Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Namtab posted:

So you don't know what "or" means? Because you were offered multiple choices.

Is there a shred of ambiguity in this:

quote:

if labour are in government a few days after the election then it was a success.

Help me out here which bit don't you get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Gorn Myson posted:

Just to take this back to the threads foundations (video games), I like to think that when all of these Pissflaps accounts merge, the rest of us will merge with it in a manner very similar to the Helios ending of Deus Ex.

on the one hand this will mean fewer goons in the world and is thus a good thing, on the other hand i'm not sure how I feel living out the rest of my days as part of an omnigoon hivemind, arguing with myself about jeremy corbyn for as long as i draw breath

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Gorn Myson posted:

Just to take this back to the threads foundations (video games), I like to think that when all of these Pissflaps accounts merge, the rest of us will merge with it in a manner very similar to the Helios ending of Deus Ex.

I intend to use the power of my meme powered chaos god to enable me to fight for your freedom. The freedom to shitpost freely from any constraints.
Merde d'affichage sans frontières.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/867866670852960256

Blues under the bed.

https://twitter.com/election_data/status/867868013839515648

https://twitter.com/Samfr/status/867854253901180928

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Youngs Gotta Vote

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Is there a shred of ambiguity in this:

Help me out here which bit don't you get?

The bit where you said I wasn't right, and then picked one of the two options I offered (thus making me right). There's nothing ambiguous about you seemingly not being able to understand simple multiple choice.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Wowzer :stare:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kids won't vote, and the silent Tories will gently caress us all

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I know better than to Hope.

But I would not mind being pleasantly surprised on June 9th.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I can't believe my fellow Millenials will put down their iZunes and Avacado Toast down long enough to gently caress over the Olds. :getin:

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017
There's been a few 'keep the SNP out at all costs!' coalitions run here in local government between the Conservatives and Labour because obviously Labour and the SNP could never reach any agreement on anything, resulting in this necessarily alliance to stop the SNP wreckers from

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-40038302

Oh

e: decent bit of local history here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-40031177

Juliet Whisky fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 26, 2017

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I know that everyone says that hope is a lie and so on, but I implore you to remember the joy and optimism you felt on the day you woke up and found out that David Cameron hosed a dead pig.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Gorn Myson posted:

I know that everyone says that hope is a lie and so on, but I implore you to remember the joy and optimism you felt on the day you woke up and found out that David Cameron hosed a dead pig.

Thats no way to speak about Samantha Cameron

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Namtab posted:

The bit where you said I wasn't right, and then picked one of the two options I offered (thus making me right). There's nothing ambiguous about you seemingly not being able to understand simple multiple choice.

You added the 'with Corbyn as PM' stipulation.

Corbyn doesn't have to be PM for this to have been a successful election for labour. Labour being in government would make this a successful election for labour.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

You added the 'with Corbyn as PM' stipulation.

Corbyn doesn't have to be PM for this to have been a successful election for labour. Labour being in government would make this a successful election for labour.

Lol you think he's stepping down the day before or something?

Anyway now that we've established that I'm right, let's count down the days until the piggate anniversary

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Namtab posted:

Kids won't vote, and the silent Tories will gently caress us all

Yep. Elections are decided by the old fucks who never leave the house except to sneer at the Indian man who sells them their milk.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Gorn Myson posted:

Remember when that was by far the most insane thing in politics?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Pissflaps posted:

loving hell, even for a pedantic shithead like you this is some next level :wtc: poo poo, just go to bed so the adults can talk, gently caress sake

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Namtab posted:

Lol you think he's stepping down the day before or something?

Not at all but if you read back you'll remember you started asking me this question after this post:

nothing to seehere posted:

Also, Pissflaps, what is the minimum requirement for Labour to succeed? The Tories losing their majority? Or labour to be be able to form a agreement for a labour government despite a minority of seats? Or labour to take 326 seats?

And I gave him the same answer I've given you.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

loving hell, even for a pedantic shithead like you this is some next level :wtc: poo poo, just go to bed so the adults can talk, gently caress sake

Are there child and adult Cybertronian transformers?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

/\also probate this guy

Mods now that I unequivocally won the pedantry debate, please give me a sixer for taking part in the pedantry debate.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Are there child and adult Cybertronian transformers?

Very much so, please go to the Transformers thread in BSS to learn more

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

No I'm being the opposite of pedantic. Namtab and 'nothing to seehere' are attempting to create scenarios where labour win the election but I use sophistry to portray it as a loss.

That won't happen because the definition of success for labour is extremely simple.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Also interesting is that the Tory lead among 50-64 has dropped from 21 to 13.

Basically Labour have extended their lead among the under-50s and made significant inroads among the 50-64's, but the Tory lead among the 65+ remains massive and unchanged.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

TACD posted:

Somebody I usually consider fairly level–headed has done a Facebook post complaining about articles from the Canary being 'fake news' — it's obviously got a fairly lefty slant but AFAIK it's don't published anything that qualifies as 'fake'. Am I wrong?

It's bollocks

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Piss old boy, the lad you've been poo poo talking for the better part of two years is coming close to beating the Tories in an underdog story better than when Rocky beat up the Alien and the Predator in Aliens Vs Predators Vs Rocky Balboa. Gonnae just let us be happy that Corbyn might humiliate the Tories?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

jabby posted:

Also interesting is that the Tory lead among 50-64 has dropped from 21 to 13.

Basically Labour have extended their lead among the under-50s and made significant inroads among the 50-64's, but the Tory lead among the 65+ remains massive and unchanged.

+65 get their information from Print media and Print media print the opposite of reality.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

No I'm being the opposite of pedantic. Namtab and 'nothing to seehere' are attempting to create scenarios where labour win the election but I use sophistry to portray it as a loss.

That won't happen because the definition of success for labour is extremely simple.

It's Mr. Namtab to you.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gonzo McFee posted:

Piss old boy, the lad you've been poo poo talking for the better part of two years is coming close to beating the Tories in an underdog story better than when Rocky beat up the Alien and the Predator in Aliens Vs Predators Vs Rocky Balboa. Gonnae just let us be happy that Corbyn might humiliate the Tories?

chat poo poo get banged

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's an underdog story precisely because of Corbyn's failings for the last two years.

The result won't be close.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

It's an underdog story precisely because of Corbyn's failings for the last two years.

what do you predict the election results will be, in terms of vote % by party?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

JFairfax posted:

He's already said he predicts Labour to be below 30%, he's not getting away from that one.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

You're wrong on the first point. We'll see on the second.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

you've loving contradicted yourself in the same loving sentence. gently caress the gently caress off

"If Labour win it's a win, except when I say it's a loss" - Pissflaps, 2017

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

JFairfax posted:

I think the Tories will end up with a majority of about 60.

you've loving contradicted yourself in the same loving sentence. gently caress the gently caress off

...what is the contradiction ?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

School spending to fall by 7 per cent if Conservatives win election, Institute for Fiscal Studies says

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

I think the Tories will end up with a majority of about 60.

...what is the contradiction ?

lol that's not a prediction for vote share percentage

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If May loses this snap election because of her own lovely policies I don't know if I'll be able to stop laughing at her poor judgement.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Blaming Corbyn for the past two years is impressively wrong headed and stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grapplejack posted:

If May loses this snap election because of her own lovely policies I don't know if I'll be able to stop laughing at her poor judgement.

it will be loving hilarious

• Locked thread