Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Wellllllp.... a very furious type of Italian bumblebee followed me home tonight (BlackMK4 I blame you for suggesting this thing)

2012 Tuono v4 APRC w/6400miles. Showroom floor condition. It has an Akrapovic exhaust which I have learned was a dealer option; if you bought the Akra from them you got a code that unlocked the ECU to add "Race" map to the normal Track, Sport, Road selection. Non-dealer Akras or other aftermarket slipons and you have to pay $400+ to flash the ECU. I think it was a drat good deal too; I waited the seller out and talked him down to $8800. He kinda lived out in the sticks and his craigslist posting had terrible photos and a copy-paste of the press release stats so no one was biting.

Here is a gopro video of me riding it home tonight

the torque. the torque :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
I think Icon makes an armored codpiece.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Wellllllp.... a very furious type of Italian bumblebee followed me home tonight (BlackMK4 I blame you for suggesting this thing)

2012 Tuono v4 APRC w/6400miles. Showroom floor condition. It has an Akrapovic exhaust which I have learned was a dealer option; if you bought the Akra from them you got a code that unlocked the ECU to add "Race" map to the normal Track, Sport, Road selection. Non-dealer Akras or other aftermarket slipons and you have to pay $400+ to flash the ECU. I think it was a drat good deal too; I waited the seller out and talked him down to $8800. He kinda lived out in the sticks and his craigslist posting had terrible photos and a copy-paste of the press release stats so no one was biting.

Wow. I've never seen it in black and yellow before. It looks great!:thumbsup: I always thought Tuono's were beautiful bikes and that color scheme really works for it.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

leica posted:

You're right, I'm probably gonna crash and get the worst road rash in the history of road rashes but I'll just have to deal.

I suppose when the rest of your body looks like jelly, but has that intact melon sticking up out of it, you'll look more like an octopus than a squid :thumbsup:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

I waited the seller out and talked him down to $8800.

Hahahaha oh my God you stole that bike. What the hell is with you CA guys finding these bikes for obscene deals?

Where'd you have to bury his mother-in-law to get that price?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

HotCanadianChick posted:

I suppose when the rest of your body looks like jelly, but has that intact melon sticking up out of it, you'll look more like an octopus than a squid :thumbsup:

Well most of my skin has been rashed from skateboarding most of my life anyways, maybe I should have been wearing leathers the whole time!

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I know you think you're being edgy or some dumb poo poo but if you want to choose not to wear gear don't bother posting about it or trying to justify it. It's a dumb decision and you're an idiot for not wearing it.

That's pretty much the end of it right there. Keep your stupidity to yourself.

E: That's directed at everyone that doesn't wear their gear, not anyone in particular.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

leica posted:

Well most of my skin has been rashed from skateboarding most of my life anyways, maybe I should have been wearing leathers the whole time!

You've never been pinned against your skateboard while the exhaust melts through the flesh on your leg though!

I squid it up too. Almost never wear pants unless I'm hitting the highway or out for more than 20 minutes.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

leica posted:

True, the best part about skateboarding is going 80 and then dumping yourself on the asphalt. Good times!!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Seems like the big come to Jesus moment for those that don't wear gear is the first time they have to figure out how to wipe their rear end with hands that are completely bandaged up.

I learned my lesson on riding pants after waking up with the scabs on my knees stuck to my sheets. Didn't realize what had happened, tried to hop out of bed, and didn't need any coffee to be fully awake after that!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Unghhhhhhhh. :swoon: Really great price too. Unnnnghhhhhhhh.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Digital_Jesus posted:

I know you think you're being edgy or some dumb poo poo but if you want to choose not to wear gear don't bother posting about it or trying to justify it. It's a dumb decision and you're an idiot for not wearing it.

That's pretty much the end of it right there. Keep your stupidity to yourself.

E: That's directed at everyone that doesn't wear their gear, not anyone in particular.

I'm not trying to be edgy or justify it, I'm just being sarcastic because everyone else is?

If I want to be stupid and not wear any gear I guess that's my problem right? So gently caress off.

KARMA! posted:

True, the best part about skateboarding is going 80 and then dumping yourself on the asphalt. Good times!!

That would be cool if my 50cc scooter could go 80 but it can't, way to pay attention to the conversation though.

I ride a scooter to work for ten minutes at 35 mph on back roads with almost no traffic. I choose not to wear full gear, sorry if it offends anyone but free will yadda yadda and all that poo poo. Can we still be friends?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
This is a comedy forum that happens to talk about motorcycles. I don't know why people forget this so often.:shrug:

If I ever get road rash on my dilz I'm totally taking a photo and posting it here for you all to see. I apologize in advance for breaking tables.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
Here are a couple pictures of the new Ninja. So squeaky clean! I wish I'd gotten one of these as my first bike. It's just so easy and comfortable to ride. It definitely doesn't have the torque of any others I've owned, but I bet I'll learn more about good riding technique on this than the others.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Z3n posted:

Seems like the big come to Jesus moment for those that don't wear gear is the first time they have to figure out how to wipe their rear end with hands that are completely bandaged up.

I learned my lesson on riding pants after waking up with the scabs on my knees stuck to my sheets. Didn't realize what had happened, tried to hop out of bed, and didn't need any coffee to be fully awake after that!
Yeah the worst crash I've had so far was at like 10mph with jeans on and it scraped my knees so badly I couldn't walk properly for 2 weeks because of the scabs.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I wouldn't be here today if I squidded it up. :v:

Guy that clipped me had no gear on, his elbow got chipped. loving nightmare fuel.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fuuuck yooooouuuu.

Dutymode posted:

Here are a couple pictures of the new Ninja. So squeaky clean! I wish I'd gotten one of these as my first bike. It's just so easy and comfortable to ride. It definitely doesn't have the torque of any others I've owned, but I bet I'll learn more about good riding technique on this than the others.

It's the golden era of time capsule bikes atm it seems.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Dutymode posted:

That's a lovely little bike you've got there. Very pristine.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dutymode posted:

Wow that thing is :perfect:

How many miles?

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
2,128 when I picked it up yesterday. I rode it about 40 miles today, got caught in a thunderstorm, and accidentally rode through about 2 feet of standing water. The front fender was plowing it up over the fairing and soaking me, whoops. Already more adventure riding than I did with the DRZ.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Slavvy posted:

Fuuuck yooooouuuu.

It's the golden era of time capsule bikes atm it seems.

Its easily the cleanest first gen I have ever seen used.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

This is a first gen Ninja 250:

I know because I owned one :3:

Dr.Hashshashin
Jul 7, 2015

DABS ALL DAY

TEASE MY NECKBEARD posted:

Sorry bud, you bought the wrong color. Its widely known that the black / silver are the fastest.

Enjoy that bike! I think there now are officially 3 of us goons with one. At what point will it become the goon bike of the month?

Love the king, but I did kill her last year...

Looking for my next super naked unless i find a king that was even close to perfect condition ..

http://www.the47.com/#design

These are pretty hot though.

I wouldn't mind trying out the new KTM duke.. need more super nakeds in the market.. I think 2016 we will see a new Duc though.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

leica posted:

This is a first gen Ninja 250:

I know because I owned one :3:

Cover up the front wheel with your thumb, it makes the whole thing look absolutely ridiculous and clumsy.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

drat that looks sweet; around Chicago it's hard to find the V4s for under 10 grand. Nice.

Dutymode posted:

2,128 when I picked it up yesterday. I rode it about 40 miles today, got caught in a thunderstorm, and accidentally rode through about 2 feet of standing water. The front fender was plowing it up over the fairing and soaking me, whoops. Already more adventure riding than I did with the DRZ.

I rode home from a friend's house and missed that storm by like 2 minutes. That was some apocalyptic poo poo. Very happy I was hanging out in my back porch with one of my sons watching the storm instead of riding in it.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Took the Scrambler to Lookout Mountain around Chattanooga for the weekend. It was a good time.

I have some GoPro footage, but my importer refuses to load for some reason.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Professor Wayne posted:

Took the Scrambler to Lookout Mountain around Chattanooga for the weekend. It was a good time.

I have some GoPro footage, but my importer refuses to load for some reason.

How do you like it so far?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Wow. I've never seen it in black and yellow before. It looks great!:thumbsup: I always thought Tuono's were beautiful bikes and that color scheme really works for it.

BlackMK4 posted:

Unghhhhhhhh. :swoon: Really great price too. Unnnnghhhhhhhh.

Slavvy posted:

Fuuuck yooooouuuu.

Thanks dudes :dance:

Ripoff posted:

Hahahaha oh my God you stole that bike. What the hell is with you CA guys finding these bikes for obscene deals?

Where'd you have to bury his mother-in-law to get that price?

I think the seller could have easily gotten more for it if he had been even slightly competent in the Art of Craigslist. His photos were badly compressed oldschool flip-phone quality and the description was some lovely all-caps dealer description. His asking price was KBB for a 2012's "average miles" whatever that means and I waited him out for less as an exercise in personal restraint :v:

captainOrbital posted:

drat that looks sweet; around Chicago it's hard to find the V4s for under 10 grand. Nice.
The only other comparable V4 in my area is asking $9000 without the dealer-installed Akra option, so maybe it's regional? Nobody knows about Aprilia around here, Gixxers only brah.

I got it registered/insured yesterday and finally had an opportunity to go putt around on side streets. SoCal has had a tropical storm lurking overhead for a couple of days now but it's been a tease so I figured I'd keep it local. Spent 20 minutes playing with the ECU traction settings to get it to Babby Mode, and went out. Got about ten minutes in and the skies apparently speak Italian and know what Tuono means, because it got dark as poo poo so I blasted home and parked it under cover. Mere minutes later we got a downpour I haven't seen in our three years of drought.
:tinfoil:

It sure sounds good, even with the ECU set at Crippling and trying to keep it within sight of the speed limit

Glamor shot:

Dutymode posted:

Here are a couple pictures of the new Ninja.

I am extremely jealous of your graphics

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 20, 2015

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

builds character posted:

So far I'm loving it. I get buyer's remorse over a 20 dollar book. I thought buying a bike like this would give me a heart attack. But every time I get on it, anything resembling regret goes away. I would go into more detail in a trip report, but I got to get some shut-eye before an early flight. Basically anything good you've heard about it is true. Anything bad, such as being finicky at extremely low speed, is forgotten after your first half hour on the bike.

Professor Wayne fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 20, 2015

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008

I am extremely jealous of your graphics

Haha, thanks. I assumed I'd want to take them off until I saw it in person, now I think they're the right amount of silly fun.

Awesome bumblebee you've got there!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

builds character posted:

My brother has one. It is teeny tiny and the engine doesn't shake enough at idle. Feels like a toy.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

clutchpuck posted:

My brother has one. It is teeny tiny and the engine doesn't shake enough at idle. Feels like a toy.

I continue to admire your dedication to your cause. :911:

I only wish I could figure out if it were messing with me or legit loving buells more than life itself.

Professor Wayne posted:

So far I'm loving it. I get buyer's remorse over a 20 dollar book. I thought buying a bike like this would give me a heart attack. But every time I get on it, anything resembling regret goes away. I would go into more detail in a trip report, but I got to get some shut-eye before an early flight. Basically anything good you've heard about it is true. Anything bad, such as being finicky at extremely low speed, is forgotten after your first half hour on the bike.

I'd be curious to read more when you get back.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Shamelessly posting another 300 pic. Click for 1080p wallpaper size

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Well there's your problem with bad drivers, you're on the wrong side of the road. :colbert:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Hehe. That's a grocery store parking lot, believe it or not.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kinda late since I haven't checked the forum in a few days; grats! Now there are 2 yellow v4s in the area...

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
^^^^^^^^^I'm really late too but that Aprilia is gorgeous, and I don't even go for yellow bikes. The color patches are the perfect balance, and the bike just looks like a fat angry bee.

revmoo posted:

Shamelessly posting another 300 pic. Click for 1080p wallpaper size

Really good composition on this. The white on the bike lining up with the white barn in the background, plus the green on the bike logo matching the green everything behind. White bikes and fully faired bikes are my favorites and this has a great mix of both. Nice.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
I bought something today...

2015 demo model with 49km on it (20 of those we me, the others were the guy who sold me the bike). Tried it along with a Monster 821, Z800 and a versys 650 in the mix. Monster is good but too small for me, my boot literally sits on the exhaust and pricey. Z800 has a great engine but is a pig, and the versys was really disappointing (sorry guys). CB has butter engine (haven't gotten any of the buzz issues people have been talking about) and it fits me like a glove. Plus I think it's the best looking of the bunch. Holy poo poo 87hp feels like I'm riding a rocket, I can't imagine what a 180hp BMW would be like.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.
HNNNNG. Nice, but could you please put a tail tidy on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Shoulda bought a superduke instead.