Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

I am annoyed we will never see Liam's reaction to this announcement (and so is he). Really should have watched and recorded the SE conference guys!
So, when's Liam+Woolie LP Nier?

I remember the Zaibatsu discussing Nier in the podcast, but I don't remember if all of them played it/know the story. If there's one person that hasn't it would be fun to carry them along for the ride.

that or do drakengard 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I think Liam played through Nier. He should pilot that goddamn Nier LP.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/t...-new-title.aspx

this game sounds nuuuuuts when's week of transformers, matt

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/610870588647862272/

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

The Deadly Alliance of James Small and Liam on the podcast is the best. :allears:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
which is quan chi

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Blockhouse posted:

which is quan chi
James Small.

Liam steals the souls of others to maintain his youth.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
So long as Zach ends up with a little skull helmet like Shao Kahn this is an idea I can get behind.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Will be recording a mystery box and some other stuff with James and Woolie tomorrow!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

Will be recording a mystery box and some other stuff with James and Woolie tomorrow!

James Small is the Fifth Ranger.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Dias posted:

James Small is the Fifth Ranger.

Who's Billy?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So Sony confirmed that Shenmue 3 is Bloodstained-style in having the kickstarter to just gauge interest. They're funding and creating the game themselves ala SFV, Bloodborne.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

HGH posted:

I am annoyed we will never see Liam's reaction to this announcement (and so is he). Really should have watched and recorded the SE conference guys!

Just imagine it being something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DYRzTvrrP8

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tae posted:

So Sony confirmed that Shenmue 3 is Bloodstained-style in having the kickstarter to just gauge interest. They're funding and creating the game themselves ala SFV, Bloodborne.

I will say...I'm kind of worried that this sort of thing starts being used basically as a way to demand pre-orders. These days companies are always pestering folks to pre-order poo poo, but if you don't want to there's nothing stopping you from saying "gently caress you" and waiting until the game hits the public. I do not want the games industry to start demanding seed money from the customer before making anything at all.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I will say...I'm kind of worried that this sort of thing starts being used basically as a way to demand pre-orders. These days companies are always pestering folks to pre-order poo poo, but if you don't want to there's nothing stopping you from saying "gently caress you" and waiting until the game hits the public. I do not want the games industry to start demanding seed money from the customer before making anything at all.

So you'd rather have nothing.

J/k. I know what you mean, it is a worrying development indeed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's hard to judge it because Shemnue 3 is such an incredibly unique circumstance involving a third-party IP with a freelance contractor. I imagine the easiest path to negotiation was "Prove that Shemnue is still wanted."

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

D'awww. He cares. Also gently caress yes Platinum Star Fox.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Can this be? A whole day without video content?! Is this the end of the zaibatsu?

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
If you want to blame anyone, it's on Pat this time.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
It's Matt's computer though, probably, since it was at Matt's house. Not complaining though, 1.5 hour video + 1.5 hour face cam video + rendering crap just takes a long rear end time.

Oh well stuff will get up ASAP. Also Liam and Pat are doing the PC Gaming conference that's going on right now.

It's not what people thought it was. Day[9] is hosting a talk show. So yeah...this has been a little eh.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Really, they're doing the PC conference and skipped the Sony/Ubi one? Bleh.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tae posted:

They did the Sony one. It's still rendering/uploading/whatever's taking time.

edit: They also did the Nintendo one.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
They did consoles plus PC, makes sense.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Tae posted:

Really looking forward to their reactions to 20 minutes of AMD guy talking about graphics cards

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

havenwaters posted:

They did the Sony one. It's still rendering/uploading/whatever's taking time.

edit: They also did the Nintendo one.

I meant Square, not Sony. typo.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
They really hosed up by not doing square

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I can't wait until the pc conference video where Liam and Pat die from lack of stimulus as AMC and Windows 10 advertisements roll in the background.

Square was such a great roller coaster ride, I would have loved to see them react to the Kingdom Hearts 3 trolling.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I am half-convinced Square makes small games just to troll as punchlines.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
One Last Thing: we here at Square are making an RPG. Well, see you fuckers at TGS.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Where's the bible black LW??? I thought that's why they flew in James Small??!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The pc show was two and a half hours of total misery

So that's something to look forward to

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

sony
http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/best-friends-watch-sony-e3-2015/

nintendo
http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/best-friends-watch-nintendo-e3-2015/

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Matt, I totally agree with you in regards to why TLG still looks like a PS3 game instead of improved graphics for the PS4. I was asking myself the same question whenever I looked at the kid and the birddog.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Holy crap the stream quality

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat and Liam not disappointing.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Pat talking about Porcelain/Fine China Amiibos...

Clearly, the next step would be to make them out of Nougat or Sugar or something. Can't get hot, can't get wet, won't work if eaten. Please enjoy this free money, Iwata-san.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
After Liam's reaction to that Metroid garbage I'm officially convinced he's attempting to be a modern Andy Kaufman.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Can others access the latest podcast on the site by the way? I went to listen to it while doing some morning work and the page is just blank like the links broken or something.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So Pat/Liam LP of the FF7 remake is confirmed right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Rodyle posted:

So Pat/Liam LP of the FF7 remake is confirmed right?

Liam will be just as jaded and cynical as the rest of the gang by the time it comes out.