arrived on scene "within on minute of the original [911] call."

sure Jan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Jose posted:

the bug manga is racist but the cockroach design can probably be put down to him just googling homo erectus and copying it

paging pooky or ufotacoman to the thread

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

the bug manga is racist but the cockroach design can probably be put down to him just googling homo erectus and copying it

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

huh yeah that's pretty bad let's see what other images are out there...

:ohno:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
This bug manga is going to ruin me. I just can't get over how overtly racist the imagery isfor seemingly no purpose. It's like someone wrote a piece of sci-fi based on the Turner Diaries but somehow missed that it's a ring-wing terrorism How To guide.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

MizPiz posted:

This bug manga is going to ruin me. I just can't get over how overtly racist the imagery isfor seemingly no purpose. It's like someone wrote a piece of sci-fi based on the Turner Diaries but somehow missed that it's a ring-wing terrorism How To guide.

told you it was hosed up lol

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Jose posted:

just as a side note, the skin and hair of these reconstructions are not based on fossil evidence, so the choices used here are subject to scrutiny of their own. skin tone correlates with regional sun exposure... but im not aware of any reason to give the pre-human caveman short kinky hair

MizPiz posted:

ok but hear me out, what if the person who wrote the really racist comic with hero characters named adolph and eva...did do it for a purpose?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
like with tanya the evil people go breaking bad walter white and miss the point, but terraformars is hosed up and a little sinister

I mean you have people here posting "oh it's just homo erectus!" or whatever

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

just as a side note, the skin and hair of these reconstructions are not based on fossil evidence, so the choices used here are subject to scrutiny of their own. skin tone correlates with regional sun exposure... but im not aware of any reason to give the pre-human caveman short kinky hair

ok but hear me out, what if the person who wrote the really racist comic with hero characters named adolph and eva...did do it for a purpose?

it's mega hosed how not only are the depictions racist as gently caress, they're called cockroaches

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jose posted:

i love when idiots come to defend racists

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its still racist mate

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
lmao those likes and that meltdown.

https://twitter.com/FashFinder/status/1148290470423851008

https://twitter.com/miavendetta10/status/1148316803493519360

https://twitter.com/miavendetta10/status/1148318081112051713

Xelkelvos has issued a correction as of 21:27 on Jul 8, 2019

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Jose posted:

its still racist mate

then don't say "it's still racist but" or any similar phrase, numbnuts

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Well What Now posted:

then don't say "it's still racist but" or any similar phrase, numbnuts

they fell into the trap of giving the artist the benefit of the doubt, which is still racist by thinking japanese people don't know what black people look like

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*googling "how to draw cockroach people" *

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
these golliwogs aren't racist! they just never saw a black person before!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not sure why your surprised a racist imagery made it into fiction when one the more influential children’s books has a thinly veiled Jewish stereotype

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Siljmonster posted:

*googling "how to draw cockroach people" *
"Turn off your monitor and draw what you see"

Edit: oh poo poo, didn't look up thread. Egg on my face.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m not sure why your surprised a racist imagery made it into fiction when one the more influential children’s books has a thinly veiled Jewish stereotype

JK Rowling is also TERF so it fits her

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Oh no, please don't tell the doxxing account about all the Nazis you know in law enforcement

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

folks the racist cockroach manga is pretty bad, but it still never gets old to me when Americans are calling Japan an insanely racist society.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

folks the racist cockroach manga is pretty bad, but it still never gets old to me when Americans are calling Japan an insanely racist society.

we know insane racism when we see it because we're familiar with it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Societies can definitely be more or less racist and also more or less malicious in that racism.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it's an aspirational statement like, "wow america is pretty racist, but look at Japan - they're insanely racist! imagine how much we have to learn from them."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
lol in thinking Japan is more racist than America.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hellsau posted:

it's an aspirational statement like, "wow america is pretty racist, but look at Japan - they're insanely racist! imagine how much we have to learn from them."

The cockroach manga definitely has more flair and panache than any racist artist in the states is capable of.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I love posts like "Japan is the only country where white people are second class citizens," like the pathetic resentment that Japanese don't even do anything about to the hated gaijin is similar to having your brains blown out while reaching for your glove compartment.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 22:17 on Jul 8, 2019

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

CharlestheHammer posted:

lol at being CharlestheHammer

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

people unironically defending American racism

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The cockroach manga definitely has more flair and panache than any racist artist in the states is capable of.

I love posts like "Japan is the only country where white people are second class citizens," like the pathetic resentment that Japanese don't even do anything about to the hated gaijin is similar to having your brains blown out while reaching for your glove compartment.

Japanese racism is to American racism like Japanese fast food is to American fast food: incredibly elaborate, with super high production values and a tremendous amount of effort put into it for no obvious reason

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

people unironically defending American racism

Only in the same sense that you're unironically defending the racist bug manga.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

sleeptalker posted:

Only in the same sense that you're unironically defending the racist bug manga.

nah their both bad op.

I don’t need to put a but in there to feel better

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
it's also impressive that a society with almost zero black ppl and minimal historical relationship with african countries or peoples would even care enough to absorb and reconstitute western antiblack tropes within a native expressive medium. like, shouldn't they be making the cockroaches chinese or thai or something so it better resonates with the everyday concerns of the typical japanese nationalist racist trash?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Japanese nationalists have more resentment for Koreans, because they were "grandfathered in" as citizens after being imported as colonial subjects. Which is a pretty typical attitude for former empires, really.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

American being as dominant as it has been has resulted in a lot of its views getting exported.

not even on purpose just kind of naturally

Soviet Space Dog
May 7, 2009
Unicum Space Dog
May 6, 2009

NOBODY WILL REALIZE MY POSTS ARE SHIT NOW THAT MY NAME IS PURPLE :smug:

it's also impressive that a society with almost zero black ppl and minimal historical relationship with african countries or peoples would even care enough to absorb and reconstitute western antiblack tropes within a native expressive medium. like, shouldn't they be making the cockroaches chinese or thai or something so it better resonates with the everyday concerns of the typical japanese nationalist racist trash?

you've got it the wrong way around, the lack of a relationship with a certain group makes it trivially easy to absorb the tropes about them

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Racism isn't particularly logical.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Japanese nationalists have more resentment for Koreans, because they were "grandfathered in" as citizens after being imported as colonial subjects. Which is a pretty typical attitude for former empires, really.

Is there institutional discrimination aimed at Koreans like we have with black people?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm gay

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

When white people say this is it also implies that they don't give a poo poo about Chinese, Koreans and other working-class immigrants who experience way worse racism than being banned from the local hostess club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i would bet this is a "we'll never forgive you for what we've done to you" kind of thing