Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

How confirmed was the remake before they announced it? I thought it was weird how Matt was in the corner with his grumpy face going "are you guys done putting on a ~~reaction show~~ for the camera now???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait, they didn't record the square one, why?!

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think they showed Final Fantasy VII at the Sony one too. I'm not entirely sure. I've been pretty busy lately and haven't really been following E3 as closely as id want.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

cmykjester posted:

I think they showed Final Fantasy VII at the Sony one too. I'm not entirely sure. I've been pretty busy lately and haven't really been following E3 as closely as id want.

FF7 was shown first at sony. They didn't record square because they thought it was going to be eh. They recorded PC gaming because they (pat and liam) thought it would be cool. Pat and Liam were so wrong.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

goldblums eyes posted:

How confirmed was the remake before they announced it? I thought it was weird how Matt was in the corner with his grumpy face going "are you guys done putting on a ~~reaction show~~ for the camera now???"

Not at all, just hopes and rumours.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

havenwaters posted:

Pat and Liam were so wrong.

Seriously. I mean, even ignoring FF7, I thought at least one of them would care/expect anything about KH/Star Ocean/FFXIV/Eidos properties.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

goldblums eyes posted:

I was expecting a huge hype explosion, but in the end it was not as good as Chip/10

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pandaK posted:

I was expecting a huge hype explosion, but in the end it was not as good as Chip/10

They took too much chip damage on the last announcements leading to a flaccid finish at the end of the first round.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

Seriously. I mean, even ignoring FF7, I thought at least one of them would care/expect anything about KH/Star Ocean/FFXIV/Eidos properties.

lol man, if FF7 hadn't been announced at the sony conference and only the square one

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
You guys made it sound like you went bananas at the Sony conference but sat stone-faced as most of the surprises were already spoiled for you from hourly visits to Neogaf.

maybe keep off that website for a few days before E3? I'm glad for your honest reactions though. even if I felt they were a little too bummed out.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 17, 2015

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Captain Invictus posted:

The way I see it, they had two choices. Either they do videos for every E3 conference and have the channel be dominated by reaction videos for entirely too long, or they only do videos for the console manufacturers' conferences because that's the only way I can think of to cut things down without knowing ahead of time which ones would be dull and which ones would have giant announcements.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Just discovered this channel, hilarious! Halfway through Resident Evil 2.

Been watching some scrublords too, I loved when Pat screamed out "THEY JUST TRACED THE loving SPRITES" in Super Fighter.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Captain Invictus posted:

There was a lot of unexpected poo poo this E3, but literally loving nobody expected Platinum Nier.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Of course Liam would have an N-Gage.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

quote:

Digimon World Cyber Sleuth PS4 Game Listed on Amazon Canada

someone needs to go check on liam and see if he's okay

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Silentman0 posted:

There was a lot of unexpected poo poo this E3, but literally loving nobody expected Platinum Nier.

Yea as hilarious it is they totally missed out, it's not like any of us went into Square expecting it to kick a bunch of rear end. Like all they did that I expected was the KH3 trailer because yea no poo poo that better have been there. poo poo like Platinum Nier and Star Ocean came out of nowhere.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea as hilarious it is they totally missed out, it's not like any of us went into Square expecting it to kick a bunch of rear end. Like all they did that I expected was the KH3 trailer because yea no poo poo that better have been there. poo poo like Platinum Nier and Star Ocean came out of nowhere.

Star Ocean was announced like months ago.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Wordnumber posted:

Square was such a great roller coaster ride, I would have loved to see them react to the Kingdom Hearts 3 trolling.

Teased last year. Gameplay trailer this year. Ends with "Now in Development".

Can't wait to play that and Nier 2 in 2018.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol gently caress nier, star ocean and kingdom hearts, what about that loving JUST CAUSE 3 PREVIEW.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEw04pKaVs4

It's not the playthrough we asked for, but it is the playthrough we deserved.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

DumbparameciuM posted:

It's not the playthrough we asked for

speak for yourself

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So as someone who has watched a friend play through this whole game all I have to say is

buckle up fuckers, because it gets increasingly broken the further you progress through the game until it reaches the point that the final boss is the software itself

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol they're actually playing ride to hell. What a return to form!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Ahahaha, Matt stonewalling Pat and Liam overdoing Final Fantasy 7 and Liam's "SEE THIS ONE GAME KINDA SORTA ON VITA! ITS NOT A LEGACY CONSOLE GUYS!" was loving priceless. You're doing god's work.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Red Metal posted:

speak for yourself

This Hell Ride is gunna be loving great :D

EDIT: Matt, the 1% patch implies that they're an Outlaw Motorcycle Club. Comes from a statement made by the American Motorcycle Association in the mid 60's that 99% of motorcycle riders were law abiding citizens.

DPM fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 18, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm so excited

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This is going to be a disaster, I can't wait. :allears:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo, didn't see this one coming.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
So Pat will play Ride to Hell but not MK Mythologies. This is a travesty

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

AShamefulDisplay posted:

It's all about priorities.

Really really wrong awful priorities.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Matt's the pilot this time.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I like how Mack's literal subtitle/nickname is "The Uncle" yet Matt and Pat don't know how he relates to the main character.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I wonder if they've already got this fully recorded (it's not a long game) or if we're running the risk of a save file corruption

because that happens in this game too!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DumbparameciuM posted:

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I like how Mack's literal subtitle/nickname is "The Uncle" yet Matt and Pat don't know how he relates to the main character.

Maybe it's not in this part, but Pat keeps calling him Jake's dad from there on out, but I constantly say it's his uncle.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

DumbparameciuM posted:

This game is so bad, theyre gonna go nuts

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

As a Californian I can confirm that those roads are pretty accurate, especially during rush hours

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Pat's reaction to the exploding Power Slide was probably the funniest thing to happen in any playthrough on the channel in a good while. I lost my poo poo just has hard, too. loving hell, this game.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Maybe it's not in this part, but Pat keeps calling him Jake's dad from there on out, but I constantly say it's his uncle.

He's not even going to try to pay attention to this game's plot, and rightly so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

that's absolutely perfect