Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

the probe ships are vulnerable to being disrupted by radar interference. that's why we crank them up to mach 11 when they get to the place with all the radar, makes it more interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

gonna have me a big red flag printed up with (Credit to Linda Moulton Howe) on it

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

especially 1996 LMH when she was blowing up thanks to C2C, oops all chaff

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

The Saucer Hovers posted:

gonna have me a big red flag printed up with (Credit to Linda Moulton Howe) on it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Incredible new scoop from the world's most credulous person:

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/Debriefmedia/status/1783162391338815697

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lmao the use of “terran” and predestined births in that howe letter is p lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

If it's not two more weeks, it's always next year

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Came here to post this. Haven't listened yet but should be interesting. Gaipan has been around for quite a while and has put out good reports and has a lot of documentation online. It's one of the best examples to point to when people say dumb poo poo like "why are UFOs only an American thing?"

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

:gay:

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/NazcaMummies/status/1783167768721797391

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Winkle-Daddy posted:

I ended up e-mailing the author, I'm really curious if he is aware of experiences where it's not a deceased loved one, but someone the experiencer does not yet know showing up to provide some sort of comfort. It seems unlikely given that he works in hospice, but I also noticed he's done quite a lot of writing on the subject, so I'd really regret not taking the opportunity to reach out! Thanks for sharing :)

Oh that's really cool! Your experience is really interesting and one that had me start down the rabbit hole. Let us know if they respond.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

yeah but that doesn’t mean they’re not a conglomeration of parts yet, either. he did refuse to call them bodies.

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

The Grey posted:

Secret of Skinwalker Ranch Season Premier Report
Thanks for summing this up. I appreciate the writeup for a show I don't watch despite what other jokers say.

I thought there was supposed to be something about a picture on a cellphone proving God or contact at the end of the last season? Am I getting my stories mixed up? Hard to keep all this hokey poo poo straight sometimes.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Rickshaw posted:

20 and back, huh?

Respectfully, that's quite a powerful spell you've laid on yourself that you can't even hold the concept of ever being happy or fulfilled as an incarnate human being in any lifetime.

You misunderstand - there will certainly be glorious moments of subjective bliss and pleasure. I live them even right now, as my life plants itself firmly in a very difficult time, and a majority of my time is subjectively bad, there is much that brings me joy. I happen to know i'm loved by at least two people romantically, i have a family that loves me, I have many vectors by which i experience pleasure, joy, and love, and the things that make life worth living. I don't wanna erase what's good.

But I also, yes, see existence on earth as pretty hosed and unworthy of me and my spirit. Unworthy of all good hearts and loving souls, to be honest. We live under the shadow of a gigantic industrial trauma and suffering machine. If the suffering itself isn't the point, then it sure does feel like a product of a process that should mean the process be brought to an end rather than accellerated and amplified.

If this thing is just, if this place is not evil, i should be able to get off the ride if I so desire. Riot Bimbo so desires when her life comes to its natural and fated end, to not have another, without being destroyed or subsumed.

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 18:11 on Apr 24, 2024

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i dreamt of an alien talking to me. I wrote the experience down in a journal.

If any of what they said comes to pass, i'll share the journal, but they asked me not to share, like weirdly specifically fourth wall breaking request, so i won't, but i leave this as a reference in case it ever feels relevant to disclose that stuff anyway.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Riot Bimbo posted:

i dreamt of an alien talking to me. I wrote the experience down in a journal.

If any of what they said comes to pass, i'll share the journal, but they asked me not to share, like weirdly specifically fourth wall breaking request, so i won't, but i leave this as a reference in case it ever feels relevant to disclose that stuff anyway.
That's really interesting, I've dreamt of an alien talking to me a few times recently too. They also indicated that most of what was said has to remain a secret, at least for now. I hope what they said does come to pass.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

[UFOs]i dreamt of an alien talking to me.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

The Saucer Hovers posted:

[UFOs]i dreamt of an alien talking to me.
Posters itt will see an alien in their dreams and think "hell yeah"

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Radar please save me

I’m begging you Radar

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

-to the tune of I dream of genie- I dream of p'nti in their mountain lair

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Radar please save me

I’m begging you Radar

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
[Kicking a rock with hands in pocket] [Under my breath] Aliens haven't given me any dream messages

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

im going to give Radar the biggest noogie on his perfectly smooth round head when i see him

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

helta posted:

im going to give Radar the biggest noogie on his perfectly smooth round head when i see him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P6UCANEEwQ

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Reading someone's thesis on Tillich's ideas of ethics and morality ("theonomous reason") and the author keeps getting hung up on things like

The Metaethics of Paul Tillich posted:

One's essential nature = the essential nature of other persons = God

because

The Metaethics of Paul Tillich posted:

For one thing, the claim that the essential natures of man and God are identical makes it impossible to preserve the distinction between creature and creator, which has been an indispensable element of orthodox Christian theology (important for the contribution it makes to the feeling of awe and reverence in worship, even if for no other reason). And, even more serious from a philosophical point of view, the doctrine of the identity of one's own essential nature with that of other persons creates enormous difficulties for the philosophical problems of personal identity and individuation.

no. no it doesn't. ask anyone in this thread about the ideas Tillich was talking about here, friend, and they can explain some of it to you

the author also keeps expressing deep confusion/skepticism at the idea true ethical understanding comes from the Ground of Being and is communicated by the Spiritual Presence because, per Tillich, the knowledge of what "ought to be" is an ontological structure of reality but is not religious per se. This is also a thing that is very easy to understand for anyone that reads this thread regularly, I think, but the way the author is engaging them it is clear he is having / has had just the hardest time picking up what's being (heh) laid down and it's so frustrating that I just need to vent about it, aaaaaahhhhhh

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

helta posted:

He deserves it. Disclosure could have been much sooner/much more people could be seeing dream aliens, if it weren't for his fuckups.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Reading someone's thesis on Tillich's ideas of ethics and morality ("theonomous reason") and the author keeps getting hung up on things like

because

no. no it doesn't. ask anyone in this thread about the ideas Tillich was talking about here, friend, and they can explain some of it to you

the author also keeps expressing deep confusion/skepticism at the idea true ethical understanding comes from the Ground of Being and is communicated by the Spiritual Presence because, per Tillich, the knowledge of what "ought to be" is an ontological structure of reality but is not religious per se. This is also a thing that is very easy to understand for anyone that reads this thread regularly, I think, but the way the author is engaging them it is clear he is having / has had just the hardest time picking up what's being (heh) laid down and it's so frustrating that I just need to vent about it, aaaaaahhhhhh
Understandable! The author could have used some mind-freeing it sounds like.

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/jamescfox/status/1783201041397198904

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's funny... I've never had a contact dream.

I've had the sky full of giant crashing ships dream a few times but I don't want to count that as anything.

And though I can't lucid dream I have realized that in my dreams I am almost always able to fly. Like it's my default state in dreams, hovering above the ground. I don't have conscious control over it as such but I have been able to more willingly engage the power in my dreams to the point where I will fly from place to place and it doesn't strike me as weird

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol so Mr Fox checked that he was indeed in the military and then failed to do any further verification of claims of blue aliens and touching craft

secret space program!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

lol so Mr Fox checked that he was indeed in the military and then failed to do any further verification of claims of blue aliens and touching craft

secret space program!!

it's funny how often these clowns will go on about "journalistic responsibility" to cover for their sources but seem to think that responsibility does extend to... verifying whatever the gently caress they're saying or even if they are who they say they are

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Look radar, I know how fun the beach is, but a lot is riding on this. Please save catching waves for after disclosure is done

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

from the replies
https://twitter.com/jratcliff/status/1783201885161468087
Kinda like how Fruit of the Loom had a cornucopia, then it didn't and never did, and now it did again?

Hopefully we are on the funniest Trump timeline now!

Apr 24, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 20:51 on Apr 24, 2024

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

Riot Bimbo posted:

If this thing is just, if this place is not evil, i should be able to get off the ride if I so desire. Riot Bimbo so desires when her life comes to its natural and fated end, to not have another, without being destroyed or subsumed.

There won't be a Riot Bimbo to desire or not desire another life after the dying process. Dying without complete and total liberation is just gonna lead to another life, no choice from the being you think you are whatsoever. The being that you are couldn't care about the world or its current state if it tried, it's just here and now. That being said, I am definitely not liberated, and despite any of my wishes for or against another reincarnation, it's clear to me that the work isn't over when I see countless incarnations of myself everywhere I look.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

James Fox here,

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

We're so stupid. We've all been listening to Jason Sands. He's talking about Jayson Sands.

042424_3
Apr 24, 2024

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has issued a correction as of 20:07 on Apr 24, 2024

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/DoD_AARO/status/1783215130076959000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

those motherfuckers are seriously just gonna go "it's a balloon" for everything aren't they