Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I like these characters, minus Mineta, so I feel pretty bad that I can't remember everyone's name despite having read the entire manga up to now.

if I didn't read this thread I would have no clue what half of the characters names are but I love them all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
He can be like spiderman. sticking people together or against objects. place them all over the floor and turn things into a minefield. There are lots of options. He'd be a great support ttpe hero.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I don't think he can stick to his own balls, so it would be less like spider-man and more like building a lovely ladder.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Begemot posted:

I feel like I know at least one of everyone's names except tentacle boy. The guy whose room was literally nothing, with the weird hand mouth.

And of course the class B people besides Shinsou, the mind control dude, and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, for obvious reasons.

Tentacle boy is called Shouji and he is my favourite so please remember his name. For me I have trouble remembering Kouda's name because it sounds so similar to Kouta that I get confused.

I would be surprised if anyone remembered many of class B's kids though. I can only recall Kendou and Tetsutesu because they took out gasmask kid not too long ago.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Mineta is a fine piece of trash

He's not as gross as most gross perv characters, but he's not nearly as great as my trashboy Joshuu, but then hell who could be

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Manatee Cannon posted:

sticky hairballs are extremely useful? I'm not seeing it

He's basically immune to any kind of edged or pointed weapon and if he can figure out a way to evenly spread the kinetic energy, would be bulletproof as well. He could also lure people into getting stuck onto a wall or floor and basically be a sitting duck.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Imagine he is up against Spiderman who is crawling up the wall. One well placed throw and suddenly Spiderman is stuck as the ball pins his hand to the wall. In other words, with a bit of finesse it is basically an ideal supper capture twerk.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

since when were his balls indestructible . why wouldn't the edged/piointed thing just go through the ball

sticky balls can lead to some inventive fights for sure but c'mon

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Manatee Cannon posted:

since when were his balls indestructible . why wouldn't the edged/piointed thing just go through the ball
The going theory is that if you tried to attack one of the balls whatever you use would get stuck to it before it could do damage

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

but if it were sharp, the edge would just go through the ball

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Manatee Cannon posted:

but if it were sharp, the edge would just go through the ball

blade catching

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Tentacle boy is called Shouji and he is my favourite so please remember his name. For me I have trouble remembering Kouda's name because it sounds so similar to Kouta that I get confused.

I would be surprised if anyone remembered many of class B's kids though. I can only recall Kendou and Tetsutesu because they took out gasmask kid not too long ago.

Gasmask kid is Mustard.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
my favorite thing about mineta is his power is being very sticky which makes too much sense

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I figure that they're not like balls covered in sticky goop, but actually balls of sticky goop. So if you try to cut it, it's like thick tar. Maybe you go through, but maybe you just get stuck.

I have no basis for this theory.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

As with all things in comic books, they are whatever is narratively convenient.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I like Mineta, but only because anime has developed a relationship for me between pervy old men. He's like a twist to that, where is a young man that is going to become like master Roshi or Hipposai and that makes him strangely endearing seeing what he is going through now.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Imagine he is up against Spiderman who is crawling up the wall. One well placed throw and suddenly Spiderman is stuck as the ball pins his hand to the wall. In other words, with a bit of finesse it is basically an ideal supper capture twerk.

Autocorrect did beautiful things to this sentence.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Manatee Cannon posted:

Imagine Mineta jamming one of his balls into your face - you'd suffocate!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Blackheart posted:

I want way more Mina Ashido

Yes. She is the best. Hagakure is also the best. They are a dream team of cheerfulness.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
With all the "Hagakure is the traitor" talk floating around I kind of raised an eyebrow at her bedroom's most prominent decoration being a giant stuffed rat.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Tsuyu crying is not okay

Also anyone who even thinks to suggest she's the traitor needs a United States of SMASH from All Might

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Oxxidation posted:

With all the "Hagakure is the traitor" talk floating around I kind of raised an eyebrow at her bedroom's most prominent decoration being a giant stuffed rat.

Sometimes students crush on their principal. Ever see Saved by the Bell?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I can't recall offhand since I'm tired but I think a gadget that works pretty much exactly like Mineta's quirk was used to beat a Superman-tier superhero in American comics once.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Say Nothing posted:

Imagine Mineta jamming one of his balls into your face

i'd rather not

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fabricated posted:

I can't recall offhand since I'm tired but I think a gadget that works pretty much exactly like Mineta's quirk was used to beat a Superman-tier superhero in American comics once.
oh okay well one time squirrel girl beat doctor doom

point is, "it happened once in western comics" isn't really a good defense of something

(yes I know they took the squirrel girl beating doctor doom thing and spun it off into its own hilarious thing and now she's one of the most powerful characters in the universe)

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
When I see Mineta's balls in action (:ironicat:) I think mostly of the weapon that Syndrome invented in The Incredibles. They work basically like that, right? It took down Mr. Incredible, so that's pretty good!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Mineta: the Paste Pot Pete of MHA.

I tend to think the traitor will be somebody that will just tear out the heart of the fandom and stomp on it. So obviously it will be Tsuyu.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Premium Ochako is her villain costume.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I maintain there is an 80% chance of the traitor being a literally who, with the remaining 20% being divided between Monoma (copy rear end in a top hat) and Hagekure.

Maybe Ojiro if we're gonna go with the "normal guy" being the traitor.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

EDIT: Nevermind, someone already mentioned it.

Fabricated posted:

Maybe you're thinking of The Incredibles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_OKGELcn0&t=131s (2:10)

Petiso fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 14, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Oxxidation posted:

Ah, so you're the thread's traitor.

Maybe she was born in the year of the rat, or maybe she like future Japanese off-brand Mickey.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Mineta is OK. He makes funny faces like when he's all smug about being comfortably mediocre in the written tests. I was gonna post the image but Imgur is being a piece of poo poo lately and I can't edit or even upload anything.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Everytime I read a new chapter I have flashbacks to Bakogou and his family and it's just the best thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ruggington posted:

if I didn't read this thread I would have no clue what half of the characters names are but I love them all

Begemot posted:

I feel like I know at least one of everyone's names except tentacle boy. The guy whose room was literally nothing, with the weird hand mouth.

And of course the class B people besides Shinsou, the mind control dude, and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, for obvious reasons.

I'm way worse at it because someone will say Izuku and I'll be like

Some you just don't forget like Hagakure or Yaoyorozu but if someone says Momo I'm hosed.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The important thing is to always remember the hero name "I cannot stop twinkling"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah he might not be the most interesting character in the class. he might even be the least interesting, now that i think about it. but out of everyone he still has the best hero name, hands down.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I hope they play up the "Deku should be at least a couple times as strong as the average fit adult man with his full cowl" thing at some point, since so far they've only really focused on the "fast and agile" element of it. He should be able to overpower pretty much any character that doesn't have something that specifically boosts their strength in some way.

To be more specific, I'm hoping they don't express his power as "fast and agile and only hits really hard if he specifically calls out a move or uses his 100% punch." Every single punch he throws should be capable of causing huge damage to someone without exceptional durability.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fabricated posted:

It was in Marvel's Supreme Power - A villain called Redstone has a sticky polymer stuck over his face, suffocating him until he passes out.
I am a nerd.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
If Mineta makes someone swallow one of his balls, will they die of asphyxiation?

If he does the same, but with a butt, will the person die from constipation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They stay sticky for like a day at most I think so it'd be yes to the first and no to the second.

Those big sticky balls in The Incredibles were very effective at taking down a super-strength hero. So obviously Mineta could take down full cowl Deku if he plays his cards right.