Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Manatee Cannon posted:

thanks for your input

a shitpost deserves a shitpost :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Over There posted:

There's some code. People are trying to decider it

Probably says something about Ovaltine

I mean, everything else Kojima has released about Death Stranding has been a crummy commercial, so.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Gamestop stores are seriously hit or miss, and I suspect it's because like most hypercorporate spaces they treat their employees like utter poo poo. That being said, after like a 10 year intentional hiatus I bought something at a GS this year and it was a fine experience. If GS goes belly up then I wonder what will happen to the physical games market, because GS was originally the one who ate up all the smaller, better shops.

There's actually been an influx of independent game shops in my area, and as much as I'd love to support them they all specialize in "vintage games" ( I hate saying that because it makes me feel old) and I have zero interest in buying old consoles or games.

I miss the old good game stores.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

BisterdDave posted:

I mean, everything else Kojima has released about Death Stranding has been a crummy commercial, so.

Oh god it's an ARG

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

There's actually been an influx of independent game shops in my area, and as much as I'd love to support them they all specialize in "vintage games" ( I hate saying that because it makes me feel old) and I have zero interest in buying old consoles or games.

Yeah, one near me reopened and I was gonna get my switch there, but nope, they don’t carry switches. I don’t want to buy an Atari 2600, cool as it is they have a few in stock, so I have to go to gamestop.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm so fired up for more Kojima bullshit I don't even care. You can't stop me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

a shitpost deserves a shitpost :shrug:

lol dude it's my opinion. it's one thing if you disagree or want to defend the boss but it's hard to engage with "your opinion is wrong" posts

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

JBP posted:

Someone reduced the brightness and got this

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

JBP posted:

:same:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm into chapter 3 of Judge Eyes and while it has most of the same good Yakuza stuff, it is SUPER commercialized and consumerist compared to that, and that's really saying something. There's just brand stuff everywhere, being presented so lovingly by the NPCs and Kimutaku (himself also a huge commercial icon) there going "hmm hmm yeah, I guess your product really is that amazing".

It was charming in its directness the Yakuza games but I feel like it's gone too far this time.

edit: also it's been a long time since I've seen media deliberately and specifically promoting tobacco products.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 20, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Only loosely PS4 related, but I just want to bitch. Seriously how the gently caress does Gamestop stay in business? It has to be straight up the worst major store in existence. I can't remember the last time I went there where it wasn't a miserable experience. Luckily I don't shop there almost ever anymore.

I went in to grab those headphones and the first thing I find is that they are $20 more than was listed online. So I go, "oh hey these are supposed to be cheaper" just to have multiple staff insist that they don't have to honor prices that are on their own online store. They insisted it must be an "online only" price even though there was nothing at all on their own site stating that. I point out that I literally used the site to hold them at that store, at that price, and it was hosed up that they'd let me drive out there and not honor it, and they still refused. Eventually one of them actually thinks to scan it and oh hey, it was the price I claimed all along. They just forgot to change the price tag.

Then they get super insistent about me buying their Gamestop warranty, which I very briefly considered after my recent luck with headphones. Until I find out it's a 1 year warranty they are selling. Not one year past the warranty, but a 1 year warranty. Same as the manufacturer. I asked why on earth I would buy a 1 year warranty when it comes with one and they said "It's only a 60 day warranty and Turtle beach is making their headphones out of this new oil based plastic (I poo poo you not) and they will probably break almost immediately" so I ask if what they are saying is that I shouldn't buy this headset at all then if they are so bad ( I know this isn't true they are on every "best of" list on every tech site) to which they replied "no you should buy them, you just need to buy a gamestop warranty with them or you will regret it" I obviously decline, crack the box open and lo and behold. 1 year manufacturer warranty.

I swear to god this is basically the same experience I have every time I make the poor choice to go into a gamestop. it's seriously like, the worst place lol. Rant over.

Don't be afraid to get extremely rude is my advice

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Last time I went into GameStop the dude didn’t know what a system transfer was and insisted that I wipe my 3DS eShop purchases to sell it to them before getting a new one.

And then he was actually taken aback that I said I’ll just keep the drat thing. :psyduck:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I go to GameStop a few times a year and don’t treat the employees like trash and seem to have an OK experience

Not implying the OP was rude, but just wanted to say

That’s my story thx for reading

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

JBP posted:

Empty quote this is me too

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I beat Subnautica :toot: (and got the platinum to boot)

It is still incredibly buggy - once I unlocked a bunch of fast travel near the end, the game started crashing again probably because it still can't handle loading different parts of the map rapidly. So I'd still recommend waiting on it.

But man, technical issues aside that was a great game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's unfortunate to hear it's still got problems, but they at least fixed the save thing right?

tho speaking of crashing, I tried out xcom 2 for the first time after getting it on ps+ a while ago and I'm surprised they haven't fixed some of this stuff. like how it hitches up for a second every time you choose an action or how framey it can get. stopped playing after it crashed

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's unfortunate to hear it's still got problems, but they at least fixed the save thing right?

Yeah the save thing is totally fixed and it's the only thing that made it absolutely unplayable. Now it just struggles to load things and has lots of pop in and framerate issues. Hence why I figure the crashing I experienced towards the end was related to loading since fast travel makes it have to load way more at once.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I find the worst thing about GameStop to be that they can't manage to ring out a single transaction in less than minutes, no matter how simple the transaction is. No I don't want any of the other bullshit you are trying to upsell me on, I just want the thing I came in for. Then there was the time I took advantage of a pretty sweet deal to upgrade from my Xbox One S to an X and they wouldn't accept the trade in because I had already wiped the hard drive, which is something their website specifically tells you to do before bringing the system in for trade.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Over There posted:

Someone reduced the brightness and got this

got what, what does mean. how is this twitter related to kojima. just seems to be post random images. metal gear!?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

JB Hi-Fi the Australian electronics supermonster charged my GF $60 for extended warranty on my Switch and whatever other bits she got me and I'm like those loving assholes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The secret to figuring out which GameStops are the good ones is to find the ones where the employees don't give a poo poo about corporate quotas and ok with just skirting by. Which are typically the third keys who have no ambitions to get promoted to management because they're going to college or recently graduated and looking for a job in their field.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
oh god oh god oh god i never really stopped believing. #neverbegameover

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Oh my heavens I have just run into Pocket Circuit Fighter and I am absolutely beaming! 17 years! Good grief! Is this something that was in the original and you just had to assume there was a past or is it brand new to Kiwami?

Chapter 5 already. I am playing this way quicker than 0!

Anything that feels like it came from 0 did and anything that feels out of place from 0 is because they had to take the original game story, not change it at all, but still structure it around the more modern sensibilities of the series. So Majima is a straight up psycho villain (like he was in OG Yakuza 1) but he is also Kiryu’s good friend in Kiwami.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Vikar Jerome posted:

Oh lord

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStranding/comments/a7spy8/ive_done_it_the_code_is_decyphered/

might have been cracked, i gotta go to sleep dammit kojima!!! but it might be wagners closing line from the e3 deep dive

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

:vince: :vince:

the lelalelilo!?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
For Tetris effect on sale at GameStop I paid the extra $5 for standard shipping just so I wouldn't have to deal with mysterious bullshit about it not being in stock and all that

And yeah kuwami 1 is disjointed as hell with what's from 0 vs original. Thank God k2 is phenomenal because otherwise I'd be playing 6 instead of waiting on 3-5

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 20, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

wheres beep grandpa, he broke mr. shakedown into billions and billions of yen with video proof, it was incredible to watch and even better to learn from.

Yeah, Beep needs to get in here because as it turns out I'm extremely rusty. Also I have terrible taste in titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN2TOMnmUYk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk2BFTW_hCQ&t=156s

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Was Castlevania requiem on sale for a short time ? Went to go buy it and it’s back up to $20.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

fit em all up in there posted:

Was Castlevania requiem on sale for a short time ? Went to go buy it and it’s back up to $20.

looks like it was only on sale for a day:

https://en.psprices.com/region-us/game/2469082/castlevania-requiem-symphony-of-the-night-and-rondo-of-blood

I've never heard of sales that short, especially starting on a Tuesday?

Cattywampus
Oct 14, 2008

Yakuza Kiwami 1+2 are essentially remakes of the first two Yakuza games, right?

As someone who is completely new to the series should I start with Kiwami 1, or Yakuza 0?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cattywampus posted:

Yakuza Kiwami 1+2 are essentially remakes of the first two Yakuza games, right?

As someone who is completely new to the series should I start with Kiwami 1, or Yakuza 0?

start with 0. it's a prequel and a better game than kiwami besides

Cattywampus
Oct 14, 2008

Will do, thanks. Also, that's crazy about Castlevania: Requiem being back up at full price again, it was listed at 11.99 around 60-90 minutes ago

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Manatee Cannon posted:

lol dude it's my opinion. it's one thing if you disagree or want to defend the boss but it's hard to engage with "your opinion is wrong" posts

lol

Vikar Jerome posted:

HELL yes. Bring on the pain

eNOS LIVES!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A Real Gamer would play, in order, Yakuza, Yakuza 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 0, Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Kibayasu posted:

A Real Gamer would play, in order, Yakuza, Yakuza 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 0, Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2.

Lol if you identify as a real gamer

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Guys stop fighting at Christmas or I'm gonna loving scream :(

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

JBP posted:

Guys stop fighting at Christmas or I'm gonna loving scream :(

Mom?!?!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kojima thing.

Seems like a wet fart. It's a line from a trailer which may give it more significance, but ehhhhhh.

Might be more to it but that seems like it. Never ceases to amaze me how fast reddit nerds can brute force try every weird combo of file changes they can think of to solve these arg's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im just impressed that somebody finally managed to make a real video game. thank you, kojima.