Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Haukadalur Geezer posted:

Any clever ideas on how to deal with shitlord AFK mage campers/bots hogging all the namers? I'm KS'ing them when I can, but they have a huge advantage and are clearly automating game play - not that reporting them will do much, since every ticket I've filed with Daybreak so far has gotten a "gently caress you, don't care" reply.

Get your own /pickzone?

Figure out his IP and pay some bitcoins to get him DDOSed?

Play on a server where best in slot items aren't camped by afk mages for resale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

jetz0r posted:

Play on a server where best in slot items aren't camped by afk mages for resale?

This is pretty much the solution I hit on.

Edit: More content -
The stuff you buy with Marks of Valor, can it be resold?
Do you get less marks per heroic adventure at lower level? Someone posted they got 200ish per run at 100.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Hoohah posted:

This is pretty much the solution I hit on.

Edit: More content -
The stuff you buy with Marks of Valor, can it be resold?
Do you get less marks per heroic adventure at lower level? Someone posted they got 200ish per run at 100.

Pretty sure currency rewards scale with level. And I think some of the armor for sale is tradable T1 armor from various expansions.

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
Weird as the TLP server economies are, it feels pretty cool to snag a drop that idiots value at $30+. Even if you don't cash the Kronos out for dollars or sub time the value of a Krono will only increase plat wise.

Can only imagine what the real RMTers are making on this server. I saw SMR going for 4 Krono. Also saw a guildmate have 5 drop in the span of 5 hours. That's pretty good hourly if you can keep it up.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Dracneir posted:

Weird as the TLP server economies are, it feels pretty cool to snag a drop that idiots value at $30+. Even if you don't cash the Kronos out for dollars or sub time the value of a Krono will only increase plat wise.

Can only imagine what the real RMTers are making on this server. I saw SMR going for 4 Krono. Also saw a guildmate have 5 drop in the span of 5 hours. That's pretty good hourly if you can keep it up.

8 krono for Djarn's ring. The hardcore RMT guys are calling the server "second christmas".

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

jetz0r posted:

Get your own /pickzone?

Figure out his IP and pay some bitcoins to get him DDOSed?

P99 red is a server for 150 mentally disturbed weirdos and/or junkie nerds, and blue is a horrible shitshow with regards to end-game. Phinigel is insanely populated and a lot of fun, that's why these RMT Bots are there in the first place. The demand is huge.

I feel worse for the lowbies who come here thinking they can get some XP or score some upgrades, only to get KS'ed by a mage pet on autopilot. I'll try to wipe the mage out and see how that goes, but she came right back after a pick reset and auto-summoned pet, buffed it and started grinding again.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
And I'd put better odds on you getting in trouble for zone disruption than a botter getting removed but That's Our SOE Daybreak!

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

jetz0r posted:

Pretty sure currency rewards scale with level. And I think some of the armor for sale is tradable T1 armor from various expansions.

It's Group T4 gear (stuff from Volska's Husk and Convorteum; Morell's Castle and Sanctum Somnium; etc) so it's all no drop.

Would be nice to be able to sell it back when done with it for some points.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

Stanos posted:

And I'd put better odds on you getting in trouble for zone disruption than a botter getting removed but That's Our SOE Daybreak!

I suppose... Although AFK-men don't fraps, and I am very stealthy (gnome, wizard, TL box up at all times).

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone got a huge pile of kronos looking to make a few bucks? I could use 2 or 3.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ye same, need to re sub in a week.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
As far as Phinny and Runnyeye go, you are just better off saving up the cash, buying the krono and paying for a BAM. The sooner you save, the cheaper it's going to be for you. Camping it is going to be a very rare possibility because it's best in slot for a long time and is stupid easy to get for them. They aren't rare. I see 2 or 3 for sale every day for only 2 krono. You could train the piss out of them I suppose. They didn't do anything to Besteva or Kevon for habitual training but then again Besteva has like 90 accounts and farms 5 servers which pays half of the Daybreak staffs payroll so there is that. Kevon got banned for having the disruptive guildtag Pixel Pirate, not the supertrains.

I'm more worried when Kunark hits and there are more items that are high dollar.

EverQuest Blog Post Time: Skip over this if you don't want to read about what I think would be cool or me whining about this and that.

My shaman is pretty much best in slot outside of Sky now. Got a full set of planar, resist gear set and other goodies. I have every high demand item for a melee as well just from camping during double exp weekends. Of course I played a very unhealthy amount to amass all this wealth and have gotten several other classes into the 30s and out of that utter poo poo period that is the lower levels.

My problem is I really feel the loss of the double exp weekends. I still have a nest egg on live and I'm wondering if I should just move back there to play an alt and get my raid fix here on Phinny. The instances are really cool despite not being 100% right now.

I figured I'd enjoy leveling on live more but it may be too much of an accelerated rate for me, which is strange to say. I remember last time I did it, it was difficult to keep up my skills with the speed my merc left a trail of destruction but I didn't get very far in levels. How do people normally level new characters? Just shotgun level and deal with it on offtime? I know about the defiant gear and how cool it is and have a 65 time geared beastlord to help out with the leveling as well.

What's it like on a real server when it comes to RMT/Mage armies monopolizing everything? Is it just specific poo poo people want like hate/fear demis for AoNs and such or does it even affect the end game?
I'm pretty sure I have all that kind of stuff that I'd ever want anyway, at least up to the PoP era.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Givin posted:

What's it like on a real server when it comes to RMT/Mage armies monopolizing everything? Is it just specific poo poo people want like hate/fear demis for AoNs and such or does it even affect the end game?
I'm pretty sure I have all that kind of stuff that I'd ever want anyway, at least up to the PoP era.

This is like someone from 1905 asking how we deal with all the horse poo poo in the streets from so many people living in cities now days.

It's a non-issue on real servers. Our raids are all instanced. most gear is no drop, and best in slot items don't drop from green cons.

quote:

I figured I'd enjoy leveling on live more but it may be too much of an accelerated rate for me, which is strange to say. I remember last time I did it, it was difficult to keep up my skills with the speed my merc left a trail of destruction but I didn't get very far in levels. How do people normally level new characters? Just shotgun level and deal with it on offtime? I know about the defiant gear and how cool it is and have a 65 time geared beastlord to help out with the leveling as well.
Combat skills seem to keep up alright, and they catch up quickly. Casting and song skills literally take longer than leveling does. Plus the character can't do anything till the skills are closer to max. Plowing through levels, then working on skills with an autofire button overnight is how I do it.

If you mean where to level, go with your favorite old world dungeons. They have a good exp mod, and are a lot more fun than killing poo poo in a field for 60 levels outside Crescent Reach. You get about 2-4 clears before the exp dries up and it's time to move on to the next one.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

jetz0r posted:

This is like someone from 1905 asking how we deal with all the horse poo poo in the streets from so many people living in cities now days.

It's a non-issue on real servers. Our raids are all instanced. most gear is no drop, and best in slot items don't drop from green cons.

Haha, this is pretty much exactly the case. I quit 30 mins after killing Quarm back when that was the big rear end race for world first so any features added after Planes of Power time instancing is mystery and magic to me. Thanks! I think I will gently caress about on live too!

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I love Live, but are you expecting grouping? There's virtually no such thing at anything below the max level. I guess you could be proactive and spam chat channels that you are looking for more players for a dungeon, but ya know, to be honest, it's not worth the bother, and you might end up with some doofus.

I've been 4-boxing for some years and have a lot of fun. Have levelled a ton of alts, done epics, tons of quests, tradeskills, you name it. Still actively playing; just recently started diving into Rain of Fear and CotF content. I love having a box army and meticulously managing spells, AAs, inventory and gear for them all. There is soooo much to do; every week I add some new quest or item to my TODO list. This week I finally completed the epic ornament quest, so I run around with modern weapons that look like Monk Epic 1.0 and 2.0 respectively.

Every week when you first begin playing again you'll discover some new feature or aspect of the game you didn't know about. EQ is insanely deep, because it is so non-streamlined and has mushroomed so much over the years. Completely different systems with regards to questing, grouping, raiding, currencies, etc. There are so many obscure features that no one would discover unless told about; such as Legends of Norrath loot cards, veteran rewards, /claim items, housing, guild halls, a million item clickies, tradeskill trophies, hot zones, heroic adventures, tradeskill crafting, you name it. It's crazy and I still discover new features I didn't know about. It's cool how you can find some 10-year old quest that rewards a useful item these days still.

You can't powerlevel much with a level 65. You're better off levelling pretty much solo with a tank merc, and use your BL to provide some pitiful buffs, haste for example. Then you can group together when the alt is (65 * 2/3) ~= level 43.

With regards to RMT'ing and monopolizing spawns, jetz0r is right. However, for some reason stuff like Trakanon, Plane of Fear golems, Dagarn in NToV and poo poo like that are still almost perma-killed. I guess I'm guilty of killing them too, just "because", when I'm nearby. At level 100 most players can insta-kill any old world / Kunark mob, and you can survive death touches! :D

Just ask if you have more questions. :)

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 7, 2016

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

Givin posted:

As far as Phinny and Runnyeye go, you are just better off saving up the cash, buying the krono and paying for a BAM. The sooner you save, the cheaper it's going to be for you. Camping it is going to be a very rare possibility because it's best in slot for a long time and is stupid easy to get for them.

I've gotten 3 BAM's in the past day, one for me and two for guildies to wear, with these mages sitting here trying to compete. Most of them are bots, but one guy I spoke with is an actual Chinese gold farmer - we exchanged pleasantries in my limited Mandarin, and I won't KS him because he's actually running around doing things.

What irks me is that people think this is somehow OK now. I'd like to earn my pixels, not buy them from some nerd for :10bux:. Money to buy Krono is not the issue - I actually enjoy the process of gearing up and progressing my dude.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

I'd like to earn my pixels, not buy them from some nerd for :10bux:. Money to buy Krono is not the issue - I actually enjoy the process of gearing up and progressing my dude.

I find this an odd complaint on a server where playing that way is the whole point of it. That problem doesn't exist in almost every other MMO ever, including Live EQ.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

xZAOx posted:

I find this an odd complaint on a server where playing that way is the whole point of it. That problem doesn't exist in almost every other MMO ever, including Live EQ.

What? Krono exists on every live server as well, and in EVE Online, and to some extent in WoW as well now. Not sure I understand.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

What? Krono exists on every live server as well, and in EVE Online, and to some extent in WoW as well now. Not sure I understand.

Your complaint is because it's overcamped and overfarmed and that you can't go earn your pixels directly to progress your character. Not about krono / game time tokens.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

xZAOx posted:

Your complaint is because it's overcamped and overfarmed and that you can't go earn your pixels directly to progress your character. Not about krono / game time tokens.

Sorry, I like the high population, but I don't like competing against cheaters, that's really all I was saying. Competing with players for spawns is fine, competing with a bot is not.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Did my first HA with the gnome in Dead Hills. It was really easy, just trash mobs and one named mosquito.

The XP from the mobs was not significant, but with Lesson I got 37 AAs on each of my chars when doing the final hail. Very satisfying compared to grinding intensely in a hot zone for 30-40 minutes to get the same amount. Right after doing the hail I teleported to somewhere else and finished burning the Lesson. Topped off with the daily HZ quest from Teek and a total of maybe 80 AA per character, with room for improvement. Nice!

I wonder a bit about these "Collectible" items I got. Are they just for..... uh, collecting for the sake of? Achievements and putting in a house? I see some go for obscene amounts on the baz.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Tai posted:

A good chunk of them are in Echoes of Elysium but there's a chat channel too.

Is it possible to get an EoE invite without having a character near raiding capable? Also what's the channel name, goons?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Pilsner posted:

I wonder a bit about these "Collectible" items I got. Are they just for..... uh, collecting for the sake of? Achievements and putting in a house? I see some go for obscene amounts on the baz.

Check the Collections tab under COTF achievements.

Each completed set is worth ~10AA or some level exp. Plus completing all the sets in an expansion has some other bonus reward. (Use the item to Collect it)

Nur_Neerg posted:

Also what's the channel name, goons?

serverwide.gchat:fygm

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Nur_Neerg posted:

Is it possible to get an EoE invite without having a character near raiding capable? Also what's the channel name, goons?

I'm not in said guild so I couldn't tell you if there's any rules regarding level requirements etc.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I've been routing AFK mage camps by FD'n onto them. Murdered some dude camping the dhampyre in MM this way repeatedly until he left. Turned out he was being KS'd an ench bot on the roof the whole time anyways, who would charm the mob and drag it up to him then kill it. Bot on bot violence, when will it end?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
TLP servers are just pathetic. There isn't going to be a fan fair this year (or ever) because people will probably murder each other, and daybreak would have to answer questions about the rampant botting and apathetic customer service.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
What's the hot classes to play for live raiding nowadays? Just wanted to know more out of personal curiosity. I don't think I could ever level a character and get gear/AA to raid.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nur_Neerg posted:

Yes. Shoot me a tell if you see me on and I'll get you an invite. Name is Threesix.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

RCarr posted:

Yes. Shoot me a tell if you see me on and I'll get you an invite. Name is Threesix.

I, too, as a level 15 rogue, would like to join your guild. Not anywhere near raiding, but feel lonely without /guildchat. My name in game is Ratcatcher.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Is there anyone still playing on test? Contemplating starting something to poopsock around for awhile.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Botnit posted:

Is there anyone still playing on test? Contemplating starting something to poopsock around for awhile.

I'm killing time on Test waiting for the Overwatch beta to come back up. Have two teams of warrior, shaman, berserker, cleric, bard, and ranger (yes two of each of the same class, it wasn't intentional!) at different levels (75 and 90). Am working through some stuff on the lower level team (just finished 2.0s last night) by using the stronger team to blow poo poo up like anguish, vishimtar, parts of demi plane, etc.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

Node posted:

TLP servers are just pathetic. There isn't going to be a fan fair this year (or ever) because people will probably murder each other, and daybreak would have to answer questions about the rampant botting and apathetic customer service.

That's because they were bought out and are being run by a skeleton crew. They have 1 GM for everything.
Although as far as cheating goes, Phinigel tames in comparison to all the other poo poo that went down on live.

ClassActJerk
Nov 4, 2010

My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.

Botnit posted:

I'm planning on rolling a new test char. I have a few 80's there but I want to level up something new.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
With the new models, can anyone give me an idea what the races looks like in armor sets (mainly plate). Picking vanity for my warrior and want to know how the plate is gonna look. Thanks.

Wating for my Waiting for my ISBoxer 7 day trial to activate. ugh.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please don't use the new models. It's an injustice.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

RCarr posted:

Please don't use the new models. It's an injustice.

I read somewhere that using old models can mess with mounts. Is that not true or is it not an issue?

If old models is an option, does new gear use velious models for armor?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Where is a good place to get groups at 15? S. Ro crocs and caimans aren't great xp, even though groups are all over. Is U. Guk good for groups? I never went to Guk until 38 or so for dead froggies.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Only old model that can use mounts are humans. Velious textures are old models only.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

DerekSmartymans posted:

Where is a good place to get groups at 15? S. Ro crocs and caimans aren't great xp, even though groups are all over. Is U. Guk good for groups? I never went to Guk until 38 or so for dead froggies.

Yeah both Upper Guk and Unrest is great for you around that level. Highpass Hold orcs was also alright, but it's only one camp, and there will never be many instances open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

Botnit posted:

i'm on test (Farrokh/Farson) but I don't really "play" lol. If you need stuff let me know.