Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's weird because walmarts website loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
i know!

i mean it would make sense if it was a loving pharmacy prescription.

FWP: years ago our router was moved to the far end of the house, so my computer ended up moved into the living room as opposed to my bedroom so i could still get the drat wifi. but since my mom is retired now, she spends usually the last 3 hours before bed watching all kinds of garbage TV. the latest is a sitcom where, and I counted, in a fifteen minute segment, there was a laugh track after every line but four. I no longer game, so don't need the ethernet connection, and want to move my drat computer back to my room, but I don't want to deal with the spotty Internet again.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

FWP: years ago our router was moved to the far end of the house, so my computer ended up moved into the living room as opposed to my bedroom so i could still get the drat wifi. but since my mom is retired now, she spends usually the last 3 hours before bed watching all kinds of garbage TV. the latest is a sitcom where, and I counted, in a fifteen minute segment, there was a laugh track after every line but four. I no longer game, so don't need the ethernet connection, and want to move my drat computer back to my room, but I don't want to deal with the spotty Internet again.

Can you use powerline adapters there? They’re an easy way to get a wired connection’s reliability without having to run cable. Plug one into an outlet near the router and run an ethernet cable to it, plug the other into an outlet near your computer and run a cable from that. A low end set runs $30-$50 and should cover any reasonable bandwidth need.

I use them to game with and have no complaints.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cowslips Warren posted:

i know!

i mean it would make sense if it was a loving pharmacy prescription.

Range extender, maybe? I had to do that at my brother's house so my nephews could get better wifi upstairs, his router/modem were on the first floor & the kids' rooms were clear at the other end of the house. Worked pretty well once we got them set up, I think it was a pair of Netgear ones that cost like $50-60.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Mesh router.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
On second thought I can just use my chromebook in my room as needed. Computer is a bit too large to put on my old desk.

And i havent found a way to dim the lights on the case.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 00:42 on May 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I've been collecting signatures for my Magic the gathering cards hardcore since 2022. Before that, it was a casual thing. If I was at an event where an artist was signing and the line was short, I'd get them to sign something. But for the past 2 years, I have been loading up my decks with some serious bling. I've been going through signing services to get cards signed for me and my friends. It's great, I love it, I've met many cool new people through this.

One of Magic's more prolific artists doesn't really give a flip about putting their signature on things. This artist will not work with the more popular (and dare I say more responsible) card-signing services, and the agent they choose to use to manage their mail-in signings treats the whole signature business like a chore and it can take two years or even longer to receive cards sent through this agent. You can get them signed in person if you go to an event where they will be attending as a guest. They don't have a published list of known events where they will be attending--it's pretty much word of mouth. They also do work for a publishing company and that publishing company doesn't know which events this artist will be attending.

I did find out about an event where this artist will be. It's on another continent. So my choices are, try and bribe somebody local to attend this event on my behalf, or spend four times as much money as well as leave time from my job to attend this loving event myself. All because I am obsessed with my little mobile art galleries that I use to play a dumb card game.