Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
You know what I'd like to see? A President Trump and Postmaster General Ted Cruz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nav.
May 25, 2015

Lancelot posted:

It's short for Randolph.

Just like how "Ted" is short for "Rafael"

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Abel Wingnut posted:

thank gently caress gently caress that awful garbagepiece

Go lick a flagpole.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Abel Wingnut posted:

thank gently caress gently caress that awful garbagepiece

What's it like to hate everything that's good in this world

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Nichael posted:

Huh, I guess the one thing they all have in common is a vagina so that disqualifies them from working in defense.

I love how the right fetishizes, admires, and constantly talks about how well Putin's doing. It all seems weirdly sexual.

I had no idea about these women. That's really cool.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hey guys, what's up this morning?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Post 'em if you've got 'em.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
She was just a small town girl from north of the 51st parallel running away from her past.

He was a New York City development mogul searching for his soul in America's heartland.

Prepare yourself for America's most heartwarming tale. Coming this March from the makers of Field of Dreams, it's 'The Yugest Deal'

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Thump! posted:

A day is gonna come soon when people have no idea what movie this is referencing.

:smith:

They show it like all day for three days on tbs, it'll be fine

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Zelder posted:

Its a Wonderful Life will die before A Christmas Story.

Do they show A Miracle on 34th Street anymore?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Zelder posted:

Right but who the hell watches TBS?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Mendicant posted:

is anyone a bit flabbergast at 'rand paul'. rand like as in "ayn rand"

what's even weirder is his last name did you know it's the same as the other big ayn rand fan in congress, who also ran for president!!

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Sarah Palin is borderline retarded and literally more grating than Hillary Clinton despite not being anywhere near her level of corrupt subhuman slime. She's just so drat stupid its infuriating.

Trump hasn't made any mistakes so far, despite the media crying every other day that HE'S FINALLY DONE IT.

I'd be surprised if he trots her out on stage to endorse him, although since it's Trump, somehow it won't hurt him in the slightest and his numbers in New Hampshire will inexplicably rise.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Stoat posted:

If forced to vote for your favourite picture from this election, what would you vote? I'm stuck between furious trump with priest's hand on his face and crestfallen Cruz missing out on standing next to kim Davis

There's still no contest. Renaissance masters wish they could have painted a crowd scene like this.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Thank you, JESUS, for Lord PRESIDENT TRUMP

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

babypolis posted:

the great lesson from trump is that previous populist demaguoges really overestimated the average intelligence of their supporters. you can say the most obvious lies, deny things that came out of your own mouth only days before, change positions on the fly, pander in the laziest of ways, and none of it matters as long as you poo poo on the correct minority

You realise Trumps's main appeal is actually that A) He's not bought by donors and B) He's not an establishment politician? You really think he has no relation to the anti-establishment feeling surging in the West right now? There's a reason he does way better against Hillary than Bernie in the General polls.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

The Saurus posted:

You realise Trumps's main appeal is actually that A) He's not bought by donors and B) He's not an establishment politician? You really think he has no relation to the anti-establishment feeling surging in the West right now? There's a reason he does way better against Hillary than Bernie in the General polls.

For the billionth time, general election polls this far out are meaningless.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I'm pretty sure Trump's main appeal is that he says dumb racist poo poo that dumb racists like and nobody would give a flying gently caress about him if he didn't glide down a magical escalator and call mexicans a bunch of rapers

see: Donald Trump, 2012

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

oystertoadfish posted:

this is really cool. i love how little sense people make, and how much work it takes from people like yall to form a narrative out of it all. do they (edit: here 'they' means your supervisors or the people analyzing the data you're collating, this was confusing) ever tell you anything about how they weight the responses you get?

Sorry for the later reply here, but if you're still interested.

Short answer is no. Long answer is that my supervisors are just as in the dark about the methodology and "they" never tell us how they weight stuff (NBC/WSJ is the exception, since it's so straight forward that I can figure it out myself). For a lot of the push and "private" polls all I know is not all questions matter the way you think they do. Like, a question could be:

"Do you consider yourself to be a Tea Party supporter or more of a mainstream Republican?"

This sort of question is a demographic question, meaning it often comes either before or after the survey. If the question is before the survey starts, THEY are trying to control for that demographic. If the question comes at the end, they're trying to forecast for that demographic, or sometimes ever pander. Here's another example:

"On a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being not at all excited and 10 being very excited, how excited are you to vote in the November 2016 Election?"

This question always comes AFTER we ask how likely they are to vote (which is always controlled for) as well as WHO they are likely to vote for. This 1-10 is basically a sign of how enthusiastic the person is for their chosen candidate OR how much they're vulnerable to the push poll/TV propaganda. Lower response= more vulnerable, while Higher response = more vulnerable only IF their choice is more uncertain, and since we ask whether they'll Definitely or Probably vote for a given candidate, or just Lean towards that candidate...

Cephalocidal posted:

I don't suppose her name rhymed with "Clara Libertine" by any chance? It's difficult for me to believe there's more than one person that fits that bill, even in someplace as big as Texas.

Nope, it did not.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Mitt Romney posted:

For the billionth time, general election polls this far out are meaningless.

Also, that dude's totally full of poo poo anyway

not that I'm saying general election hypotheticals are worth a drat, but even if you believe they are, trump is definitely not winning any of them outside of the odd erstwhile fox news poll

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Fox Ironic posted:

"On a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being not at all excited and 10 being very excited, how excited are you to vote in the November 2016 Election?"

Do you just automatically code a 10 in your system as a vote for Jeb?!

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Fox Ironic posted:

Nope, it did not.

Amazing. Unless she got married in the last few years that means there's at least two of them.

Racismchat, is the antisemitism concentrated in specific black communities or is it an across the board thing? All my experience is purely anecdotal and super-limited so I'm curious as to whether it lines up across a wider geographical area. Black pentecostals hate Jews like they hate evolution in my neck of the woods but everyone else seems really chill.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

William Bear posted:

Do you just automatically code a 10 in your system as a vote for Jeb?!

No, which is a travesty.

Cephalocidal posted:

Amazing. Unless she got married in the last few years that means there's at least two of them.

Racismchat, is the antisemitism concentrated in specific black communities or is it an across the board thing? All my experience is purely anecdotal and super-limited so I'm curious as to whether it lines up across a wider geographical area. Black pentecostals hate Jews like they hate evolution in my neck of the woods but everyone else seems really chill.

Basically, I only have to worry about getting the targeted antisemitism/homophobia from the South excluding TX and FL (from everybody, not just Black people) and when I'm calling, and this is going to sound bad, Low-income Urban Black Communities (this does not apply to the lovely city of Oakland, CA, who are extremely polite to me every time I call that area).

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Cephalocidal posted:

I don't suppose her name rhymed with "Clara Libertine" by any chance? It's difficult for me to believe there's more than one person that fits that bill, even in someplace as big as Texas.

Snap thread poll: does libertine rhyme with Valentine or magazine?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I think I am losing my mind. I had a dream last night that Trump/Sanders ran 3rd party and won. In his victory speech Trump said "Well, I guess I can say it now, gently caress political correctness, and gently caress the establishment, the country is now in the hands of the people again!"

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

:eyepop:

Holy Jeb!. That can't be real.

e: Wait, just realised it's Florida and not national, lol. Rubio and Bush can't even win their home states. amazing.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Michael Corleone posted:

I think I am losing my mind. I had a dream last night that Trump/Sanders ran 3rd party and won. In his victory speech Trump said "Well, I guess I can say it now, gently caress political correctness, and gently caress the establishment, the country is now in the hands of the people again!"

Trump/Sanders could never win, they'd scare away all the minority voters.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Fox Ironic posted:

Trump/Sanders could never win, they'd scare away all the minority voters.

No, it's brilliant. They'd be too yooge to fail.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Where are all the polls

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

lmao that you dream about the death of political correctness

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Boosted_C5 posted:

Sarah Palin is borderline retarded and literally more grating than Hillary Clinton despite not being anywhere near her level of corrupt subhuman slime. She's just so drat stupid its infuriating.

:ironicat:

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Revelations 17
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

Petey fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 19, 2016

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Nav. posted:

Piyush "Bobby" Jindal

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Zelder posted:

lmao that you dream about the death of political correctness

That or gently caress being yelled at a moment of liberation is a friendly hello from the unconscious.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

of the myriad, myriad things you can make fun of Bobby Jindal for, going after the name he hasn't used since he was four is like the one that doesn't work

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Chantilly Say posted:

Snap thread poll: does libertine rhyme with Valentine or magazine?

Pulling the lever for magazine; every song that I've heard containing the word leans on /i/ for the latter i.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Make 'MERICA Great Again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Nav. posted:

Cruz's middle name is Edward. Ted is short for Edward.

• Locked thread